• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| Do you have the Need for Speed?

Levi

Banned
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Did you purchase it used? You should have the Limited Edition/Online code that came with the game. Than I believe it should work.

Nope, got a brand-new limited edition, code was accepted. Ah, well, guess I'll be first on all my leaderboards until the servers sync up or whatever the fuck is causing my Autolog to fail to populate resolves itself.

YagizY

Not buying this until they support logitech wheels. I just bought a DFGT and their should be no reason why it doesn't support it. Criterion announced that all wheels will work except logitech brand ones (which is hilarious because I believe logitech dominates the wheel market right now).

Apparently one of the designers on twitter said that we can expect an update before Christmas. If and when it comes out I'll pick this game up. It looks to0 awesome to not buy, just wish it had the wheel support from the get-go.

CozMick

Banned
YagizY said:
Not buying this until they support logitech wheels. I just bought a DFGT and their should be no reason why it doesn't support it. Criterion announced that all wheels will work except logitech brand ones (which is hilarious because I believe logitech dominates the wheel market right now).

Apparently one of the designers on twitter said that we can expect an update before Christmas. If and when it comes out I'll pick this game up. It looks to0 awesome to not buy, just wish it had the wheel support from the get-go.

What the fuck?

I did not realise this, was gonna pick it up either today or tomorrow.

£40 saved I guess, that just ain't acceptable.

Discovered online race mode last night. While I love Hot Pursuit mode, it's really refreshing not having to worry about all the weapons and to just be able to race! Screw those realistic racers, this game is just a pure rush.

This game has been growing on me more and more over time. I'm just realizing the vast scope of variety and even finding myself playing the same event 3 or 4 times in a row to beat people on my autolog.

Barrett2

This really might be my favorite game of the year.

Haven't even touched online races, unlocking cars in online Hot Pursuit is so damn good.

BubTheZombie

Neo Member
YagizY said:
Not buying this until they support logitech wheels.

SCANNERS-GIF-01.gif

It blows my mind how companies that release racing games manage to ignore racing game fans so consistently. "Blur" was another in the list of racing games that would force you to play with the keyboard whilst your expensive leather clad wheel idled. Why?

EDIT:
can't...stop...watching...gif.

Sigh.... "Scanners" was the greatest movie ever made back when I was a kid. Must've watched it 100 times. "Alright, let's do this the scanner way. I'm gunna suck your brain dry. Everything you are is going to become me. You're gonna be with me, Cameron, like it or not. After all, brothers should be close. Don't you think?" <Cue cool Dick Smith effects>

Heh, heh. Good times!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, I just picked the game up on PC and the game is soo much better than the 360 edition that I rented. 60FPS helps but the better texture filtering and general IQ is not eye gougingly bad, although the lack of A hurts things.

Anyway, racing as a cop is lots of fun, I like the twist to TT mode which penalises you for bad driving, good stuff. Also, blues & twos + tunnels = win.

image6d90m.jpg

mm04

I just installed it and ran Fraps with everything on high etc and 1920 x 1080 and I'm sure as others have reported already in this thread, it does not support Crossfire. I was getting anywhere from 45 to 60 FPS. Turned off Crossfire and a solid 60 FPS after that. I haven't tried AA with CCC yet, though.

baylon452

Neo Member
Just started playing and done the first few races. First impressions are really good. In particular I really like the auto log and what it brings to the game. I cant wait for some back and forth between people posting higher scores. Going to get stuck in some more with the single player before I jump online.

elwes

StickyFingers said:
Rapid Response can die in a fire.

The ones who came up with the idea, must be put against the wall.

Agreed. I dislike any of the time trial races. They should have just stuck with the Takedown and evade the cop missions.

Started playing this last night and I think it's pretty fun. This is the first racer I've gotten since one of the Burnouts on the original Xbox. One of my only gripes is that it takes so damn long to get into races. The game thrusts its presentation in your face with vigor unseen outside of perverted trenchcoat flashers. I mean, I get it...this stretch of road is notorious for illegal races and the cops are fucking bad ass, but I just want to get in there and race. I failed at getting a gold medal on one of the time trial tracks by a tenth of a second and wanted to immediately hop back into the race. Instead, I have to sit through 2+ minutes of loading, Autolog presentation, and race setup before I can get back on the road. Ugh.

Beezy

Rapid Response and the time trials teach you how to properly play the game. They can't be beaten if you crash constantly, don't know the shortcuts, and don't know how to drift properly. They're fun as hell when you do.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Beezy said:
Rapid Response and the time trials teach you how to properly play the game. They can't be beaten if you crash constantly, don't know the shortcuts, and don't know how to drift properly. They're fun as hell when you do.

There is definitely some truth in this. I didn't like having to do those events, especially rapid response, but forcing myself do to them resulted in me getting a bit better at the game. I can get through most time trials without crashing into shit.

I'm better, but I still kinda suck. Unlike literally every other racing game I've played, I've never hit first place early in a race and hold it until the end. Even if I'm driving well, the rest of the cars will somehow just pass me. I appreciate that it stays competitive till the end, but it's kind of discouraging at the same time. It's even worse Online, I'm consistently one of the worst players in Hot Pursuit and the Races.

It's a bummer that I can't compete, it kinda ruins online for me, but I'm still having a great time in single player.

Pimpbaa

BubTheZombie said:
"Blur" was another in the list of racing games that would force you to play with the keyboard whilst your expensive leather clad wheel idled. Why?

I think you mean gamepad. No one retarded enough to play a racing game with a keyboard.

KaYotiX

Banned
StickyFingers said:
Rapid Response can die in a fire.

The ones who came up with the idea, must be put against the wall.

I hated it at first then as you learn the game they bcome easier. I just got gold on all the racer events, only thing left to do is get the last few achievemnets for the levels. I may just wait untill they release the DLC so i have more events to use :D LOVE THE GAME!!

cantona222

I started playing it yesterday. Played about 10 career events and about 8 online matches (Hot Pursuit mode) and I'm liking the game a lot.

But I am wondering, I can get all the cars and level up to level 20 both as a racer and a cop playing online only. So, is there a significant importance playing the career mode?

Saty

None of the DLC's will be offered to PC owners.
According to what the developer stated in the post, " ... we have a limited amount of resources that makes it so that we are unable to deliver new content to all platforms." He did add that, " ... we do have more updates and content on the way for PC players"
The updates he mentions aren't the DLC packs. It was already confirmed that the Super Sports dlc won't be released on PC.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/12...upport-for-need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-for-pc/

BubTheZombie

Neo Member
Pimpbaa said:
I think you mean gamepad. No one retarded enough to play a racing game with a keyboard.

That "whoosh" sound you hear, friend, is the point of my post whizzing past your head. I'll see you your keyboard and raise you the fucking gamepad as well. Seriously, how is a gamepad any major improvement on a mouse/keyboard for a racing game? Neither are, in any way, an adequate substitute for a set of pedals, gears and a wheel.

No, dude, I didn't play with the gamepad either. Took that shit straight back to the shops instead. Major fucking disappointment from the team behind Project Gotham and the fact I can't use my G25, to me, means the game is not fit for purpose. WipEout is so much better suited to that kind of gameplay and the 360 is begging for a really good futuristic racer. Blur sure as shit wasn't it.

Kolgar

I've been snowed in and getting some extra playtime... My stomach hurts from laughing so hard at all the carnage that results when I take fools down or give an occifer my best.

Kudos to Criterion for the sound effects in this game... The THUNKS and concussions that result from spike-strip decimations and turbo boosts are hilarious and so, so satisfying!

Some of my weekend's exploits:

nb87m.jpg

x0rc09.jpg

1tlt6p.jpg

4vmxk9.jpg

kaskade

I think I'm going to pick this up today. Target has it on sale for 40 bucks. While I don't have one right near me I'm going to have walmart price match it.

iNvid02

i hate how everytime you get screwed over by a company no matter what.

buy it consoles
terrible graphics at times BUT you get dlc

buy it on PC
much smoother BUT you dont get dlc (or have to wait for aages)

BubTheZombie said:
No, dude, I didn't play with the gamepad either. Took that shit straight back to the shops instead. Major fucking disappointment from the team behind Project Gotham and the fact I can't use my G25, to me, means the game is not fit for purpose. WipEout is so much better suited to that kind of gameplay and the 360 is begging for a really good futuristic racer. Blur sure as shit wasn't it.

I loved Blur, still do, but I agree. I accepted years ago, after so many late-last-gen clones, that there will only ever be one Wipeout.

U2NUMB

Just double dipped.. picked it up for the PS3 at target for 39.99 Need PS3 friends to post some scores against. Add me if you want another active PS3 racer. Tag is U2NUMB

amrod

lame about PC not getting DLC... No voice chat for online or DLC... I dunno if I will get another NFS game on pc after this

iNvidious01 said:
i hate how everytime you get screwed over by a company no matter what.

buy it consoles
terrible graphics at times BUT you get dlc

buy it on PC
much smoother BUT you dont get dlc (or have to wait for aages)
I've played the 360 version for about 80 hours and have yet to encounter a single moment where I'd call the graphics terrible.

Pimpbaa

Gary Whitta said:
I've played the 360 version for about 80 hours and have yet to encounter a single moment where I'd call the graphics terrible.

It will look terrible if you experience the PC version on a good computer. I'm playing it on my tv at 1080P and a rock solid 60fps.

Bluforce

Stop It said:
Well, I just picked the game up on PC and the game is soo much better than the 360 edition that I rented. 60FPS helps but the better texture filtering and general IQ is not eye gougingly bad, although the lack of A hurts things.

Anyway, racing as a cop is lots of fun, I like the twist to TT mode which penalises you for bad driving, good stuff. Also, blues & twos + tunnels = win.

http://www.abload.de/img/image6d90m.jpg
WTF is that? Knight Rider?

:0

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Bluforce said:
WTF is that? Knight Rider?

:0
:D

IIRC that was the Ford Interceptor looking mighty cool coming down a tunnel. If you catch the timing right when looking for a good photo, the lights create quite a nice glow on reflected surfaces.

I have to wonder why people don't enjoy the Time Attack modes, especially the cop version. Yes, it's a challenge, but it encourages racecraft, and if it even has a minor effect on peoples play online, that can only be a good thing.

Did anyone nab the iPhone app that released today for Autolog?

It has been making me and my friend rage all day as we beat each others scores lol.

regs

I like this game but I'm starting to get pissed at the Rapid Response, always get screwed somehow and start bumping into walls at the end. Actually I bet this will be a deal breaker for me in the frustration level and I'll prob put down the game and never play it again, jokes on me though EA got my money :lol

I just looked at my autolog's list for tries for friends and they're all at 20-30 tries and still not gold :lol

make me feel better

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
New cars are:

Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 650-4 Roadster
Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible Final Edition

I played online Hot Pursuit for a long time last night and is it just me or is the Crown Vic the best police vehicle in the Sport class?

regs

OK I'm sorry guys but I hate this game. I played it most of the day today and all yesterday. I got the learning curve down and the game just isn't fun to me. Even invited my friend over who planning on picking this up and he is totally turned off by it.

Cars handle like dump trucks, if I wanted this type of frustration I'd do calculus :lol

I'm sending the game to EA's warranty dept so I can get a sealed copy back to return.

sorry guys just had to vent.

Top Bottom