• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| Do you have the Need for Speed?

crispyben said:
The new DLC was in the mandatory 1.1 update last week, you just need to buy the key to use it... You have to DL it to play online I believe, so that'd be rather strange. And man, fuck thay "Duty Calls" Rapid Response, it took me the best part of two hours to nail!

Well, the update was not mandatory considering myself and a few others needed to manually download it from the marketplace. Also, we were able to find plenty of fully populated online lobbies before updating, indicating that many others out there also didn't get the "mandatory" update.

crispyben

MrCompletely said:
Well, the update was not mandatory considering myself and a few others needed to manually download it from the marketplace. Also, we were able to find plenty of fully populated online lobbies before updating, indicating that many others out there also didn't get the "mandatory" update.
Ah, OK, PS3 player here, thought the same applied to Xbox 360 players... That sucks then.

MrCompletely said:
there's an optional patch for this game that's segmenting the online lobbies. People with the new DLC have the patch, but people without it have to manually download it. Of course, nobody knows that it exists, so the pre 1.1 lobbies are plentifully populated while the 1.1 lobbies are sparse and it's tough to find a full room. Discovered this last night trying to join with a group where some had the DLC and some didn't.

It's not an optional patch, it's a Title Update. It was original automatic when you booted up the game, but it was causing a small number of players to lose their save data, so we yanked it.

Apparently, the issue had something to do with being an auto-update, so now it's available in the marketplace to download. We'll keep throwing up reminders on the in-game news feed and in our Facebook channel to try and get more people to upgrade.

egocrata

Banned
So, how does the Veyron SS drive? I am tempted on picking the DLC up, but I want to know if it is worth it.

I love this game, though. Even if I have a strange obsession on doing sport-class events and using the Crown Vic all the time. :D

Mileena

Banned
Not a fan of time trials on either side of the game, especially police. Everything else about it is great though aside from the PS3 version looking like ass.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
The Antitype said:
It's not an optional patch, it's a Title Update. It was original automatic when you booted up the game, but it was causing a small number of players to lose their save data, so we yanked it.

Apparently, the issue had something to do with being an auto-update, so now it's available in the marketplace to download. We'll keep throwing up reminders on the in-game news feed and in our Facebook channel to try and get more people to upgrade.
I haven't been following this thread a whole lot, but NFS:HP2 is my favorite racer of all time. This title looks to improve upon it in many ways but there are no circuits to race in. Since you're working for EA, I'd like to ask a question. Is there anyway you can make a patch that allows you to race in circuits? The world is already divided up into segments and it would be a lot of fun if you could create your own circuit based on the what's already there. I know this is probably a long shot, but I can't be the only one upset about the lack of circuits. Otherwise the game is great!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Hey, we got an EA guy looking at this thread? Awesome. :D

Will there be a manual transmission patch for the console versions in the future? And can I bounce a few DLC car ideas off of you? I want to see the Saleen S7, Lamborghini Diablo SV, Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary Edition, Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR, 2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R, 2001 Dodge Viper GTS, the previous two generations of BMW M5, the M6 Coupe, the M3 GTR cover car from Most Wanted, the Maserati MC12, and some Ferraris, please. :D

japtor

twinturbo2 said:

Will there be a manual transmission patch for the console versions in the future? And can I bounce a few DLC car ideas off of you? I want to see the Saleen S7, Lamborghini Diablo SV, Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary Edition, Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR, 2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R, 2001 Dodge Viper GTS, the previous two generations of BMW M5, the M6 Coupe, the M3 GTR cover car from Most Wanted, the Maserati MC12, and some Ferraris, please. :D
What, no Fiat 500?

KaYotiX

Banned
egocrata said:
So, how does the Veyron SS drive? I am tempted on picking the DLC up, but I want to know if it is worth it.

I love this game, though. Even if I have a strange obsession on doing sport-class events and using the Crown Vic all the time. :D

IMO it drives like ass but i also hated the regular Veyron. Its like a tank and hard to make it drift like other sports cars.

Boo to having to grind Cop events to get to Rank 20.

There's no Cop exclusive online event like Race is for Racers.

Also, there are less Cop events that give 15,000 bounty MAX whereas Racers have more events that give 60,000 MAX.

Seriously, WTF.

kaskade

I really like this game. Best racing game I've played in a long time. My one big complaint is the damn "random" car around the bend. Woooo this drift is awes- fuck. It not that I just feel it happens a little too frequently.

MadOdorMachine said:
I haven't been following this thread a whole lot, but NFS:HP2 is my favorite racer of all time. This title looks to improve upon it in many ways but there are no circuits to race in. Since you're working for EA, I'd like to ask a question. Is there anyway you can make a patch that allows you to race in circuits? The world is already divided up into segments and it would be a lot of fun if you could create your own circuit based on the what's already there. I know this is probably a long shot, but I can't be the only one upset about the lack of circuits. Otherwise the game is great!

I'll toss the idea to the dev team. It's their call. We've got a few cool updates in the hopper, so I'll ask if there's any possibility of adding this to the list for those, or for another one down the line.

twinturbo2 said:

Haha, I'll pass the list off to our licensing guy, Brad. Ferrari isn't happening unless we work it out through MS or Sony though, and if that happens it will be exclusive to one platform.

bridegur

Antitype, any idea if there are plans to make actual use of the open world? It seems to be going to waste in its current state.

Teknoman

Alright, going to make the chatroom, so if you get invited, just pass another invite on to someone else if possible.

EDIT: Room is up, sent out a few invites, so hopefully this will make PSN NFS:HP races easier to organize.

Chaplain

Why do rooms seem so dead lately (360 version)? I want to play but can hardly find a good room with more than 3 players.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The Antitype said:
*ahem* No comment. ;)

Ooh.

Maybe it's too late by now, but the one thing I feel is missing from this game is a Free Play/Exhibition mode. Sometimes I just want to do only races or Hot Pursuits, and I don't want to choose from the limited amount of New events or events that I've already done several times. I would love to be able to chose a car type, a track and an event and just enjoy the awesome driving.

Game Analyst said:
Why do rooms seem so dead lately (360 version)? I want to play but can hardly find a good room with more than 3 players.

It's because some people are updating to version 1.1, and some aren't. We're trying to figure out a way to get that damn update to work as an auto-update without it chewing up save data (for a few people).

Hey Anti-type.

I know it was mentioned before but I didn't see any definite answer. Are there are any plans for a manual transmission patch? The framework seems there given the engine sounds, over-revving etc seem to be in place and the cars seem to shift/behave normally. All that is missing is an option to use the right analog stick, or a couple of face buttons to shift.

Also, not to suck up, but congrats to the team. The game is better than I thought NFS could ever be, and with all the award nominations etc seems like a massive positive lift for the franchise, and Criterion as a whole. Well done.

Stripper13 said:
Hey Anti-type.

I know it was mentioned before but I didn't see any definite answer. Are there are any plans for a manual transmission patch? The framework seems there given the engine sounds, over-revving etc seem to be in place and the cars seem to shift/behave normally. All that is missing is an option to use the right analog stick, or a couple of face buttons to shift.

Also, not to suck up, but congrats to the team. The game is better than I thought NFS could ever be, and with all the award nominations etc seems like a massive positive lift for the franchise, and Criterion as a whole. Well done.

There's currently no patch in the works for manual transmission. That doesn't mean it will never happen, but there are no plans for it at this time. We're working on a ton of other additions though.

If you remember how much Criterion supported Burnout Paradise....well, you get the idea. :D

I'll pass on the words of praise to the devs. They always love hearing it.

Chaplain

The Antitype said:
It's because some people are updating to version 1.1, and some aren't. We're trying to figure out a way to get that damn update to work as an auto-update without it chewing up save data (for a few people).

I thought updates were automatic... How do I update to 1.1?

KaYotiX

Banned
Lots of support for this game sounds awesome, I burned though the DLC in a day :D Love the game so much! Only gripe is having to grind cop events to hit rank 20. As a racer I didn't have to.

Game Analyst said:
I thought updates were automatic... How do I update to 1.1?

You can find it on the Xbox Live Marketplace and PSN Store. It's free, and it's called Title Update Version 1.1.

Download and you're ready to go. :D

Chaplain

The Antitype said:
You can find it on the Xbox Live Marketplace and PSN Store. It's free, and it's called Title Update Version 1.1.

Download and you're ready to go. :D

Ty. I will do the update right now.

By the way, why did your company choose not to have auto updates like 99% of the games on PS3 & 360?

Agent X

The Antitype said:
There's currently no patch in the works for manual transmission. That doesn't mean it will never happen, but there are no plans for it at this time. We're working on a ton of other additions though.

If you remember how much Criterion supported Burnout Paradise....well, you get the idea. :D

That's great to hear! I was pleased with the support they gave Burnout Paradise, with both free and paid downloadable add-ons. I don't purchase very many add-ons for my games, but the Burnout Paradise content was so compelling that I eventually ended up getting all of it. :D

The Antitype said:
I'll pass on the words of praise to the devs. They always love hearing it.

Cool...tell them they're doing great work!

Do you think they'll ever do anything like Crash FM/Crash TV again for Hot Pursuit? It would be cool to hear from the developers' mouths what their experiences have been so far with the development of the game, and what they're planning to extend the game in the future.

Game Analyst said:
Ty. I will do the update right now.

By the way, why did your company choose not to have auto updates like 99% of the games on PS3 & 360?

It originally WAS an auto-update on the Xbox 360, but it was causing a small number of users to lose their save data and get their stats reset. The issue had something to do with the auto-update implementation, so they yanked it and made it a manual download.

Devs are on xmas break now, but they're going to come back to a lot of emails asking for them to figure out how to get it working as an auto-update, cause fracturing the userbase like this is a marketing nightmare. :lol

Chaplain

The Antitype said:
It originally WAS an auto-update on the Xbox 360, but it was causing a small number of users to lose their save data and get their stats reset. The issue had something to do with the auto-update implementation, so they yanked it and made it a manual download.

Devs are on xmas break now, but they're going to come back to a lot of emails asking for them to figure out how to get it working as an auto-update, cause fracturing the userbase like this is a marketing nightmare. :lol

Ty for your response Antitype.

Please tell the devs that the game is designed and balanced brilliantly. I hope the game sells a few million because it is the best racing game released so far on any console in 2010.

Merry Christmas

If anyone has the PS3 version of Hot Pursuit and needs an online pass, toss me a PM. I have an extra one. (Already handed out.)

And just to make this clear, this code was acquired legally. I have purchased 2 copies of the game, and I don't need another pass. 1st person to PM me gets it.

De4th Strike said:
Love the new events,

Feels like a massive step up in difficulty though
and the Gumbert apollo intercepter is a bitch to drive especially on first rapid response where one measly bump pretty much means restart

Got the DLC this morning and glad you noticed this also. I thought it might be just me, the difficulty feels harder for sure. I am not sure if the A.I is just cheating more often!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The Antitype said:
Haha, I'll pass the list off to our licensing guy, Brad. Ferrari isn't happening unless we work it out through MS or Sony though, and if that happens it will be exclusive to one platform.
But I thought Test Drive Unlimited 2 got the Ferrari license, did Atari have to do that one-platform thing again?

At least the Maserati MC12 uses the chassis and engine of the Enzo Ferrari, but without being beaten to death by the ugly stick. :D

Oh, while I'm at it, my dad loves Porsches, and EA has exclusive dibs on the Porsche license, so I would like to see Slightly Mad Studios do a sequel to Porsche Unleashed once they're done with Shift 2.

And one more thing. I'd like to see Autolog in NFS World, and some cross-compatibility with the PC versions of Hot Pursuit and Shift 2. By that, I mean importing the player's NFS World friends list into Hot Pursuit and/or Shift 2, and vice versa, and have the NFS World friends be given an update as to which game you fire up. It would be pretty sweet.

I'd still love to see difficulty options in the game for every event. I'm totally stuck now. It needs PGR style Bronze/Silver/Gold difficulty options so I can get my moneys worth from it. As it is I'm not sure I'll play it again :( I hate hard games.

AnonymousNoob said:
Boo to having to grind Cop events to get to Rank 20.

There's no Cop exclusive online event like Race is for Racers.

Also, there are less Cop events that give 15,000 bounty MAX whereas Racers have more events that give 60,000 MAX.

Seriously, WTF.

It's a social critique of the thankless life that police officers lead. Criterion is artsy like that. :D

cantona222

The Antitype said:

So, Which side has more players? People who downloaded the 1.1 update or the ones who didn't? :D

bridegur

The Antitype said:
*ahem* No comment. ;)

That's all the information I need for now. I can't wait to see what they're working on. Thanks.

As a side note, I was playing the game tonight and couldn't help but wish that Criterion is planning to alternate between NFS and Burnout. With all the lessons learned from Paradise plus the graphics engine from Hot Pursuit, they could possibly make the best racing game ever ever ever.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm waiting for the PC version to arrive in the post now, probably won't be here for a week or two (import from England to Norway). I found 13 uk pound to be too good a deal for me to bite, even though I wasn't super-impressed by the physics in the demo. But after all the good press and reception among racing fans, I just felt like I should give it a go - and at that price, why shouldn't I?

Will there be support for wheels at some point (for the PC version at least)?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
derFeef said:
When is PC Patch 2 out? I want to hear my car engines.

Isn't it funny how this question continues to go unanswered?

Kweh

Whenever I go to Career, it disconnects me from the Autolog servers and doesn't let me reconnect. Anyone have the same problem at the minute?

Top Bottom