• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

iNvid02

Quick and dirty video of the reverb in the tunnels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CN9x31XAAw

I get a hard on every time I drive through here..

PCNTQ.jpg

Oersted

You don't read do you? Just buy the game you like best. And that's Forza Horizon.
It's a great game i think. Seems like an awesome racing game. And it looks fantastic.

NFS is not just a racing game though. Did you play Burnout Paradise online with friends?

Oh come on dude, don´t start getting personal. And yes, Forza Horizon is better. Myself and forgot who mentioned the reasons why it is better.

And NfS is not just a racing game? Explain yourself ;)

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
dark10x said:
NFS The Run ran on Frostbite 2 and managed to run flawlessly (once they patched out the 30 fps limit).
I wouldn't exactly say that. On 7950 "the Run" hits 60+ most of the time in 1080P, but it's not flawless (drops into 30s in starting urban areas), works only with VSync disabled(so tearing galore) and requires external hack-tools to lock it to 60fps (leaving it unlocked, the tearing gets worse and framerate drops below 60 become common).
And the game isn't much of a looker either(especially compared to HP2).

The worst part is that game's internal 30fps sync is inherently unstable, so locking it to 30fps to get rid of tearing, means you're gonna have framerate all over the place (we're talking sub 30, a lot of the time).

And that's without any AA (haven't looked for any overrides for that yet).

Oh come on dude, don´t start getting personal. And yes, Forza Horizon is better. Myself and forgot who mentioned the reasons why it is better.

Who are you to say it's better? Can't you grasp that that it completely subjective? If his reasonings make you want that game more than NFS, than it's a better choice for YOU.

If you played Burnout Paradise you wouldn't have asked that question. There are a great deal of events that have nothing to do with racing. Read up, PLAY the game or withhold from judgement. Can't believe i'm even replying to this childish shit.

Both games are racing games. Both are open world. If one game´s track design is more designed like a racing game than it is better.

Horizon has also a huge online part, in many parts bigger, especially in the variety. NfS is pretty repitive.And no matter what yu think, Forza got a way bigger SP part.

You were already declaring Forza Horizon the better game 10 pages back in this thread. How about we allow Most Wanted to actually be out for a day or two, then we start declaring one better than the other based on our pre-conceived opinions. ;)

Quick and dirty video of the reverb in the tunnels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CN9x31XAAw

I get a hard on every time I drive through here..

Man, I hope the stutters in that video are not from the game.

Sethos

Banned

Oh, so you and someone you forgot thinks it's better? Well that settles it.

You should set up a gaming website and give us these factual information, people would pay to read it.

enderep12

Neo Member
Eurogaf here, can't wait when the game unlocks for me at 00:01 tonight...

Anybody interested in a game or two? ;)

Origin ID is: nevermind, check the community list ;)

feel free to add me ;)

Foshy

If you're getting this on Vita (or got it already), add me! I'd like to see some of the autolog implementation, no friends with the game so far though.

PSN ID: Foshy_the_n00b

crispyben

If you're getting this on Vita (or got it already), add me! I'd like to see some of the autolog implementation, no friends with the game so far though.

Eurogaf here, can't wait when the game unlocks for me at 00:01 tonight...

Anybody interested in a game or two? ;)

Origin ID is: enderep12

feel free to add me ;)
Please consider joining the GAF communities by using the forms and spreadsheets hidden in this post to prevent outside abuse.

To reveal the link simply click the quote button under my username on the left handside.

Mikeside

Opinions are like arseholes...

We've all got one and nobody needs yours right in their face

mrklaw

MrArseFace

hmm, is autolog cross-platform? do you log into an EA account to store your details, so does that mean you can see other autolog users times, or only those on your PSN account friends list?

and if its PSN limited, will Vita and PS3 share times? eg I play on vita, my son plays on PS3 and we're friends on PSN.

U2NUMB

Very interesting reading impressions here. I did not go to the midnight releases here so going to pick up AC3 and this for the 360 at noon but I think based on feedback I am gonna hold out on the Vita version until I find out for myself how it plays on the 360.

I expected nearly 100% praise and drool in here by now and thats not happening. The endless cop chases are a deal breaker for me so I hope they are not as bad as many have described.

Tankshell

Had a quick 2 hour session on this earlier before work, liked what I played of it so far... although the world feels a bit claustrophobic, I thought it would be slightly larger. Meh. Time will tell if the fun factor holds up.

Runs a ok most of the time on my PC, but have noticed some frame drops when in city.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
wonder if we'll get a big surf island style DLC add on. Is there anywhere obvious in the map that they could expand from?

Very interesting reading impressions here. I did not go to the midnight releases here so going to pick up AC3 and this for the 360 at noon but I think based on feedback I am gonna hold out on the Vita version until I find out for myself how it plays on the 360.

I expected nearly 100% praise and drool in here by now and thats not happening. The endless cop chases are a deal breaker for me so I hope they are not as bad as many have described.

Yeah, I wish I could give this game 100% praise but it's flawed. Good, but flawed. I honestly wish I had just picked up the Vita version and skipped on the PC release. I think it might work better as a portable racer that I can pick up and fool around with for a few minutes.

The constant cop chases are a pain in the ass and losing them isn't that easy which is frustrating when I want to compete in events.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I wouldn't exactly say that. On 7950 "the Run" hits 60+ most of the time in 1080P, but it's not flawless (drops into 30s in starting urban areas), works only with VSync disabled(so tearing galore) and requires external hack-tools to lock it to 60fps (leaving it unlocked, the tearing gets worse and framerate drops below 60 become common).
And the game isn't much of a looker either(especially compared to HP2).

The worst part is that game's internal 30fps sync is inherently unstable, so locking it to 30fps to get rid of tearing, means you're gonna have framerate all over the place (we're talking sub 30, a lot of the time).

And that's without any AA (haven't looked for any overrides for that yet).
Interesting.

I can only speak from playing it on a GTX580 where it runs very well.

To quote Jeff Gerstmann from his review (again, it IS a very very different game. Preferences asside):
If you're looking for a multiplayer driving game that's about way more than simple races, Most Wanted's speedlist system makes for an amazingly good time.

That Polygon review is formatted like monkey feces.

*Reads paragraph* - GIANT FUCKING PICTURE - *reads paragraph* - GIANT FUCKING PICTURE!

wow.. what the HELLL kind of layout is that??..

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
First reviews

Giant Bomb 4/5

Hmm.

Ultimately, though, the real issue with the single-player is that it feels a little empty. The world feels small and lifeless. Aside from an announcer coming on and giving a speech that is deliberately similar to the one found in Burnout Paradise when you first start playing, the only other chatter you hear comes during police chases. But the police radio dialogue is almost immediately repetitive, adding the tedium I felt whenever the law got involved. On top of that, it isn't particularly long or in-depth, so unless you're bent on upgrading every car, you'll reach a million experience points and be able to complete the final Most Wanted race in around six or seven hours.

Omiee

I bought this yesterday on my iphone. Damnnm this looks good for a phone game and def worth the money. Also happy its optimized for the iphone 5 screen.

Might get it on pc aswell

all the talk about endless cop chases turns me off big time, if im trying to do races and challenges and cop chases keep bugging me i will get annoyed very quickly, especially hearing they are not easy to shake either, wtf are they thinking!

Am I the only one getting cut off text on the first image. It says "Ting Easy Drive is Like Texting While".

I'm getting "egotiating Easy Drive is Like texting hile driving"

Also, there is a shit load of white space between the intro and the first picture because of the ad on the right side of the page. Terrible, just terrible.

At least the review score is good. I just can't read that review.

saladine1

I haven't completed the game but I do agree with GB. I don't know, it feels like it lacks purpose or something if that makes sense. I know Criterion tried to distance themselves from the original, but I feel they could've went more in depth in terms of 'story' and game-play....

-Amon-

It is not that difficult to see that Forza Horizon got more content, better track design etc. than Need for Speed Most Wanted. And no, I´m not saying this NfS entry is totally bad. With, don´t know, 3 more months development, it could have ended up in the Forza Horizon league.

Open a comparison thread please.

So say I'm in free roam looking for collectables and I start getting chased by cops and I just stop and get busted, what happens? I loose points? What?

-Amon-

all the talk about endless cop chases turns me off big time, if im trying to do races and challenges and cop chases keep bugging me i will get annoyed very quickly, especially hearing they are not easy to shake either, wtf are they thinking!

HOW STRANGE cops are chasing me while i illegaly race on open roads ! And they're not joking, they're actually trying to get me :(

Coldsnap

Seems like this game is a banger too. It's too bad Horizon and this launched so close togather, only have time for one new game.

I've been having a lot of fun with the game so far. Spent about an hour last night looking for "jackspots" (new cars) and smashing billboards. I agree that the map is small, but it's packed with shortcuts, ramps, etc... It beats Paradise's map imo.

When you unlock cars, each car has five races in which to unlock junk and earn points. If there's 100+ cars, that's 500+ races, right? That's a shit load of races.

Top Bottom