• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

AdamMPSP

Thinking about getting the Vita version later today as part of the Target buy 2 get 1 free deal. Keep talking about the vita version, guys!

Every time I get into a cop chase I start hating the game.

They're not fun. They're a big pain in the ass that prevents me from doing what I want to do, which is drive like a maniac around the city and do races.

They're not fun. They're a big pain in the ass that prevents me from doing what I want to do, which is drive like a maniac around the city and do races.
Coming up in a Criterion update: turn off cops. I hope...

By the way, is there a mountain area like in paradise?

Tankshell

Hey all, just got the PC version and looking for some origin/autolog competition... anyone feel free to add me, origin id: Tankshell

Cheers!

Thinking about getting the Vita version later today as part of the Target buy 2 get 1 free deal. Keep talking about the vita version, guys!
You might not see it there. When I checked online, it's not even listed on the website for Target getting it in-store. Zone of the Enders was the same way. Other games coming out today appeared to be in-store.

I'm thinking ACIII Liberation Vita, Sports Champions 2 (if there), and Professor Layton (3DS).

strafer

Oh god, I hate the traffic and the fucking crash cam every time.

And I can take on several police cars but a single traffic car, nooooooo.

:(

scitek

Gotta say, I'm pretty unimpressed with what I've played so far. Technical problems aside, it's just not a lot of fun yet.

Daft_Cat

Gertsmann mentioned in the quicklook that the game felt small in contrast to the vastness of Burnout Paradise.

Accurate for those of you here who've played it? How big a map are we talking? Is there a lot of rural space outside of the city?

kafiend

Oh god, I hate the traffic and the fucking crash cam every time.

And I can take on several police cars but a single traffic car, nooooooo.

:(

Agreed on that annoying traffic cam.

+1 to the game in general for not having needy voice overs every five minutes "reminding" me about stuff as in Horizon.
But -1 to the game for all that shit that keeps appearing as info attached to my car.

Gertsmann mentioned in the quicklook that the game felt small in contrast to the vastness of Burnout Paradise.

Accurate for those of you here who've played it? How big a map are we talking? Is there a lot of rural space outside of the city?
Well considering i played BP for 50 hours and am 60% done with MW 6 hours in.

They're fine but i do hate that you have to lose them after each race you win and they appear in

You might not see it there. When I checked online, it's not even listed on the website for Target getting it in-store. Zone of the Enders was the same way. Other games coming out today appeared to be in-store.

I'm thinking ACIII Liberation Vita, Sports Champions 2 (if there), and Professor Layton (3DS).
My target had both need for speed vita and zone of the enders. Picked them both up this morning along with assassins Creed liberation.

They're fine but i do hate that you have to lose them after each race you win and they appear in

I loved that in MW '05, though. I felt it added an extra bit of flair to the end of the event. It gave the cop chases a bit of weight, in that even though you have your "race events", cops are another force of their own. They don't play by your rules of "event over? Everyone go home now, gais", they just want to shut your shit down.

Fox Mulder

I loved that in MW '05, though. I felt it added an extra bit of flair to the end of the event. It gave the cop chases a bit of weight, in that even though you have your "race events", cops are another force of their own. They don't play by your rules of "event over? Everyone go home now, gais", they just want to shut your shit down.

but that game also had punishment attached for being caught. This apparently does nothing but load you back in the world.

Criterion have said the world map is larger than Paradise.

Have we reached a decision concerning PS3 versus 360?

Pretty unclear still, but unfortunately both versions have problems. Based on Criterion's previous work, it's likely they're very near identical, problems and all.

Well considering i played BP for 50 hours and am 60% done with MW 6 hours in.

It didn't take you 50 hours to finish Paradise's single player mode.

How many total MP events and challenges are there? Is it a similar number to BP?

At least as many online challenges as Paradise, and I believe I heard it was more.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm actually kind of glad to hear that the game is a bit more compact. Wide open sandbox games with endless events are simply mammoth tasks that I can never hope to finish. After a while, unless substantial variety is present, the game starts to become monotonous.

and you need to earn all your shit again online?.. iii dunno. Andgetting dropped back to the place where you found the car when you select it?.. WHY?
Maybe i'll even wait for a fleshed out improved version for Wii-U.

This is stupid, i've decided not to buy the game at this time. I will wait for a price drop.

I'm actually kind of glad to hear that the game is a bit more compact. Wide open sandbox games with endless events are simply mammoth tasks that I can never hope to finish. After a while, unless substantial variety is present, the game starts to become monotonous.

agree

can anyone please tell me how unlocking stuff online and single player work? If you unlock a car and or mod during single player does it carry over to MP or is unlocking stuff during MP separate?

FtHTiny

Starting to send out some friend requests on origin. Would be cool to have some times to compare when i can be able to start playing it tomorow.

Seriously, no difference between the two ports at all?

No one has done a true technical analysis yet, so there is no definite answer right now.

But, if the previous two games made by this development team are any indication, as well as the impressions we've already seen from people in this thread, as well as high def videos on youtube, the two versions are going to be extremely similar. So similar you probably wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

Megatron

Seriously, no difference between the two ports at all?

There probably is, but people on this board haven't had a chance to see what they are yet. Those of us who have gotten our hands on it in the few hours it's been out have likely only seen it on one console so far. The best you can hope for is to check reviews for comparisons.

Just wait for this game to be $30 on Black Friday. By then we should know which version is better and you can save money (I'm guessing at that price, but NFS games are always cheap on BF)

Really good point. I never completed most of the search quests in Burnout: Paradise. I think this game's content will do me just fine.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Does the Vita edition of this lack real crashes? I thought I'd seen some footage where cars just bounced about in the Vita build and didn't even dent or deform.

legbone

ok, am i missing something here or what? is there no way to choose the color of your paintjob. does it just cycle through every time you drive through a gas station. if so, wtf? every time i swing through a station for some nitrous the color of my car changes. i'm really digging the presentation of this game but the actual implementation of upgrades and apparent lack of color custimization is a real bummer.

or maybe i'm just stupid and there is a garage you get later or something or some way of locking one color in so it doesn't change everytime i hit a gas station.

waypoetic

Banned
Just done watching the GB quick look and... "Need For Speed : Being A Dick" should be the box title. That MP session turned me off 100%. No buy

crispyben

and you need to earn all your shit again online?.. iii dunno. And getting dropped back to the place where you found the car when you select it?.. WHY?
Maybe i'll even wait for a fleshed out improved version for Wii-U.
This is stupid, i've decided not to buy the game at this time. I will wait for a price drop.
Actually, I believe it's quite the opposite. Speed Points are earned offline and online on all platforms, and they unlock stuff in both single player and multiplayer at the same time. The difference is that you cannot take your SP cars online in MP, as the progression is distinct.

Top Bottom