• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

I wasn't going to pick this up at launch because of some of the initial single player impressions. I loved Burnout Paradise and put around 90 hours into the multiplayer so I decided to download the PSN trial and give the multiplayer a try.

Wow. Is is 100% the Burnout Paradise sequel I've waited so long for. I played till the end of the 1 hour trial purchased it then played another 2 or so hours. I still haven't done a single event or race in the single player yet so I can't give my impressions on that.

Anyone who is on the fence who enjoyed the multiplier in Burnout Paradise should definitely give it a try.

Holy shit are some of these races EPIC. Flying around the beachfront area, dust kicking up, crazy impressive lens flare flickering in and out of sight, coming out from a tight corner and launching 100 feet through a billboard.

The only other racing game I've ever played that delivers thrills like this was Burnout Paradise.

Is this a carbon copy of Paradise? No, but it's easily the closest thing we've seen since, and will be until the next true Burnout game shows up in a couple years.

matmanx1

Kotaku gave it a very positive review.
http://updates.kotaku.com/post/34640631549/need-for-speed-most-wanted-the-kotaku-review

Can't wait to try the game once power
Is restored regardless of all your complaining.
;)

I completely agree with a Kotaku review for once. The frenetic pace and never stop for anything vibe work so well and that's what keeps me playing and grinning like an idiot the whole time. And that feeling comes through 100% even on the Vita version, especially with a good pair of headphones and the volume cranked up nice and loud.

pixelpushr

Neo Member
I was a huge fan of the 05 Most Wanted and Paradise but after reading the reviews I've realized I'm probably better off going back to those games if I want a good single player experience. I did end up buying Forza Horizon though and I'm really enjoying the single player. Feels like a mix of PGR and Dirt with NFS: ProStreet atmosphere. I'll definitely pick up NFS:Most Wanted at some point but since what I'm looking for is a good single player I'll hold off for now.

yophlow

Banned
Hey, quick question - can a 360 player compete with times and scores against a ps3 player via Autolog? I know this wasn't possible in Hot Pursuit, has it changed for MW?

B-Dex

Does anyone else constantly disconnect from autolog? Really annoying to have to open the menu go to friends and reconnect every 10 mins.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Is it just me or are the cops really hard to loose at times? I don't remember having epic 15 minute chases on the last MW.

Gacha-pin

Does anyone else constantly disconnect from autolog? Really annoying to have to open the menu go to friends and reconnect every 10 mins.
I got disconnected several times from autolog during multi last night. You are always kicked out from the game if it's happened in multi :(

Ketch

Is there a GAF PC community? I'm thinking about getting this, but want to make sure I can get the most out of multi for my $50

Massa

This thread kind of talked me out of buying the game but after playing the trial on Playstation Plus it will be mine. Just hope they patch the cops to be less annoying.

I'll get it on the Vita though, $20 cheaper and just the way I want to play it. :) Stupid EA would have gotten $60 from me if this were a Cross Buy title.

VanWinkle

This is probably my favorite Vita game yet now. Just so good. There are areas where it needs improved, but hoping those will get patched or they're things that I just have to deal with (sub-native res).

darkwing

This is probably my favorite Vita game yet now. Just so good. There are areas where it needs improved, but hoping those will get patched or they're things that I just have to deal with (sub-native res).

it's a bad game to play on the bed just before you are about to sleep lol

Mairu

I've been enjoying the game some more even if I'm still pretty disappointed.

Losing cops can be frustrating sometimes, but the worst is when I start to do perfectly in a race and the game crashes a fourth of the way to the finish line :/

Mairu

I was able to play some multiplayer with a friend... The multiplayer is awesome!

I'm still disappointed in the single player, but I'm excited to play more. I was only playing with one other person but I can't wait to get some more games going.

ManeKast

Can I use my existing Origin ID (from PC) on this (PS3)?

I am only getting the option to create a new account, is there no way around this?

I put my origin ID in and it just says its already taken, with no option to sign in to my current one, wat the hell? "Origin offers you one unique ID across platforms" it says...

Chris R

Downloaded the PSPlus demo last night, game is pretty fun...

Wasn't digging the road design (vastly prefer Paradise) or the car selection, but at least the driving wasn't crap. Also, for some reason the screen wasn't filling my tv fully but instead was off to the right by half an inch.

Also, do you ever unlock a better way to swap cars or do you have to drive to the car you want each time?

Ketch

I am only getting the option to create a new account, is there no way around this?

I put my origin ID in and it just says its already taken, with no option to sign in to my current one, wat the hell? "Origin offers you one unique ID across platforms" it says...

Dude, be careful. The same sort of thing happened to me when Battlefield 3 came out and I ended up with two origin ID's and now I can't get them to merge them or help transferring stuff all to one or anything. Everytime I try to talk to them about it they, I kid you not, hang up on me.

This is the same problem I'm having. I'm getting REALLY frustrated.

have you guys associated your PSN ids etc.. in the Origin site first?

I've had my EA account since 2008. Wasn't sure if it would automatically roll over to an Origin account, but it did. I login to my Origin account but when I try to link it to my PSN id it says that someone else already has that account. On my PS3 I try to sign in with my user name /origin id and it tells me that someone else has that account even though it's the same account name I sign in to on the PC.

ManeKast

I've had my EA account since 2008. Wasn't sure if it would automatically roll over to an Origin account, but it did. I login to my Origin account but when I try to link it to my PSN id it says that someone else already has that account. On my PS3 I try to sign in with my user name /origin id and it tells me that someone else has that account even though it's the same account name I sign in to on the PC.

Seriously what the hell..... I have spent two hours trying to get online with this game. I add my PSN account on origin and it says it cant be added as it was already used on an existing account, I changed email adresses on PSN and Origin, same problem. I seriously can not get Origin to accept my PSN ID no matter what, this is bullshit.

Oersted

Holy shit are some of these races EPIC. Flying around the beachfront area, dust kicking up, crazy impressive lens flare flickering in and out of sight, coming out from a tight corner and launching 100 feet through a billboard.

The only other racing game I've ever played that delivers thrills like this was Burnout Paradise.

Is this a carbon copy of Paradise? No, but it's easily the closest thing we've seen since, and will be until the next true Burnout game shows up in a couple years.

Smaller overworld, lower framerate... yeah, it comes close ;P

Seriously what the hell..... I have spent two hours trying to get online with this game. I add my PSN account on origin and it says it cant be added as it was already used on an existing account, I changed email adresses on PSN and Origin, same problem. I seriously can not get Origin to accept my PSN ID no matter what, this is bullshit.

Why not just give the option to login to my origin account on my PS3? Why do you do this shit EA?

ManeKast

Now Origin (on my PC).. even AFTER uninstalling and reinstalling, will not even show me the add a friend option where you can link a PS3 account, its just a blank box. This is absolute bullshit. At this stage I have the option of creating a whole new PS3 account, it simply wont accept my current one.

Razgreez

Why do the cars all handle like boats... The again it was the same in HP and everybody seems to love both these games

Must be something wrong with me

Mairu

Why do the cars all handle like boats... The again it was the same in HP and everybody seems to love both these games

Must be something wrong with me

I don't blame you - I definitely prefer the more arcadey handling found in the Burnout games. It does get better though when you get more cars, they get easier to control.

Now Origin (on my PC).. even AFTER uninstalling and reinstalling, will not even show me the add a friend option where you can link a PS3 account, its just a blank box. This is absolute bullshit. At this stage I have the option of creating a whole new PS3 account, it simply wont accept my current one.

Yep, when I try to add my PSN id to my Origin account on my PC I get "This Origin ID cannot be associated with your account, because it has been previously linked with a different EA account." What the fuck? The only account my PSN has ever been linked to is my EA account which is now my Origin account.

Haunted

This game man, this game.

I'm having a hard time not putting this among the top racing games of this generation.

I'd put Paradise, GRID and Split/Second solidly above it, but it probably belongs into the tier right below that with all the other big shots. Good shit. That said, would it be any other dev than Criterion I'd be absolutely ecstatic - but it being Criterion and not as good as BP... you can't help but feel a bit more critical about it.

Top Bottom