• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

Ketch

Got the game on PC. Played a couple hours this morning, was top scorer in all 3 multiplayer speedlists I did. Then tried like 30 minutes of the campaign... which I don't get the point of. Multi is where this game is at for sure.

I need origin friends, I sent out some invites to people on the community list. But please, add me!: targeteasy on origin

kuroshiki

No, it's not a good idea to use that break for any old turn. Think of it as the "extreme break", where you have no choice but to press this button because I need to stop immediately and turn very sharply. It's also a good "turn around" button, as you slam that button, and turn sharply, you'll spin around so you can head another direction.

Oh. Thanks.

I'm playing this as ridge racer way, where press brake and release as you make a turn to make a drift. So far it's working out pretty well, except of course, like you mentioned, sharp turn doesn't work this way.

Got the game on PC. Played a couple hours this morning, was top scorer in all 3 multiplayer speedlists I did. Then tried like 30 minutes of the campaign... which I don't get the point of. Multi is where this game is at for sure.

I need origin friends, I sent out some invites to people on the community list. But please, add me!: targeteasy on origin

Just wandering around messing with police itself was pretty fun for me. Also finding cars hidden around the city.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wtf? I just did the race against the number 10 most wanted car and failed, then I noticed it said I wasn't connected to autolog. Pressed triangle to connect and I suddenly lost about 40,000 SP and can't even race the Alfa anymore.

Did I just lose all the points I got while it was disconnected from autolog?

Edit: if I press start, it shows me ad number 18 with 39,000 SP. if I just start driving, it comes up with 111,000 SP at the top of the screen. Confused.

Edit2: ok, now I suddenly have 145k and unlocked the number 9 MW race too. Quitting for tonight, too random for me.

The Chef

I am just about to head on a mexico cruise and was juuuust looking for a good Vita game.
Does the Vita version look as gorgeous as the ps3?

partime

AHH! Playing on my MBP and can't access my num6 key to start my first race!
What key goes to options? It seems they've disabled all of them!

VanWinkle

I am just about to head on a mexico cruise and was juuuust looking for a good Vita game.

Umm...play Vita much? Lol definitely doesn't look as good as the PS3 version but it still looks good and the game is amazing on Vita.

Synless

No, I'm kinda disappointed truthfully. I don't know what kind of visuals I was expecting, but they were better than what I'm seeing.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Races are utter chaos, far more than I remember with BP. Even had problems beating the first race in the GT40. Spray from the cars and dust, you can hardly see where you're going.

GrayFoxPL

Races are utter chaos, far more than I remember with BP. Even had problems beating the first race in the GT40. Spray from the cars and dust, you can hardly see where you're going.

That's nothing compared to Burnout Dominator or Revenge. There is just blur, sparks and Michael Bay times 1000.

RobertM

What does one has to do to get more camera option...is 2 really enough? The camera feels way too close to the ground in first person, hood camera would be nice. I also like slightly angled camera strangely enough.

I wish this game was more Need for Speed than Burnout. I want my customization back from Underground to Shift that is part of this games DNA since first Underground which is absent from this game. Not too happy with this game nor with the whole looking for cars part. I found a Corvette, why should I bother with other junk?

Goldrusher

http://www.gamesradar.com/need-speed-most-wanted-vita-version-way-closer-to-360-ps3/

360 top, Vita bottom

3d401f02b287f0e9c4aed7fb7319939359040a9a.jpg__939x820_q85.jpg

da4a95acd2aeef020489517ff0a466acc13666c5.jpg__939x820_q85.jpg

Very close in the city... but the Vita doesn't like trees:

B-Dex

Sorry for asking, but how is the framerate on the PS3 version?

Sometimes I notice slowdown in pre-race cutscenes and when lots of cop cars are around like a huge roadblock with all rhinos and 4-5 chasing but otherwise haven't noticed any other times.

Also those 360 screens... why didn't they adjust the overscan?

mandiller

If anyone is playing Most Wanted on Vita, add my to their PSN friend list! I just got NFS Most Wanted but I don't have any friends to compare times too.

My PSN ID is the same as my username - mandiller

The pictures of the Vita version without trees is hilarious.

You forgot to complete your sentence. .......but the PC version looks glorious!

Why would it be hilarious that a version of the game on a mobile device would look significantly worse than a console version?

Wanny

Anyone care to explain me the bullshit point system in MP? I'm like most of the time the first at meetups, most of the time I have the most takedowns, I finished 1st on 3/5 events and 3 guys had like +30k more points than me. Is there some hacking going on on PC?

It looks decent enough on Vita. It's like comparing one of the old PSP Burnouts to Burnout 3 on PS2.

In all honesty Burnout Legends looked much more on par with Burnout 3 than what seemingly this one does with the console versions. Personal view. Those shots without trees look pretty awful. I wish I could try it for real so I could see it for myself.

Is there an easy way to tell where you placed when you're just scrolling through old races? Or does it just go by the gold marking next to the race?

Skyzard

Banned
Is anyone regretting the vita version or quite put off playing it already?

Too late I couldn't resist..touchscreen confirm button..so loose!

PS3 or 360? Unfortunately I can't buy the PC version cause my processor is not enough powerful! So what are your advices?
From what I understand, they're virtually identical. Have to wait for the head to heads to know for sure. Go with the system/online/controller you prefer.

scitek

It's FINALLY starting to click with me. I knew if I just played it long enough. I had to get a few upgrades so I wouldn't crash everytime a bug hit my windshield, and I've gotten used to the handling, but I might finally like the game.

antitrop

It's FINALLY starting to click with me. I knew if I just played it long enough. I had to get a few upgrades so I wouldn't crash everytime a bug hit my windshield, and I've gotten used to the handling, but I might finally like the game.

I felt the same way with Burnout Paradise. It didn't click for me until I had a much better car, but then I was addicted.

scitek

I felt the same way with Burnout Paradise. It didn't click for me until I had a much better car, but then I was addicted.

I might have been the same with BP, as well. I can't really remember, but I know I played that one to completion twice for a total of about 70 hours, so maybe this'll be similar if I get into a group online.

leca

Made a quick gameplay video for the vita version last night, sorry about the washed out video it's pretty hard to film a screen. I might make a new one on the weekend that's clearer :).

http://youtu.be/oy25YNGE9f8?hd=1

They literally just picked up the pc/ps3/xbox version and just slammed it right in there. It's absolutely brilliant , really hope more releases on the vita are like this and not a gimped "special" release (See: all NFS games for ios/android/Nintendo Wii). I realise the mobile games are a little different but it's just impressive anyway.

Only just found out today that the ios and android versions contribute towards the pc/xbox/ps3/vita versions using your origin account in a cloud way.

rbanke

This is encouraging to hear, after a few hours I'm totally not digging it. I wanted Burnout Paradise but the comparisons just don't seem accurate at all past the billboards and gates. Cops are nothing but irritating also. Hopefully I'll get into it.

I don't know if this has been answered before, but what about the custom soundtrack in the PC version? I can't find that option in the game!

DonMigs85

Hmm, I've been getting an issue just now in the 2nd Ariel race where the screen shows big grey triangles. Is it a bug or a sign of GPU problems? This PS3 isn't even a year old so I doubt it.

This is encouraging to hear, after a few hours I'm totally not digging it. I wanted Burnout Paradise but the comparisons just don't seem accurate at all past the billboards and gates. Cops are nothing but irritating also. Hopefully I'll get into it.

I wasn't digging it at first cuz of the handling and oversteering but now that I've got some better cars and being more used to it, it's definitely clicking now. Able to take corners pretty well now. So there's hope for you.

Piggus

Bought the Vita version and looking forward to trying it out. A little disappointed that it's not a native res game, but oh well.

Top Bottom