• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

Actually, I'm quite fond of the game so far - I was just shining a light on some of the problems the games has. I don't think the grinding is that big of a deal, I dig these types of casual challenges in racing games. But I'd like progression in singleplayer and multiplayer to be linked.

Criterion also should have offered the option of an optional install on the PS3, load times are sometimes excrutiatingly long.

The police is the only real annoyance in singleplayer - unfortunately a really big drawback.

I would've liked an installation option on PS3 as well. Could have improved performance every so slightly.

Why's autolog disconnect every 5 minutes?

I'd like to know this as well. I don't think it happens that often to me but I do have to reconnect a few times each time i sit down to play. I'm assuming it's something that can be patched to improve its stability.

btkadams

i let one of the most wanted cars get away (after i beat him in the race). how do i find it again? will it be marked at all, or do i have to look out for a driving white lambo? ugh..

btkadams

They will find you and pretty well troll you.

Black triangle will appear on your minimap.

k good, thanks! i like how the one most wanted car that i actually want to use is the one i let get away ha.

i am about halfway done the events at about 5 hours into the game. i'm really enjoying it. i haven't touched the multiplayer (vita) though. i played the ps3 online for about a half hour and it was pretty cool though. is the vita multiplayer comparable?

OmegaZero

i am about halfway done the events at about 5 hours into the game. i'm really enjoying it. i haven't touched the multiplayer (vita) though. i played the ps3 online for about a half hour and it was pretty cool though. is the vita multiplayer comparable?

EDIT: Vita multiplayer is limited to 4 cars.
Everything else is the same though, as far as I know.

They will find you and pretty well troll you.

lol, this is exactly what they do.
*speeds off into oncoming traffic, swerves to a halt as you fly by, and then you crash into a car while you're staring at the mini-map trying to figure out what the fuck he's doing*
*nowhere to be seen for five minutes until you pull a u-turn and he goes speeding by in the other direction*
*out of nowhere, crashes into a car right in front of you, re-appears somewhere else on the mini-map*

Winning the Most Wanted races is like, "The real Most Wanted starts here."

Gravijah said:
the freezes that happen at high speeds are :(

I thought that had something to do with Autolog. I've even had it happen when I wasn't going too fast. You can definitely get in situations where the streaming is trying to catch up though.

Ban Puncher

Got all the Most Wanted cars and am now looking for the last few billboards and security gates. The collectables are a lot easier to just stumble upon than Burnout Paradise.

Game is a ton of fun, especially the multiplayer. The only negative would be the awful, awful soundtrack. And the people complaining that this isn't an Underground 3 game? You people are whack. Hella whack.

Massa

I'm liking this game a whole lot more than Burnout Paradise. It's much better at being a racing game, in addition to all the other stuff.

Skyzard

Banned
I just wish it was a bit funner to mess around in, needs more loops!

Favourite car so far? Really enjoying the Porsche 918 Spyder, not bad to look at either..

Already put 14 hours in on the vita version since friday, which is a lot of playtime for me!

PrimeRib_

Anyone else getting the GPU crash on the Vita? First time I've ever seen the error. The game freezes and drops to a black screen with a "GPU dump" error, forcing a manual reboot. Wondering if its Most Wanted or the 1.81 firmware ...

Finished the final Most Wanted race tonight. Enjoyed the hell out of the races. Still plan on finishing every event in the game with a gold medal.

Also plan on jumping online a lot more.

remz

Got all the Most Wanted cars and am now looking for the last few billboards and security gates. The collectables are a lot easier to just stumble upon than Burnout Paradise.

Game is a ton of fun, especially the multiplayer. The only negative would be the awful, awful soundtrack. And the people complaining that this isn't an Underground 3 game? You people are whack. Hella whack.

Man I never get what people mean when they're like awful awful soundtrack.... What game in this genre has a better licensed soundtrack?

There are some duds for sure (the nicklebackesque alt rock, for ex) , but zoom is a pretty great song, and there are some other decent picks. It's refereshing it's not purely top 40 trash.

red731

Needle Point with Bugatti Veyron.

Never again. Me and my friend spent more then one hour on that stupid speed race. 251km/h
Such a relief when I did it.

DonMigs85

If the streaming can't keep up, that's not necessarily a sign of a defective optical drive is it?
I remember on my old PS3, the disc-based Burnout Paradise or Red Dead Redemption could also freeze if you went a little too fast.

Just played online for the first time tonight on Xbox. Really fun, but is it normal for the game screen to go black after the 5 race session is over? Game just froze.

If the streaming can't keep up, that's not necessarily a sign of a defective optical drive is it?
I remember on my old PS3, the disc-based Burnout Paradise or Red Dead Redemption could also freeze if you went a little too fast.

This is what Digital Foundry had to say about the streaming

Most Wanted can move very quickly indeed, particularly once you're zooming across terrain with multiple nitrous boosts. As a result, streaming of geometry and texture assets forms a crucial part of the engine's design, and without an effective culling algorithm, it would fall flat. In playing the console versions, it's apparent that grass tufts, light sources, and reflected elements are handled with a lesser priority, though this is acceptable given that they're largely aesthetic elements. We see plenty of reflected details popping in on the ground when riding at high-speeds on console, for example, but it's rare that we can spot actual buildings or cars suddenly emerging from nowhere on the horizon.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-need-for-speed-most-wanted-face-off

The game just has some streaming issues. Two or three times the game couldn't even load the damn road in time when I was playing. :p
Another reason why I wish the game would install to the HDD.

Tankshell

Why's autolog disconnect every 5 minutes?

Have EA/Criterion even acknowledged this yet? I can't even sign in initially when the game boots up, takes about 10 tries to connect via the easydrive menus and even then I will quickly get disconnected again.

Seems to be affecting a lot of people in this thread.

DonMigs85

Iv come out of tunnels at 200mph and the game has just froze for 5 or more seconds trying to load shit, This is on a 60gb ps3.

Hmm, really makes me wonder if the age or quality of the drive can affect streaming.
Has the lens on your PS3 ever been cleaned in the years you've had it?

Man I never get what people mean when they're like awful awful soundtrack.... What game in this genre has a better licensed soundtrack?

There are some duds for sure (the nicklebackesque alt rock, for ex) , but zoom is a pretty great song, and there are some other decent picks. It's refereshing it's not purely top 40 trash.

I agree, this game has an excellent soundtrack. I wish it had custom soundtrack feature though.

red731

Many times I am going so fast, that I will fall through world that wasn't streamed in yet
KuGsj.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Have EA/Criterion even acknowledged this yet? I can't even sign in initially when the game boots up, takes about 10 tries to connect via the easydrive menus and even then I will quickly get disconnected again.

Seems to be affecting a lot of people in this thread.

Same. Actually seems more stable on vita. And the PS3 version doesn't seem to try to reconnect in the background

I have not had this problem yet, got the digital version btw.

red731

Ideas -

easydrive uses only one button on dpad to acces its menu at that is RIGHT button.
Three button are free when not navigating it - UP, LEFT, DOWN.

Programm the buttons so they can quickly change customizable parts(what would people like) -
UP for tires(ex. off road-track)
LEFT for body
DOWN for transmission

Why didn't they add that...it must be hard for some to change on the fly.
I can safely navigate to all tire types when driving and look there only once to check and set.

RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT (ED>CUST>TIRES)
RIGHT - stock
DOWN RIGHT - off road
UP RIGHT - reinflate
UP UP RIGHT - track

remz

Forza Horizon, Dirt 2, etc.

Dirt 2 maybe, but Forza is equal with MW at best. But it's nitpicky to say one sucks and the other rules. When it comes right down to it, all 3 games have pretty good (and some pretty bad) selections.

I still don't get the distinction with MW or even Hot Pursuit having bad music... Criterion games having bad music has become a meme. Horizon shares tracks with Hot Pursuit.

I still don't get the distinction with MW or even Hot Pursuit having bad music... It's a meme. Horizon shares tracks with Hot Pursuit

They aren't bad but the song selection is way too small. You could easily get tired of even the songs that you like in one playthrough. There's really no reason at this point to not have a huge variety of songs in racing games. GT5 had 189 songs from basically every genre that you could think of.

I'm trying to find NFS MW 2005 but its hard to find and ebay is expensive, one dude is selling his copy for $100.

How is the pc version on that? Does it have any graphics mods to make it look better?

remz

They aren't bad but the song selection is way too small. You could easily get tired of even the songs that you like in one playthrough. There's really no reason at this point to not have a huge variety of songs in racing games. GT5 had 189 songs from basically every genre that you could think of.

Absolutely agree with this though. The more the merrier.

SmokyDave

Same. Actually seems more stable on vita. And the PS3 version doesn't seem to try to reconnect in the background

I've had no autolog issues whatsoever on the Vita version. It disconnects when I pop the Vita in sleep mode but then reconnects quickly once I boot it back up.

Blimey Charlie!

I had no idea, I always mute the music in racing games.

Top Bottom