• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

Why doesn't the mp relocate everyone to the same location instead of driving there? I had 5 games where a dude just fucks around on the other side of town and everyone is waiting on him.

Returners

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the MP I must say... Tried it out with Returners yesterday. Anyone figured out the "Revenge Is Sweet" perks thing?

GG.

Wrapping up most of the Vita version currently. Finished the jackspots and the cameras. The billboards and the gates still allude me. Brought me back to Paradise and I wished they had a burnoutteamrocks.com for MW.

Why doesn't the mp relocate everyone to the same location instead of driving there? I had 5 games where a dude just fucks around on the other side of town and everyone is waiting on him.

I thought it did.

Playing MP for the first time last night after about a minute it would relocate everyone to location you're supposed to be at.

Gravijah

i wish there were more options for restrictions in MP. i'd like to be able to set events as one car only.

it does.

Returners

I thought it did.

Playing MP for the first time last night after about a minute it would relocate everyone to location you're supposed to be at.

in the middle of a challenge it doesn't, some 2-parters where you have to race to a location first.

The thing is, you can complete challenges for your PRO mods when this happens, since you're in speedlist. :D Reinflate is the easiest to do.

i wish there were more options for restrictions in MP. i'd like to be able to set events as one car only.

it does.

I always have to drive there with a text popping "meet up there".

I haven't really understood the mp modes yet, I played takedown mode, team race and one wich required us to jump on a roof.

While this thread is semi-active.

Is there any place you can go where it will tell you what mods you have equipped on a car in MP?

I can go into the charts where it shows what you unlock at certain levels, but it's kind of a pain and I'd like to see if the stuff is actually equipped.

So I am confused about how online works since I have not tried it yet. Do all my cars with unlocks carry over from SP to MP or do I just unlock everything again?

Ketch

So I am confused about how online works since I have not tried it yet. Do all my cars with unlocks carry over from SP to MP or do I just unlock everything again?

You unlock everything again... but cars are based on speed level, and that carries over. So if you leveled up in SP you should have a bunch of cars to pick from, and then the more you use those cars you'll unlock the different mods for them.

You unlock everything again... but cars are based on speed level, and that carries over. So if you leveled up in SP you should have a bunch of cars to pick from, and then the more you use those cars you'll unlock the different mods for them.

Oh ok got ya....thanks.

fernoca

Well, kind of an update to this..
Awww...
Had problems with Origin as the Vita game/PSN account was automatically tied to an old account.

Today, EA support transferred the account (quite fast and friendly guy, no complaints), only now I can't connect to Autolog. :(

Deleted the game data, patch, save, restarted/installed the game/patch. Back to the intro...and still nothing. Waiting on a new response from support.

If anyone knows a work around, let me know. (again, Vita version)

Mad props to EA/Origin Customer Service, especifically Kyle Cooper. :)

Dealt with me through all this days, exchanging emails getting things sorted out, and now..I'm back online. :)

kle89

Neo Member
Planning on getting this on PC, was wondering is there plenty enough people playing online to where it doesn't take forever to find random players?

bs000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znVFwx5GocE

While I was doing some events using the "Recommends" map, I noticed that when I start an event from there, it would copy all the mods from the car I was currently using, to the car I chose for that event. Now I can have all my pro mods on any car without having to play all the events :3

Returners

Alright, Vita version done done.

I'm disappointed with the Vita "exclusive" races. None of them exceed 3km and can be finished in 1 min or less.

ryushe

Anyone have a good, "safe" way to quit the game. Vita version here.

Don't know, I never feel comfortable just pulling the tab to close the game. I know the game constantly saves, but I always like the option to quit to the main menu.

Anyone having problems unlocking trophy's? Beat the McLaren mp4 in the race then shut it down but no trophy unlock!?! On the auto log it says I've not raced or even shut it down??

fernoca

Don't know, I never feel comfortable just pulling the tab to close the game. I know the game constantly saves, but I always like the option to quit to the main menu.

Well, only when the "N" logo in red appears at the bottom it is saving. I'm like you, so in that aspect I make sure that there's no "red logo", and then pause the game...then press the guide button and quit it. (I'd prefer an actual option to quit too) :p

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

There is no main menu in this game. With the PC version, selecting quit immediately returns you to the desktop.

zulfate

Real question here but how come this game doesnt seem as big on gaf? I always see the forza thread pop up way more. I guess i should read or watch a video for the differences.

Real question here but how come this game doesnt seem as big on gaf? I always see the forza thread pop up way more. I guess i should read or watch a video for the differences.

The thread sizes for the two games aren't that different. Forza is bigger by about 500 posts.

Forza also has a lot of customization features, which I think keep some people talking about them a lot. Forza also has a lot of DLC coming, and some of it very soon, so people keep talking about that as well.

When DLC is announced for Most Wanted you'll see this thread get busier again for a while.

Trying to do the Escape velocity and fast forward trophy's , , Do I have to smash through any billboard at high speed or a billboard that I haven't smashed yet?? Same goes for the fast forward trophy , blast through a camera I haven't been through yet??

Lima

I'm still disappointed by the graphics and framerate. They are terrible. Not the Criterion I used to know.

The nailed the driving part which is obviously the most important thing for a racing game.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm still disappointed by the graphics and framerate. They are terrible. Not the Criterion I used to know.

The nailed the driving part which is obviously the most important thing for a racing game.
Wait, what? While the framerate isn't what I would hope from Criterion the actual visuals are phenomenal. What's your issue with it?

Lima

I played Forza Horizon before playing Most Wanted. That was a mistake.

The game has aliasing everywhere I look and they don't even use all of the screen. Even after setting the screen size in the beginning, there are black borders top and bottom like they didn't know that most TV's have perfect pixel mapping these days.

The game has aliasing everywhere I look and they don't even use all of the screen. Even after setting the screen size in the beginning, there are black borders top and bottom like they didn't know that most TV's have perfect pixel mapping these days.

Sure, but you have to admit Most Wanted has a little more going on in it's environments than Horizon, right?

A dozen cops on the screen at the same time, the wet streets, water spraying up from them, sparks flying and cars crashing ahead of you, the amazing lighting effects, etc.

Yes, Horizon is a very clean and smooth game, but Most Wanted is presenting a very different experience, and I find it equally impressive they pulled it off on the Xbox. It's not really fair to just compare framerate and aliasing, and not acknowledge Most Wanted is a far more ambitious game technically speaking. Also, those black borders are quite tiny.

Lima

Well to be honest I didn't play much of MW yet so I haven't seen the crazy cop chases etc.

It was just my first impression after coming from Horizon and that immediately put me off.

And well yeah I see the black borders because I have a 60" TV that I sit very close to.

kuroshiki

Well to be honest I didn't play much of MW yet so I haven't seen the crazy cop chases etc.

It was just my first impression after coming from Horizon and that immediately put me off.

And well yeah I see the black borders because I have a 60" TV that I sit very close to.

Try 'ambushed'.

or #1 most wanted race.

Cops are all over the fucking place. They even throw spike lane bomb at you ALL THE TIME during #1 race.

Dawg

It's a fun game, but it's disappointing to see how much this game looks like Burnout instead of Need For Speed.

I miss tuning aswell. Starting from scratch with a "newbie car" and buying better cars and tuning them felt so satisfying.

apesh1t

Banned
Well after about 25% of the way through I'm losing interest. Maybe my interest in games is slipping but this is kind of a boring game. I wasn't the biggest fan of Paradise but I LOVED Hot Pursuit, and the rest of the Burnout series. For a NFS game I find it kind of easy. I might not get first every time, but after a second try I usually can. It's not like Hot Pursuit where coming in third was a struggle. The technical bugs are starting to get to me. The slight pause when entering a new area (360), the slow down at fast speeds.

I'll give it a few more tries but after like half an hour I'm done. Kind of missing that "one more try" feeling that is the best part of racing games.

kuroshiki

Well after about 25% of the way through I'm losing interest. Maybe my interest in games is slipping but this is kind of a boring game. I wasn't the biggest fan of Paradise but I LOVED Hot Pursuit, and the rest of the Burnout series. For a NFS game I find it kind of easy. I might not get first every time, but after a second try I usually can. It's not like Hot Pursuit where coming in third was a struggle. The technical bugs are starting to get to me. The slight pause when entering a new area (360), the slow down at fast speeds.

I'll give it a few more tries but after like half an hour I'm done. Kind of missing that "one more try" feeling that is the best part of racing games.

Try play game with Initial D soundtrack.

It changed the entire game for me. best racing ever.

and I hated hot pursuit. The control just didn't work for me. This game however has more 'tighter' control feel.

Wonko_C

Black borders is due to the game being subhd, but instead of stretching the image to cover the whole screen and making the game blurrier they decided to leave the pixel ratio alone and that means small black borders, Burnout Revenge on 360 does the same except the black borders are on all 4 sides of the screen. I prefer this approach, BTW.

Top Bottom