• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Liking this game less and less....

Is there no way to tell what car you've done what in from some type of hub screen or something? Spent like 20 minutes cycling through my cars trying to find the one car I beat 2 Most Wanteds and all the races in and got nothing.... Why isn't this in the statistics????

there is a stats screen you can dig down per car, and see how many miles you've driven, how much air etc.

If it doesn't include which races you've won, you can just drive the car and take a look at the race submenu to see if you've beaten them or not.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Still a pain in the ass but thanks.

What happens if you don't "shut down" the most wanted car? Do you never get it?

Good question, never not shut it down. If you crash while chasing it, just stop on the road and it'll fly past you after a few seconds, often teleporting behind you when it was in front before. Basically inviting you to it it

apesh1t

Banned
Welp if you don't shut him down he'll just show up periodically while you drive. Just had this happen after he crashed into a wall, I followed then didn't get credited with a takedown. His arrow was also way off the map at parts, glitches out.

kyo27

Wow tried the demo and was really disappointed. The image quality is really lacking compared to Horizon or even Hot Pursuit. Frame rate didn't feel smooth even the opening cinematic was choppy as hell. They also really need to take a cue from Forza and use a racing line or have a better on screen indicator of where you are supposed to go. Looking down at the mini map every few seconds to see where the next turn is coming is a pain and causes crashes more often than not. After trying the both demos, I think I will pick up Forza Horizon over this.

bs000

is 33 seconds a target time in game, or just a personal target?

I was just doing them as fast as I could and the longest one too me 33 seconds. If it was 33 seconds for a gold medal I think there'd be alot of people pitching controllers :p

crispyben

The first circuit race with the Porsche is at easy difficulty and I barely got 2nd place once, am I fucked?
Step up your game, man! In all seriousness, try not to brake too much, and don't crash too close to the end, as that's where rubberbanding kicks in. All easy events are meant to be easy, as that's where you get Nitrous for each car, and I honestly think they are. I'm not a good player by any means, yet I got gold in all events without much difficulty (yes, even Needle Point). The hardest ones were the Ambushes, and that's been solved for you last page. I also used this tracker to optimize my car usage and adapt the challenge to my liking.

I was just doing them as fast as I could and the longest one too me 33 seconds. If it was 33 seconds for a gold medal I think there'd be alot of people pitching controllers :p
I did a sub-30" Bloody Nose thanks to you, that was oh so satisfying :p

They also really need to take a cue from Forza and use a racing line or have a better on screen indicator of where you are supposed to go. Looking down at the mini map every few seconds to see where the next turn is coming is a pain and causes crashes more often than not.

Very good observation. That's the only real issue I have with this game. It's very difficult to figure out where you're going in a new race while driving 260KM/hour.

Wonko_C

Very good observation. That's the only real issue I have with this game. It's very difficult to figure out where you're going in a new race while driving 260KM/hour.

What's weird is that the game puts big green arrows in some places but your car can go through them as if they weren't there, yet in previous NFS titles those arrows were as solid as walls.

daviyoung

Banned
What's weird is that the game puts big green arrows in some places but your car can go through them as if they weren't there, yet in previous NFS titles those arrows were as solid as walls.

The Run had the same type of LED direction arrows too. I like the way they're implemented here, only show up on tight corners or ones where there's no obvious checkpoint. My main problem with the navigation is getting on and off the freeways, the sliproad isn't highlighted quick enough so I just keep on going.

Either way, I can find my way through point-to-point much quicker and easier than in Paradise.

c0Zm1c

It's fine as it is. It only takes one race to learn where you need to go because the courses are short and chances are you'll be doing it again to get gold if you missed it, or just to improve your times.

Lima

Now that I have put more time into this game I love it. Really love the approach they took with the single player races here. Gives you a reason to check out all the cars the game has to offer rather than just sticking to a few like you do in most racing games where you never use 40% of the garage.

Skyzard

Banned
^ It gives a bit more speed for that one push when you need it iirc...but the burn nitrous is much more useful. Using it a little to get out of smashing into a wall after taking a corner too fast is awesome too.

TJP

Just discovered the PC version creates a 'dreamshot' and 'snapshop' folder just like Hot Pursuit yet we have to press the print screen button to take an in-game picture. Very odd and smacks of another corner being cut...

No, that car is a floaty piece of junk. Having said that, some of the Medium circuits totally kick my ass.

I finished the game using the starting Porsche :| (fully upgraded of course). It hardly matters what car you use though because the game doesn't have any real racing anyway.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The heavy vehicle handling just sucks all the fun out of this game, they need to patch in Burnout Paradise's handling into this game.

LogicStep

Any tips in ways for me to enjoy the game more?

I've always loved these games, I beat the original Most Wanted, but this one is a little off to me. The fact that it's open world is cool but I don't like having to drive to a destination to start a race. Losing the cops takes me a long time sometimes and while it's fun to run away and try to escape, it feels like a huge waste of time because those 10+ minutes I didn't make any progress in the game. Some of these cars are so fucking fast that finishing a race without crashing is almost impossible. It's so hard for me to evade traffic and crashing into walls at high speed it's frustrating.

aristotle

stuck at 133/135 security gates :|

man its even tougher to get since u cant see which all u have gone through in the map

That happened to me as well. There's a spot near the dirt area in the middle of downtown. There are like 2 alleyways around there that have nothing in them but gates. Good luck!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I finished the game using the starting Porsche :| (fully upgraded of course). It hardly matters what car you use though because the game doesn't have any real racing anyway.

Same. Really liked the handling, but I guess you get used to something you drive a lot.

The tesla was fun to drive. Gets really quiet at high speed, is weird (especially so as I have the music turned off). Bit slide happy though

peetfeet

Anyone know what the number means to the right of your ID on the number plate? Speedlist Ranks on the left, on the right?

kenta

Has no PEINS
Can someone do me a favor? I can't find this jack spot for the life of me, so it would be rad if someone would Jump to it and just take a picture of where the vehicle is sitting so I know where to look. At this point I'm thinking I'm glitched because I can see where I would *expect* the car to be, but nothing is there

The spot is circled in red:

EDIT: Well I just discovered that if you're driving the car usually sitting at a specific Jack Spot, it won't show up on the map. Nevermind! Didn't realize that's what was going on

Skyzard

Banned
Will try and link people that may be able to help to this post, can't find out how to contact ea on vita game stuff yet:

Vita fixes/wishlist:

1. bug with too many friends (about 5-7+, more=longer pause) and momentary freezing near speed cams and billboards when connected to auto log - pulling speeds/distances from friends list...

2. police are too easy - even on heat 6 I have to purposefully hunt down police to keep them on me. Hardly ever use the swat cars etc. I know why they are easier, and I agree that it is nice to quickly outrun them in 10 seconds on level 1 since it is a handheld but even the higher levels are pretty much nothing at all, and they even drop heat fast. Becomes a silly way to wrack up Speed points and police are basically...inconsequential.. slight bumps here and there in difficulty..pretty please :)

3. (not just vita) - Hood camera instead of bumper cam, car can be invisible if needed, it's just too useless atm being so low down.. and you do need an alternative view for these high speeds

4. the longer races that were cut added as optionals if possible

5. ?cut-scene bugs - sometimes can't skip (the top average speed events) and other times doesn't auto accelerate during the cutscene/second shorter cutscene's loading period (small number of events)

6. Customisable controls - (or some alternatives please) - The triggers are awful...users are having issues with accidentally skippings songs too.

7. Ad-hoc mode .. :)

8. All the DLC you can make! ...perhaps some jumps through buildings? I've missed them from burnout paradise the most I think. Lots more races.. Game of the decade addition: customisable route - mapped by driving (traffic off probably best), supporting new area dlc too...with AI support (at selectable difficulty) ...and online compatible..probably too much >:)

Nearly at 40 hours with this, mostly on single player. I'm getting familiar with the roads and drifting around corners and in-between cars is becoming less tragic, feels good to play and nice that it is rewarding and largely skill based...quite a challenge at times though, although the races aren't all that bad.

Imo this is still very much handheld GOTY 2012.

Wonko_C

Add this to the list:

7.- Let me remap the buttons, I don't want to wear out my triggers, also let me map "next song" to the front touch, I'm tired of accidentally skipping songs or stopping them.

Add this to the list:

7.- Let me remap the buttons, I don't want to wear out my triggers, also let me map "next song" to the front touch, I'm tired of accidentally skipping songs or stopping them.

yes please.

The right trigger was god awful for me on the vita....So bad (for me) that I bought the trigger grips posted a page or 2 back. They are great and I love them already but imo it shouldn't of came to that.

I skip alot of songs as well....dont think ive made it to the end of 1 yet!

Am thoroughly enjoying the game despite its few flaws...Almost got all SP achievements then its on to a little MP action

Skyzard

Banned
Completely agree about the (damned) triggers, yep custom controls would be nice definitely - will add it to the list incase he doesn't see the full thread. I tweeted Matt Webster who seems nice enough..

adhoc is probably a pretty low priority considering the userbase....but it would definitely be cool and down the line I don't see this game being topped in the racing department for quite a while and I have to say it might even be slightly funner then wipeout..which I hold to legendary standards and is pretty hard to say.

Also guys, if you didn't know about them, grip accessories really help with comfort and prevent accidental song skips on the rear touch pad. Also the custom soundtrack works great (auto pausing in-game one)...and isn't affected by the rear touchpad.

U2NUMB

I sure could use more Vita friends .. game seems to fit my Vita much more than my 360. Enjoying it on the go.

Add me on the Vita if you are also missing friends Tag: U2NUMB

Top Bottom