• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

Skyzard

Banned
I sure could use more Vita friends .. game seems to fit my Vita much more than my 360. Enjoying it on the go.

Add me on the Vita if you are also missing friends Tag: U2NUMB

Careful of adding too many at the moment.. see number 1. in my longer post ...previous page.

Anyway about 10 or so should be ok, there are some lists with psn ids (for certain games) somewhere too.. I think mostly in the "Vita multiplayer thread"

U2NUMB

Careful of adding too many at the moment.. see number 1. in my longer post ...previous page.

Anyway about 10 or so should be ok, there are some lists with psn ids (for certain games) somewhere too.. I think mostly in the "Vita multiplayer thread"

Thanks for the info.. sure hope they patch it. Seems like an obvious one to catch in testing.

Skyzard

Banned
Thanks for the info.. sure hope they patch it. Seems like an obvious one to catch in testing.

No problem and yeah..maybe they only had the 1-3 vitas ;)... it's very obvious for me after adding about 15 people...it then recommended friends that were in common as well so it grew pretty quick since they were mostly gaffers. It's ridiculously noticeable (since there are so many billboards and cameras!) (the pauses are long and frequent enough to be off-putting infact - my friendslist with this game is quite large though) so definitely go easy and resist too many automatic friend suggestions :p .. for a while. Sure do hope they fix it too..not sure exactly how to let them know properly tbh.

I asked others in the vita thread, one had it like mine, another only added a few and had very minimal freezing...but you'd hope there is a better system of retrieving the info..like saving them locally and updating that!

The game is very good though so don't let it bother you too much.

I feel too guilty removing people though..would like to get online again soon..

NaviLink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znVFwx5GocE

While I was doing some events using the "Recommends" map, I noticed that when I start an event from there, it would copy all the mods from the car I was currently using, to the car I chose for that event. Now I can have all my pro mods on any car without having to play all the events :3

Has this been patched ? I tried to reproduce it yesterday, but no luck. (360 version here)

As for the game, I need to play more multiplayer before my final verdict, but so far I still prefer Burnout Paradise.

crispyben

stuck at 133/135 security gates :|

man its even tougher to get since u cant see which all u have gone through in the map
That guy has a video playlist with all the gates by area, it saved my life when the one I missed didn't have a billboard behind it, though it has a nice jump.

I platinumed the PS3 version this week-end, but I'm not sure I'll stick with the MP, s I don't really like to play demolition derby in between events :( I tried to go back to the Vita version, but it feels like I'm burnt out.

persongr

Just got it this morning, and while I was racing with my Vantage, the soundtrack suddenly stopped being extremely boring - this thing has Galvanize. I was amazed and delighted at the same time.

Also, it seems that I am completely useless in pursuits, since I cannot evade the cops unless I retry the event for more than five times. Any tips?

Just got it this morning, and while I was racing with my Vantage, the soundtrack suddenly stopped being extremely boring - this thing has Galvanize. I was amazed and delighted at the same time.

Also, it seems that I am completely useless in pursuits, since I cannot evade the cops unless I retry the event for more than five times. Any tips?

Was surprised Galvanize was in here, old track. But soundtrack of the game is amazing. I love Bad Mood!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Spent the weekend with the Vita version as I was away and enjoyed it, although compared to the PC edition it is rather sluggish. During one of the speed runs I would find myself crashing because the game would take a while to respond. I can get around it but It's noticeable.

Playing online for the first time on PC made for a silent destruction derby fest which wasn't as fun as I would like, really would be better with the PC GAF players on Mumble to have a laugh while playing.

Also, if any fellow Vita players would like to add me to PSN StopItRAWR, noting the above issues but I only have 3 people on my PSN who have NFS so I'm not in any danger of running into any issues yet!

Since the update my PC version will not play in full screen :/ I press alt+enter and it just flashes back to windows. I was enjoying it but would like to play full screen seeing as the MP objectives are underneath the taskbar :lol

Also, if any fellow Vita players would like to add me to PSN StopItRAWR, noting the above issues but I only have 3 people on my PSN who have NFS so I'm not in any danger of running into any issues yet!

I sure could use more Vita friends .. game seems to fit my Vita much more than my 360. Enjoying it on the go.

Add me on the Vita if you are also missing friends Tag: U2NUMB

R_thanatos will add both of you for vita ( i don't have friends on vita for this game yet )

Jonnyram

Will try and link people that may be able to help to this post, can't find out how to contact ea on vita game stuff yet:

Vita fixes/wishlist:

1. bug with too many friends (about 5-7+, more=longer pause) and momentary freezing near speed cams and billboards when connected to auto log - pulling speeds/distances from friends list...

2. police are too easy - even on heat 6 I have to purposefully hunt down police to keep them on me. Hardly ever use the swat cars etc. I know why they are easier, and I agree that it is nice to quickly outrun them in 10 seconds on level 1 since it is a handheld but even the higher levels are pretty much nothing at all, and they even drop heat fast. Becomes a silly way to wrack up Speed points and police are basically...inconsequential.. slight bumps here and there in difficulty..pretty please :)

3. (not just vita) - Hood camera instead of bumper cam, car can be invisible if needed, it's just too useless atm being so low down.. and you do need an alternative view for these high speeds

4. the longer races that were cut added as optionals if possible

5. ?cut-scene bugs - sometimes can't skip (the top average speed events) and other times doesn't auto accelerate during the cutscene/second shorter cutscene's loading period (small number of events)

6. Customisable controls - (or some alternatives please) - The triggers are awful...users are having issues with accidentally skippings songs too.

7. Ad-hoc mode .. :)

8. All the DLC you can make! ...perhaps some jumps through buildings? I've missed them from burnout paradise the most I think. Lots more races.. Game of the decade addition: customisable route - mapped by driving (traffic off probably best), supporting new area dlc too...with AI support (at selectable difficulty) ...and online compatible..probably too much >:)

Nearly at 40 hours with this, mostly on single player. I'm getting familiar with the roads and drifting around corners and in-between cars is becoming less tragic, feels good to play and nice that it is rewarding and largely skill based...quite a challenge at times though, although the races aren't all that bad.

Imo this is still very much handheld GOTY 2012.
Such a good post. I agree with almost all of this. The bumper cam is atrocious. I hate playing driving games from above/behind the car, but I can't play any other way in this because you just can't see where you're going with the bumper cam.

Also, the sound is bugged pretty terribly. For example, if you puncture your tyres, and keep driving at a high speed, the sound fx fuck up the game performance and totally destroy the music, making it sound like a jumpy CD.

I wanted to ask, though, when you beat a Most Wanted car, if you get busted before you take him down, how can you find him again? Does he just pop up randomly? Do you need to be in the car you beat him with?

Skyzard

Banned
Such a good post. I agree with almost all of this. The bumper cam is atrocious. I hate playing driving games from above/behind the car, but I can't play any other way in this because you just can't see where you're going with the bumper cam.

Also, the sound is bugged pretty terribly. For example, if you puncture your tyres, and keep driving at a high speed, the sound fx fuck up the game performance and totally destroy the music, making it sound like a jumpy CD.

I wanted to ask, though, when you beat a Most Wanted car, if you get busted before you take him down, how can you find him again? Does he just pop up randomly? Do you need to be in the car you beat him with?

Cheers although not sure if anyone will actually see it. I will check out what you were describing with the sound as well, it rings a bell.

About the most wanted cars getting away before you take them down - not to worry they'll just appear randomly as you are driving around (not in an event). They'll just whizz past you and you can take them down then - also appear on the minimap when they load. You don't usually have to wait too long to see them again, nothing to worry about. It's also quite nice as a random event when messing around imo.

I like the Nissan GT-R egoist in this at least starting out, didnt realize it was real car and worst, why do cars have to be so pricey and out of reach irl, I wouldnt mind having it.

Very fun car to drive in the game..looks nice irl. Well they all do really, decent selection. Shame about no ferraris, silly licensing.

hwy_61

Banned
Just ordered the 360 version for $30 off of Best Buy's early black Friday thing. I'm also planning on getting it from Amazon's PC sale extravaganza this Friday!

Is it dumb to buy the same game for two platforms?

nahhh..

Lima

Shortest Criterion game I've played. 12 hours and all races with all cars won. Yeah now onto their always shitty collectibles.

c0Zm1c

Good dumb, or dumb dumb?
It feels like dumb dumb, but I'll pretend it's good dumb. :p I've got 100% done in singleplayer in the PC version and nowhere near that in the PS3 version so there is the fun of doing all that unlocking over again. Though I'm thinking I'll just jump into the online and stick with that on PS3 now.

Shortest Criterion game I've played. 12 hours and all races with all cars won. Yeah now onto their always shitty collectibles.

How is that possible, I have nearly the same amount of hours but only 7% complete and only finished all racers in the GT - R Egoist. Though I spend time just driving and trying to destroy as many cops as possible...

Lima

How is that possible, I have nearly the same amount of hours but only 7% complete and only finished all racers in the GT - R Egoist. Though I spend time just driving and trying to destroy as many cops as possible...

And I didn't do that. The world is so small and really dull. I'm not enjoying driving around pointlessly like in Burnout Paradise or even in Hot Pursuit.

The pursuits are really dumb too. The AI is not even remotely smart enough, the re-inflate tires make the spikes pointless etc.

I really liked the change cars to access new events idea but it was poorly executed. You just end up redoing a lot of the same races with a different car, only with a change in difficulty, mostly just because the new car is slower or not that well suited for the race.

The single player is a mess. There is no sense of progression, the tacked on "Most Wanted" list is a joke and nothing compared to the storyline, while being extremely cheesy, of the original MW.

And let's not even start on the MP.

This game is a lot of fun, they really nailed the driving. So while still being a very good game it is definitely Criterion's worst game so far.

Sorry if that has been answered but how come sometimes I can just select "Start Race" from the Easydrive menu, and then other times I have to Set Destination and drive all the way there?

Also, just a rant, I wish there was a way to speed up through the damn menus in between races, its so sluggish.

Amon37

Sorry if that has been answered but how come sometimes I can just select "Start Race" from the Easydrive menu, and then other times I have to Set Destination and drive all the way there?.

Thats because you have already done that race in another car so the destination is already unlocked.

Also I beat needle point into the
koniseggggg

Lima

I've never driven to a race. Just pull up your map and go to the "Recommends" tab. Races that are bright green are the ones you have not won.

Also I beat needle point into the
koniseggggg

The race was awesome. Really the only race that required the brakes.

bs000

GPS... wat r u doing

GPS...

stahp...

There really is something weird going on with the GPS. I'll miss a turn and turn around to follow the GPS, but then suddenly the GPS flips and tells me to go the other way, so I turn around again and it flips again and I'm liek MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND!

Has this been patched ? I tried to reproduce it yesterday, but no luck. (360 version here)

As for the game, I need to play more multiplayer before my final verdict, but so far I still prefer Burnout Paradise.

Still working for me. What did you do exactly? You have to change to a car you already have mods on and equip the ones you want to copy. Then hit the BACK button and press RT till you get to the "recommends" map. Start a race from there and choose the car you want to copy to and you should be done. Remember that they're not permanent unlocks and won't show up as unlocked, but when you open the customize menu, you should see all the copied mods in the list in the bottom right of the screen.

tch

Oh man the impressions (especially on the vita version) are all over the place. Was hoping it would be amazing on vita. Maybe settle for the pc version? No idea anymore if I should get it or not.

Love the game but I have to say my biggest problem with it are the cops. I really can't stand how they stay with you regardless of how fast you are going. Example, I can go as fast as I can and when I look at the radar they are staying right with me, right on the edge of their sight range. Then when you take a few hard turns out of their sight they will follow regardless or one will magically appear ahead of you on your path. Luckily they included the trick of turning the car off but that doesn't help all the time.

That being said I really am glad now that they did not include them in multiplayer. Other than that I love the game almost as much as I loved Hot Pursuit.

bs000

Love the game but I have to say my biggest problem with it are the cops. I really can't stand how they stay with you regardless of how fast you are going. Example, I can go as fast as I can and when I look at the radar they are staying right with me, right on the edge of their sight range. Then when you take a few hard turns out of their sight they will follow regardless or one will magically appear ahead of you on your path. Luckily they included the trick of turning the car off but that doesn't help all the time.

That being said I really am glad now that they did not include them in multiplayer. Other than that I love the game almost as much as I loved Hot Pursuit.

Isn't it great when you're going 220MPH and they effortlessly pull a few hundred feet ahead of you to drop a spike strip?

I wish there was some type of player controleld cop gametype online :<

NaviLink

Still working for me. What did you do exactly? You have to change to a car you already have mods on and equip the ones you want to copy. Then hit the BACK button and press RT till you get to the "recommends" map. Start a race from there and choose the car you want to copy to and you should be done. Remember that they're not permanent unlocks and won't show up as unlocked, but when you open the customize menu, you should see all the copied mods in the list in the bottom right of the screen.

Thanks for the precisions, I'll give it another go when I have the chance.

edit : oh ok, it's not permanent. Too bad, would have completing the game a lot easier.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Quick question, I don't have the game yet but I think I will stick it on my Amazon wishlist for things the gf can get me for christmas.

Now it has been out for a few weeks, how does it compare to Burnout Paradise, I personally loved Burnout Paradise and played way too many hours of it online just driving around doing crazy stuff, is that still all there?

Quick question, I don't have the game yet but I think I will stick it on my Amazon wishlist for things the gf can get me for christmas.

Now it has been out for a few weeks, how does it compare to Burnout Paradise, I personally loved Burnout Paradise and played way too many hours of it online just driving around doing crazy stuff, is that still all there?

Pretty much. The cars don't handle as arcadey as Paradise, but the general format for the gameplay is still very similar.

bs000

Thanks for the precisions, I'll give it another go when I have the chance.

edit : oh ok, it's not permanent. Too bad, would have completing the game a lot easier.

It really does make completing the game easier. You can have all the mods on a car the first time you use it, which makes doing its 5 events a cakewalk. And the copied mods stay on the car until you change mods from the customize menu. The mods will stay on that car even when you quit the game or switch cars and then switch back. You can also copy from copied cars, so if you're in a car where you're already using copied mods, you can copy those directly to the next car you choose when you start an event from the recommends map.

Multiplayer is all free roam like Paradise. Challenges and races aren't completely separate anymore. They're mixed together in something called Speedlists, which are 5 events done one after another. It's usually something like 1 challenge, 1 speedtest, and 3 races. Challenges and speed tests are pretty similar to challenges in Paradise. You drive to a location on the map and you work together to complete a challenge, or compete to be the highest score in speed tests. You don't have to work together as much as in Paradise to complete challenges. You drive to a meetup for races as well, and once everyone is there, the race just starts from there, without a starting grid, however you want.

In public games everything is automatic with pre-made speedlists and 3 minute intermission between them. You can still start a private game with friends and do whatever the hell you want and make custom speedlists. There's no more ranked/player matches. It's all just public or private now.

VanWinkle

Oh man the impressions (especially on the vita version) are all over the place. Was hoping it would be amazing on vita. Maybe settle for the pc version? No idea anymore if I should get it or not.

Really? The impressions of the Vita version (myself included) have seemed to be overwhelmingly positive.

Important question guys:

I loved NFS Hot Pursuit. That was my first real NFS game and racing game, in fact. My favorite bit was playing as the cop, but actual races were fun too. I played the hell out of it. I'm interested in this game because I'm in need of a new racer. I just want to know if I will enjoy it as much, as I see that it's more of an open world game a la burnout paradise.

I've also noticed that Forza Horizon is getting great reviews and I'm wondering if that should be the racing game to buy this year. Any input? Thanks.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Really? The impressions of the Vita version (myself included) have seemed to be overwhelmingly positive.
Vita one is awesome, I love it. If you came from one of the console ones first I'm sure you'd notice the lack of polygons/detail/effects/shaders etc but this was the first version I've played of the game. Totally addictive, looks great, and really smooth. No complaints here at all.

daviyoung

Banned
Important question guys:

I loved NFS Hot Pursuit. That was my first real NFS game and racing game, in fact. My favorite bit was playing as the cop, but actual races were fun too. I played the hell out of it. I'm interested in this game because I'm in need of a new racer. I just want to know if I will enjoy it as much, as I see that it's more of an open world game a la burnout paradise.

I've also noticed that Forza Horizon is getting great reviews and I'm wondering if that should be the racing game to buy this year. Any input? Thanks.

This game is meant to be played online, singleplayer is fun but limited and you may get 10 hours or so out of it before getting bored. There's a smaller selection of events in singleplayer too. It's very multiplayer orientated.

It looks and plays like an open world Hot Pursuit, same developer so the driving model hasn't changed much.

You can't play as a cop (yet), you can only get chased by them and unlike Hot Pursuit there are no weapons.

It's a very fun game so long as your connection to EA's servers are rock solid, which they aren't on PC, but you seem to be on X360 so should be all right.

Raxus

I am 90% done. I just need to hunt down the remaining collectibles and I will have beaten the single player. I wish there was a map of the security gates online.

Amon37

Loaded up them game last night and It finally actually credited me for beating the
pagani
after winning the race against and taking him down. I was going have a fit if was still glitches.

Krilekk

Banned
Important question guys:

If you loved Hot Pursuit get Forza Horizon. Simple as that.

Lima

I am 90% done. I just need to hunt down the remaining collectibles and I will have beaten the single player. I wish there was a map of the security gates online.

There is a map. http://www.mynfs.net/mostwanted2012/gamemap.php

But there is an even better option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMO24rVYIIw&feature=relmfu

Take a look at the other parts too and you will get them for sure.

Btw is there anyone here that wants to get the takedown and custom speedlist achievement? Just send a me a friend request(gt is in my profile) and we can do this.

NaviLink

It really does make completing the game easier. You can have all the mods on a car the first time you use it, which makes doing its 5 events a cakewalk. And the copied mods stay on the car until you change mods from the customize menu. The mods will stay on that car even when you quit the game or switch cars and then switch back. You can also copy from copied cars, so if you're in a car where you're already using copied mods, you can copy those directly to the next car you choose when you start an event from the recommends map.

I meant completing the game in terms of having all the mods on all the cars. Since the events are shared between cars, you can do all of them with just a few cars by playing the game normally. If you're left with events after "finishing" the game, you can blast through them with one of the fastest, fully-upgraded cars.

If I had known of the glitch before starting the game, it may have saved me a couple of hours. But since it's not permanent, you still have to do all the things required to unlock the pro mods anyway.

They really should have made the basic nitrous a default setting on all cars, would have made the game a lot less flat at the beginning.

Tawpgun

This game has a solid black friday deal.

How is the online? By like 3 weeks in NFS Hot Pursuit it was impossible to find a match.

This game is meant to be played online, singleplayer is fun but limited and you may get 10 hours or so out of it before getting bored. There's a smaller selection of events in singleplayer too. It's very multiplayer orientated.

It looks and plays like an open world Hot Pursuit, same developer so the driving model hasn't changed much.

I still think the single player is a lot of fun. I've put nearly 15 hours into it and I'm not done with it.

This makes absolutely no sense at all. Forza Horizon is going to feel like a country stroll compared to Hot Pursuit. Most Wanted is much more comparable.

Finally tried some MP ( PS3 ) it's quite similar to burnout paradise MP ..this time ...MW single player is very far from what burnout paradise proposed ..but both game have similar online structure ..i'm kinda happy .. during 3 hours i have encountered a single issue ..

now to try on the vita ..

Just picked up both this and Forza. What?

Test Drive Unlimited -> Forza Horizon
Burnout Paradise -> NFS Most Wanted

That's how I see it right now.

I just spent like 10 minutes weaving in and out of a cop chase while just hopping in and out of new cars.

Top Bottom