• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Most Wanted U |OT| Burned out, Upshift

I wish we had confirmation on midnight. I don't want to stay up for no reason even if it is just another hour. I'm pretty tired... but horror stories of Lego City downloads taking 18 hours... hmmn...

DarkWish

I wish we had confirmation on midnight. I don't want to stay up for no reason even if it is just another hour. I'm pretty tired... but horror stories of Lego City downloads taking 18 hours... hmmn...
Every retail title on the 3DS and Wii U eShop has appeared at midnight I believe... at least, the first party ones have. Only other third party retail title I've downloaded is Assassin's Creed III, but that was a launch title so I can't compare.

Every retail title on the 3DS and Wii U eShop has appeared at midnight I believe... at least, the first party ones have. Only other third party retail title I've downloaded is Assassin's Creed III, but that was a launch title so I can't compare.

well I did drink 2 liters of diet coke. so I can probably make it...

EDarkness

Look like my copy has shipped so I'll be playing this by the end of the week.

Not knowing I'll be getting the new cars in the recent DLC is a bummer, though.

DarkWish

Yea I would think it'd be up any minute now... but the fact that the Miiverse community isn't up yet makes me think it'll be a while.

EDIT: I'm going to bed. Who knows when they'll put it up.

kizmah

Just realised that this game isn't even out in EU officially. That explains why I seem to be alone on the servers. My local mediamarkt broke the street date by four days.

Just realised that this game isn't even out in EU officially. That explains why I seem to be alone on the servers. My local mediamarkt broke the street date by four days.
Haha, seriously?

Okay, did you also play the ps3 or 360 version? If so, please tell me if the WiiU version has better anti aliassing.
Does it look cleaner?

kizmah

Weote this on previous page.

I have only played like an hour and a half and haven't even tried any online races. But it's fun and seems to be a great port (probably the best version out of the box). I am loving the use of the gamepad. Instant switching to off-tv play or just changing time of day or your vehicle on the fly really streamlines the experience, and makes you appreciate the shiny graphics even more :) Going from day to night really highlights the amazing lighting in this game.

Runs smoothly and it's really sharp and clean looking overall. I haven't played the other versions so I can't compare but this is a great game on it's own.

Weote this on previous page.

I have only played like an hour and a half and haven't even tried any online races. But it's fun and seems to be a great port (probably the best version out of the box). I am loving the use of the gamepad. Instant switching to off-tv play or just changing time of day or your vehicle on the fly really streamlines the experience, and makes you appreciate the shiny graphics even more :) Going from day to night really highlights the amazing lighting in this game.

Runs smoothly and it's really sharp and clean looking overall. I haven't played the other versions so I can't compare but this is a great game on it's own.
Thanx

only first party games get midnight eshop releases guys like LCU

the normal update hours are Tuesday or Thursday at 9am PST 12pm EST

just woke up cannot wait for this game today!

EDarkness

Strange. With all of the games I own on the Wii/3DS/DS/Wii U only the Nintendo published games came with a Club Nintendo code. Exceptions would be Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge, but I think Nintendo had something to do with that game. Might be the same for Need For Speed as well. Maybe Europe is different.

I'm hating myself for staying up to start the download on this last night. And then getting up and checking at 3 AM.

I wanted at least *one* of the games I download from the eShop this week to be finished downloading and ready to install when I walk in the door from work.

BAH!

I'm hating myself for staying up to start the download on this last night. And then getting up and checking at 3 AM.

I wanted at least *one* of the games I download from the eShop this week to be finished downloading and ready to install when I walk in the door from work.

BAH!
I get to start my download at lunch. Luckily for me this is the one day of the week I can go home for lunch.

Where the hell are the reviews for this? Will grab it later today.

For those complaining about the full price, Wal-Mart in Canada still has both 360/PS3 Limited Edition at $69.83.

Was this posted?
http://gamingtrend.com/game_reviews...lla/discussion/embed/?vanilla_discussion_id=0

It's a pretty positive review. But it has a few controversial quotes.

gamingtrend said:
While not terrible by any means (and it’s impressive that the game runs as smoothly as it does on both the TV and the Gamepad), certain concessions were made to get it to play as well as it does. Namely, textures are far less crisp, and aliasing problems are far more noticeable than its other console counterparts. Most Wanted U clearly has that unmistakable “port” gloss to it – where the graphics don’t look bad, but they clearly don’t look as good as a game that was made specifically for the console. It’s not a bad looking game – and most of these issues are nitpicking, to be sure – but I would be remiss if I didn’t mention that the Wii U version is definitely not the best looking console version on the market.

kizmah

I would say it has some pretty iffy aliasing, more noticable on some cars than others. But definitely standing out. The textures look great and the lighting is awesome. Then again, I haven't played the other versions for myself.

It's just weird that they are ripping on textures when the developers themselves have said that the textures on MWU are those from the PC, in other words better than on the other consoles.

The game does look smoother overall on the gamepad but I guess that comes with lower res. It is running without a fault. A moment ago I tried an online event (found only one opponent), did a couple of races and bailed out. Worked like a charm. I haven't tried the miiverse-thing yet. It's right there in the menu, two klicks away and it instantly went to a message when I chose the option. I didn't write anything though.

will have to reserve judgement til we've played it and those that have double dipped (or df) can compare though its possible the texture comment could be click bait

kizmah

And the lighting and the draw distance... It makes no sense, or there is a real bottleneck in the wiiu...

Like I already mentioned a couple of times, the lighting is superb. Driving around while the sun sets is a marvel. Especially if the streets are wet. Concerning draw distance, I have now played the game for over two hours and not once did I even think about the draw distance for a second. I guess that means it's a non-issue. I haven't seen any pop-up or experienced any noticable frame-rate dips. It's all running very smoothly.

Top Bottom