• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Happy Birthday MarkMan <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Pick-ups from March. It was a much busier month than I anticipated...

Big purchase: Dell Inspiron 15, Fossil Octane messenger bag, and Logitech wireless mouse.
100_0597.jpg

The only two games I purchased March.
100_0616.jpg

And my girlfriend has started me up and yet another hobby...Yikes.
100_0601.jpg

100_0617.jpg

And as for April:

Starting the month off right with a carne asada burrito and Mexican Coke.
100_0591.jpg

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Fraull said:
I had that bag to use for my macbook pro and some books, but it was too tight. Are you using it just to carry your new laptop?
No. Today I had a notebook, mouse, mail, paint, novel (Dune), digital voice recorder, phone, and camera in there. Had room too. Wasn't a tight fit at all.

Loxley

*Officially Licensed* Colt M1911A1 Full-Metal Airsoft Replica

I'm new to the Airsoft scene, and I wanted to start off with something high-quality and avoid becoming a "Clearsofter" like many newbies apparently do. I'm glad I sprung the extra cash to get the officially licensed version, this thing's quality is outstanding.

I'll admit I was surprised at first at just how heavy it is (bare in mind I've never held a full-metal airsoft replica before, much less a real gun) but I like it, she's got some heft to her :D

Anyway, these are a few titles I've been procrastinating on adding to my backlog library. Three of them are courtesy of Amazon's "3 for 2" deal two weeks ago with 360 Platinum titles. Wolfenstein came just a few days later ($15 new on Amazon). Man, I love
and hate
Amazon for this :lol

My entire March:

2irrny8.jpg

Pikmin Wii, Klonoa, Yakuza 3, Pokemon SoulSilver, Just Cause 2 PC, 360 wired controller for the PC, new ATI video card, White Sox tickets, a couple PE'Z cd's, and my first stick (unless you count this thing :lol)!

Netto-kun

From last month:

IMG_0009.png
IMG_0008.png
IMG_0007.png

And a bunch of iPod games.

R.I.P., Cing. ;_;
SSL22085.jpg

First purchases when I got back to Japan. New and <1000 yen each.
SSL22087.jpg

Bakuman & Nodame Cantabile.
SSL22088.jpg

Hori PS3 Fighting Pad, Valkyria Chronicles OSTs, Valkyria Chronicles 2 guide book.
SSL22089.jpg

Another DS game case and Power Stone Collection.:D
SSL22090.jpg

burgerdog said:
First pick up of the month.
51ebuc.jpg
I'm probably too late but take the tape off of this very carefully as the cover will peel off with it. Better yet cut the tape and just leave it on.

GitarooMan said:
I'm probably too late but take the tape off of this very carefully as the cover will peel off with it. Better yet cut the tape and just leave it on.

Leave it. Best advice for the sake of the slipcover.

Zomba13

DSC00349.jpg

All these came this morning.
Blazblue LE (the art book is hawt)
AC2 was £15.96 or something, lower than the price I was waiting for (£19.99)
and Azarrii, written by one of my best friends and his first book so I had to support him. It's not half bad either. Only read the first two chapters though.

Jive Turkey said:
Pick-ups from March. It was a much busier month than I anticipated...

And as for April:

Starting the month off right with a carne asada burrito and Mexican Coke.
100_0591.jpg

Ok, as someone that may clearly be ignorant to Mexican quisine, what is Carne Asada? I have heard that it is a cut of beef but people down here like to claim it as the worse cut of beef humanly possible. So any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
Str0ngStyle said:
Ok, as someone that may clearly be ignorant to Mexican quisine, what is Carne Asada? I have heard that it is a cut of beef but people down here like to claim it as the worse cut of beef humanly possible. So any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carne_asada

You've heard wrong. It is basically a gift dropped down from heaven. The meat itself is no Filet Mignon, but the way it is seasoned is so damn tasty lol

Still reeling from a crazy March, oh well

Custom printed netbook case:

9st9fs.jpg

DSi XL, the screen is HUGE compared to my lite and I love it. Makes the lite look like a toy.

119arde.jpg

You know what I wanna see? iPAD pics this Saturday, do it!!!

Netto-kun said:
Hori PS3 Fighting Pad, Valkyria Chronicles OSTs, Valkyria Chronicles 2 guide book.

How's the PS3 Fighting Pad? Would it be good for Super Street Fighter 4 coming out soon? I've been debating either getting this or a MadCatz FightPad since I pretty much suck with an arcade joystick.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Str0ngStyle said:
It's pretty much what Datwheezy said. Usually skirt steak marinated and grilled to perfection then sliced thin. Skirt steak is a pretty cheap cut so what you've heard is kind of true but still give it a shot before you write it off.

sadromeo

Mattlikewhoa said:
Well I'm getting married this month! We are flying out to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. I had to buy some shades so...

Oh and I can't forget these...

Congrats Mattlikewhoa!

Amir0x said:
StuffIsHere.jpg

A new PC yay!
I have the same case and power supply.

The case is a BEAST. However, the dust filters get dirty quickly and they are a pain in the ass to get out. You have to take off the bay door and unscrew the actual drive cages to pull them out.

Still a step above the previous cases that didn't have dust filters (have a 900 for the wife's PC) but just wanted you to know. I wish somebody would have told me. lol

grap3fruitman said:
Not pictured: the antibiotics I got to fight off this flu I got in time for my birthday last Sunday.

you take antibiotics against flu?
you know they do shit as flu is caused by a virus and not bacteria

I remember blasting Paradigm Shift on the downstairs speakers to wake my drunken friend up one morning after a night of partying.

I was just hoping he wouldn't piss himself.

.hacked

Flek said:
duuude you bought 2 ea games for 30 $$ !??!?

also > you are missing ibooks :D

I hope the EA games are good, keeping my fingers crossed.

iBooks wasn't up last night, yoink, got it now.

Loxley

The Bookerman said:
How the fuck does the police see the difference between this Replica and a full blown pistol with real ammo?

The gun comes with a blazing-orange tip that screws into the end of the barrel (a legal requirement for all Airsoft guns in the States, so that the police don't mistake it for a real gun). I opted not to attach it for the photos just to show how close Colt managed to make the replica resemble the real thing. But it's on the picture of the gun on the box, if you're curious what it really looks like.

Many people remove the tips during actual Airsoft matches (which are normally held on private property or public spaces meant for Airsoft or Paintball), but leave them on when in transit with them for situations like the one you mentioned. Some people just remove them permanently. You're not exactly supposed to do that (remove them at any point, that is), but many people do anyway.

There's no penalty for owning a realistic looking Airsoft weapon, so long as you're not a moron and obey the laws and use basic common sense, there's no reason for the police to really even care.

Picked up the PSP, FF, and HR last month just never shared.

photo2-5.jpg

Had FF 7 on my PS3 forever but never played it until now, so good

photo3-3.jpg

Did Amazon's Bioshock and Bioshock 2 for $50 total, already beat Bioshock 1 a while ago and traded it, good to have it back, great deal! Haven't tried Bioshock 2 yet, GOW 3 is eating my time.

photo-3.jpg

Loxley said:
*Officially Licensed* Colt M1911A1 Full-Metal Airsoft Replica

I'm new to the Airsoft scene, and I wanted to start off with something high-quality and avoid becoming a "Clearsofter" like many newbies apparently do. I'm glad I sprung the extra cash to get the officially licensed version, this thing's quality is outstanding.

I'll admit I was surprised at first at just how heavy it is (bare in mind I've never held a full-metal airsoft replica before, much less a real gun) but I like it, she's got some heft to her :D
Can I get a link to where you bought that? If you bought it online that is.

221dgz.jpg
2vccm7t.jpg

54y4o3.jpg
242vgr9.jpg

Embossed letters are delicious. The balloons on the Up cover are embossed too. Cardboard sleeves are occasionally good for something I guess. Fucking....booo on the Metro cardboard though. Poor show. I am disappointed. But you get four art cards. I have never managed to figure out what they expect you to do with those things though. I typically look at them, go "Huh." and put them back in the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom