• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Happy Birthday MarkMan <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockmang15

Neo Member
.hacked said:
5nu3op.jpg

ready for Sat :D

Same here! Though not quite as long a list! haha!

My Pick-Up late March-April
27ydhg6.jpg

Slam Dunk 1 and 2 Kanzeban Edition
The manga is awesome (the normal edition is complete here in Spain, and one friend recomend me Slam Dunk saying it was really good, just read the 1st volume and its excellent), but the edition is just godly, the quality of the paper, the pages in color, the bigger drawings...
2l8xbut.jpg

5b77nl.jpg

i3drb7.jpg

Haruhi mangas volumes 2 and 3, and Keroro 19
6fp2r9.jpg

Red Steel 2 and Endless Ocean 2, Up and Speed Racer on bluray.
My frist two blurays! The real thing is that I bought Up as it has also DVD and Digital Copy (I dont have a Bluray yet but Im done of buying DVD, so having it all in one pack is an excellent idea, so thanks Disney), and when I went to buy it the girl said I could get another Bluray of less price totally free!
2uhpq4m.jpg

JDS 1977

Banned
From the Bioware Store

ofbuww.jpg

I'm a little let down for the price of $24 that it's kind of a cheap made in China product.
It smelled awful even after washing it. A few days later that cheap dye/fabric? smell finally came out. Also the inside top part can be kinda irritating on your head sine it's not soft fabric.

It looks cool anyways on the plus side!

Pietepiet

DSC00391.jpg

Some pig shaped speakers for my iPhone + Game Boy LSDJ action.

Also, the black Game Boy is the result of a boring friday afternoon with some spray paint and an original gray Game Boy.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Danoss said:
Thanks to the excellent info from the OT thread, I have taken my first step into the world of single malt scotch whisky.

NII11.jpg

Atta boy.. I'll be picking up one of the same tonight.

Pietepiet said:

Also, the black Game Boy is the result of a boring friday afternoon with some spray paint and an original gray Game Boy.
jealous I've trying to locate LSDJ for awhile.

burgerdog

GitarooMan said:
I'm probably too late but take the tape off of this very carefully as the cover will peel off with it. Better yet cut the tape and just leave it on.

I ended up using a knife to cut between the slipcover and the case after I realized that peeling would probably damage the slipcover. That was before I had read your post, but still appreciated!

dorkimoe

Auron_Kale said:
Happy birthday Mark!

March was fairly quiet for me too, but I just started April off right by ordering a netbook (and a stick of RAM) off Amazon, which'll be arriving on Friday. :D

Favorite personal pick-up of March is:
IMG_1685.jpg

But probably my favorite pick-up of March was the gift my friend sent me.

where can you order the star wars shoes? Shopadidas only has like one pair.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Pietepiet said:
DSC00391.jpg

Those pig speakers are a pretty amazing piece of kitsch. Where might one acquire such a specimen?

dorkimoe said:
where can you order the star wars shoes? Shopadidas only has like one pair.

Alas, I got mine at the Adidas store in San Francisco. Depending on your size, these are fairly hard to come by without having to look around online and getting shafted by someone's markup (as these are regularly $100). You might try your luck with shoebizsf.com but if not, ebay might be your only shot.

As for the first of my April pick-ups, here they are:

Asus EeePC 1005PE
IMG_1699.jpg

2GB of Ram for it...
IMG_1705.jpg

Two new cases for my iphone (just felt like getting them, as they're cheap)
IMG_1700.jpg

New FMA Figure in RED
IMG_1698.jpg

G-Fex

Not gaming related but awesome. An early birthday gift for myself.

24938_113766928640430_1000002136908.jpg

To go along with my new poster.

24938_113765221973934_1000002136908.jpg

Yup I'm a huge Beatles kick again.

Pietepiet

Shig said:
Those pig speakers are a pretty amazing piece of kitsch. Where might one acquire such a specimen?

I bought them at the local MediaMarkt store. They're from Amethyst. Googling "Amethyst Pig Speakers" brings up some results, so I suggest just googling for it or checking local electronics shops :)

suzu

SpacePirate Ridley said:

The manga is awesome (the normal edition is complete here in Spain, and one friend recomend me Slam Dunk saying it was really good, just read the 1st volume and its excellent), but the edition is just godly, the quality of the paper, the pages in color, the bigger drawings...

That looks really nice. I want those so bad! SD is one of my favorite manga series. The regular editions (in english) aren't even completed here yet. :(

C.T.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
27ydhg6.jpg

Congratulation. Slamdunk is awesome. Check out Vagabond too.

D-Pad

Got my dad's old Dell monitor (15" 4:3), which I currently have hooked up to my laptop (17" 16:9). This is so freaking cool! So far I've been using it to preview my drawings in GIMP while I work zoomed in on my main screen. What else can I do with this??!

No picture so I took one of another recent purchase:

4ptdef.jpg

Got these because my grocer doesn't carry Sweetart gummies for some reason (I have to drive down to K-Mart) and the easter Sweetart gummies aren't as good as the Valentine and Christmas ones were. These LifeSavers are really good. And yes, the strings are sweet, and the rings are sour. Not Warhead sour, unfortunately -- I'd place them up there with Sourpatch Kids-sour.

GunFalcon

stepped into the shoe game this month and hoping to get a nice collection going !
DSC02452.jpg

space jam jordans
spizike
gucci belt
alife tee
billionaire boys club x blueprint 3 tee

mehdi_san

No iPad yet? Good, cos when they will start appearing here I think I'm gonna be really jealous !!!
Anyway, my first pick-up of the month:

I just found the 2 Game & Watch Collections in a used games store, for pretty cheap. They are only available through the Japanese Club Nintendo, and each of them cost a lot of points, so I was very exciting of finding them :D
2j5hr8l.jpg

A few used games that I got in the same store. There's Burabura Donkey (King of swing), Mario Tennis Advance, and Super Mario Brothers 2 famicom mini (the very hard one that was never released outside Japan).
3505c43.jpg

Mother 3 and MGS3 guidebooks that I found for 300yen !!! :D :D And also a new manga from Jiro Taniguchi, one of my favorite manga artist :D
2jf0xnm.jpg

And last but not least, proof that there is a god, 2 tickets for Lady Gaga's show in Yokohama. All the tickets were sold-out weeks ago, and I completely lost hope about it (I saw tickets selling at sometimes 50,000yen in Yahoo Auctions !!!), and then I learned yesterday that they are gonna sell a new batch of tickets for standing seats starting today at 10am!! I couldn't miss this chance :D
2yukco8.jpg

mehdi_san said:
I just found the 2 Game & Watch Collections in a used games store, for pretty cheap. They are only available through the Japanese Club Nintendo, and each of them cost a lot of points, so I was very exciting of finding them :D
2j5hr8l.jpg

I just checked the US store to double check and they are still there as well.

Doesn't really help if you aren't in the US though. :lol

Hausmeister

Neo Member
some RPG / strategy goodness:

ffvc.jpg

normally I don't play these type of games, but Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story and Advance Wars on DS got me hooked, so I wanted something similar in HD :D note: my first Final Fantasy ever...

eXistor said:
Also Cave Story for WiiWare.
http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af99/eXistor_2009/DSC00567.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Definitely be looking for impressions on again! Game came out of no where, loved Hotel Dusk so much.

Amir0x

Banned
RoninChaos said:
I have the same case and power supply.

The case is a BEAST. However, the dust filters get dirty quickly and they are a pain in the ass to get out. You have to take off the bay door and unscrew the actual drive cages to pull them out.

Still a step above the previous cases that didn't have dust filters (have a 900 for the wife's PC) but just wanted you to know. I wish somebody would have told me. lol

I just wish the power supply was modular. Very messy to clean up.

PCOnFinallyWOOO2.jpg

^^ All put together

PCOnFinallyWOOO.jpg

^^ ooo ahh

Video of how loud the case is.

My issue is really the noise. It's so loud. I should invest in more quiet cooling.

Amir0x said:
I just wish the power supply was modular. Very messy to clean up.

PCOnFinallyWOOO2.jpg

^^ All put together

PCOnFinallyWOOO.jpg

^^ ooo ahh

Video of how loud the case is.

My issue is really the noise. It's so loud. I should invest in more quiet cooling.

I got the modular supply. Guess we don't have the same one. Does your's have two rails for SLI?

The case is loud but you can independently control the fan speed on the front with the little knobs, and on the back each of the fans has a switch for speed. I keep mine on high because I have a LOT of stuff in there to keep cool but the noise doesn't bother me. Hell, my old PC sounded like a friggin' lawn mower compared to this thing. I'll take a pic tonight and post it up. I actually gotta take mine apart today and clean it out.

eg5xl0.jpg

DSiXL Bronze, I really like it especially with my aging eyes. Yeah for my local FM store for having this at $40.00 off. (They are having grand-reopening promotion)

2o1o8.jpg

The best part about new portable gadget is buying all the accessories. Again at 25% off at my local FM store.

15eiwkp.jpg

Pokemon Silver & Gold, I want Silver but my daughter want the Silver also, therefore I am stuck with the legendary gold turkey. Oh well one of them is 50% off courtesy of BB.

2lke45w.jpg

RPGs that I will probably never finish but 50% off, plus bargain bin pricing is hard to pass up. I really enjoy Valkyrie Profile to my surprise.

nqcz0m.jpg

Shin Megami SJ, like it so far also part of 50%off. I can't find Infinite Space at my local BB.

fu6mpv.jpg

From Play-Asia, UMD version of EoJ: Legend. One day GAF p/u thread will be full of picture of people screen because of digital download. So this picture is to preserve the good old days...

vyw8ra.jpg

Also from my local FM store, shiny red Dualshock 3 to replace my rumble-less Sixaxis with dying battery. I don't understand why people think non-replaceable battery is a good idea. Also pick up Real Trigger to go with it.

IMACOMPUTA

Alienware m11x
phpkctsrmpmnoy1.jpg

here it is next to my 15" compaq laptop
phptguh4vpm1swi.jpg

phpbgcemlpm1sbi.jpg

phppgzx88pmyqj7.jpg

and last but not least.. This guy was sleeping in the living room at my cousins apartment when we woke up from a night of MAJOR drinking. No idea who he is.. Hahaha
phphsapubpmtopr.jpg

GunFalcon said:
stepped into the shoe game this month and hoping to get a nice collection going !
DSC02452.jpg

space jam jordans
spizike
gucci belt
alife tee
billionaire boys club x blueprint 3 tee

I need a pair of Space Jam J's soooooo bad...Nice spike J's my man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom