• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Happy Birthday MarkMan <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flek

Banned
MidnightScott said:
I doubt people want to drop $600 on a giant iPhone without the phone. :s

29xtawl.gif

WEGGLES

Auron_Kale said:
Alas, I got mine at the Adidas store in San Francisco. Depending on your size, these are fairly hard to come by without having to look around online and getting shafted by someone's markup (as these are regularly $100). You might try your luck with shoebizsf.com but if not, ebay might be your only shot.

As for the first of my April pick-ups, here they are:

Asus EeePC 1005PE
IMG_1699.jpg
What's the differences between the 1005HA and the 1005PE? I'm assuming the PE is a newer model.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'll get an ipad when it's 4g, works out the kinks like headphones jack being at the top of the unit, and most importantly, supports flash since 90% of all major sites do. I don't need to spend the early adopter's price when I'll mostly just use it for minor music listening and web browser while not at home. I love the potential it has though.

Weenerz

Banned
rockmang15 said:
well well, what have we here!!!!

Glad I had it delivered to work!!

4487707214_7fd407a642.jpg

4487708696_c4e6ef4a4a.jpg

4487710142_ae887d7924_b.jpg

4487060689_f1e9e9d7e0_b.jpg

More to come!!! (from others too I'm sure!!)

Damn it looks sexy as hell, must.....stop.....reading....about.....iPad, or I will go broke :lol

Whoops, sorry for the double post, brain fart.

Risible

MidnightScott said:
How is it criticizing? More like making fun of LOL. It's gonna suck when they drop the price later on and burn all the early adopters though.

Don't play semantics. You're criticizing his choice to purchase it. It clearly states not to do that. What's so hard to understand?

I have an iPad sitting at my UPS box. I got done with family stuff too late and by the time I got to the UPS Store it was closed. Now I have to wait until Monday, knowing full well that sweet, sweet iPad is sitting there just waiting for me to fondle it :(.

Oh, and one of the big reasons I got it is for portable comic reading. I suspect Weenerz will be doing the same. Can't wait! ComicZeal + iPad = heaven.

ymmv

Banned
Because I forgot about the March pickup thread, I'm now posting not only the stuff I got in March but February as well.

b9dff6.jpg

259xru0.jpg

iyj1bm.jpg

246ltvc.jpg

95wtuv.jpg

rh3mt0.jpg

I got Guitar Hero Metallica as well.

Lunchbox

Banned
MidnightScott said:
I doubt people want to drop $600 on a giant iPhone without the phone. :s

this man speaks the truth

:lol @ ipad owners getting sand in the bum bum and screaming at him

very slow start to the month....but pretty much all good pickups so far..

the iPad is for the wife to replace her older macbook...she is excited...I was excited to buy it!

go go go early adopter...
ciaE6.jpg

RetroEd

I picked up the Fallout 3 GOTY edition in Gamestation today, new for £27.98 using the last of my trade credit. I always intended to return to the wastelands, so thought I may as well get it now.

279zo.jpg

My HORI pouch arrived today, and very nice it is. I'll be applying the screen protectors soon.

2r5xb87.jpg

hrjuv5.jpg

Litflynt912 said:
very slow start to the month....but pretty much all good pickups so far..

the iPad is for the wife to replace her older macbook...she is excited...I was excited to buy it!

go go go early adopter...
ciaE6.jpg
impression of the pad?
LovingSteam said:
Then you would be wrong. Especially considering Apple expects to sell more iPads in the first year than it did iPhones.
not expect but going to 700 thousand preorders

WEGGLES

LovingSteam said:
Then you would be wrong. Especially considering Apple expects to sell more iPads in the first year than it did iPhones.
And I'm expecting 3somes every day for the rest of the year... :lol

practice02 said:
impression of the pad?

not expect but going to 700 thousand preorders

honestly, I'm a network admin but a former apple employee.....no camera, no back door file system...no dice....

for my wife (who it's for) watching her light up flipping pages using iBooks and and watching NBC on HTML5....worth $541.....well worth it...she told me I can sell her macbook (which is now on eBay)

folks, these are going to give the money printing power of the DS a run for it's money....

simple, intuitive, and a "cheap" mac (perception of it)
Apple knew what they were releasing...
I think once this get third party app multitasking in OS4 in June, we will have a winner, once Rev 2 gets a camera and iChat...you can put a fork in it...

it's easy to use, Superior GUI hands down...
if you travel, want to have a dedicated media player and surf the web...GET THIS

if you like using regular programs...wait....
I d/l pages for her and she love its...but no one is going to type on this longer than a 5 min email

Litflynt912 said:
honestly, I'm a network admin but a former apple employee.....no camera, no back door file system...no dice....

for my wife (who it's for) watching her light up flipping pages using iBooks and and watching NBC on HTML5....worth $541.....well worth it...she told me I can sell her macbook (which is now on eBay)

folks, these are going to give the money printing power of the DS a run for it's money....

I think once this get third party app multitasking in OS4 in June, we will have a winner, once Rev 2 gets a camera and iChat...you can put a fork in it...

if you travel, want to have a dedicated media player and surf the web...GET THIS

I d/l pages for her and she love its...but no one is going to type on this longer than a 5 min email
ill be waiting for the ipad max coming out next year i guess

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Litflynt912 said:

Awesome. Thanks for posting this.

Liquidus said:
Awesome. Thanks for posting this.

no doubt...if anyone wants to know any more/details...I am sure others will post..but I have no problems answering questions/posting pics (in the iPad thread):D

milkham

BulletSmoke said:
Still reeling from a crazy March, oh well

Custom printed netbook case:

9st9fs.jpg

You know what I wanna see? iPAD pics this Saturday, do it!!!

where'd you order that custom printed netbook case?

TheHakku

serihy.jpg

ejbgpi.jpg

Couldn't keep a steady hand while taking a photo, as usual. But... yep. Good luck getting hands on one of these. Also got the usual stuff, like GoW3, etc. Not as noteworthy, I guess.

TheHakku said:
serihy.jpg

ejbgpi.jpg

Couldn't keep a steady hand while taking a photo, as usual. But... yep. Good luck getting hands on one of these. Also got the usual stuff, like GoW3, etc. Not as noteworthy, I guess.

I have to say the music of that program was incredible.
Love the music of the first part of the game.

NO!R

Banned
Tah-daaaaa- *looks over at dankir's post* -aaa *cough!* ... Damn. Ahem. Well...

5.1 Logitech Set is hung on the walls... you can see the right speaker.
zv1nrr.jpg

and...
2hwi6md.jpg

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
rockmang15 said:

MAN, that screen is sexy. I gotta resist this thing, I know I don't need it... but I want it.

Can we not get into the whole iPad debate? It's so fucking stupid. We all know how limited it is, you're not going to come up with a fresh argument against it.

seady

I will wait for Gen 2 iPad to buy one. I think it needs to have more feature to distinguish itself from the iPhone/iTouch before I drop money on it. So far it has less feature than those (no camera, no calling etc).

IMACOMPUTA

NO!R said:
Tah-daaaaa- *looks over at dankir's post* -aaa *cough!* ... Damn. Ahem. Well...

5.1 Logitech Set is hung on the walls... you can see the right speaker.
zv1nrr.jpg

and...
2hwi6md.jpg

OO, how are the metal gear books?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom