• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netto-kun

Some weird bug caused my copy of Henry Hatsworth to freeze, right after I beated the boss in the Puzzle Realm. \(- -*)\

SSL21452.jpg

SSL21453.jpg

SSL21454.jpg

10ef0vs.jpg

Suzumiya novel 1
Advent Children Complete =D
Robin Hood Series 1 - Blu-Ray version.

Loving Robin Hood now, been watching series 3 on the iPlayer. And it's all set barely 30 miles from where I live :p Thats just cooool.

nny

DSC04357.jpg

I dropped some euros in the past days on PSN:

DSC04358.jpg
DSC04359.jpg

DSC04360.jpg
DSC04361.jpg

...and Valkyria Chronicles DLC; haven't beaten the game yet, but giving my support right away:

DSC04362.jpg

Synless

2060xt4.jpg

Not pictured is FFVII: ACC. I wasn't a huge fan of BoF: DQ when I was younger but I found it for $7 and flawless so I picked it up and will give it one more try because I am a huge fan of the series.

Newest pickups. Jeans were on sale. Now I know what it feels like to be that guy that's always posting expensive ass clothes for sale; $300 t-shirts and shit.
289h9pl.jpg

Valkyr Junkie said:
Newest pickups. Jeans were on sale. Now I know what it feels like to be that guy that's always posting expensive ass clothes for sale; $300 t-shirts and shit.
289h9pl.jpg

not hating on your purchase, but bragging about buying designer clothes that are on sale is just......... :lol

Gagaman

Ken Masters said:
not hating on your purchase, but bragging about buying designer clothes that are on sale is just......... :lol
Yeah, why can't he be a designer clothes tool? How dare he saves money! :lol

Ken Masters said:

At least I didn't buy em on eBay!!!!!!

Each pair still cost about as much as all the other jeans I own, and together they're more than apparently most GAFers are willing to pay for a PS3:lol

edit: Also, I've wanted a pair of Diesels since Driver 2 :lol

Yes Boss!

Auron_Kale said:
I have the exact same case and absolutely love it. Hope you like it as much as I do.

So far I'm digging the case. Nice thin profile (much more so than my hardcase for PSP). And room for at least eight games.

Also, Sapphire running on my PSP, so awesome!

P1000836.jpg

stonedwal

Did a shitload of eBay purchasing this month. Decided to leave posting this til the end of month. Full lot of pics with commentary at my blog. Just going to post the highlights here.

Game%20Boy%20Advance%20Games.jpg

NES%20Toploader.jpg

MGS4%20Limited%20Edition.jpg

Saturn%20Games.jpg

Keeping a clamp on my wallet for a couple of weeks, spent way too much, and I'm too busy to use any of it, but I gotta admit it was therapeutic.

Yes Boss!

_dementia said:
neat how the battery indicator stays there

I could never really enjoy shmups on mine. PSP-1000 ghosting ftl.

Yeah, first time I've seen the battery indicator over-layed on a game. I'll try it with the TV out to my TV but it sucks that you still have to use the PSP as a controller...wish I could use a controller or stick. That said, being able to finally play the game is fuck-awesome.

Struct09

Captain N said:
Awesome! How does it feel to play without the Bongos?

It's not too bad, actually less of a waggle-fest than I was expecting. Using the analog stick to move rather than the bongos makes the game lose some of its original charm, but otherwise it's still a fun platformer.

JEKKI

omg... so this month we had Panzer Dragoon Saga already posted...

and now Guardian Heroes?!?!?!

AND Sapphire?!?!?!

dang yallz killin it!!!

Ken Masters said:

American style bragging: "Yeah man, look at this baby. It cost me a cool $500 bucks"
British style bragging: "Yeah man, look at this. It's well good, and it only cost me £50. Bargain!"

Seems to me, saving money is more of a brag right than spending it, but I'm from the UK and that's just a little something I've observed :p

Ledsen

But Diesel jeans aren't normally that expensive, are they? At least here I'm pretty sure they cost about $150 like any normal pair.

Stalfos

Ledsen said:
But Diesel jeans aren't normally that expensive, are they? At least here I'm pretty sure they cost about $150 like any normal pair.
Well to me that seems really expensive. I don't see any reason to spend more than a third of that on a pair jeans.

Ledsen said:

$150 for a PAIR OF JEANS doesn't seem expensive to you?
Can I have your job?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Stalfos said:
Well to me that seems really expensive. I don't see any reason to spend more than a third of that on a pair jeans.

Can we move on from the jeans? It is not a big deal in a thread full of people spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on other shit that won't see near as much use as a good pair of jeans will.

Ledsen

Outcast2004 said:
Can I have your job?

Well I'm a student so I don't actually have a job. But $150 isn't that expensive, no. Like Kintaro pointed out you use a pair of jeans for such a long period of time that the price doesn't really matter as long as they have a nice fit and look good.

Ledsen said:
Well I'm a student so I don't actually have a job. But $150 isn't that expensive, no. Like Kintaro pointed out you use a pair of jeans for such a long period of time that the price doesn't really matter as long as they have a nice fit and look good.
Haha, what? Where did you grow up?

Outcast2004 said:
Can I have your job?

Dude, look what thread you are in. You are going to get on a guy for spending $150 on a pair of jeans after some of the shit people blow their money on? There is a person here who buys EVERY SINGLE copy of every resident evil game. ALL OF THEM.

Ledsen said:

As a student, $150 should seem like it's even MORE expensive. I guess when it's not YOUR money, it's not a factor though. Ahem...

Dunno, I have just plain jeans...nothing fancy(maybe cost $30 at MOST)... that have survived and still fit great after 5 or 6 years. The only thing that's changed is my waist has gotten smaller.

Anyway, enough of that...back to bragging.... sorry for the derail.

_dementia said:
everyone runs a train on me in this game online
I'm sooo bad.

I have yet to play online, as I've mostly stuck to single-player, but I'll bet that I'm probably no better at this game. :lol

It's still awesome though.

i picked up a wacom bamboo tablet on amazon for $65. It's pretty neat. Nothing fancy of course, but it gets the job done. It's not like I'm much of an artist anyway. i just like to doodle.

JodyAnthony said:
i picked up a wacom bamboo tablet on amazon for $65. It's pretty neat. Nothing fancy of course, but it gets the job done. It's not like I'm much of an artist anyway. i just like to doodle.
Any pics?
I'm interested and $65 is a nice price but I'm afraid it's going to be too small

_dementia said:
Any pics?
I'm interested and $65 is a nice price but I'm afraid it's going to be too small

I'll get some tomorrow (at work right now, then going out)

however it is really neat. I was afraid of the small size, but really, it's perfect for just drawing.

Ledsen

Outcast2004 said:
As a student, $150 should seem like it's even MORE expensive. I guess when it's not YOUR money, it's not a factor though. Ahem...

Dunno, I have just plain jeans...nothing fancy(maybe cost $30 at MOST)... that have survived and still fit great after 5 or 6 years. The only thing that's changed is my waist has gotten smaller.

Anyway, enough of that...back to bragging.... sorry for the derail.

I get my money through student loans, and I work to get extra (okay, so I do have a job) so ahem... right back at you. In Sweden at least, $150 is NOT a lot for a pair of jeans. Like I said, you use them for a long period of time. Compare the cost per hour of your jeans compared to your video games. You'll be surprised.

Fistwell said:
zidane mogwai wat

that zidane thing was a film. where during one game with many cameras followed zidane a soccer/football (depending where you are) player. what nny picked up was the soundtrack to the film done by wogwai. you can watch the trailer here

nny

Fistwell said:
zidane mogwai wat

That's a vinyl with two Mogwai tracks from the soundtrack they wrote for the documentary/art film/whatever "Zidane: a 21st Century Portrait" which, by the way, caught me entirely by surprise when I first saw it and became one of my favorite films ever.

oh, goldenticket got it right )

goldenticket said:
that zidane thing was a film. where during one game with many cameras followed zidane a soccer/football (depending where you are) player. what nny picked up was the soundtrack to the film done by wogwai. you can watch the trailer here
nny said:
That's a vinyl with two Mogwai tracks from the soundtrack they wrote for the documentary/art film/whatever "Zidane: a 21st Century Portrait" which, by the way, caught me entirely by surprise when I first saw it and became one of my favorite films ever.
Cool, thanks for the details. That movie vaguely rings a bell, but i haven't seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom