• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuYuri

DSC06986.jpg

Stuff on bottom right is extended battery plus bigger cover for my PSP 2000. Went a much cheaper route than buying the out of print Extended Battery Kit.

Operation Darkness was $10 from Best Buy sale.

DSC06987.jpg

New PS2, PS3, and Xbox cases to replace shitty sticker filled or messed up cases from Gamestop or other used game source.

Got two of these, the other one's hooked up to the PS3.
IMG_2975.jpg

And you know what I picked up? These awesome as fuck tshirts. At Target of all places to boot!
IMG_2981s.jpg

And this navy hoodie was a late birthday present from my cousin. =)
IMG_2979.jpg

Tenbatsu

memecomplex said:
Thanks Tenbatsu. Looking to get one meself... you getting the Elintseeker?
Dont think so, as they are quite pricey lol. Actually this is only my first 1/60 scale. They are so much better than 1/48 ones. Hand kinda itchy to get VF-1J thou:lol

zmet said:
Yamato 1/60 VF-1D and Max TV VF-1A
ap12.jpg

ap13.jpg

ap14.jpg
Nice! Wow at Max plane.

I let a friend borrow Depeche Mode's Songs of the Universe and Pet Shop Boys' Yes, so those aren't pictured.

items1.jpg

items2.jpg

Also, the iPhone games I bought during the month (first month with an iPhone):

2m3h9qq.jpg

111nyug.jpg

Proc

First game pickup after my last exam :)

Was able to grab MLB 09 and Motorstorm: PR for 10% off, oh and Motorstorm was already on sale for $39 :) (thanks to canadian cag thread). I definitely advise anyone who hasn't played the show demo to do so, I'm not even much of a baseball fan but I can't stop playing, so I figured I'd splurge and buy it at full price (well almost full price).

2uo6iza.jpg

edit: also on a side note to other Canadians, I grabbed the show at $59 and it also seemed like the majority of other games have returned to $59 at futureshop.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Proc said:
First game pickup after my last exam :)

Was able to grab MLB 09 and Motorstorm: PR for 10% off, oh and Motorstorm was already on sale for $39 :) (thanks to canadian cag thread). I definitely advise anyone who hasn't played the show demo to do so, I'm not even much of a baseball fan but I can't stop playing, so I figured I'd splurge and buy it at full price (well almost full price).

edit: also on a side note to other Canadians, I grabbed the show at $59 and it also seemed like the majority of other games have returned to $59 at futureshop.

Good move on Motorstorm PR, that game is so awesome. Be sure to play it in cockpit mode though, it's much more fun that way. I've been super addicted to that game lately. In fact, I'm going to go play it now! :D

Edit:
Yes Boss! said:
Good classic music there. I've actually been craving Siamese Dream lately...gotta get a copy.

Oh man, you just made me feel really old. To hear Siamese Dream called a classic is great (because it is) and sad (because I was a sophomore in high school when it came out). :lol

Here is my first one of these.

new point and shoot since mine got stolen last fall. Was hoping to use it in Mexico in 2 weeks..but that seems unlikely now. :(

3482241318_bc9591d206.jpg

Had to change the saddle on my road bike as the old one was making me numb :p

3481428289_0c1de593d8.jpg

My old school Toshiba Laptop finally gave up the ghost so I got a Macbook to replace it.

3481423591_7ecbe2c924.jpg

Of course you need some more juice in the laptop 2x2gb sodimms, and a 320gb 7200rpm drive.

3481427467_996dc843bb.jpg

Although I got this for free it's new to me. My buddy moved to California for a few years so I got his Blackberry Perl.

3482240426_9290ebc0fb.jpg

Unfortunately no games this month as I spent a ton on Xbox360 releases last month and need to finish those up first :)

MarkMan said:
3481331931_6bccdbf842.jpg

It was a good birthday....

Obviously the hot wings made it good.

Economic Crisis? What economic crisis?

MarkMan EATS ECONOMY FOR BREAKFAST

I need to post all my new PC games since I got my laptop. PC games be cheap.

JEKKI

freakin haters maaaan... I bought a game aiite?!?!

2m6qzqh.jpg

30i88yt.jpg

japanese magazines are so cool! u always get free shyt in them... now I got a trendy fanny pack I can keep all my shyt in while I break dance!!

28740zr.jpg

2dklhki.jpg

canadians on the other hand are not cool!!! wtf that is the biggest medium I've seen in my life!! dang are all ppl in canadia hella huge or something? lol.

it's like buying a size large shirt from korea... then having to give it to your girl coz it's too tight on you

I dont know how you guys take such good pics, mine are either Blurry as hell or have that disgusting flash look. Anyway

Just got a new Driving Force GT to replace my pro!!
14dqekm.jpg

Side View with my wheel setup I built myself!
2yy8403.jpg

These weren't bought in April but I never got a chance to post them!
Energy RC-10s (pair)
25iz14w.jpg

Energy RC-LCR Center

212gy6o.jpg

Merino

2ik7fhs.jpg

Februari and March pick-ups that I hadn't posted.
Empire Total War was supposed to be the first and only PC-Game I would be playing in years but I have barely touched it at all due to bugs and generally crappy gameplay.

2a7bsdk.jpg

These came in yesterday. Bought UTIII and Ferrari partially due to trophies. Not that I buy ever single game with trophies but these are nice additions to my collection as well.

anzegx.jpg

Then today this one arrived. Dressed it up as it is sort of a milestone achievement in my PS3 collection. I now own pretty much all the prior to 2009 released PS3 games I want to. I'm still doubting about picking up Siren, Hakuna Matata and some more music games (guitar hero/rock band) but since I do not have the apartment space for a band set I'll have to put that one off for a while.

mwy109.jpg

And this is what the collection currently looks like (without any peripherals that is). As to the in 2009 released games I'm still missing Disgaea 3, Demon's Souls and Resident Evil 5 which I'll be picking up soon together with inFamous.

PuMa

Yes Boss! said:
Got the second Tamil blu-ray to be released. Not the greatest movie, but there is word that Ayngaran will eventually be working on some of the Mani Ratnam Madras Talkies pictures and, consequently, I'll show my support for the company in anyway I can.

P1000826.jpg

Why are his jeans on backwards?

Cdammen

Almost ready to go.

3483919630_e4f6fc9bcf_o.jpg

- Neo Geo MVS system
- Baseball Stars Professional
- Arcade Supergun MKIII

...and not pictured are two Happ sticks and ten buttons with switches and everything waiting for a box to be put in . I also need a PSU with a 20 pin connect, I only have a 24 pin :(

Gonna relaz with a beer now after a really shitty commute.

robot

Cdammen said:
Almost ready to go.

3483919630_e4f6fc9bcf_o.jpg

- Neo Geo MVS system
- Baseball Stars Professional
- Arcade Supergun MKIII

...and not pictured are two Happ sticks and ten buttons with switches and everything waiting for a box to be put in . I also need a PSU with a 20 pin connect, I only have a 24 pin :(

Gonna relaz with a beer now after a really shitty commute.

Awesome - but skip BS Pro and go right to 2. Also get Windjammers.

LRB1983

Banned
2i6f5oj.png

Final Fantasy VII - International from HK Playstation Store
Cloud Final Fantasy VII PlayArts Vol. 1, original game design. (Girlfriend Gift :X)
2ec27lz.png

Dragon Ball necklace

And thus, a quiet end to April for me:

Just arrived from Amazon. The book is absolutely awesome, wish it was a Hardcover though:
IMG_0804.jpg

Missed it at Best Buy, but Walmart was able to not only price-match, but got an extra $3 off:
IMG_0805.jpg

I blame the Sherwin-Williams commercial that uses a track from this cd for making me hunt down a physical copy (I bought it off itunes already and I really like the album):
IMG_0806.jpg

Got these half-price at Virgin Megastore's clearance sale (needed to finish the rest of my collection):
IMG_0808.jpg

Not pictured, as it's in my car, is my copy of Matthew Sweet's Girlfriend cd that I got at Half-Price Books.

Cdammen

robot said:
Awesome - but skip BS Pro and go right to 2. Also get Windjammers.
Played some BS Pro like an hour after I took the picture (dragged my old Pentium 2 computer out of the cellar). I made a temporary arcade stick container out of a shoebox, worked OK. BS Pro is good but I don't really like baseball games. Gonna give it more time when I get my stick done but it was easy to play and entertained... so I might keep it or trade it for BS Pro 2. Thanks for the tip!

Bought Metal Slug X from a fellow arcade gamer today, gonna post pics when I get everything up and running. I'll also look into some cheap/good shooters, no complete Ibara kit for me ATM :D

No games this month; have been replaying my older games. However, I did get:

p6ueg.jpg

Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman (awesomesauce) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I-III (to replace my VHS copies).

abnwo2.jpg

My first new used bike! An '82 Yamaha Maxim XJ 550J!

eXistor

r29sw9.jpg

The new Bob Dylan isn't so great though, it's a very average sounding record. Coaster is probably NoFX's best in years.

elevature

Neo Member
typo said:
Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman (awesomesauce) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I-III (to replace my VHS copies).

Zatoichi for $10! Please tell me you're in Canada so I can go buy that as well.

LRB1983

Banned
New Stuff
9hma3d.jpg

Twilight metal case BD & Dragon Box Vol. 4
t9uxzr.jpg

Worms
2v83fv6.jpg

OutRun
2rf51xc.jpg

Heavenly Sword pack for LBP
33cxlcx.jpg