• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

Stooo

Neo Member
2 exciting pickups for me yesterday...

First of all from the local carboot sale, a boxed Megadrive with Sonic for £2.50. Complete with 2 controllers...
39722_147552938594969_100000207909527_454072_3824877_n.jpg

Next up is a prezzie my folks brought back from their holiday up in the highlands. A 5 string banjo. I've always fancied a banjo but never played one before.
It came with a beginners book featuring 30 Scottish and Irish folk songs, and a guide on how to play the bugger!
38800_147552158595047_100000207909527_454071_3677442_n.jpg

Yes Boss!

My missing j-shooter titles:

P1040086.jpg

Wii games:

P1040084.jpg

North American black Wii:

P1040087.jpg

DS games. Wario Ware D.I.Y. is my GOTY so far:

P1040090.jpg

NA version of G&W 2 for fun:

P1040091.jpg

PSP love:

P1040085.jpg

New madcatz stick:

P1040088.jpg

TvC stick. Still need to buy a second one:

P1040089.jpg

Book for the plane:

P1040081.jpg

Caramello

I've been meaning to post in the pick up thread for the past two weeks, here's my loot ^^

14lnbrb.jpg

Mortal Kombat II on sale at the moment

11gum82.jpg

Picked this up about a month ago.. I included it because it gives context to the next picture.. First time I played MGS and I loved it!

21mzsiw.jpg

MGS2: Subsistence, MGS3: Limited Metal Edition and MGS4: Limited Edition. I'm currently playing through MGS2, not as good as the original but it's got some pretty cool sections so far.

rk277q.jpg

BWii, Trauma Center and Mirror's Edge were $10, Metroid Prime Trilogy was on my 'have to buy eventually' list :p

2yysfhh.jpg

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight with a bonus PS3 Blu Ray remote. I only bought it because it was cheaper than buying the movies seperately :lol :lol (the blu ray remote is fantastic btw)

c15w1.jpg

Pulp Fiction Collectors Briefcase, Sherlock Holmes, 2012 and The Hurt Locker SteelBooks.

2z5sw1k.jpg

2s9dqgw.jpg

For anyone wanting to know what's inside the Pulp Fiction box

Fularu

Banned
UnluckyKate said:
Awesome Hurt Locker steelbook, Junior.
This is rather rude and unneeded

Last few months pickups. Not featured are "Lunar" PSP and a 360 Elite (black), the Forza III pack.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

Also not pictured are ticket flights for France (leaving in 5 weeks :D), train tickets for Roma and Köln from Paris :D

Can't wait for my 6 weeks vacation in Europe! :D

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Couple pickups for today

Resonance of Fate and Nier. I did my part!

Wanted to pick this one up for a while. Done!

Yes Boss!

Silicon Knight said:
Wow, that's an amazing haul! Was this all waiting for you or did you go on some splurge?

Was all waiting for me when I got back last week. Sadly, 95% of my game collection is going right into storage for a few years since I'm moving on wednesday. I'm taking a Japanese 360 and a PS3 and a few games, though.

Forsete

Doing your bills online is always tedious as fuck, especially typing in that (sometimes) 50 digit long OCR-number. Its easy to read it wrong and thus typing in the wrong digits.

So after 5+ years of doing my bills online I decided to get a "pen-scanner" to read those digits for me.
C-Pen 3.5, which has Bluetooth support, so no stupid USB cable (other than for charging). Just place the cursor where you want the digits to appear and swipe. Works pretty well actually (you can select different fonts so its easier for it to see the sometimes funny looking numbers, but the default "Text and numbers" works great.

Now the cradle was a bit of a miss, should have built in recharge features, now it just works as a stand. USB-cable is connected at the top, mainly for charging but I bet it can communicate via the cable also.

4853888262_6a714755a6_b.jpg

Scanning. Its not only for doing bills, you can scan text from books if you wish. Text size from 5 points up to 22.
4853268377_e4bfeaaa73_b.jpg

4853885988_27eeeaf9b4_b.jpg

Zerokku said:
Quote the wrong person? o_O

My avatar is a picture of red from pokemon.

It wasn't yesterday.

Big Ass Ramp said:
That's really sharp looking. A Miata and a Mustang? I'm very jealous.

Thanks man. And that Miata is my dad's. He wont even let me touch it.

oblo

Been a while since I bought something not game related so I felt like posting it anyway, some tunes:

65b_dopeness.jpg

And a fresh pair of sneakers:

1fe_bignike.jpg

436_bignikeball.jpg

Now I'm ready for another half year of strictly gaming purchases. :D

Awesome sneakers oblo!

Some new Wii pick-ups:

IMAGE_2501.jpg

Prime looks absolutely fabulous considering it's 8 years old..

NMH2? Well, you either get it or you don't. I get it :D

Yes Boss!

Caught up on all the download games. Think I still need to buy Ogre Battle 64, but I ran out of points. Not sure what has gone up on XBLA in the last six months but I'm sure there are a few must-haves I need to check out.

DSI stuff:

P1040092.jpg

P1040093.jpg

Wiiware awesomness:

P1040097.jpg

P1040103.jpg

P1040101.jpg

P1040095.jpg

J-PSN LOVE:

P1040107.jpg

P1040109.jpg

P1040105.jpg

P1040112.jpg

oblo

Well, awesome games MarshMellow!

Thanks guys, so happy with the new kicks and even NeoGAF approving them, excellent! :D

Yes Boss!

ChryZ said:
Props for running the stuff in original pixel perfect mode instead of scaling their soul out of them.

OMG, Thunderforce V looks so, so good on PSP! Gotta pinch myself. Only played the Saturn version but this one is so much more fun on the handheld. I keep them all windowboxed...even using the slight zoom-in feature softens the image too much.

_dementia said:
good shit man, looking forward to seeing that in an upcoming thread

Yeah man, I was SUPER excited when she said it would be okay. I kept asking her if she was kidding and to stop pulling my leg. There's not going to be much big purchases from me over the next little while in this thread as I've got to pull my socks up (unless it's a super sweet deal on car bits :lol )

Pietepiet

new_tfs.jpg

Some new Transformers for the collection. Left to right, top to bottom:
TF Animated Deluxe Black Arachnia, TF Animated Voyager Optimus Prime, TF Animated Deluxe Jazz, WST Dinobots Snarl, WST Dinobots Sludge.

I love those WST Dinobots. Perfect replicas of the G1 Dinos, but super small. So cute :)

WEGGLES

Yes Boss! said:
Caught up on all the download games. Think I still need to buy Ogre Battle 64, but I ran out of points. Not sure what has gone up on XBLA in the last six months but I'm sure there are a few must-haves I need to check out.

DSI stuff:

P1040092.jpg
bloo.jpg

oblo said:
The town is called Chimay and so is the beer, they would call it "bleue" but that's of course only a matter of language.
In Japanese it would be pronounced SUPAH! CHEMAYRU! BAHRUZAH! I think...

Manp

HOLY FUCK GAF! i got a Wii! hell's freezing! :lol got it for 149€ brand new, not a bad deal...
1E8bm.jpg

oh and Dead Space Extraction, and Nintendo's overpriced component cable...

lBc74.jpg

and Singstar with Wireless mics for 20€...

SYWJ2.jpg

and a 320 GB for my brand new PS3 slim...

...now i need to work on saturdays :lol

i only need to find a shop that's still selling RE4 Wii Edition and i'll be an happy guy

:)

Goddamn this thread is depressing! I just sold my Wii and PSP to fund my Tattoo so I guess that's a negative pick up?
Need moar money!!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yes Boss! said:
My missing j-shooter titles:

P1040086.jpg

How's Shikigami III (well, assuming you've even had a chance to try it yet)? I've never played the Shikigami series, but I've heard a few good things over the years...

Yes Boss!

Chacranajxy said:
How's Shikigami III (well, assuming you've even had a chance to try it yet)? I've never played the Shikigami series, but I've heard a few good things over the years...

I did get to try it for a few minutes last week. I'm pretty pleased with the presentation on 360. I never touch my Wii version since the image is so small. But I'll definitely be playing this one since it looks wonderful upscaled on the big TV and I can use a higher quality stick.

It was actually one of those games I get putting off and off forever but I finally pulled the trigger when play-asia got it back in stock.

I collect all the 360 shooters but I might have to draw the line at Strike Witches. :lol

Celcius

°Temp. member
After wanting it all summer, I saw it on sale at gamestop for $30 new and decided to pick it up:

3ddgh.jpg

oblo said:
The town is called Chimay and so is the beer, they would call it "bleue" but that's of course only a matter of language.

But they make three different kinds...blue label is my fav =).

practice02 said:
What is the tattoo of?

A Tiger similar to this (this is all his work)
l_c4f1a988fb3340878e197666cc958ee9.jpg

but done is this style but with bamboo instead of flowers, from elbow to shoulder (half sleeve).
l_483506f3b17240ecadfa441f7f8d0983.jpg

He basically said he will draw up the tiger and then everything else is done free hand around it on the day and then I yes or no it and then he gos over in ink!
His myspace with more pics of work.
Costing a pretty penny but hey ive wanted one since I was 16 and now the tax man owes me enough to cover the first day! selling off a few things to pay for the 2 half days that will follow.

Top Bottom