• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

jaydogg691

No45 said:
Technically last month, but what the hell I forgot to post it. :)

<3
What kind of car? Looks cool.

Yes Boss!

Got FF IX. That completes the three PS1 FFs. Thanks Sony/Squeenix. Love having these multi-disc releases as legitimate digital files.

P1040113.jpg

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Dilli666 said:
@ Conceited
Please tell me that the sweets from 'Grave of the Fireflies' are available somewhere online. Do want :(

No idea, this was the first time I had ever seen them in my life, found them at a Japanese import shop in Toronto. If you want one that bad I could ship one to you though.

And yes, the candies are quite delicious, especially the chocolate ones. :)

Bii

l2ounD said:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_6jbTy057-YM/TFemQFh38sI/AAAAAAAAAVQ/QR_gM0GNqjs/sc250.jpg

Got the fifty to play around with and finally SC2!!

Nice pick-up on the 50mm. That thing is damn sharp and performs very well in low-light settings for a ~$100 lens. And it looks like you used it to take the picture with. The 50mm was the first lens I bought for my XTi and I think I used it for a year or so before I finally found another lens that I primarily use.

Avyrocky

Banned
GAZERK said:
Just got an '05 Mustang. :D
IMG_1493.jpg

Just installed new headlights and grille. I'm going to install some Halo Fog lights, but the set I got has a faulty LED bulb :/ Also was going to install a lower grille but that got messed up in shipping.

IMG_1495.jpg

New taillights!

*Polishes SlimJim*

l2ounD

Bii said:
Nice pick-up on the 50mm. That thing is damn sharp and performs very well in low-light settings for a ~$100 lens. And it looks like you used it to take the picture with. The 50mm was the first lens I bought for my XTi and I think I used it for a year or so before I finally found another lens that I primarily use.

Yeah, I've seen a bunch of shots people have taken with it and the quality is awesome for how cheap it is. I'll definitely have fun with it till I get more shooting experience and would want another lens.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Drahcir said:
OMG, can you please get me a can too, Conceited? :D

This is for you and everyone else since this seems to be a popular idea;

If you want a can of the Grave of the Fireflies candies just PM me your info and I'll pick up one for you the next time I go, free of charge unless you live really far away :p

Edit: Keep in mind only request one if you REALLY want it, because they have limited numbers at this store so I will only be able to pick up so many, and I wouldn't want a huge fan of the movie missing out for someone who just wants free candy.

Yes Boss!

MBL Ver1.1 for my Japanese DS...keeping it up to speed with the Aksys release!

P1040124.jpg

And that $1 shooter (well, $1.50 since I got it from the japanese marketplace):

P1040122.jpg

EktorPR

Posting the haul from the entire past month.

2ms11n4.jpg

True Blood Season 2 on BD and my very first iPhone, which I'm loving a lot.

29vla3l.jpg

The Bank Job & A Clockwork Orange on BD, both at $10 at my local Spec's. Cars and Inglorious Basterds through the usual Amazon channel.

120rwav.jpg

Guess watch and what has to be my favorite pick-up of this year so far: The New Wayfarer from Ray-Ban.

szk48z.jpg

Neptune

suikodan said:
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab12/suikodan/1229c4c6.jpg

New glasses: I had my last pair for almost 10 years. I was time that I refresh my look. My gf loves me more now. :lol
I like how those glasses look. Would you mind sharing the name of the brand?

Broman1978

sorry for OT but I must ask this--
1 or 2 months ago a person here showed in the Pick-up thread a really huge USB-Memory stick that he had bought.. Does someone remember that and where he bought it?

Broman1978 said:
sorry for OT but I must ask this--
1 or 2 months ago a person here showed in the Pick-up thread a really huge USB-Memory stick that he had bought.. Does someone remember that and where he bought it?
Have you tried going through the threads from 1 or 2 months ago or google searching for "huge usb-memory stick"

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
_dementia said:
No, you're doing better than Aksys, considering Cave screwed up the timing in the North American release of DS.

Just found out about that mess... now I gotta swap that US copy for the JP one :(

Yes Boss!

Chacranajxy said:
Just found out about that mess... now I gotta swap that US copy for the JP one :(

Did not know about the problems with the NA release. :-(

Still a bang-up set though. The j-land platinum release seems to have all the updates on disc. Kinda want to get it for the cover, probably overkill.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yes Boss! said:
Did not know about the problems with the NA release. :-(

Still a bang-up set though. The j-land platinum release seems to have all the updates on disc. Kinda want to get it for the cover, probably overkill.

Platinum Hits version is still missing MBL 1.1, but I can buy that separate. The important thing is that the game actually runs like it's supposed to. Still, I guess this gives me incentive to hang onto the JP 360, even if all the currently Jap-only games were to come overseas.

Some PC related pickups

IMG_3909.jpg

Poweredge T110 for running VM Ware ESXi. Starting to study for the VCP exam. Already went to the mandatory training class, so I need to get it done quickly.

IMG_3910.jpg

And my new i5 760 I built with help from the guys in the I need a new PC 2010 edition thread.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Amir0x said:
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x55/Amir0x/AliceCover.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x55/Amir0x/NookLove.jpg[IMG]

I <3 my Nook. Much better than Kindle overall imo.[/QUOTE]

I sort of want a nook, but at the same time I love having my bookcase full of normal dead tree books.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Totally had to scratch that Trek fanboy itch with these two apps

Library Computer Access/Retrieval System

LCARS STARSS for the iPad

a39163c9.png
8d003318.png

Tricorder TR-580 Mark III for the iPhone

36769cce.jpg

Pretty fun for the star trek fanboy like myself. :D

Top Bottom