• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

vo3bmh.jpg

Picked these two up.

Evangelion 2.22 on blu ray??? RAWR, need to find (US)! I'll have to take lots of pics of the stuff I've gotten the past 2 weeks. Kinda been splurging since I found out I wasn't going to be moving.

Pennywise

New TV :)

Samsung B650
02-08-10_1254.jpg

That wasn't all so far , but I have to take another cam for my new plush Chopper D:

Aww and sorry for the shitty quality :<

MiniBossman said:
Poweredge T110 for running VM Ware ESXi. Starting to study for the VCP exam. Already went to the mandatory training class, so I need to get it done quickly.

And my new i5 760 I built with help from the guys in the I need a new PC 2010 edition thread.

Good luck. I took the VI3 class in 2008 but never pursued the certification. I wasn't a fan of the course ware but the technology is becoming more and more essential. I hear V-Sphere is a good improvement over 3.5.

I'm thinking of using my desktop to run ESX also.

Not many here care about retro stuff but I'll keep posting anyway. :(

I haven't made my rounds to my local BookOff and HardOff recycle centers in a few months and I was surprised to find some cheap Saturn and Dreamcast games.

I got all the Shining Force III scenarios for 100 yen each along with DOA2 and RE:Code Veronica for 100 yen each also.

I sold off Shining Force III Scenario II before I left for Japan 3 years ago and have regretted it ever day since. But now that I've found the holy grail of Saturn games (for me) once again, I'm in a euphoric state!

All discs, cases, and manuals were in near mint condition. I couldn't imagine a better pull than this. So totally stoked.

DSCF0002.jpg

Upsidedown Fuji said:

I haven't made my rounds to my local BookOff and HardOff recycle centers in a few months and I was surprised to find some cheap Saturn and Dreamcast games.

I got all the Shining Force III scenarios for 100 yen each along with DOA2 and RE:Code Veronica for 100 yen each also.

I sold off Shining Force III Scenario II before I left for Japan 3 years ago and have regretted it ever day since. But now that I've found the holy grail of Saturn games (for me) once again, I'm in a euphoric state!

All discs, cases, and manuals were in near mint condition. I couldn't imagine a better pull than this. So totally stoked.

DSCF0002.jpg

Don't say that... from one Saturn lover to another... I care about the retro!

Spiderjericho said:
Good luck. I took the VI3 class in 2008 but never pursued the certification. I wasn't a fan of the course ware but the technology is becoming more and more essential. I hear V-Sphere is a good improvement over 3.5.

I'm thinking of using my desktop to run ESX also.

vSphere is significantly better than 3.5. Hopefully the upgrade we have planned at work will happen soon. I'm just amazed how many people go to the class and never used VMware and think they will take the exam the next week. Waste of 3k for the class and $175 for the exam.

@Upsidedown Fuji - Sweet pickups. Too bad scenario 2 & 3 never made it stateside.

knkng

Conceited said:
No idea, this was the first time I had ever seen them in my life, found them at a Japanese import shop in Toronto.

Name of the store and general location please?

robot

Just got the stick today, Saturn was end of last month. Also got Blazblue but that's pretty much it for this month (besides Summer of Arcade games).

hori_close.jpg

Gonna order some Siemitsu buttons and stick for it soon, really like the 4 colored xbox buttons so might do the same but with clear versions. It's a pretty amazing stick, really high quality. Sad to see my Mad Catz TE go but I already own a Hori EX-SE and don't need 3 sticks. Dont really need 2 to be honest but I love that hori. Good times.

saturn.jpg

Open for suggestions on Saturn games, need to find a stick for that as well.

robot said:
Just got the stick today, Saturn was end of last month. Also got Blazblue but that's pretty much it for this month (besides Summer of Arcade games).

Gonna order some Siemitsu buttons and stick for it soon, really like the 4 colored xbox buttons so might do the same but with clear versions. It's a pretty amazing stick, really high quality. Sad to see my Mad Catz TE go but I already own a Hori EX-SE and don't need 3 sticks. Dont really need 2 to be honest but I love that hori. Good times.

Open for suggestions on Saturn games, need to find a stick for that as well.

Welcome to the Saturn brotherhood!

Here's some good games to check out:

Shining Force Scenario I
Dragon Force
Panzer Dragoon RPG
Die Hard Arcade
Saturn Bomberman
NiGHTS Into Dreams
Guardian Heroes (it's pricey but well worth it with a multi tap)

I'm sure there will be even more suggestions. :D

Upsidedown Fuji said:
Thanks! One reply is all I needed. You made my day. :D

Seeing stuff like this is much more fun than all the new pickups (no one ever mentions the retro titles I post either, so we are a dying breed). Keep 'em coming.

krae_man

Upsidedown Fuji said:

DSCF0002.jpg

Don't not post retro stuff dude. Retro is awesome, and always will be.

Posts like this make me wish I had a friend in Japan to find cool stuff for me as it might be awhile before I can swing $10k to fly over there for a week(most being spending money):lol

krae_man said:
Don't not post retro stuff dude.

Posts like this make me wish I had a friend in Japan to find cool stuff for me:lol

Funny you say that. Even my friends back home never ask me for anything. It's very confusing seeing as how they're as much into retro games as I am. They're probably turned off to the shipping cost...

krae_man

So much stuff I want. Wonderswan games, Neo Geo Pocket Games, Epoch Game Pocket Computer Games, Random weird Saturn/Dreamcast stuff, I'd go broke.

Oh and some other recent pickups:
DSCN1244.jpg

DSCN1238.jpg

MisterNoisy

Put together a new PC :D

e7cs2g.jpg

Core i5-760 under a Cooler Master V6
MSI P55-GD65
XFX Black Edition 750W
Gigabyte GTX460 1GB
4GB G.Skill ECO
1TB WD Caviar Black
CM Storm Scout case

Crazypanda_85 said:
Nice! I preordered mines from amiami.com but have to wait til Friday to send them the payment. How does it look in person?

I haven't unboxed Momohime yet, but the sculpt looks spot on.

Gameboy415

Upsidedown Fuji said:

I care!!!

I used to spend almost all of my free time scouring shops like Book-Off and GEO looking for retro games while I lived in Japan. :D

hipgnosis

hlYD9.jpg

Finally got DoDonPachi DOJ!

Tried a couple of credits and got my ass beaten pretty hard. :D The game is so awesome though!

DeVeAn

Where the hell do you people get retro stuff in such nice condition? I never have such luck and thus find it hard to want to obtain more retro games/consoles.

DeVeAn said:
Where the hell do you people get retro stuff in such nice condition? I never have such luck and thus find it hard to want to obtain more retro games/consoles.

either buy stuff from japan or serious collectors in your region.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Litflynt912 said:
whats in the bag??
http://imgur.com/N8a0Vl.jpg[/IMG

hmm???
[IMG]http://imgur.com/6JrbUl.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://imgur.com/VEZ6Ml.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

What 360 model is that? I need to replace my current one at some point, but I'd prefer to avoid that ugly-as-sin glossy system.

LiK

Chacranajxy said:
What 360 model is that? I need to replace my current one at some point, but I'd prefer to avoid that ugly-as-sin glossy system.

the Arcade version of the 360 Slim

slamskank

My first post in this thread, fitting cause this is my best month in a while.
Clockwise (click for fullsize)
1. Eggplant squid dish from my favorite thai takeout joint
2. Pentax DA Limited 40mm Pancake lens for my K-X
3. Bunch of classic PC games someone at my work was selling, $40 for:
- Tie Fighter (OG and Collectors Edition), Strategy Guide and Defender of The Empire expanison
- Dark Forces 1 and 2
- X-wing
- Slip cases of Soldier of Fortune and Deus Ex
- Duke Nukem 3d Atomic Edition

Having these games again fills me with joy but with a tinge of sadness as well. Those games came from the golden years, games haven't been as good since then and I don't think they ever will be.

4. Iphone 4 16GB I got in the mail from Fido yesterday.

MisterNoisy said:
Put together a new PC :D

e7cs2g.jpg

Core i5-760 under a Cooler Master V6
MSI P55-GD65
XFX Black Edition 750W
Gigabyte GTX460 1GB
4GB G.Skill ECO
1TB WD Caviar Black
CM Storm Scout case
That heatsink looks ridiculous, but then again, I haven't seen one in four years since I built the PC I use now. I'll upgrade if Battlefield 3 is what I hope it's going to be (PC exclusive)

eXistor

distantmantra said:
Seeing stuff like this is much more fun than all the new pickups (no one ever mentions the retro titles I post either, so we are a dying breed). Keep 'em coming.
Hell yeah, retro pick-ups (though recently I started to call them Vintage :) ) are my fave as well. Older stuff is much more to my liking than the new stuff even though I post more newer stuff than old. Pretty logical I suppose, seeing as most of my new pick-ups are in fact new, it's hardly in keeping with the thread if I retro-actively post stuff I bought 20 years ago.

Top Bottom