• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

Hello, I picked up a few games this month (sorry for the bad phone pictures I lost the camera charger so I have to buy a new one =/:

4939328597_d284fd49d1.jpg

The Sears here is closing down so I got Hot Shots Golf and Wipeout on 60% off clearance.)

4939913534_b78ae9b966.jpg

Got Katamari Damacy from Sears, and finally bought Killzone 2 (printed out some custom cover-art) and Bioshock. I also bought six PSN $20 cards but I forgot to take a picture.

It was my birthday last weekend on the 21st so my cool girlfriend got me some stuff:

4939912602_b611409c06.jpg

An awesome Avater: Last Airbender art book.

4939329359_31e4694019.jpg

4939329923_88ff07bcc5.jpg

Some Metal Gear decals

4939915644_dc8790eb1a.jpg

And this cool poogie plush that moves its nose when you make a sound in front of it.

-PXG-

CenLX615 said:
Just got Momohime in the mail today. She's my first figurine and I don't have a glass case yet =/ So I'm gonna have to let her sit in the box for now.

I also didn't get owned by customs. :lol

142ee5u.jpg

I'm not a fan of the figurines and toys people post, but this is pretty damn cool. Where did you get it?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Aggrotek said:
Where did you get that?! O.O

you can buy the print online through the 2K store, it's only $20. Just bought a nice frame for it. Pretty quality print for the price.

Caramello said:
c15w1.jpg

Pulp Fiction Collectors Briefcase, Sherlock Holmes, 2012 and The Hurt Locker SteelBooks.

2z5sw1k.jpg

2s9dqgw.jpg

For anyone wanting to know what's inside the Pulp Fiction box

Do want! Do you have any idea of it's region free? What country is it from and where can I find it that hsips to the US?

JEKKI

DJ Crimson said:
08-30-2010.jpg

Found these at a Goodwill, albums are in excellent condition which is great since I've been looking for the Domino and The Pharcyde album on the cheap. Just going to resell the Action Replay PSX.
Labcabincalifornia is one of my favorite albums of all time.

that record was me on Dilla's nuts a decade before it was cool to be on Dilla's nuts.

D-Pad

23l0g42.jpg

Sorry for the crappy webcam pic -- That's Nanostray 2. I got it and Dragon Ball Origins through Goozex. My DS's touch screen is wearing down even more thanks to Nanostray 2. Still, I cannot get past Level 1 arcade mode while the adventure mode was a breeze. Grr...

DBO, btw, is NOT a game for kids omg. I was shocked more than a couple of times by some of the cutscenes. I never seen the original Manga so maybe that's why but some of the things Bulma and Goku (bless his heart) do are... Just... Wow... The game itself... It had touch control like Zelda Spirit Tracks but they're not as tight, and when it comes to fighting I just end up tapping like crazy because I can't get anything to work right...

Jazzem

/\/\ I read a bit of the first chapter of the Dragonball manga myself, I couldn't get over how perverted it was :lol It was very much tongue in cheek, but still...the Origins game seemed pretty cool from the demo I played.

Picked up some cheap DS games recently:

imgp0758.jpg

That now completes my Castlevania DS set. Sonic Rush Adventure is an embarrassing one though as it's the first game I've re-bought despite having sold it before <_< Got it for £6 off a friend who didn't want it any more. It's hardly the best Sonic game but it's fun enough, plus I managed to get the 100% ending this time :D

joelseph

If you don't end up fixing it I would be willing to trade/buy for Wander, my girlfriend's little cousin broke him off my model. =/

Gameboy415

Here's a few last-minute pick-ups and stuff I forgot to post last time:

1008Sony3.jpg

DJ Hero Bundle for PS3 - Got it for $19.99 @ Toys R Us last week. VERY fun!
Miller High Life Sandals - Grabbed an extra pair for next summer. Last pair of XL's at my local Kohls on clearance for $10. :D
Loco Roco 2 for PSP - Got it in a Buy-2-get-1 deal @ Gamestop.
PSN Cards - I got $150 worth of PSN credit for $85 out of pocket. :D I got the two $50 cards during K-Mart's sale a few weeks ago. I only paid $80 by immediately using the $20 coupon I got for purchasing the first card and later used another $20 coupon (from the second $50 card) on an additional $20 card last week. I got the $10 card and 2nd $20 card at Best Buy for only $5 out of pocket! I went to my local Best Buy for the Dragon Quest IX event a few weeks ago but the Nintendo rep didn't show up so the Best Buy Manager offered us $25 of store credit "for our trouble". :D
Kama Wireless Nunchuck for Wii - $5 on clearance at K-Mart. Works great with the Perfect Shot gun!

I also have a copy of Metroid: Other M and the Metroid Art Folio in transit from Gamestop. :D

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
MortalMonkey said:
IMG_0483.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/IMG_0500.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/IMG_0485.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/IMG_0486.jpg[IMG]

Pity that it's broken. Any advice on how to fix it is welcome.[/QUOTE]
Nice pickup! Maybe melting it with fire works? That's how I fixed some plastic stuff, tho I dunno if that is plastic.

Tho, doesn't superglue work? Should work nicely

Teetris said:
Nice pickup! Maybe melting it with fire works? That's how I fixed some plastic stuff, tho I dunno if that is plastic.

Tho, doesn't superglue work? Should work nicely

That's actually really easy to fix. Get a drill and get a small bit and drill down about half an inch or less (use judgement) and take a thin metal rod (home depot or cut an aluminum hanger) and then drill it out on the other peice. Test it out and if it's a good fit, put some super glue in both ends, apply some pressure and let it sit for a few hours.

Fixed.

Had tons of experience fixing my various Gundam models thanks to my kids constantly destroying them ;)

drkOne

Glue will erode the PVC, if I'm not mistaken (if that's a PVC statue).

Edit: Maybe I am mistaken, couldn't find anything on Google about it.

CenLX615

Neo Member
-PXG- said:
I'm not a fan of the figurines and toys people post, but this is pretty damn cool. Where did you get it?

I got mine from Amiami for 7840 yen with shipping included. The site still says that they got 27 copies left but they'll probably be all gone in a few weeks or so.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Bii said:
Dragon Warrior VII. Playstation. $30.
[not pictured]Dragon Warrior VII Official Guide. Prima's. Price included with game.
I'll be honest, I have no idea if I'll ever get to playing Dragon Warrior VII. But it's there should I ever decide to boot it up. :)

Ehh, it won't take you that long to play through :lol

Still a great game and honestly a lot better than the 360 RPGs you picked up (though I really liked both BD and LO).

My friend from GameStop let me have it since her store was done using it. It has the whole "reserve and get the ninja suit" stuff at the bottom. But its still awesome as hell :)

Top Bottom