• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

Pietepiet said:
Is that the US or Japanese Masterpiece Grimlock? I still need to get my hands on one, but Transformers are fairly hard to come by over here (Netherlands). Should probably just eBay one.

US. I couldn't justify paying 2-3 times more for the Japanese one when I knew it was coming over eventually. I made that mistake with Starscream.

Kagami

24fk45h.jpg

Strike Witches - Aozora no Dengekisen LE (NDS)
+ OP/ED single CD and OST CDs from it (also include the PS2 game music)

2wo984o.jpg

Strike Witches - Francesca Lucchini Nendoroid (ねんどろいどナンバー108・・・それはルッキーニちゃんを煩悩炸裂な心で見てもいいってことですね!)
and a couple of other Strike Witches character song/talk CDs (HimeUta vol. 4 & 5)

2rmla9w.jpg

Also packed in the shipping box were four identical laminated cards with Yoshika's face on one side and eight shots of her rear end on the other. I don't think these specifically come with anything I bought, especially since I only ordered SW1 stuff and these say "Strike Witches 2" on them, so I guess the store just has a pile of Yoshika ass-cards lying around that they send to people who buy Strike Witches items.

Duelist

CenLX615 said:
Just got Momohime in the mail today. She's my first figurine and I don't have a glass case yet =/ So I'm gonna have to let her sit in the box for now.

I also didn't get owned by customs. :lol

Nice, you finally got it.

Buying some Gameboy stuff, getting back into modding and trying to create music with them with LSDJ. Got this off of ebay for 25 bucks. Going to be using the lightboy until I have the funds to backlight it, saving the 4player adapter for a future mod of turning a pckeyboard into a plug in piano for LSDJ. Gameboy is in fantastic condition. They case game with it so yeah, haha pretty kickass.
gameboy001.jpg

gameboy002.jpg

gameboy008.jpg

gameboy005.jpg

gameboy006.jpg

Addicted to these iPhone/Touch games, it's a drug.
m9n7k6.jpg

LTTP on Coheed's newest album and it's amazing as usual. Loved Crank 2 and at $10 at Best Buy, couldn't pass it up. Kane and Lynch 2 was a gift from the GF and while the SP is super short, there was never a dull moment and totally enjoyable.
9u0k5v.jpg

outsidah

purg3 said:
My new ride, 2010 Trek 2.1 waiting for my new pedals and then I'll be all set.

Nice bike! It was too rich for my blood so I'm getting a 2011 1.5 :)

kylej said:
My big pickup of the month

My two children together for a night before I leave for school

You have good taste

grego9198

Decided to build a 3D gaming/movie front projector setup for my loft this month. So I picked up:
15i9hyo.jpg

Along with an acer 5360 projector.

Then today I picked up these to replace my front sound stage:

1jqexz.jpg

Kukuk

Banned
pickupaug.jpg

My first real pick-up in like 2 years. Also the first Pokemon game I've played since the original Silver. :lol

purg3

slept with Malkin
outsidah said:
Nice bike! It was too rich for my blood so I'm getting a 2011 1.5 :)

I was originally going to go with the 1.5 myself, but the dude knocked some money off the the 2.1 which made it hard to resist.

Salsa

Kagami said:
2rmla9w.jpg

Also packed in the shipping box were four identical laminated cards with Yoshika's face on one side and eight shots of her rear end on the other. I don't think these specifically come with anything I bought, especially since I only ordered SW1 stuff and these say "Strike Witches 2" on them, so I guess the store just has a pile of Yoshika ass-cards lying around that they send to people who buy Strike Witches items.

:lol wtf

Kagami said:
2rmla9w.jpg

I declare this to be goddamn hilarious. What are you even supposed to with these? Hang them on your wall?

Fatal1ty MKII (on sale at Fry's for 49.99 and there is a 20.00 rebate)
IMAG0159.jpg

Targus Chill Mat
IMAG0163.jpg

Shank
SAM_0306.jpg

Motorstorm 3D Rift (yay for more 3D content :lol )
SAM_0342.jpg

Mushroom Wars
SAM_0338.jpg

Pietepiet

InfectedZero said:
Buying some Gameboy stuff, getting back into modding and trying to create music with them with LSDJ.

Awesome! Nice to see other people here messing with it :) I tried backlighting a GBPocket a while back, but ended up cracking two screens and one ribbon cable :\ Pockets are horrible to backlight. There's just not enough space in the casing, so you have to sand everything flat if you even want it all to fit. Too many pressure points otherwise.

That GameBoy looks fantastic. I can never find them in that state, sadly. Usually they're kinda yellow and smell like cigarettes...

Bii

Alucrid said:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/Tails444/IMG_1164.jpg

Nothing to do with games, but they're damn good. :D

Damn, those do look delicious. Reminds me of some of the pastry items a local French bakery offers.

Monroeski said:
Where is this place, and how can I get there in the next 5 minutes?

A tad late to respond... :p
But it's located in Fresno, California. They also have other flavors that I'll try the next time I go. Such as Chocolate Cake, Chicken with Molé, and Spinach & Artichoke. They make everything by hand so each tamale comes with that homemade feel. I forgot to mention in my previous post that, depending on which tamale you get, it comes with a separate sauce container. For example, the Creamy Chicken Alfredo came with a lemony alfredo sauce (sounds strange but it's damn good) and the Pineapple Coconut comes with a strawberry glaze mixed with roasted coconut bits.

4936224654_875a35642f_b.jpg

DJ Hero. Playstation 3. $20.
Thanks to that GAF thread, I was able to snag a copy from my local Toys R Us for 20 bucks. The 360 was my first choice since all my music games are played on there but the only single-pack TRU had was the PS3 version. No worries, I snagged it anyway.

4935635599_ca44905818_b.jpg

Blue Dragon. Xbox 360. $6.
Infinite Undiscovery. Xbox 360. $6.
Lost Odyssey. Xbox 360. $6.
I bought this from someone else on another forum. They were six dollars each, how can I say no? The only game I've played of this bunch was Blue Dragon. I rented it from GameFly a year or two ago but have never finished it. Now's my chance.

4935635403_c82c787c28_b.jpg

Dragon Warrior VII. Playstation. $30.
[not pictured]Dragon Warrior VII Official Guide. Prima's. Price included with game.
I'll be honest, I have no idea if I'll ever get to playing Dragon Warrior VII. But it's there should I ever decide to boot it up. :)

4935634949_56f52009e3_b.jpg

Behringer C-1U Studio Condenser Microphone. $68.
On Stage DS7200B Adjustable Desk Microphone Stand. $12.
Nady MPF-6 6-Inch Clamp On Microphone Pop Filter. $17.
To record my singing. I'm kidding, I won't be singing. Maybe. I do have plans to eventually do some videos in the style of "let's play" and provide commentary for each video. I still have to iron out all the details before I start posting some vids on Youtube.

vejas

Banned
Kukuk said:
pickupaug.jpg

My first real pick-up in like 2 years. Also the first Pokemon game I've played since the original Silver. :lol

Highway 61 Revisited is an awesome album by Dylan great choice!

Nitemare1

Went a little crazy on Tuesday. I don't really watch much tv during the week so I've only really seen the first season. When I saw the box it was kind of a impulse buy. I brought it home and immediately said to myself. "what have I done?". FTR it's the blu-ray version.

P8290059.jpg

P8290060.jpg

P8290062.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
Easystride said:
Those look delicous. What exactly are they? I don't believe I have seen them before.

They're cannolis, some are chocolate, some vanilla, others are ricotta cheese mixed with powdered sugar.

Zing

Banned
n8NMONSTER said:
Got these too:

47300_726930368614_6312708_39127740_7209006_n.jpg

Onechanbara and Tokyo Godfathers. <3 Satoshi Kon.

While I found the earlier "ass cards" to be both hilarious and strange, I find this "Onechanbara" to be far more absurd and disturbing. Some sort of samurai bikini cowgirl?

jling84 said:
Received my Square Enix Members Ultimate Prize a couple days ago. This is enough for me forgive all that was wrong with FFXIII.

4925942220_558127045c_b.jpg

4925348995_a11e03b8d9_b.jpg

4925350097_a86443d87a_b.jpg

4925351053_e77dc104e2_b.jpg

Well, I was gonna give that iPod to my mom, but that little SE logo on the back means that it's going in the collection now. :lol

SlaughterX said:
Well, I was gonna give that iPod to my mom, but that little SE logo on the back means that it's going in the collection now. :lol

I was going to as well but honestly the more I think about it and the evidence on ebay's prices..it's not worth a damn. I mean ANYONE could of gotten this iPod just from taking the registration cards out of the used games at a Game Crazy, Gamestop, Blockbuster, etc.

The Music collection package is another story however.

Top Bottom