• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

59091937bec57097af4f9c677c8b48f8.JPG

32c35f903226111a59f08d485c53ef83.JPG

I'm also expecting metal gear solid for ps1 and metroid prime for cube in the mail by thursday.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Farore said:
What is the GHS from Capcom about? First time I've seen it...

It's supposedly based on a Japanese kid's TV show, and despite the Animal Crossing-esque look to the characters i've heard at the centre of it is a pretty dark concept. You're in a hotel and you've got to chase the residents around the coridoors and steal their souls, so a bit like Benny Hill meets Soul Reaver. :lol

It was in EDGE recently as a Time Extend feature. I haven't played it yet though- just arrived this morning.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Posted this in the collections thread.

Resident Evil Samurai Edge replica, actual BB gun. Now I need a test subject.

Edge.jpg

Grecco

PIC-0035.jpg

Some new stuff. Trace Memory, FF3, Tony Hawk, Kameo, Quake, Prey were all on clearance.

Not pictured here is the Metroid Prime 3 Guide, 3 XBL Gold Kits i bought and Dynasty Warriors gundam that ill probably pick up tomorow.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
pcgames.jpg

I lucked out at the carboot today, got these two for 50p each.

I'll probably keep Monkey Island, but I can't find the exact version (PC CD, enhanced music) on eBay, so I'll wait and see if its worth any good beans.

Jefklak

McBacon said:
pcgames.jpg

I lucked out at the carboot today, got these two for 50p each.

I'll probably keep Monkey Island, but I can't find the exact version (PC CD, enhanced music) on eBay, so I'll wait and see if its worth any good beans.

50p???
Holy shit monkey sells for +50 USD

Closing out the month in style!

m2twk.jpg

Looking forward to the new campaigns and the already-released CA retrofit of the M2K AI tweaks to the original grand campaign.

DSC00122.JPG

Took that a couple of hours ago, so I've finished downloading it obviously. Contemplated getting the boxed version from Play.com, but it's 200SEK more. It's crazy cheap over PSN, basically half of the standard retail price, couldn't resist.

Kinda sucks not having a manual though, should've included one on the d...in the download. There's always the "Game Tips" I guess. Is there an online manual somewhere?

My final pick-up's from August;

SP_A0053.jpg

SP_A0054.jpg

SP_A0055.jpg

This was the last month i'll have spare cash to splurge on classic games so I thought i'd best make the most of it by picking up a Neo-Geo CDZ and finalizing my Saturn collection with all the games i'd previousley deemed too expensive (RS, Astra Superstars etc) :)

so1337

Today I picked up Viva Pinata Collector's Edition for (and I really want you to fasten your seatbelts) 5 DOLLARS! 5 f'n Dollars! Can you believe that?

Oh, also got Bioshock (Tin Case) for a friend. It's his birthday today.

.hacked

RobertM said:
Write your impressions please.

from the IGN thread:

"Just played my copy and I walked away impressed. Not a AAA game but a lot better than IGN says it is.

The production values are off the charts, the graphics are pretty dam nice (stable framerate, nice textures and not as jaggy as earlier PS3 games) and the controls are far more responsive than I would have thought after reading the review.

Really a lot of the controls issues seem to be helped if you go into dragon view (also helps identify targets a lot more easily). Then again the visuals take a hit in that view (world gets washed out and targets are brightly colored).

My only real issue with the controls are how hard you have to swing the pad to do the 180 and bash into the bad guys, but I rather it be that way than be too sensitive.

In the end I'd rate it in the 7-8 range, if through some sort of patch they and analog controls I'd bump it to a 9."

captain wow said:
What are the SEED games like in your opinion? I loved federation vs zeon so if they are anything like that ill be all over em.

Nothing like Federation vs. Zeon, although there are two Japan-only SEED games in that series (one based on SEED and one based on Destiny, I bought them long ago). Mobile Suit Gundam SEED is a 2.5D platformer beat em up. It was well worth the $10 I paid for it. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Generation of CE is a strategy RPG, just like the Super Robot Taisen games. These are both Japanese imports, but the way.

distantmantra said:
Nothing like Federation vs. Zeon, although there are two Japan-only SEED games in that series (one based on SEED and one based on Destiny, I bought them long ago). Mobile Suit Gundam SEED is a 2.5D platformer beat em up. It was well worth the $10 I paid for it. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Generation of CE is a strategy RPG, just like the Super Robot Taisen games. These are both Japanese imports, but the way.

Region shouldnt be a problem really, got penty of japanese games, Destiny sounds like it wouldnt interest me more. Loved both series, awesome soundtrack.

captain wow said:
Region shouldnt be a problem really, got penty of japanese games, Destiny sounds like it wouldnt interest me more. Loved both series, awesome soundtrack.

These are what you should look for, then. There's also a Zeta Gundam version called Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam. It got released on the PS2 in North America, I'm not sure about the UK.

gundamseedvszaft.jpg
mobilesuitgundamseeddestinyrengouvszaft2plus.jpg

distantmantra said:
These are what you should look for, then. There's also a Zeta Gundam version called Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam. It got released on the PS2 in North America, I'm not sure about the UK.

gundamseedvszaft.jpg
mobilesuitgundamseeddestinyrengouvszaft2plus.jpg

Pretty sure Uk gundam releases are pretty low in numbers. Doesnt matter too much really. If it aint naruto or dbz it isnt getting a release. Will look into picking atleast one of these up cheap somewhere. Thanks for the reply.

joelseph

Barring the Gundam links right above this post this has been the cleanest picture post thread in the history of GAF! Keep it comin'!

Jason

ps3.jpg

I'd normally be happy but they sold me a used system under the impression that it was new plus $10 more than MSRP.

The store I've been shopping at for years has utterly betrayed my trust. :( I'm going to go back tomorrow and raise some hell.

Top Bottom