• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

Jaagen

For this month, I got the official PS2 component cables and GitS Special edition(below). I also bought Geometry Wars off steam(bought it today so I have something to do untill I get hardware that can run Bioshock) and some posters off of deviant art.

swag_aug.jpg

I was supposed to get my HD set today(32" Tatung, reccomended over at the Norwegian boards), but the shipment was delayed until early September.

Whoa, new iMacs look trippy. I like the overall design, but the black Apple symbol makes it look tacky. Oh well, enjoy your new comp! =)

XSX

Getting My First Paycheck in my life this week means, I will soon be able to post pics.

Expect tons of wii shit.

zoku88

Solideliquid said:
http://img14.imgspot.com/u/07/236/18/PIC0150.jpg
Ugh, I'm so glad my university has a graduate program intended for its graduating undergraduates for EECS. I will never have to takes those.

I might as well say I'm glad I'm not pre-med :lol

How many times can you fit graduate in a sentence?

Rimshot said:
Nice. I never tried the CDZ system. Only have a AES system (cartridge) from when I was small. Are there any big differences in the games from the 2 versions? Except the factthat the cart games were crazy expensive :/ and still are

There were a couple exclusive games for the CDZ, but other than that they were identical but with insultingly long load times.

Rimshot

DXMachina said:
There were a couple exclusive games for the CDZ, but other than that they were identical but with insultingly long load times.

Ok, thank you. Thought there might have been any content change in the different versions of the same games. But good to hear there wasn't anything like that.

Btw, does anybody know if Guilty Gear Accent core is coming so one can play it on the Atomis Wave?

wsippel

Banned
Only got a new iMac and a LaCie d2 Quadra 500GB this month, no games so far. But I can't find a mirror to take a photograph...

Rimshot

Iron_Scimitar said:
GH label but whatever...great game. The recent Chrono Cross thread made me make the purchase. Cracked case FTL.

Ah I hate when that happens. Darn post workers :/ I used to work extra at the big post centre in my old town when I was smaller. And they actually played basketball with the packages. All packages have their own big post bag with the zip code on. So you have to sort them by zip code and the packages get to you on a rolling table. And your actual job is to throw them into the right bag. One has to throw/play hoops since the bags are not as near as they should be ^^;

Rimshot said:
Ah I hate when that happens. Darn post workers :/ I used to work extra at the big post centre in my old town when I was smaller. And they actually played basketball with the packages. All packages have their own big post bag with the zip code on. So you have to sort them by zip code and the packages get to you on a rolling table. And your actual job is to throw them into the right bag. One has to throw/play hoops since the bags are not as near as they should be ^^;

Yeah, i figured postal workers just toss the packages into big ass bins. Oh well. The discs arent damaged so im happy.

pubba

Nice stick, Ravenn17 :D

Finally got GH2 for the 360. It just came out here locally so bought it from the local game shop.
gh2.jpg

Also saw this sitting in the corner, and at only $20USD I thought what the hell? It will give me something to play on my Jap Wii at least..
ddr-mario.jpg

I love my gaming schwag! So have been unashamedly asking for goodies every time I venture into the nearest city for a shopping run. Here is some junk that I picked up this month..
schwag.jpg

Closet Nintendo fanboy. Couldn't resist buying some of this stuff from the night market (Note: This stuff cost $$ but was still super cheap)
ninschwag.jpg

Remember those cool Bioshock pens? I think I found the supplier :D They cost like 5 cents each.. Thought I would pick some up and write BIOSHOCK on the side. Or maybe not..
syringe-pens.jpg
doa-pillows.jpg

DOA pillows were a freebie because I tried to say 'I like DOA!' in Chinese. Ended up saying 'I sleep DOA' but what the hell..

The Crackdown local pre-order bonus was a pair of these fashionable 'imitation leather' (ie: shit) biker gloves.
why-gloves.jpg
360-propogranda.jpg

The 360 Taiwan advertising features a gormless Chinese pop music boy band. Awful stuff..

Heres some more schwag. Halo 2 and DOA A4 plastic sleeves.
doa-slips.jpg

And a closeup of the Mario Bros clocks
mario-clox.jpg

Sorry for all the crap. If it's not allowed, I will edit this post.. Just thought maybe some gaming schwag fans may be interested in the extra stuff..

D:

I love those syringe pens. Too bad the liquid inside evaporates quickly.
Also, I thought those pillows were mousepads.

Nice schwag you picked up. Everyone loves free stuff.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
julygames.jpg

Managed to find a few games I missed during my travels across Europe. Who would have thought a cheap general store in Sweden would be selling a brand new copy of Gitaroo Man and Beyond Good and Evil for around £15 each.

Sagitario

BGBW said:
julygames.jpg

Managed to find a few games I missed during my travels across Europe. Who would have thought a cheap general store in Sweden would be selling a brand new copy of Gitaroo Man and Beyond Good and Evil for around £15 each.

I like the european DoS boxart because it has less characters on the cover... :p

Is that a brand new copy of Metroid? Nice :) ...

I've been searching for Zero Mission and Fusion and I can't find them anywhere :( ...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Farore said:
Is that a brand new copy of Metroid? Nice :) ...

I've been searching for Zero Mission and Fusion and I can't find them anywhere :( ...
£5 at my local Woolworths. They are also selling some DS game for £10 less, like PW2.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Ravenn17 said:
Grey_Fox_edit_4.jpg

Just bumping so MarkMan can see my new stick if he hasn't already. :D

Ravenn17: I'm lovin' the MG stick! OH, I just noticed it's a Byrdo too... X_X must have cost quite a lot! I'm jealous!

Kadey: mmmm big mouth, I mean nice cpu box...

Bliddo

.hacked said:
New puppy for the girlfriend.

http://xs118.xs.to/xs118/07340/izzy01.JPG[/IMG ]

[IMG]http://xs218.xs.to/xs218/07340/izzy02.JPG[/IMG ]

Her name is Izzy.

:D[/QUOTE]
Is the white thing on the floor of the second pic the stuffing of the bunny in the first one? :D

rocK`

Banned
Kadey said:
Number four.

PICTURE OF A LOT OF DSs[/QUOTE]

I really hope whatever you do, you do it well, because running bankrupt due to needing retail therapy is the worst.

I pray you can support your 'hobby'.

.hacked

Bliddo said:
Is the white thing on the floor of the second pic the stuffing of the bunny in the first one? :D

:lol

No it is just another toy, I have to make sure she is nice to that stuff bunny so she turns out to be nice to my bunnies :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Ravenn17 said:
Do you like it with or without the MGS logo?

Either way the red stands out nicely... without the logo it'd be very nice clean/white...

It looks wonderful...

Porkepik

Well I would say:

Bioshock LE for the 360
Resident evil 4 for teh Wii
Metroid Prime 3 for the Wii(oh and a component cable for the wii)
Xbox live 12 month membership+live vision cam(in anticipation of Halo 3) was only a silver member till now

Pictures to follow

Darkpen

Banned
There was a sale at a local video store, selling a bunch of games outside along with VHS and DVDs.

While I wanted to get some movies, I ended up getting 3 games instead.

IMG_1848.jpg

Each was $7.99 :D Oh yeah.

arena08

Darkpen said:
There was a sale at a local video store, selling a bunch of games outside along with VHS and DVDs.

While I wanted to get some movies, I ended up getting 3 games instead.

IMG_1848.jpg

Each was $7.99 :D Oh yeah.

You have spent wisely young one.

Darkpen

Banned
MP2 isn't working properly. There are like... dimples in the disc or something. I had it resurfaced at the place when I saw there were a bunch of scratches, but I sort of expected it to work, but I guess not. It gets up to the point of where Samus's ship sort of lands, and then you get the error screen where the gamecube says that there's something wrong and you need to restart your gamecube.

:|

ugh.

Top Bottom