• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

I'm gonna be broke this month what with getting a new PC, Bioshock and Stranglehold. But this is what I've bought so far.

DSC00008.JPG

Also bought the phone I snapped that photo with. As you can see it creates this awesome grainy effect and funky looking lighting without even thinking twice about it.

Flatout is flatout ultimate. And carnagey. It has now reached the stage where it's Burnout that needs to play catch-up. Haven't tried Kya yet. An online store offered a $5 discount to all customers, so I felt compelled to buy something. What with there apparently never being a Beyond Good & Evil 2 I thought hey, perhaps another French adventurey platformer could fill that void? I'm not really expecting it to though.

I also bought a toaster.

KingJ2002 said:
51S-ocxdgsL._SS500_.jpg

and i think im going to make the plunge and get a blu-ray player... i want that 300 blu-ray
Do we know what's in the 360 CE? Hard Boiled on DVD would be neat. And do we know if there's a CE for PC? I'm guessing no.

jjasper

Picked these up off ebay and they both got in today.

fb21_1.JPG

I didn't really like FF8 when I played it the first time but I wanted to play an jRPG (after taking a break from them for a while) and my tastes have changed considerably since then so I wanted to give it another go.

c2cd_1.JPG

One of my favorites ever and I lost my copy when I moved back from school so I needed to replace it (although now that I have I am sure the 20th aniv. collection will come here)

The Capcom games were all $6 a piece, at their booth, that my friend picked up for me from san diego comic-con

DSC00074-1.jpg

DSC00075-1.jpg

and Hot Fuzz and 300 are downstairs (too lazy to get)

kenta

Has no PEINS
The Take Out Bandit said:
Hey I thought I was the only person in the world that bought this

Edit: Here's mine so far:

992064667_df7830e00b.jpg

Edit again: Aaaaand it's returned as of yesterday

kenta said:
Hey I thought I was the only person in the world that bought this

Yeah, considering the DS version on-line play is pretty broke-dick, and I can never find people to play on-line with; I figured I'd have just as much fun with the PSP version for a third of the price! :p

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Amazon and momprice cometh.

DSC01064-1.jpg

DSC01063-2.jpg

ok got a ps3 check

and my hdmi cable check

now waiting for my TV.....

Barnolde

Banned
VibratingDonkey said:
Do we know what's in the 360 CE? Hard Boiled on DVD would be neat. And do we know if there's a CE for PC? I'm guessing no.

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=117768

No Hard Boiled for 360, no CE for PC:

Poetry In Slow Motion: a behind-the-scenes documentary on the collaboration of Midway and John Woo

Extended Cinematic Sequences: deleted sequences that were not included in the final version of the game

MTV Studio Visit: a documentary illustrating the final moments of the game's development

The Vision of Stranglehold: a look at the progression from concept art to final game

The Sound of Stranglehold: a feature on the game's sound design

Arch

adg1034 said:
Where did your friend get that. Now.

As far as I know, they were only sent Gamestop managers. Maybe other retailers as well. But at least every Gamestop manager in the same little package pictured there. I swiped mine from work because my manager doesn't even play video games.

Roxas

Was a busy day today for the postman at my house...i apologise for the bad pics, they were done on my mobile

04-08-07_0008.jpg

Final Fantasy VII Official Soundtrack

04-08-07_0009.jpg

Final Fantasy VIII Official Soundtrack (i apologise for the apalling pic)

04-08-07_0010.jpg

Final Fantasy IX Official Soundtrack

04-08-07_0006.jpg

Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition

Good game, never really played the remake too much when it was on the PS1 so thought i would give this a spin. The levelling (or lack thereof) system sucks 10 cocks though

04-08-07_0007.jpg

Pokémon Pearl

I think i am the only person on the planet who bought the Pearl version...

pubba

0000050462.jpg

Disclaimer : This post is a subtle, hilarious statement on the futility of posting barely legible pics

pubba

My post was a hilarious, subtle statement on the futility of posting pictures that are barely visible :D

In other news : I haven't bought any gaming related stuff yet this month (insert sad face)

pubba said:
My post was a hilarious, subtle statement on the futility of posting pictures that are barely visible :D

In other news : I haven't bought any gaming related stuff yet this month (insert sad face)

Hm. Should've posted a disclaimer with it that way I wouldn't have thought you to be completely retarded.

jjasper

dude where is Killzone Liberation $15? I have wanted to pick that up forever but didn't want to pay full price.

jjasper said:
dude where is Killzone Liberation $15? I have wanted to pick that up forever but didn't want to pay full price.

You live in Canada? Because EB's here have a number of PSP and PS2 (GH) titles all going for 15$

I missed out on 20$ Gitaroo Man PSP :( Almost bought it one day, set aside, came back a day or two later and the lone copy was gone.

MarkMan said:
To prove that idiots still exist :(

I swear it's like the boxart threads. No one reads the first post and...

[insert random game title here] IZ COMING OUT THIS MONTH!?!?!?! WHOA I THOUGHT IT WSN'T COMING OUT UNTIL 2010!!!1!1!!!

Lo-Volt

MarkMan said:
To prove that idiots still exist :(

Maybe people don't want to have to show pictures of their homes or rooms just to say what they got this month. Not trying to be rude. A "show us your setup" thread, to defend myself preemptively, is meant to show that sort of thing, so people who want to post in that thread would want to post their homes in the first place. But I dunno that people who only expect to say what they got in a thread would always want to show their desks or something.

Lo-Volt said:
Maybe people don't want to have to show pictures of their homes or rooms just to say what they got this month. Not trying to be rude.

If you're not going to post ACTUAL pictures in a thread where you are supposed to post ACTUAL pictures, why bother posting in the thread? Some people obviously do it because they don't bother to READ the first post.

And honestly how much are you seeing of peoples homes? Not much--a bit of desk here, a biological hazard of a keyboard there...

pubba said:
Fixed. Is that a Ralph Steadman avatar?

I don't think so (don't know who that is). It was originally a picture of my college's unofficial mascot, but as you can see someone here at GAF killzone'd it for me.

I would've gotten Bomberman PSP, but then I figured that I might as well as get Bomberman Live on the 360...

Speaking of which, I now own an Xbox 360, along with...

Gears of War
Viva Pinata
Kameo
Tenchu Z
Bomberman Live
Castlevania - Symphony of the Night

I also got more games for my PSP

Daxter
Ratchet and Clank - Size Matters
Loco Roco

If anyone wants me on their friends list (Like anyone cares) its Bartman3010

Pharmacy

Banned
Bartman3010 said:
I would've gotten Bomberman PSP, but then I figured that I might as well as get Bomberman Live on the 360...

Speaking of which, I now own an Xbox 360, along with...

Gears of War
Viva Pinata
Kameo
Tenchu Z
Bomberman Live
Castlevania - Symphony of the Night

I also got more games for my PSP

Daxter
Ratchet and Clank - Size Matters
Loco Roco

If anyone wants me on their friends list (Like anyone cares) its Bartman3010

Your supposed to post pictures

wotter

A wireless range extender to extend the range of my wireless network. Works quite well since i can go online and download with my ps3 downstairs without a hiccup now :).

i6974_sitecom.jpg

Top Bottom