• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

***NeoGAF: BELIEVE*** - The OFFICIAL NeoGAF Guild For World of Warcraft

Pollux

Kintaro said:
I may be doing this with my warrior alt. I don't want the guild become filled with alts of alts so I'm just going solo. I think I'll level up through dungeons/battlegrounds on the warrior. =D Female Tauren Warrior ftw.
Honestly....I really couldn't give a damn about my "main" toon until Pandaria comes out. And even then I don't really care b/c I'll have one of these toons to 85.

Basically what I'm saying is that I'm pretty much making one of these two my main. Eventually I'll roll a hunter over here because that's my "bread and butter" so to speak but for now I'm content with a mage and a warlock.

Hey I went ahead and made a toon on Area52. I can't guarantee how often I'll be on, but send me an invite. BrazenHussy is the name! I have some alliance characters on Thunderlord, but I'm not really interested in paying money right now to faction change and transfer servers.

IsayFever

WELL IT FINALLY HAPPENED!

I hit level 60 earlier tonight. Calling it for the weekend, catch up people! Need dungeon partners.

iamblades

IsayFever said:
WELL IT FINALLY HAPPENED!

I hit level 60 earlier tonight. Calling it for the weekend, catch up people! Need dungeon partners.

I'll be there before too long. Wouldve been there already but Ive been goofing off with professions. 300 skinning, fishing, and cooking at level 44. :D

Loxley

Yeah, I'm not going to go so far as to say that Corncrispies will be 60 by the end of the weekend, but I am getting my new PC today which will likely do nothing but encourage me to play more to see WoW in all it's DX11 glory.

killthekampers

Neo Member
Anyone going to be later so I could get a guild invite? Just got out of basic training and I'm looking for a new start on a new server so why not join you guys

notworksafe

If you want an invite, it's probably not too helpful to ask in this thread.

When you make your character, type /who neogaf in the chatbox and then ask any of the names that come up for a guild invite (and give your neogaf username).

Pollux

notworksafe said:
If you want an invite, it's probably not too helpful to ask in this thread.

When you make your character, type /who neogaf in the chatbox and then ask any of the names that come up for a guild invite (and give your neogaf username).
What he said...although I'm getting on right now, if that helps at all.

I just signed up. I'm Backes, an orc shaman. Got an annual subscription, so that should hopefully encourage me to finally get up to max level on one character or another (never made it to 50 before).

aktham

I was trying to deposit some gold for everybody to use or buy a few guild tabs, but I guess I don't have the privileges to do that.

Guesong

Hmm, might be interested in re-subbing...starting all anew could be a good idea.

What are the classes and professions BELIEVE are the most lacking in atm?

bunbun777

Andiie said:
I put more glyphs in the guild bank so don't forget that they're there. Sorry about the mess. :p

Were you the one that put those mage glyphs in the bank? Thanks!! I snagged the evocation and arcane missiles.

Bunbunny has hit 42.

notworksafe

aktham said:
I was trying to deposit some gold for everybody to use or buy a few guild tabs, but I guess I don't have the privileges to do that.
Yeah I was going to mention this to keeb when he gets on. Every rank should have the power to deposit into the guild bank.

I think bank tab buying is restricted to guild masters only though. Not sure if that can be added to other ranks.

Made about 750g now in guild auction house playing. Not too bad. I guess I've still got it!

Guesong said:
Hmm, might be interested in re-subbing...starting all anew could be a good idea.

What are the classes and professions BELIEVE are the most lacking in atm?

Probably lock or rogue. There were a bunch of rogues, but none are very high level compared to the main pack now which is mid-30s to 40s.

Pollux

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Probably lock or rogue. There were a bunch of rogues, but none are very high level compared to the main pack now which is mid-30s to 40s.
Is the main pack really mid 30s to 40s? I need to get back to seriously leveling and stop fishing then.

McNei1y

zmoney said:
Is the main pack really mid 30s to 40s? I need to get back to seriously leveling and stop fishing then.

I'd say its more around Upper 20's to Upper 30's. At least that's what it was a day or two ago.

Go Rogue or Warrior. I don't know who's what profession though. I'm going to go LW and Skinning. I'm Mining and Skinning right now, just to get some money.

Pollux

McNei1y said:
I'd say its more around Upper 20's to Upper 30's. At least that's what it was a day or two ago.

Go Rogue or Warrior. I don't know who's what profession though. I'm going to go LW and Skinning. I'm Mining and Skinning right now, just to get some money.
How much can you make on LW on higher levels?

iamblades

McNei1y said:
Not sure. I've never been one past 300ish. I'd hope they'd make some money though lol.

Well everyone (who isn't a clothie) has to buy leg armor enchants from you, so that's a decent enough guaranteed income stream. The higher level armors are pretty much always profitable, but its a lot of work to where you can get to where you can make much worthwhile.

i was able to ding 26 tonight right before going to work on brazenhussy. I feel like i have a lot of catching up to do, but i really enjoy tanking the early levels. once I get to end game, I get overwhelmed with pressure to improve gear and not screw up. if I max out this character, I might even start another one for fun.

I think i'm at about 50 gold right now, lol. But that's from starting completely from scratch on a different server. No resources from high level toons, no BoA gear. I've just been selling what I can here and there on the AH.

Kintaro said:
Hit 52 tonight. Feels good. Almost to Outland. /slits wrists.
I would just level through the dungeon finder if the questing is that painful. But that also depends on if you can heal/tank. I would quest over long queues, or quest during the wait.

Switching topics, at a low level with no gold, there is almost no way to pay for most glyphs on the AH. But I could probably afford to buy the individual mats if someone can make a glyph for me.

Eniek, can you make the hammer of the righteous glyph yet?

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Deputy Moonman said:
Eniek, can you make the hammer of the righteous glyph yet?

Sorry, not yet. I'm only at 250, wowhead says 430. :/
I'm not sure I've even got many Pally ones yet, being one myself, I don't remember seeing anything that great from what I've learnt.

The next few skill levels seem pretty easy it's just a matter of how quickly I can level myself.

Andiie said:
Sorry, not yet. I'm only at 250, wowhead says 430. :/
I'm not sure I've even got many Pally ones yet, being one myself, I don't remember seeing anything that great from what I've learnt.

The next few skill levels seem pretty easy it's just a matter of how quickly I can level myself.
That's cool. I didn't even think to check the level requirement.

notworksafe

Oh I do have Tailoring and Enchanting if anyone needs something made (or disenchanted). So just let me know in chat or in-game mail if you need something.

I'm Moneystacks by the way.

yukonrye

Kintaro said:
Hit 52 tonight. Feels good. Almost to Outland. /slits wrists.

Yeah...I'm only at 23 and I'm already dreading Outland. The only zones I care about are Zangarmarsh, Nagrand, and Blade's Edge. It think I can just do those three anyway to get to Northrend.

notworksafe

Outlands leveling is so easy now that two zones and a 2-3 dungeon runs will get you to 68 without issue. No need to dread it anymore. Just go right to Zang to make it easier on yourself and you'll be much happier.

I'm only at 20 sadly. If I could play for more than 2ish hours at a time I'd be much higher. Grrr...

Pollux

notworksafe said:
Outlands leveling is so easy now that two zones and a 2-3 dungeon runs will get you to 68 without issue. No need to dread it anymore. Just go right to Zang to make it easier on yourself and you'll be much happier.

I'm only at 20 sadly. If I could play for more than 2ish hours at a time I'd be much higher. Grrr...
Same. And if I didn't feel the need to lvl my warlock and mage equally I would have one much higher.

I also discovered fishing. Which has been a huge time sponge during the time that I actually do get to play lol. I always ignored it because I never saw the point, and now because this reroll is about doing thing I never really did (like playing a mage) I'm trying professions I never did.

I'm actually enjoying the game a lot more than when I just focused on leveling at the expense of everything else.

McNei1y

notworksafe said:

I just played for a good hour or two and got about 4 levels. The 20ish level dungeons and Stonetalon have a lot of quests grouped together.

notworksafe

Yeah if all my time online was devoted to questing and dungeoning I'd be higher. I've been playing the AH a lot lately though, and it's serving me well. Made about 300g for my personal stash and a little over 900g for the guild.

I'd do more dungeons but at the moment I've got a nasty hip injury and sometimes when it gets really painful I just have to go lay down. I'd hate to join a random group and then have to bail in the middle of a dungeon if the pain flares up. So I'd prefer to group up with guild people since they'd (hopefully) be a bit more understanding.

Next time I'm on...questing in Ashenvale!

Miletius

Just stuck my toe in Dungeons and am tanking, so if GAF wants to get their dungeon on (and are around the same level) I'm game. I'm 35ish or so right now.

yukonrye

zmoney said:
Same. And if I didn't feel the need to lvl my warlock and mage equally I would have one much higher.

I'd be higher too if I wasn't taking time to level up goblins, each class, one after the other until each completes the starting zone. It's fun repeating the same area over again in quick succession. You get a real sense of the differences in the classes. I guess paladin and druid will have to go to Tauren and Troll.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm actually really enjoying no heirlooms. It makes it challenging and lets me experience more of a zone before moving on.

aktham

I'm in the process of getting raid ready tank-wise. By the time some of you guys start hitting 85. I should be ready for current raid content. Zelda, UMvC3 and Uncharted 3 will occupy most of my gaming time tho.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need something ran :)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Tamanon said:
I'm actually really enjoying no heirlooms. It makes it challenging and lets me experience more of a zone before moving on.

I enjoy it for different reason : Upgrading all my gear through quests and dungeons rather than only half of it because heirlooms are too good and there is so many of them.

If i was Blizzard, i would downgrade the strength of heirloom gear to green quality instead of blue, but keep the +% XP bonus.
At least make people choose between getting stronger(blue gear) or getting more xp(heirloom).

I've mainly been tanking instances. I'm at 27 right now. Anytime you guys see me online and want to party up, let me know. Although I'm coming down with a cold, or worse, the flu. So i don't know if I'll be on much tomorrow or not. We'll see.
Bisnic said:
I enjoy it for different reason : Upgrading all my gear through quests and dungeons rather than only half of it because heirlooms are too good and there is so many of them.

If i was Blizzard, i would downgrade the strength of heirloom gear to green quality instead of blue, but keep the +% XP bonus.
At least make people choose between getting stronger(blue gear) or getting more xp(heirloom)
I like this idea. Makes a lot more sense, and it would make the leveling experience with heirlooms a little more interesting.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Currently at 54 on my Shaman, 5 bars until 55. finished off Winterspring. I guess its time for Blasted Lands.

yukonrye

If any of you tailors want to take some of the cloth in the gbank and make some decent size bags (14+ slots) that'd be awesome. Bag prices on this server are crazy.

Also, which add-ons are people using? Is auctioneer still the shit or has something better come along?

McNei1y

yukonrye said:
Also, which add-ons are people using? Is auctioneer still the shit or has something better come along?

Auctioneer is still the shit.

My addons:

DBM
Fubar
Mapster
Auctioneer
Shadowed Unit Frames
Recount
Omen
Quartz

and I use bartender or dominoes for my bars when I start raiding.

notworksafe

Auctioneer is too slow and it's additional addons aren't too hot.

I use:

Mapster
Auctionator
Quartz
Postal
Bagnon
DBM
a few Broker addons

McNei1y

notworksafe said:
Auctioneer is too slow and it's additional addons aren't too hot.

I use:

Mapster
Auctionator
Quartz
Postal
Bagnon
DBM
a few Broker addons

What's auctionator? I do agree that Auctioneer is slow as shit and it takes "hours" to refresh a scan so I am open to other auction addons. Is auctionator basically the same thing?

notworksafe

Auctionator is just a streamlined version of an auction addon (a full AH scan with Auctionator took about 15 seconds for me on A52). Very good imo. Does AH scans, shows auction and DE price on an item's tooltip, checks for undercuts on your auctions, auto undercuts when posting, etc.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/auctionator

One other thing I like about it is that you can click the "AH" button next to any item in your (or anyone's linked) crafting window and it'll tell you the price of every mat involved with making that item on the AH.

Top Bottom