• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

***NeoGAF: BELIEVE*** - The OFFICIAL NeoGAF Guild For World of Warcraft

McNei1y

People who sell guild sigs are amazing. Just created a toon to get 200g free. I'm afraid at how high the economy is here. I wonder what the average amount of gold is on this server.

yukonrye

I noticed that all the new toons I've made get hit with a guild invite the moment they enter the game for the first time. Is this something that Blizzard has implemented or do the people sending this crap have some way to see when a new/guildless player logs in?

notworksafe

200g is a lot. Sure it wasn't a gold farming guild?

But either way the average gold on A52 is huuuge. I know I've got almost 200k on my characters combined.

McNei1y

notworksafe said:
200g is a lot. Sure it wasn't a gold farming guild?

But either way the average gold on A52 is huuuge. I know I've got almost 200k on my characters combined.

He possibly could've been from one. I just saw "WTB Guild Sig for 200g" in trade and I immediately created a new toon without hesitation.

200k is a lot... wtf.

notworksafe

McNei1y said:
He possibly could've been from one. I just saw "WTB Guild Sig for 200g" in trade and I immediately created a new toon without hesitation.

200k is a lot... wtf.
Yeah was probably a gold farming guild. 200g is nothing to those dudes. And that's 200k across five characters, all but one above 70 with high level professions. I'm sure others have way more because they've put more work into it than I have.

notworksafe said:
Yeah was probably a gold farming guild. 200g is nothing to those dudes. And that's 200k across five characters, all but one above 70 with high level professions. I'm sure others have way more because they've put more work into it than I have.

I've made 30-35k or so, maybe a little less, in approximately a month since I resubbed on October 1st. A lot has just been selling stuff I already had though, so I haven't really put any actual "work" in at all.

I'm sure if the JC market was less competitive on my server and/or we weren't so late in the patch cycle that I could be making a ton more. But averaging 7k net income a week isn't too bad. I don't even bother to make the most of my alchemy cooldowns, and I don't use inscription at all really, even though I have it completely maxed.

The money just builds though. The more you have, the more you can make since you can afford to buy more things off the AH to turn for a profit, be that just reselling, or prospecting, milling, DEing, whatever.

iamblades

CarbonatedFalcon said:
I've made 30-35k or so, maybe a little less, in approximately a month since I resubbed on October 1st. A lot has just been selling stuff I already had though, so I haven't really put any actual "work" in at all.

I'm sure if the JC market was less competitive on my server and/or we weren't so late in the patch cycle that I could be making a ton more. But averaging 7k net income a week isn't too bad. I don't even bother to make the most of my alchemy cooldowns, and I don't use inscription at all really, even though I have it completely maxed.

The money just builds though. The more you have, the more you can make since you can afford to buy more things off the AH to turn for a profit, be that just reselling, or prospecting, milling, DEing, whatever.

Yeah once you have decent seed money you can make steady cash just from buying out undercutters and relisting for market rates. You are only likely to earn like 5-10% on these typs of transactions after fees so you need to have a lot of capital to put to work at any one time.

Not sure what I was thinking this morning. I've had this really bad cold since Monday and it doesn't appear to be going away anytime soon. But I get home from work and start tanking some randoms while at the same time coughing my lungs out. Gonna try and get some rest now.

Pollux

nataku said:
Only 1% left until the guild levels up.
woot. I'll try and get on later and run some dungeons. Been busy as hell all week but should have some free time tonight.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Lvl 2 now! Only 23 to go! Maybe with luck we'll get it before 2013!. :p

I'm having a lot of fun with my DK, it's one of the few class that i haven't played up to lvl 85. The other being warlock. Tanking is quite fun with that class too.

Can't wait to get into Northrend so i can get rid of my clown set. White boots, brown pants, red chest, gray/blue shoulders, purple gloves that do not go well together. At least Northrend gear, even with different colors, seems to better match together.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Last night was the most fun I've had with the dungeon queue ever. So much fun. Found a group and we just decimated. =D

I've been living in the dungeon finder when i'm online. It's not exactly what I had planned on doing when I resubbed, but I'm having a ton of fun tanking with the pally. It feels good when people appreciate you for doing a good job, too. When a healer randomly bails during trash pulls, and even some boss pulls, it's not an oh shit moment. It's more like, "we can do this!"

G-Fex said:
man I suck at leveling my lock :\
What level are you and what spec did you go with? My main is/was a lock since vanilla wow and i've messed around with all 3 specs at one time or another. Sometimes leveling is just a slow process if you are unfamiliar with questing and where to go at what level.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
G-Fex said:

I don't find them particularly fun to play at low level. When I played one recently I found them to be very underpowered compared to other classes.
Their dps is so rubbish for ages. Seriously, I was embarrassed running dungeons with peeps 'cause I was rolling well under 50% of their dmg. I think it's because the ramp up time they need, since a lot of their dps comes from dots. It was the one class I struggled to keep excited with playing.

Should have seen them that last patch before Cata. It was glorious. You could pretty much 1-2 shot anything at 60 as destro.

Should try and find yourself a level buddy if you're interested or get someone to carry you through instances to a level where you find it easier. ;)

They are pretty fun at higher levels, not so much for dps but you get more tools to screw around with which just makes it all the more interesting.

Entropia

No One Remembers
onemic said:
Anyone think the 1.3 patch is coming out tuesday? I was background downloading the patch yesterday.

4.3 is still like a month away or so... they're still doing testing on the bosses.

And, I don't even think that the Darkmoon Faire has been implemented yet.

G-Fex said:

Go Affliction -> DoT shit up -> Win

The other specs are insanely boring because they rely on you getting abilities for talents much later on.

G-Fex

I've been dissapointed with how slow it's been leveling, I think I'm just going to reroll completely.

I did, a troll druid, Alterbeast

RedGamer

Neo Member
I'm so tempted to start a new character for this NeoGAF guild. But on the other hand, I don't know if I want to leave my current lodgings on Drak'Tharon-US. On one hand, fail raiding in Firelands has driven me crazy, so being able to just relax would be nice.

Does the server Neogaf Believe is on have a good raiding setup?

RedGamer said:
I'm so tempted to start a new character for this NeoGAF guild. But on the other hand, I don't know if I want to leave my current lodgings on Drak'Tharon-US. On one hand, fail raiding in Firelands has driven me crazy, so being able to just relax would be nice.

Does the server Neogaf Believe is on have a good raiding setup?

Area 52 is one of the most populous Horde-dominated servers. So yes.

McNei1y

Ugh, I've been slacking and the lame thing is that I'm going to continue to slack for the next few weeks now that my shitstorm of schoolwork is finally piling on. FML

G-Fex

Yeah I'm doing a lot better with my druid progress. I've leveled so many druids in the past I never got any of them past 50 I think.

Kaper

I wish I had as much disposable income as some of these people I've played with on WoW. A guy in my guild, who never gave off any warning in his behavior up and ninja transferred all his characters. 150 bucks to xfer all his 85s. I'd much rather just xfer one character and buy a couple new fall releases.

I had a pretty entertaining Dire Maul run tonight while tanking. On the last boss, people pulled, I assume on accident, 2 extra packs and one of those big tree elementals during the encounter. Managed to keep aggro and stay alive by using a heath potion, lay on hands, word of glory, and then spamming flash of light. Once I realized that we weren't going to wipe i started doing some /cheering before all the mobs were dead. We finished the whole run in about 30 minutes, which isn't bad for clearing every boss and the group being all randoms. I had to go to work and the timing worked out perfectly, so that I wasn't late.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Deputy Moonman said:
I had a pretty entertaining Dire Maul run tonight while tanking. On the last boss, people pulled, I assume on accident, 2 extra packs and one of those big tree elementals during the encounter. Managed to keep aggro and stay alive by using a heath potion, lay on hands, word of glory, and then spamming flash of light. Once I realized that we weren't going to wipe i started doing some /cheering before all the mobs were dead. We finished the whole run in about 30 minutes, which isn't bad for clearing every boss and the group being all randoms. I had to go to work and the timing worked out perfectly, so that I wasn't late.
If you didn't clear adds around Alzzin he'll aggro them when he summons imps.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Deputy Moonman said:
That must have been what happened, but it made for a fun run :)
It's kind of funny how harsh it can be for a new tank 1-60. You realize fast that you can skip mobs but that boss and SM Cath will aggro a lot.

Can't think of any other 1-60.

Pollux

echoshifting said:
So far so good!

zmoney, my main is now Zekko, troll warlock.
OK. I'll update that now.

I haven't been on in over a week I think b/c of school, but yea people are staying active. Although this weekend I do have free time but that gets devoured by Skyrim. I'm sure y'all understand...?

G-Fex

zmoney said:

I haven't been on in over a week I think b/c of school, but yea people are staying active. Although this weekend I do have free time but that gets devoured by Skyrim. I'm sure y'all understand...?

As mine is my druid troll. Alterbeast

deleted my lock :)

Pollux

G-Fex said:
As mine is my druid troll. Alterbeast

deleted my lock :)
Will update later today. If I forget shoot me a PM. I'm on my phone and am in that Edward norton from fight club stage where he is zoned out watching infomercials. That's me right now.

Ryan_

Loxley said:
You excited for Dire Maul???

These were awesome times though. For me personally, WoW will never be as good as
Vanilla. But that has a lot to do with me and my best friends playing together. Nothing beats playing with friends.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I got my Inscription skill caught up to my herbalism and level last night. If I hop on tonight I'll push my leveling more so.

zmoney said:

The casual "whatevs" nature of this guild is one of its most attractive qualities. I don't think anyone here cares if people get sucked into different games or don't pop in for awhile.

Top Bottom