• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Champions League (FIFA 09)

k0ji-wd

Fifty said:
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/schedule/date/gamestats.asp?lid=2692&did=127112&gid=1904437

If someone gives up mid match, they shouldn't be in the league. If someone is trying 100% and gives up 9 goals, they should take the controller away from their 2 year old.

to be fair, i don't think he totally gave up, he did try to make plays even at 7-0 down. . .although i guess the score kinda makes it hard to believe

he also almost nailed my keeper from about 50 yards out :lol

woodchuck

i wouldn't go that far.

online, i've lost some pretty nasty matches myself (8-0, 7-1). sometimes, those things just happen.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
fifty is just a fiery commissioner

slaughter2.jpg

Fifty

Well done Strike V. You beat me in the rematch. It was a really tight contest, but you deserved the win.

Though I have to admit, I was extremely frustrated. First off with myself, for playing so blandly. I didn't use a single move that game. The right stick moves that is. Granted, I didn't see you going all Ronaldinho on my ass, but since I wasn't scoring goals,I should have tried to be more creative.

Iker played like he did in the Euro Cup, and that denied me getting on the board early.

But those I can rationalize. I can live with those issues more than I can live with the bullshit referee in this game. Sure it only happened once, but it was enough to leave a mark.

I was breaking in with Tevez, only to get stepped on, stumble a bit as the advantage is put up and I'm allowed to play on..I travel a few feet forward with the ball, but because the ball is more than a couple inches away from my feet, they blow the MFing whistle and instead of a clean breakaway, I get a shitty 35 yard FK. It should have waited for you to touch the ball before the whistle was blown. It was complete bullshit. Now I probably wouldn't have scored, and the game would still have been 2-0, but come on!

P.S: Strike, keep this up and you could be Portsmouth 2.0! Next time try scoring 9 on me like a real elite team.

woodchuck

Fifty: you up for a exhibition? i need to test out my tactics with as many people as possible. my season is on the line tomorrow against sneaky!

Fifty

woodchuck said:
Fifty: you up for a exhibition? i need to test out my tactics with as many people as possible. my season is on the line tomorrow against sneaky!

Must sleep. Sorry!

k0ji-wd

woodchuck said:

i'll play if you want, i just gotta quickly get some stuff done

k0ji-wd

crazy game, woodchuck was 2-0 up, I got it back to 2-2, then he misses a penalty with Juninho with the last kick of the game, we go to extra time and he barely misses the goal, I break and sneak a 3-2 win with big John Carew

that shit was intense

and chuck your new tactics seem to revolve around counter attacking a lot right? i think you'd be better off trying to let Govou and Benzema make the runs and have Juninho stay back a little bit and try to deliver a ball into them instead of charging forward with Juninho himself since his slow and FIFA tends to make the attackers stop and check their runs if the player you're controlling is charging on forward

woodchuck

hmmm. i'll keep that in mind. thanks for the advice.

i checked the stats. carew has 92 balance and 96 strength. no wonder :lol

itxaka

Defeatist
Fifty said:
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/schedule/date/gamestats.asp?lid=2692&did=127112&gid=1904437

If someone gives up mid match, they shouldn't be in the league. If someone is trying 100% and gives up 9 goals, they should take the controller away from their 2 year old.

the fuck is your problem?

were you there watching the game? then SFTU.

I keep on trying even with 7-0 as my rival told you, but I took the opportunity to play with my tactics and personal tactics when I was already 4-0 as I knew I didn't have any opportunity to win, but at least could try some new tactics against a good rival.

And as you can see those tactics didn't help a bit, but at least I keep on trying.

:lol

I didn't even know this thread was updated. It was a good game Fifty, you had some great opportunities to tie it up. Of course Raul was playing like garbage for me, he could have scored a brace on a good night. Oh well, 6-0-1! :D

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Daigoro is pretty good, I had trouble against him and NE is a 2.5 star team, I think he'd do a lot better with a 'real' team.

Anyways got lucky but he made some good passes and jumped out early to a 1-0 lead. Freaked me out but luckily I got Dinho and Kaka.

Need to win the rest of my games to make the playoffs, it's gonna be tough.

I think i have crossbar fever. Even in single player lately every shot is crossbar or sidepost. 15-20 shots on goal and nothing to show. you think manual will help that?

woodchuck

We are pleased to announce a game update for FIFA 09 on Xbox360 and PS3, hopefully arriving sometime next week. In line with community feedback, we have spent time improving the gameplay experience and addressed the following problems:

- Fixed side-stepping issue on lofted through balls
Fixing the issue where a player sidesteps when trying to control a lofted through ball instead of running straight onto it and controlling it, was a top priority for the EAC development team. We’re happy to say that the team at EAC has been able to fix this problem and it will be included in the game update.

- Improved advantage rule: fixed goals being called back for free kicks
There was a problem in the advantage rule whereby the referee would call back a goal if it was scored when the advantage was being played. Instead the referee would give a FK or a PK to the fouled player. This issue has been resolved in the game update. Goals that are going in when a foul is committed will count when they score.

- Improved number assigning in Manager Mode
When signing a player in Manager Mode the player now makes a more sensible decision, based on this position, on which number he would like, whereas previously he would always take the number 2.

- Allowed up to 8 user-controlled teams in Tournament Mode
After installing the game update it will be possible to play in Tournament Mode with up to 8 user-controlled teams. This gives the option to host bigger events with your friends to compete in offline-tournaments. Have fun!

- Removed ability to bring custom teams into Online ranked matches
Everybody has the option to transfer players in his favorite team and create his own custom dream team. This is an option we want to offer everybody to enjoy the feeling of creating own teams and play matches online or offline. When it comes to ranked competitive online matches we think only real teams should compete against each other to keep everybody’s chances even. So with the update it is no longer possible to enter a ranked match with a custom created team. You will still be able to upload your customized team online as in customized starting line-up with the existing players of that team’s roster

- Fixed Stadium 23.Maj lag issue
We fixed a major frame rate issue in 23.Maj stadium.

- Fixed join issue in Online Team Play Lobbies
A game hang issue occurred during search for available OTP game sections within the lobby rooms has been resolved.

that was posted on november 14th, so it might be coming this week

wtf. nothing about the invisible player thing?

I'll post on the new page: To prevent the invisible player glitch, don't skip the cutscene that introduces the subs. Or maybe don't sub in 3 people at the same time. I don't know if it'll work, but it's worth a try.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck said:
that was posted on november 14th, so it might be coming this week

wtf. nothing about the invisible player thing?

I'll post on the new page: To prevent the invisible player glitch, don't skip the cutscene that introduces the subs. Or maybe don't sub in 3 people at the same time. I don't know if it'll work, but it's worth a try.

oh EA

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
probably, that place is a wasteland. improved number assigning, yay! go play a real franchise sim like football manager.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
woodchuck said:
half of it is probably the dumbass users on the fifa 09 board. they complain on and on about player kit editing in MM and ignore the real issues

Actually I'm impressed there's even a patch coming since it's EA. The advantage rule is a big problem, I beat vivanticon thanks to that little glitch lol

Exypher said:
Added cjelly and Level 8 Boss to my friends list, hope we can get our games in soon :)

Well I'm having problems with my live, I've contacted Microsoft, so hopefully this gets resolved quicklly. Villa and Silva are itching to get back on the pitch.

Tf53

Level 8 Boss said:
Well I'm having problems with my live, I've contacted Microsoft, so hopefully this gets resolved quicklly. Villa and Silva are itching to get back on the pitch.
Have you still had problems today? Major Nelson said that they had issues over the weekend, but they should be solved now.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I disconnected several times over the weekend too, luckily it was just while I was playing Mirror's Edge but I like to be signed into live to see what my buds are playing...and when you get an achievement it puts a date on it.

Fifty

:lol :lol :lol So I guess I suck now. 3 straight losses! That's what I get for picking Man U!

At least the game looked beautiful on my brand new 1080p TV

Daigoro

Tf53 said:
By the way, I bought a longer RJ45 cable and hooked up my 360 directly to my modem. Haven't been getting the "session no longer available" messages anymore in quick ranked matches. Daigoro, we should try to hook up one of these days, maybe we'll even get to play each other this time. :lol

cool, yeah lets try to get a game in finally.

N.A said:
I'm definately going to pick a 4 or 5 star team next season.

i hear that! with you 100% man.

ChrisGoldstein said:
Daigoro is pretty good, I had trouble against him and NE is a 2.5 star team, I think he'd do a lot better with a 'real' team.

Anyways got lucky but he made some good passes and jumped out early to a 1-0 lead. Freaked me out but luckily I got Dinho and Kaka.

Need to win the rest of my games to make the playoffs, it's gonna be tough.

thanks for the props. GG Chris.

i do feel competitive (even though i havent one a game yet!), especially in my last 4 or so games. i just have a real tough time finishing 90% of those golden opportunities that are presented to me and its killing my chances at a win.

and fucking Ronaldihno. christ! i was feeling like a champ holding you to 1-0 for a bit there and then he busts out with some ridiculous shit. harsh man. :lol

woodchuck

did you try loading your fifa 09 profile?

My fifa 09 > fifa 09 profiles > profile manager

i had the same thing happen earlier today, and i just loaded my profile

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
/sigh more losses. I was close to at least tying with Liverpool, held them off till like the 89th min. I guess i'm just not as good at this game as i thought.

k0ji-wd

zombieshavebrains said:
/sigh more losses. I was close to at least tying with Liverpool, held them off till like the 89th min. I guess i'm just not as good at this game as i thought.

i d/c before sorry bout that, u still around? my xbl started actin' up again but i'm down for a few more 1v1s

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Well i'm around but i'm working on some papers that are due. I was lagging SO bad during that game lol. Must be the distance from me to aussieland :p

woodchuck

k0ji-wd said:
and chuck your new tactics seem to revolve around counter attacking a lot right? i think you'd be better off trying to let Govou and Benzema make the runs and have Juninho stay back a little bit and try to deliver a ball into them instead of charging forward with Juninho himself since his slow and FIFA tends to make the attackers stop and check their runs if the player you're controlling is charging on forward

damn man. in my league match today, i follow this advice and put Govou at CF to pair him with benzema. he scored 2 goals because he's so much faster compared to juninho in the same position. i just did some long though passes and he could track it down. thanks for the advice!

i needed that win badly. i'm still in the playoff hunt.

k0ji-wd

woodchuck said:
damn man. in my league match today, i follow this advice and put Govou at CF to pair him with benzema. he scored 2 goals because he's so much faster compared to juninho in the same position. i just did some long though passes and he could track it down. thanks for the advice!

i needed that win badly. i'm still in the playoff hunt.

my next piece of advice for you is: forget everything i said next time we play

Tf53

k0ji-wd said:
my next piece of advice for you is: forget everything i said next time we play
Teach me, oh wise one.

I had the worst command lag ever. Whenever I saw an opening and pressed a button to take advantage of it, the player took two steps and passed, almost inevitably, to one of your guys. I was so pissed off by the end of the game that I just wanted to yell expletives after curse words after foul language. Shitpissfuckcuntcocksuckermotherfuckertitsfartturdytwat.

Good game, though. It would've been a different game if I could've scored from the one chance I had at 1-0. Fuck. Fuck fuckety fuck fuck.

Top Bottom