• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Champions League (FIFA 09)

Exypher

good game cjelly, it's a good thing crosses are a lot harder to score from in Fifa '09 because you made quite some wing plays :) although I don't think the win was undeserved.

Level 8 Boss, when will you be available to play our match? I'm probably available tomorrow if that suits you.

FF_VIII said:
Good game with dk, lost 4-0 :D

3-0 down after 9 minutes :lol

Not far off my game with him afterwards. His first 4 shots all ended up as goals.

Yet I go and win the second half 1 -0. That's the only positive I've got.

I don't really think I deserved the beating.

FF_VIII

Banned
Larsen, gimme 2 minutes. My modem just switched off and now it won't connect to XBL.

"Your console is connected to the internet but can't contact XBL"

Edit:working now

FF_VIII

Banned
Good game Larsen :D

Man, I'm far too inconsistent. I'll win lose one game then win the other. Hanging on fora playoff place in 8th.

Exypher said:
good game cjelly, it's a good thing crosses are a lot harder to score from in Fifa '09 because you made quite some wing plays :) although I don't think the win was undeserved.

Level 8 Boss, when will you be available to play our match? I'm probably available tomorrow if that suits you.

Unavailable tomorrow. This weekend will be patchy for me. Just add me, and grap me if you see me.

woodchuck

from the LD site:

In approximately 9 hours, 51 min, from Fri Nov 21 02:00:00 MST 2008 to approximately Fri Nov 21 04:00:00 MST 2008 our server will be down for scheduled maintenance.

just a heads up for the euros. i think that's 9 am GMT to 11am GMT

Daigoro

3 games left this week for me.

sneaky and i should hook up soon, we have compatible schedules.

cheesybread hasnt accepted my FR on live yet. Rob Monge i havent seen online at all the few times ive been on this week (we'll need to plan better).

lets wrap these games up guys.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Me and woodchuck will prolly get ours tonight, I just need to play Roodster and I'm done for the month.

Sad, sad season for Coach Chris. He can't close the deal.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I gotta play sub manager Magicked & Arsenal. I'll catch you on IM Magicked if I don't catch you here. Usually gtg anytime after 9 EST weeknights and I'll be free on Sunday as well.

woodchuck

argh. lost to andres 1-0. all my losses have been 1-0 :lol

he plays his defenders deep so i didnt have many opportunities.

his goal was off a turnover by me just outside the box. i try to clear it, but it sticks to his guys leg. then he made the pass to the guy running in.

woodchuck

seriously :lol

race for the playoffs:

5.Lyon - 9 GP 14 pts
6. Barcelona - 9 GP 14 pts
7. Columbus - 9 GP 13 pts
8. Milan - 9 GP 13 pts

Athletico madrid - 7 GP 12 pts
Liverpool - 8 GP 10 pts

looks like it may come down to goal differential!

Exypher

Hey guys, just posting to say that my internet at home is down at the moment. I'm not sure when it'll be fixed, so it's possible I won't be able to play my second game (against Level 8 Boss) before this monday :( I already played my game against cjelly. Will this be a problem?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Exypher said:
Hey guys, just posting to say that my internet at home is down at the moment. I'm not sure when it'll be fixed, so it's possible I won't be able to play my second game (against Level 8 Boss) before this monday :( I already played my game against cjelly. Will this be a problem?

nope!
Nov 30th - Matches 7,8,9,10 due
Dec 7th - Matches 11,12 due

Exypher

Great :) totally forgot that there was a 2 week limit this time. Hopefully my ISP will fix the problem quickly so that I can play my matches as soon as possible.

sneaky77

Daigoro said:
3 games left this week for me.

sneaky and i should hook up soon, we have compatible schedules.

cheesybread hasnt accepted my FR on live yet. Rob Monge i havent seen online at all the few times ive been on this week (we'll need to plan better).

lets wrap these games up guys.

I'll be home all evening after 7pm EST till about midnight

Daigoro

fridays are no good for me. Rock Band with the boys.

Sat or Sunday. let me know when, should be around all day, but it would be good to know in advance.

im going to msg both of my other opponents to get them to schedule something now.

seems like i do 95% of all the leg work on scheduling my matches. no offense to some of you who have actually been good about scheduling these things.

Daigoro

ok. all opponents messaged on live.

sneaky and i should be easy. Rob i havent seen on live lately, but he did respond to all my previous messages, so should be good to go.

i havent heard from cheesybread/LOL CANCER at all though. multiple messages sent on live and just Pm'd him here.

ill be around all weekend guys.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Daigoro said:
seems like i do 95% of all the leg work on scheduling my matches. no offense to some of you who have actually been good about scheduling these things.

:lol yeah it def happens which is why often seasons 2s are the best b/c you only have the hardcore left. people are probably being a bit more lax too since you have until next sunday to play the four games.

Daigoro

:lol DOH.

im a geek. i keep thinking we have to get them done by this Sunday. thats why im feeling a little bit of pressure here.

ok guys, at your leisure then. :p

sneaky77

Daigoro said:
ok. all opponents messaged on live.

sneaky and i should be easy. Rob i havent seen on live lately, but he did respond to all my previous messages, so should be good to go.

i havent heard from cheesybread/LOL CANCER at all though. multiple messages sent on live and just Pm'd him here.

ill be around all weekend guys.

I am supposed to play a match tomorrow around 5pm EST so I will be around

I am playing against cheesybread so he should be around

FF_VIII

Banned
1-1 with Kobashi. Very lucky I didn't lose, tbh.

Stupid GK though. I pressed B all the way to clear it and he just chips it to their player and they score :/ He did that against Hamburg as well.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
FF_VIII said:
1-1 with Kobashi. Very lucky I didn't lose, tbh.

Stupid GK though. I pressed B all the way to clear it and he just chips it to their player and they score :/ He did that against Hamburg as well.
I thought it was agreed people wouldn't score in situations like that?

If that starts happening in my games, then I'm out.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The idea of not pressing the GK and "stealing" a GK pass was bandied about as an idea awhile back, but I don't think any rule is necessary--if you are being pressed just boot it instead of throwing it. But that's a different sitaution. This sounds like just a result of the weak clearances from goalies. They just don't clear it that far in this game sometimes and it can cost you occasionally. I know it's happened to me.

Just wanted to pop in a let everyone know Im(Regret Truth/Schalke 04) still here. My plan is to knock out most of my matches this coming sunday.

itxaka

Defeatist
Something strange happened in my match with DK.

I'm writing the stats and i see that he wrote 2 yellow card and 1 red one, but on my stats it did appear as 0 for both.

Game was laggy so I'm thinking it was an ea/fifa error. Did somebody found something like this?

dk_

AstroLad said:
The idea of not pressing the GK and "stealing" a GK pass was bandied about as an idea awhile back, but I don't think any rule is necessary--if you are being pressed just boot it instead of throwing it. But that's a different sitaution. This sounds like just a result of the weak clearances from goalies. They just don't clear it that far in this game sometimes and it can cost you occasionally. I know it's happened to me.
Had that too in my matches, but I think it helps to press B very early to load the shot (right after you pass the ball to your goalie). Now it happends quite rarely to me.

Frenck, CJelly. When you want to play your games, let me know via live. I'm pretty much done chasing after people to arrange matches.

woodchuck

Feral Youth said:
Frenck, CJelly. When you want to play your games, let me know via live. I'm pretty much done chasing after people to arrange matches.

well, frenck is banned, so i guess you guys will have to schedule via xbl

and i hope those of you with 6 gp know you have to finish all 4 by next sunday!

Tf53

I've messaged my opponents on Live. I have a HUGE deadline on Thursday morning, so I'll be swamped until then. I hope we can get the matches in on Thursday afternoon or evening, since I'm unable to play on Fri and Sat, too.

sneaky77

SNUG REVOL said:
Just wanted to pop in a let everyone know Im(Regret Truth/Schalke 04) still here. My plan is to knock out most of my matches this coming sunday.

I'll be around sunday afternoon just send me a pm here on gaf

woodchuck

just won a hard fought game with roodster, 2-1. It was a pretty back and forth game. torres got free at the end, but my GK made the save of his life.

i scored both my goals off of corners. juninho's corners are godly in this game

Magicked

Hey guys. I'm back from being out of town these past couple days, so I'll probably be able to play a few matches today. I will, however, want to warm up a bit since I haven't touched the game since Wednesday.:D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Magicked said:
Hey guys. I'm back from being out of town these past couple days, so I'll probably be able to play a few matches today. I will, however, want to warm up a bit since I haven't touched the game since Wednesday.:D

Cool man let me know I'm ready to play.

Tf53

I'll play my games with Larsen B and Frenck on Thursday. Haven't received a response from Ajay yet, but hopefully we'll be able to get the game scheduled on either Thursday or Sunday.

sneaky77

SNUG REVOL said:

I didn't see you on last night, when do you want to get together? when is it good for you.

woodchuck

i'll be gone wednesday-sunday so i won't be around to bug you guys.

get those games done (all 4 in some cases) by November 30th 11:59 EDT!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
woodchuck said:
resist the urge to post in gaming side!

i wonder how long he's banned for

I've been biting my tongue, at least until the league is over. I think I got a good shot at taking the loser tournament crown, lol

btw, cjelly got banned too

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I see me and magicked are tied with the same amount of games played, what's the tiebreaker? Head to head or goal differential or both?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The following tie-breakers are applied:
Head-to-head record
Best division record (if same division)
Best record among common opponents
Best conference record (if same conference

AstroLad said:
loser tournament will be STACKED.

:lol holy shit; half the league is going to be banned.

Just checking out the online forums and thought I would stick my head in here (that's what she said) to see what was going on. Holy crap :lol Tons of bannage

Top Bottom