• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Champions League (FIFA 09)

k0ji-wd

yeah it was really laggy, i had teleporting players and shit, that's my excuse for missing that goal when your keeper came up for the corner :lol and the command lag was bad too, but it's happened a lot so i'm kinda use to it and compensate for it by not jamming on buttons. . .

i had a brand new glitch happen earlier today. . .NO HUD, i was 1/4 into a game when i realized there was no radar, scoreboard, and player names :D

good write up btw, TF53

I won finally again Astro last night. Problem being the game lagged out at the 90th min. So i couldnt see my stats but 1-0. He had 2 or 3 good chances to score and it was the crossbar that usually did him in. The whole first half i had manual shooting on, i hadnt tried it yet and i blew some good chances. I turned it back to semi and all good now.

Also changed the tactics and made a big difference.

Tf53

woodchuck said:
if the lag is really bad, you guys can replay the game if you both agree to do so
Since I lost, I have no problems with replaying it, but it's really up to Koji.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
fivehorizons said:
I won finally again Astro last night. Problem being the game lagged out at the 90th min. So i couldnt see my stats but 1-0. He had 2 or 3 good chances to score and it was the crossbar that usually did him in. The whole first half i had manual shooting on, i hadnt tried it yet and i blew some good chances. I turned it back to semi and all good now.

Also changed the tactics and made a big difference.

:lol yeah that was pretty brutal. The goal I gave up was even more brutal. I was just passing it over to the absolute safest guy on a free kick and for some reason my guy passed it right over to Drogba who then waltzed right in for the decisive goal. This is why the game makes me cry. :/

Tf53

I'll be on for probably a couple hours, will you be online before that or can we play the game in the morning (my time)?

woodchuck

alright. sneaky, i'm getting online now. just message me when you want to play. i need to build up on the momentum after last night's win.

let's see if athletic bilbao can handle the sexy

lyon2.jpg

edit- so i guess the patch was released. i hope this doesn't fuck up things even more

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg andres. that one hit off the post at the end was brutal. dinho was coming on like crazy the last 15 but i'll take the result.

woodchuck

won a fairly close game with sneaky 1-0. as bad as my backline may be, i got lucky that they had the speed to catch up with bilbao's forwards. If Bilbao's forwards were a bit faster, I would have been toast.

which doesn't bode well when i have to ply Torres and Dinho in my next two matches...

k0ji-wd

woodchuck said:
it did it automatically when i entered the game

gah, ain't doing shit for me, oh well.

i was fiddling around with manual shooting and by accident i just found out you can hold the finesse shot button to take PKs for curved PKs. . .if you can get the bar 3/4 full into a corner, it's almost impossible for a keeper to save. maybe everybody already knew this. . .

managed to nail this shot with manual shooting using finesse with Chinese superstar Xu Yun Long!

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2303341

Magicked

GG Shinobi! I can definitely tell that we've been playing a lot of league matches as "lesser" teams and have had to focus A LOT on defense. It seemed that we both had a lot of difficulty breaking each other down, and as a result we each ended up with 4 shots.

I can't believe I sunk that last shot...:lol

woodchuck

i don't know how you mls'ers do it. just for kicks, i played someone online as fc dallas the other day. i got my ass beat by juventus.

also, it looks like the RROD has taken Viva Anticon out of commission.

Does anyone want to sub for Viva (Arsenal) this week or next week? Just post here if you want to volunteer.

For anyone that's subbing, you'll have to play a custom unranked match that's 7 minutes. If the game is tied at 90 min, just pause and write down the stats.

sneaky77

woodchuck said:
i don't know how you mls'ers do it. just for kicks, i played someone online as fc dallas the other day. i got my ass beat by juventus.

Does anyone want to sub for Viva (Arsenal) this week or next week? Just post here if you want to volunteer.

For anyone that's subbing, you'll have to play a custom unranked match that's 7 minutes. If the game is tied at 90 min, just pause and write down the stats.

i thought astro was doing those

woodchuck

sneaky77 said:
i thought astro was doing those

it's probably better if we have different people sub so it doesn't seem like one person has two teams.

plus...barcelona has to play arsenal soon anyway

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I posted in the sign-up thread; perhaps someone can take them over. Good team with a decent chance at playoffs.

woodchuck

im kind of surprised no one in the football thread was interested. 60% of the fans in the thread are probably arsenal supporters. and it seems almost everyone from the US is an arsenal fan

Tf53

Level 8 Boss said:
Guys my live is back in business. Need to get some practice games in, a few days of non play makes a hellof a lot of difference.
Yeah, after a couple days of not playing, it's a whole New Xbox Experience.

;p

Magicked

I played k0ji twice last night without realizing he was GMT+11.:lol No wonder I had such a heck of a time with delay when I pressed a button! I was getting pissed in that second game too, because my players weren't reacting quickly enough and I kept losing possession.

Grrr.... :p

Magicked

woodchuck said:

I can sub for him if we still need someone. I'll be out of town from Thursday - Saturday, but should have plenty of time for the extra games in the evenings. It'd be fun to play with a team that is better that 2.5 stars. :D

k0ji-wd

Magicked said:
I played k0ji twice last night without realizing he was GMT+11.:lol No wonder I had such a heck of a time with delay when I pressed a button! I was getting pissed in that second game too, because my players weren't reacting quickly enough and I kept losing possession.

Grrr.... :p

all i'm hearin' are excuses! let's see u bring your A-game baby :lol

Tf53

Yeah, we tried to replay it, but it was still laggy. Plus, Koji scored two of the most bullshit goals I've ever seen. One breakaway where my goalie first got the ball, then it bounced back and my defender tripped on my goalie while his striker put the ball into the empty net. The other one was your usual chip-save-pop type of thing, except my goalie didn't even go for the ball. He just stood there and watched the Pompy striker head it in.

That said, we figured the first game would stand, since that way we don't have to change the scores and stats.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
AstroLad said:
gg andres. that one hit off the post at the end was brutal. dinho was coming on like crazy the last 15 but i'll take the result.

I literally almost threw my controller at the wall about 3 times. But you cant complain if you dont score. Good defensive tactics at the end they were pissing me off lol.

My shooting is so far off it's terrible, and my defensive collapses when I fail to clear the ball have cost me dearly. Oh well, there's always next season :/

Damn the nxe is already up? Shit I forgot to wake up early, it's like 30 degrees in atlanta and that's cold for us

Shinobi

Magicked said:
GG Shinobi! I can definitely tell that we've been playing a lot of league matches as "lesser" teams and have had to focus A LOT on defense. It seemed that we both had a lot of difficulty breaking each other down, and as a result we each ended up with 4 shots.

I can't believe I sunk that last shot...:lol

:lol That was the craziest last minute of a game in history...neither one of us was getting much of anything on attack, then we both score in injury time. Hell I damn near won it on the last kick of the game, just couldn't get a clean header on the cross. Fun stuff, though Sutton should've stopped that last shot (then again I should've defended it better). Ah well, I'm just glad I kept up my streak of scoring in every game played to date.

woodchuck

Magicked said:
I can sub for him if we still need someone. I'll be out of town from Thursday - Saturday, but should have plenty of time for the extra games in the evenings. It'd be fun to play with a team that is better that 2.5 stars. :D

alright guys. If you need to play Arsenal, contact Magicked. thanks for volunteering.

I can add you to be Arsenal's owner as well just for this week on league daddy

what's going on with liverpool. dude doesn't win a game in 5 matches, then wins 3 straight against city, utd, and athletico madrid. i hope we don't have another guy fighting for that last playoff spot.

k0ji-wd

Tf53 said:
Yeah, we tried to replay it, but it was still laggy. Plus, Koji scored two of the most bullshit goals I've ever seen. One breakaway where my goalie first got the ball, then it bounced back and my defender tripped on my goalie while his striker put the ball into the empty net. The other one was your usual chip-save-pop type of thing, except my goalie didn't even go for the ball. He just stood there and watched the Pompy striker head it in.

That said, we figured the first game would stand, since that way we don't have to change the scores and stats.

that second goal was so lol

Magicked

Shinobi said:
:lol That was the craziest last minute of a game in history...neither one of us was getting much of anything on attack, then we both score in injury time. Hell I damn near won it on the last kick of the game, just couldn't get a clean header on the cross. Fun stuff, though Sutton should've stopped that last shot (then again I should've defended it better). Ah well, I'm just glad I kept up my streak of scoring in every game played to date.

Lol, that last shot of mine went right above your keeper's head between his outstretched arms. I was so shocked when it went in!:lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck said:

alright guys. If you need to play Arsenal, contact Magicked. thanks for volunteering.

I can add you to be Arsenal's owner as well just for this week on league daddy

what's going on with liverpool. dude doesn't win a game in 5 matches, then wins 3 straight against city, utd, and athletico madrid. i hope we don't have another guy fighting for that last playoff spot.

I know, he's been texting me about his FIFA renaissance. His schedule doesn't get any easier either yikes. The whole division and conference is wide open.

sneaky77

I know in the rules it was said that the lob passing had to be either semi, or manual.. but the only options are manual or auto, so am I the only fool on manual for lobs?

woodchuck

sneaky77 said:
I know in the rules it was said that the lob passing had to be either semi, or manual.. but the only options are manual or auto, so am I the only fool on manual for lobs?

Before each game, make sure your 360 Controller Settings are correct. Shot/Cross/Pass should be set to SEMI or MANUAL and NOT AUTO. Through pass and Lobbed through pass can be set to MANUAL OR AUTO. This is in keeping with the sim nature of the league. It also makes for a better and more realistic playing experience.

Anything that can be manual,semi, or auto should be manual or semi.

Anything thats only manual or auto can be either manual or auto.

Here are my settings:

Passing: Semi
Shooting: Semi
Through pass: Auto (only options are manual/auto)
Cross: Semi
Lobbed Through pass: Manual (only options are manual/auto)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
:lol

tbh i've played ranked matches with all sorts of different settings and the only significant difference imo is manual shoot/pass vs. semi or auto. maybe there is some imperceptible but huge difference between semi & auto but i've never seen it in either uefa or fifa. still use semi anyway of course but perhaps next season we just go with no restrictions. or full manual. lolz.

ps my brother sent out his 360 yesterday so we'll see when it gets back.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
when i look at the power rankings i realize i haven't played with like 5/6 of the euro conference.

also liverpool-lyon will be epic. a lot on the line there

sneaky77

did the EA update make Chelsea awesome or something cause I swear last night every random match I played was against Chelsea

So is the English commentry pack actually a new English pack or will I be paying for something I already own here?

Edit/

Meh, Andy Townsend. Fuck that.

And fuck paying for it as well. 400points. No sir.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Feral Youth said:
So is the English commentry pack actually a new English pack or will I be paying for something I already own here?

Edit/

Meh, Andy Townsend. Fuck that.

And fuck paying for it as well. 400points. No sir.

It's okay but I prefer the old pack. I have some weird glitches with some of the other packs too, like sometimes the French pack goes super quiet for long stretches. I think I'm just going to stick with English 1; I'm so used to it by now anything else is just distracting.

Top Bottom