• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Champions League (FIFA 09)

Shinobi

AstroLad said:
If we're going to do crappy teams, we might as well try to fill up a crappy league i.e. mls

:lol It isn't crappy damnit...it's just, not as good!

I have two games to play against Man City (zombie) and Atheltico Madrid (RobMonge). Not sure when I'll be able to fit 'em in...I'll be up a few hours tonight and might have some time tomorrow morning, but after that I'm gonna be out all day Saturday and a good chunk of Sunday as well. Anyway, if either guy is around, just post in this thread or send a msg on XBL.

itxaka

Defeatist
woodchuck said:
thanks for posting. do you think you can play everything (your remaining matches this week + 11/12) by Dec 7th?

unfortunately, we're not getting much enthusiasm for subbing except from a couple people

Uh...probably, I should have free at least 5 days starting the first of december so I have plenty of time.

Gowans

Inter Milan - replayy
VALENCIA - Level 8 boss
Villarreal- Ajay1986
Portsmouth - tse88

Guys good to go after 11:30 till about 5 today if anyone is on

I've tried contacting Cjelly twice now to get our game played over the past week or so and he hasn't replyed even though he seems to be on live more often than not. So I'm assuming he doesn't want to play.

Exypher

Played my games against dkwhip and replayy, very good games! Only need to play against Level 8 Boss now, hope he will be available today.

Exypher

replayy said:
Got my first defeat of the season against Exypher. Fuck, I think I got my first shot of the game in the 89th minute :lol

:D I got quite lucky with the goals though, both were rebounds. Totally timed my tackle wrong at the end as well, that was stupid.

dk_

replayy said:
Got my first defeat of the season against Exypher. Fuck, I think I got my first shot of the game in the 89th minute :lol
Yeah, I guess Exypher could win the tournament. Very good player.

Exypher

dk_ said:
Yeah, I guess Exypher could win the tournament. Very good player.

Thanks a lot, but I don't think I will end up winning the tournament. Some of my games were very close and I've gotten lucky several times, if my luck changes during the play-offs it can be over very quickly :)

Gowans

just got savaged again.

I was holding off inter for so long then just before the first half ended BOOM!

Then it all crumbed. In a total rutt with my striking tho

sneaky77

anyone seen the shalke guy around?

Daigoro, I am home today until like 6pm or so EST send me a pm if you can do it, if not i will be home all day tomorrow

k0ji-wd

Gowans007 said:
just got savaged again.

I was holding off inter for so long then just before the first half ended BOOM!

Then it all crumbed. In a total rutt with my striking tho

I'm just watching the DRAMA that is Preston North End vs Bristol City atm, so I'm cool to play in the next hour or so if you're on

Gowans

k0ji-wd said:
I'm just watching the DRAMA that is Preston North End vs Bristol City atm, so I'm cool to play in the next hour or so if you're on

I'm on my way out now, should be fine any time tomorrow

woodchuck

sneaky77 said:
anyone seen the shalke guy around?

Daigoro, I am home today until like 6pm or so EST send me a pm if you can do it, if not i will be home all day tomorrow

i think daigoro is online right now (GT: Matty Thorns)

Shinobi

So did RobMonge and zombieshavebrains like, die or something?

I'm gonna split in the next half hour or so, and I probably won't be available to play the final two games till late tomorrow afternoon or early evening. I'll be home all the way through though.

sneaky77

woodchuck said:
i think daigoro is online right now (GT: Matty Thorns)

yeah he was on and I couldnt get on ea servers again, and now that I am logged he is playing left4dead and not answering to msgs

N.A

Banned
Gowans007 said:
BAD BAD morning, no more games for me to day.

Sorry :p

I'm still keeping up hope of making the playoffs. I've got to avoid defeat to Level 8 Boss's Valencia to stand a chance.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
damn euro division has caught up and is outclassing the na division in games played. you guys were right, lazy americans indeed.

Magicked

I will definitely be around tonight for my games. It's been a busy weekend with the holiday. Hopefully everyone I need to play will be around. I'd say I will be on around 8 PM EST and I will leave it connected to wait for people.

Daigoro

GG Sneaky!

man pretty frustrating for me though (again! :p). i had lots of chances and just missed the target completely so many times. SA% was piss poor.

and what was with my defense on that second goal. coming off a corner kick you got the brake away, there was ONE defender back there and he was like 10 yars away from you. who the fuck was he marking?! i thought he must have been offsided my guy was so not even close to covering him. ARG!

gg though, it was fun.

AstroLad said:
damn euro division has caught up and is outclassing the na division in games played. you guys were right, lazy americans indeed.

yeah, we've had some serious connection problems with my 2 games. i liked up with my two opponents on several different occasion and could not get them done, sadly.

real bummer. ive had such a good completetion record up until this point. my one positive record gone to shit!

Daigoro

Magicked said:
I would also be interested in a 3 star team (or less) tourney. That way I could keep my Columbus Crew.:D

id rather only 2 or 1 star teams. i want the really low end teams. its so fun to play with them.

i want real team parity (on the low end), so we'd have to pick from different leagues probably. maybe have a cap on the actual team performance stats as well. def/off, etc.

Tf53 said:
I call dibs on the Steelers! The blue and black jerseys are hawt!

yeah they were so cool.

sneaky77

Daigoro said:
GG Sneaky!

man pretty frustrating for me though (again! :p). i had lots of chances and just missed the target completely so many times. SA% was piss poor.

and what was with my defense on that second goal. coming off a corner kick you got the brake away, there was ONE defender back there and he was like 10 yars away from you. who the fuck was he marking?! i thought he must have been offsided my guy was so not even close to covering him. ARG!

gg though, it was fun.

yeah, we've had some serious connection problems with my 2 games. i liked up with my two opponents on several different occasion and could not get them done, sadly.

real bummer. ive had such a good completetion record up until this point. my one positive record gone to shit!

It would have been offsides if it wasnt because I was still on my own half of the field, I thought you were trying to draw the offsides cause your player didnt move at all lol

where is the shalke guy seriously... I have tried to msg him on live after he msgd me asking for a time where playing would be ok and nothing.. according to the xbox live log he was on 1 hr ago..

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sounds like you've been having a tough time getting the connection with cheesybread to work daigoro.

i can connect to everyone but in league games, for no good reason, it almost ALWAYS disconnects at the 68-72 minute mark. ridiculous but from now on i don't think i'll be hosting any games so no home field advantage for me.

woodchuck

if people are having connection problems within the league, we may just have to create Custom Unranked Matches (7 min).

and if it's tied at 90, just pause the game and record the stats. we may have to do this for the playoffs if connection problems are occurring.

Exypher

Good game (and a half :D) once again kobashi, your defence is very hard to get through. The connection issue during our first game was pretty annoying, we were playing a really nice game up until that point. I'm glad we managed to pick up where we left off on our second try :)

Think I said the same thing last time, but you probably would've had me beat if cross plays were a bit more useful in Fifa '09. From my experience it's very hard to score from a cross, but maybe that's just my own inability.

Edit: hope I can get my second game in before the power rankings are updated, that could be my saving grace against the curse :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck said:
if people are having connection problems within the league, we may just have to create Custom Unranked Matches (7 min).

and if it's tied at 90, just pause the game and record the stats. we may have to do this for the playoffs if connection problems are occurring.

yeah i might try this see if it works. weird thing is the 3 times this has happened game was silky smooth until then so wtf ea.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Holy shit, did everyone leave their games to the last minute or what?

I actually think it was better having 2 games a week, because it's only natural to leave everything to the last minute, and having to play 4 games in a day is a nightmare to set up.

sneaky77

unfortunately some of us have been trying to get our games played, just is hard when the guy you have to play never answers with any times

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
cjelly said:
Holy shit, did everyone leave their games to the last minute or what?

I actually think it was better having 2 games a week, because it's only natural to leave everything to the last minute, and having to play 4 games in a day is a nightmare to set up.

well a lot of it is just the usual suspects.

COME ON SEASON 2!

ps whoo four-game win streak to end the season.

Exypher

I apologize for leaving my games till so late, I would've gotten them in earlier if it wasn't for my ISP screwing up. I'm trying to play my games as soon as possible this time around.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Alright, so I got one game left with Feral Youth. I was hoping to play tonight but no answer.

It's my own fault cos he's messaged me numerous times. :(

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Okay i got back to school to play the games i need to today. I am trying to download and apply the update for FIFA and i keep getting an error. I've tried 5 times now and it keeps doing it. Any suggestions?

EDTI: I just restarted my xbox and it worked perfectly, nevermind.

EDIT 2: now it won't let me sign into Xbox live to go into the league menu...

Top Bottom