• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Champions League (FIFA 09)

Magicked

I should be around tonight to get some of the Arsenal or Columbus matches finished. Probably won't be until around 9:00 PM EST though.

Magicked

ChrisGoldstein said:
I see me and magicked are tied with the same amount of games played, what's the tiebreaker? Head to head or goal differential or both?

Good thing I beat you. :p

Double post!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Magicked said:
Good thing I beat you. :p

Double post!

God dont remind me. That was the worst I've played all season, I blame Regret Truth for scoring that late goal that made me so angry. I thought a little mls club would be a good way to let off steam....lol

Magicked

I now have a conflict. Arsenal is close to the Crew in standings, and if I play too well I could end up kicking myself out of the final tourney!:lol

woodchuck

this is why it'd be better if someone out of conference would sub or someone without a conflict of interest (division leaders who are all but guaranteed a playoff spot)

also, for the tiebreakers...we don't necessarily have to use the LD tiebreakers.

we can create our own tiebreakers if people want to use GD like in real life

and god damn it. stop getting banned!

Yeah stop getting banned you faggots....oh wait that will get me banned. :D

Edit: Thread yesterday about gaming girls and what not quickly turned ugly. I said they look like dudes and then it was closed :lol

sneaky77

shalke said he was gonna be on last sunday, never saw him havent heard from him since... and daigoro and I need to play

woodchuck

sneaky77 said:
shalke said he was gonna be on last sunday, never saw him havent heard from him since... and daigoro and I need to play

alright thanks. at least daigoro has posted in here.

Shinobi, Fifty, Strikevillain, or Snug:

are any of you guys willing to sub one or two games for arsenal? since you guys have a playoff spot firmly wrapped up, it might be easier for you guys to sub one or two games so it's not a conflict of interest for magicked.

Magicked

Shit, Astrolad, somehow I missed writing down shots on goal for our match... Did you grab those?

And I had Clichy as MOTM. If you had someone else, we can use that since you won.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Magicked said:
Shit, Astrolad, somehow I missed writing down shots on goal for our match... Did you grab those?

And I had Clichy as MOTM. If you had someone else, we can use that since you won.

yeah i had one of my guys but no biggie, goal was etoo shots on goal was 1-4 i believe

Magicked

AstroLad said:
yeah i had one of my guys but no biggie, goal was etoo shots on goal was 1-4 i believe

Okay, cool. Man, you dominated pretty well. I had that one good chance that hit the bar, but other than that I was struggling. Not sure if I just wasn't used to Arsenal, or if it's the beers I've had tonight.:lol

GG though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah it was tricky was definitely getting a bit tenuous there at the end good job really weren't tons of great scoring chances on either end.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So are you euros playing your games in honor of your American commishes and American Thanksgiving? We are very likely going to do a season 2, but excluding anyone who flaked out of course (thankfully have been almost none so far). If you can't get in touch with someone let me know and I will sub.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck also had the idea of doing sort of a world cup between seasons. prolly start in mid to late jan. should all be really easy to run though since we'll be left with the serious players.

Daigoro

sneaky77 said:
i am online..

i was at work when i posted. then i flaked out and watched the Sheild series finale and crashed.

ill should be around every night this week though.

ill PM all of my opponents through LIVE now and see whos about.

Daigoro

ok, cheesybread is supposed to be meting me for our game in about 2 hrs.

i PMd Rob Monge and asked him to set a time.

Sneaky ill be available tonight after my game with cheesy if youre around. otherwise ill be around for the next few days and we will play.

Daigoro

ok, cheesybread and i cannot connect. any idea if the EA servers are having problems?

i remember Tf was having problems connecting with people, anyone remember how that was resolved?

every time ive ever had this problem it has always been the other persons issue, not mine. so as far as im concerned the problem is the EA servers, or on cheesy end of things.

any ideas?

woodchuck

if there's any way you can connect to the modem directly, try that.

otherwise, i have no idea. we may just have to sub the game then

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i assume you guys have tried switching who is home, right? b/c sometimes when i am home i have probs that are fixed when the other person is just home

k0ji-wd

tried to setup a match with Sunderland a few times already, dude doesn't seem particularly interested, and friends list is full so. . .

woodchuck

k0ji-wd said:
tried to setup a match with Sunderland a few times already, dude doesn't seem particularly interested, and friends list is full so. . .

why am i not surprised. he hasn't logged on to league daddy after november 16th :lol

if i had my 360 with me, i'd sub. i guess we have to try to get different subs for sunderland.

Gowans

Sorry guys buzzy(ish) week.

Sunderland is here, free'd up a space on my list for my next games.

I'm around Sat till 6pm and Sunday from 2pm to get my games played (if not then next week should a lot better)

I have 7-10 to play

Inter Milan - replayy
VALENCIA - Level 8 boss
Villarreal- Ajay1986
Portsmouth - tse88

N.A

Banned
I finally break my losing streak :D

Beat Larsen B's Bristol City 3-1 with an Robert Earnshaw hat-trick despite having a man sent off. :D

I still have a
very small
chance of making the playoffs.

Exypher

Looks like my net is finally up and running again and I will be available to play my games this saturday afternoon. I still have to play Valencia, Inter Milan and Hamburg SV. Are you guys available to play at that time? I am very busy tomorrow and I'm going to a football match on Sunday, but if it is necessary Sunday evening should be alright as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Tf53

Wow, talk about extremes. First I had a wonderful match against Larsen in which everything I do worksout, and the Frenck just hands my ass to me on a silver platter. Of course, Werder Bremen are a better team than Bristol City, but I even had a shitload of luck in the first match. I've probably not met a defense as good as Frenck had in our match in the league. Good game, man, even though the two last goals were complete bullshit. :D

Daigoro

well, now Rob Monge and i cannont connect for our league game.

i am directly connected to my modem, we both tried resetting everything and switching home/away and nothing is working.

i had just finished playing non league games with tf53 without problem, so i can only assume that the servers just do not want us to connect.

i really believe that this is not a problem with my connection or set up at all (not that it is my opponents problem), so i dont know where to go from here.

ill try again later with both opponents if at all possible.

frustrating.

dk_

Exypher said:
Looks like my net is finally up and running again and I will be available to play my games this saturday afternoon. I still have to play Valencia, Inter Milan and Hamburg SV. Are you guys available to play at that time? I am very busy tomorrow and I'm going to a football match on Sunday, but if it is necessary Sunday evening should be alright as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
I think so. PM me for a specific date.

Larsen B

I always play my best football when I'm 2 or 3 goals down and have no chance of winning. Either that or my opponent has switched off.

Next time, I'm definitely picking a 4*+ team. Maybe I'll be able to finish the chances I make.

Tf53

Me and Daigoro were actually bouncing around an idea about having a league with three star or worse teams. Crappy teams make the games a lot more fun, because anything can happen. I know I played some of the best games online last night with teams from the Polish and Korean leagues. We also had a thrilling game with two half-star teams! :lol

woodchuck

dk_ said:
When will week 11 + 12 be unlocked on leaguedaddy?

you have until 11:59 pm est november 30th to play match 6-10, but match 11-12 should be unlocked saturday night or sunday morning est.

and about the 3 star team thing, i wouldn't be against that idea.

Daigoro

Rob Monge and i tried several times to connect againg, and FIFA is having none of it.

really annoying.

hopefully ill have better luck with Sneaky. cheesybread i have a hard enough time just finding online, so i dunno how thats gonna work (we also had connection issues and tried a bunch of times)...

Tf53 said:
Me and Daigoro were actually bouncing around an idea about having a league with three star or worse teams. Crappy teams make the games a lot more fun, because anything can happen. I know I played some of the best games online last night with teams from the Polish and Korean leagues. We also had a thrilling game with two half-star teams! :lol

yeah i would love to do this.

if there is enough interest i would love to do this.

itxaka

Defeatist
Hey guys, I am unable to play my last 2 matches as they call me to work this weekend. I was supposed to be off but now I gotta work all friday nigth + Saturday 12 hours shift + Sunday 12 hours shift.

It probably doesn't matter as I have lost all my matches (lol) but just wanted to let you guys now, so you can put another guy in my position for this matches, or for the rest of the season (I still want to keep playing, but I understand if I am kicked out)

Cheers and sorry again.

woodchuck

itxaka said:
Hey guys, I am unable to play my last 2 matches as they call me to work this weekend. I was supposed to be off but now I gotta work all friday nigth + Saturday 12 hours shift + Sunday 12 hours shift.

It probably doesn't matter as I have lost all my matches (lol) but just wanted to let you guys now, so you can put another guy in my position for this matches, or for the rest of the season (I still want to keep playing, but I understand if I am kicked out)

Cheers and sorry again.

thanks for posting. do you think you can play everything (your remaining matches this week + 11/12) by Dec 7th?

unfortunately, we're not getting much enthusiasm for subbing except from a couple people

Top Bottom