• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Champions League (FIFA 09)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
You have to keep in mind that fifty is the bad boy of the Champions League. The Rodman, if you will. Or Roddy Piper, depending on your preference.

woodchuck

TO PLAY A CUSTOM UNRANKED MATCH:

Xbox Live > Online Game Modes > FIFA 09 Match Creation > Head to Head Play > Create Match > Create Unranked Session

You can then change the half length to 7 min and make it a private session and invite your opponent.

This is for the Loser Tournament as well as for people who are having disconnection problems with the in-game league matches.

As for the regular playoffs, more info will be posted as we get closer to the start of the playoffs.

woodchuck

Exypher said:
Good game Frenck, you were playing better than me and would've deserved to win. Glad I managed to get a draw out of it.

See you guys in the play-offs!

and with that, you're the lone unbeaten team. we'll see how that translates to playoff success!

woodchuck

Level 7 Boss seems to be MIA. and with only 7 games played, he seems to be holding up people.

For the time being, I can go ahead and sub for Valencia. We'd have to play our matches through the custom unranked games (see directions above).

Match 8 at Sunderland Gowans007
Match 9 Nottingham Forest N.A
Match 10 Osasuna itxaka
Match 11 at Villarreal Ajay1986
Match 12 at Sevilla Tf53

none of you seem to be on live right now, so just let me know when it's convenient for you

Fifty

k0ji-wd said:
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I take it by your verbose response that you're unaware of the "one or two players on the other team suddenly becoming invisible" glitch, and the extreme tendency for shots to go off the post (just ask Astrolad). My point was uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that anything can happen and the best team doesn't always win, so giving the winner of the consolation tournament a chance to get a flukey win over the best team/player isn't the best idea.

Gowans

nice game woodshuck I got battered once again my team cant pass, tackle or shoot GRR!!!!

Ohh its coz im on Manual GAAAAAA!!!!!! :lol

woodchuck

Gowans007 said:
nice game woodshuck I got battered once again my team cant pass, tackle or shoot GRR!!!!

Ohh its coz im on Manual GAAAAAA!!!!!! :lol

yeah, when playing you, i was wondering why most of your passes were either short or way off target. when i tried manual passing before, i don't think i could string even two passes together.

Gowans

woodchuck said:
yeah, when playing you, i was wondering why most of your passes were either short or way off target. when i tried manual passing before, i don't think i could string even two passes together.

Yeah when I got the game I titted around in settings and switched everything to manual to check it out, never changed it. Just whacked it on semi now.

Recent times have been a bit shit for me. The company I work for has gone into administration, so I don't even know if I'll have a job tomorrow. But I'm going on live now, and will be on Thursday, and Sunday.

Whoever needs to play me, just add me, I have limited access to the internet at work.

woodchuck

Level 8 Boss said:
Recent times have been a bit shit for me. The company I work for has gone into administration, so I don't even know if I'll have a job tomorrow. But I'm going on live now, and will be on Thursday, and Sunday.

Whoever needs to play me, just add me, I have limited access to the internet at work.

since you have more important concerns at the moment, don't worry about the league. it's not a problem to sub for valencia as the season is almost over anyway. good luck with your company.

Fifty

woodchuck said:
now it's between Milan and Columbus.

:lol

jpvuh5.gif

Fifty

GG Magicked. You deserved to tie that up on your FK that hit the post. But I'm glad I ended my season on a high note! You kicked my ass in terms of possession. I've never had it that bad...60%-40% in your favour..ugly!

If I didn't convert on 2/3 corners I wouldn't have been in it. None of my goals were as nice as your 1st with Van Persie. That top corner shot was beautiful

Magicked

GG man. I had a lot of good opportunities, but I couldn't finish them as usual. Also, my defense was crap on those corners. I really need to work on timing my jumps. :(

You deserved the win though. You took your chances very well, even though I really controlled a lot of the game. Well played!

woodchuck

Magicked said:
GG man. I had a lot of good opportunities, but I couldn't finish them as usual. Also, my defense was crap on those corners. I really need to work on timing my jumps. :(

no, that's how it is in real life with arsenal

k0ji-wd

Burnley :lol

So I go to download the latest Live Season update and it tells me my code is invalid now? what the fuck. . .I used the promo that's on the back of the manual, anyone had this problem?

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
k0ji-wd said:
Burnley :lol

So I go to download the latest Live Season update and it tells me my code is invalid now? what the fuck. . .I used the promo that's on the back of the manual, anyone had this problem?

Not yet. My team is Liverpool so if i get stuck with Torres at like a 70something imma be pissed.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'll be on tonight fivehorizons and strikevillain if yall want to finish this thing out

---I had no problems with the adidas live download code on the back, i picked la liga though.

wouldnt dare pick the italian since dinho would prolly suck so i just went with the preseason stats which are good

ChrisGoldstein said:
I'll be on tonight fivehorizons and strikevillain if yall want to finish this thing out

---I had no problems with the adidas live download code on the back, i picked la liga though.

wouldnt dare pick the italian since dinho would prolly suck so i just went with the preseason stats which are good
I'll certainly be on tonight.

k0ji-wd

one more game to go. . .

but yeah, the live season thing, i'd been getting the updates already, it just all of a sudden wouldn't let me download the new one. . .oh well, fuck it

woodchuck

yeah, it was a really close, well-fought game. so far, i've lost all my matches 1-0

next time, i'm not heading back to the goalie :lol

woodchuck

sneaky77 said:
2 0-0 draws in a row.. ugh.. guess shalke guy still not appearing

i think that about ended your playoff chances :(. and damn, toronto hasn't won a game in their last 5 matches. did they shut it down because they have a huge division lead or is this drop in form going to continue into the playoffs?

and just a heads up...LD will be down from 9am GMT to 12 pm GMT today.

Larsen B

Gowans007 said:
well at least I get to take on Larson B for my final game :lol

you should all check out all manual settings tho, now I know the difference MAN!

That Larsen guy can't even string two passes together on assiste-

HEY!

I don't hold out any hope for any fortune whatsoever.

k0ji-wd

Larsen B said:

HEY!

hey man, if you're around, u wanna get our game played?

Gowans

Larsen B said:

HEY!

:lol

tonight Larson for our comedy game of errors?

woodchuck

Itxaka,

The power went out in my apartment complex...I just got it back.

Do you want to just call it a draw since it occurred in the 85th minute?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
we need to figure out something for schalke. preferably have all games done by sunday so we can start with playoffs then.

AstroLad said:
we need to figure out something for schalke. preferably have all games done by sunday so we can start with playoffs then.
Just played Match 12 against Atletico Madrid....freaking blew in the last damn minute. I'll get my games done guys.

EDIT: I wont be on until 10pm est tonight. I'll be glad to get some(if not all) of the games finished.

sneaky77

SNUG REVOL said:
Just played Match 12 against Atletico Madrid....freaking blew in the last damn minute. I'll get my games done guys.

EDIT: I wont be on until 10pm est tonight. I'll be glad to get some(if not all) of the games finished.

I won't be able to get on until saturday afternoon probably after 4pm est, same on sunday

sneaky77 said:
I won't be able to get on until saturday afternoon probably after 4pm est, same on sunday
That works for me. I'll send you a message on Live when I get out of work.(5ish)

LOL Cancer(Ajax) Let me know if you can play tonight.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
fivehorizons I'll be on late tonight after 10 eastern or tomorrow, saturday, and sunday most of the day.

Sorry I didnt play last night but I wanted to see some of the results around the league

This is so exciting lol

Magicked

ChrisGoldstein said:
fivehorizons I'll be on late tonight after 10 eastern or tomorrow, saturday, and sunday most of the day.

Sorry I didnt play last night but I wanted to see some of the results around the league

This is so exciting lol

I hope you lose. :D

Top Bottom