• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Champions League (FIFA 09)

Tf53

I think I managed to clinch a playoff spot with a win over Level 7 Boss. Still have my match with itxaka left, but I think I'm safe. Good game, Boss, real tight. I thought some of your shots were going in for sure, especially the beauty after the corner, but somehow I managed to keep a clean sheet!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Just for fun since I'm stuck at work, this is how I see the NA division playoffs going

1. real madrid vs 8. columbus/ac milan

2. atletico madrid vs 7. schalke 04

3. toronto fc vs 6. olympic lyonnais

4. manchester united vs. 5 fc barcelona

I wish we could spectate games

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ChrisGoldstein said:
I wish we could spectate games

Man, I've been wanting that since WE9. Would be really cool if you could watch. Certainly if they can pull off 10 v. 10 they can pull of having spectators?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
AstroLad said:
Man, I've been wanting that since WE9. Would be really cool if you could watch. Certainly if they can pull off 10 v. 10 they can pull of having spectators?

Prolly for 09 but more likely 10. You can do it in many shooters but no sports games that I know of.

You'd think it'd be easier for the servers or whatever to handle spectators as opposed to 20 real players.

Although it would be some awesome DLC for this year, doubt we'd get it though.

woodchuck

it's probably easy to do. they just don't know that fans want it since everyone on the fifa forums are dumbasses and complain about the most inane things like jersey numbers

Fifty

Yeah...they'll offer daily roster updates with changes in every player's caloric intake before they offer spectators in sports games. It's a very niche market, but for those of us in leagues it would be a huge deal. I'd honestly pay double the price for a game that had that feature.

Sorry chaps I'll have to drop out for now, I traded in six games for a Wii, and Fifa was one of them, I won't have it back until wednesday.

I probably would of lost my games anyway so just give the 3 people who needed to play me an automatic win since they're close or are in a playoff position already.

The Old Lady will be back though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So cheesybread is out too I guess? Anyway, I guess anyone who needs to play Ajax or Juventus message me and we'll get these games done. Let's shoot for today.

Tf53

Itxaka, will you be around tonight or tomorrow? If not, can someone sub for Osasuna? I'd like to get the last game over with.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
If he doesn't respond in the next few hours I'll take over for him too. I strongly encourage people to not abandon their teams though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So I guess I'll take over Juventus for now, but you can always play with either me or woodchuck. Woodchuck's got the rest.

As a friendly reminder: DO NOT ABANDON YOUR TEAMS, PLEASE.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
see how easy it is to play games folks? lol at woodchuck and i knocking out like half of euro div's unplayed games in an hour.

woodchuck

Teams that we're subbing for:

Ajax
Ossasuna
Valencia (?)
Juventus

not sure what's up with bayern either.

anyone can volunteer to sub if you guys want. you can just post the stats on gaf, and we'll enter them.

we want to start the playoffs ASAP! more details about the playoffs will be posted later today in this thread as well as LD

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So now after I won two games with them, Juventus is in the playoff hunt? :lol Whatever we will give that spot to someone who finished the season properly if need be. Juventus is used to getting banned from stuff, right?

i know losing against subbed teams is annoying and this is why deadbeats suck but hopefully the good people stick around for season 2 where there will be none.

woodchuck

yeah, i won with juventus too :lol . got lucky against cjelly, but oh well. maybe we'll give that playoff spot to someone who managed to play all their games in on time

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck said:
yeah, i won with juventus too :lol . got lucky against cjelly, but oh well. maybe we'll give that playoff spot to someone who managed to play all their games in on time

Yeah I actually think the easiest way to deal with it is to just treat the subbed teams like arsenal, juventus, etc. as not being in the league.

woodchuck

AstroLad said:
Yeah I actually think the easiest way to deal with it is to just treat the subbed teams like arsenal, juventus, etc. as not being in the league.

i meant we can let the owner of a team who played all their games in on time (that didn't make the playoffs) to take over juventus

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck said:
i meant we can let the owner of a team who played all their games in on time (that didn't make the playoffs) to take over juventus

Actually don't like that solution as much since no one really feels like they have ownership of these deadbeat teams. Rather just let the #9 team get in with their real team than someone just take over a random deadbeat team if that makes sense.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i also have a game to play against him w/ ajax. folks if you don't get your games played you're out regardless of whether you're in the playoffs or not we'll just give the spot away.

Daigoro

havent heard from either of my last remaining 2 opponents yet this week.

im seding out messages to Magicked and Shinobi now.

lets get this season wrapped up MLS!

woodchuck

PLAYOFF INFO

- We are using the aggregate goals, home/away format of the Champions League with away goals as the tiebreaker.

Champions league rules: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071223124747AA7jtqX

- Play each set of games (home/away) through the in-game league UNLESS you've been getting disconnections through the in-game league. Then play the games through a 7 minute custom unranked match and end it after 90 minutes.

- If everything is still tied after two games (aggregate goals as well as away goals), then play a THIRD match through 7 MINUTE CUSTOM UNRANKED MATCH and keep playing through overtime and Penalty Kicks. you DO NOT have to keep track of stats for this 3rd match. just who won.

To make a 7 minute custom unranked match:
Xbox Live > Online Game Modes > FIFA 09 Match Creation > Head to Head Play > Create Match > Create Unranked Session

Then change the half length to 7 minutes.

- You can play the playoffs at your own pace. If you know who your opponent in the next round already is, you can go ahead and play further rounds. You do not have to wait for everyone to finish the round. BUT the matches must be completed by the due dates.

- The final match will be a single game. The finalists can agree upon who is the home team.

Playoffs will start on Monday, Dec 8th. I'd like to start tomorrow, but the playoff teams and seeding are not finalized

Good luck!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah I had to run, you can play with either me or woodchuck though, be sure to get your other games in by tomorrow too!

N.A

Banned
I need to play Osasuna & Valencia & both need subs so if anyone can sub for them please send me a message on Live: AllApologies17.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
is magicked around anymore?

rob monge?

everyone else who has games to finish?

bueller?

i think schalke is gonna be out b/c he hasn't played his last game even though i messaged him about it yesterday so everyone in NA who finishes their games (or posts that they've tried) will get bumped up a spot.

Magicked

Sorry guys. I've had a busy weekend. I'll be around today to play my matches, but I probably won't sign into xbox live until tonight. I'll be at home though working on my thesis, so I'll be signed on AIM and if anyone comes around to play I'll jump on and get it done.

I see that Milan won, so I won't be able to make the top 8. :(

Tf53

Magicked said:
Sorry guys. I've had a busy weekend. I'll be around today to play my matches, but I probably won't sign into xbox live until tonight. I'll be at home though working on my thesis, so I'll be signed on AIM and if anyone comes around to play I'll jump on and get it done.

I see that Milan won, so I won't be able to make the top 8. :(
You might still be in if Schalke is DQed.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yep magicked good chance you'll be in. disregard arsenal as well (my brother's rrod team).

i got the owners mixed up, i think/hope that schalke will get his last game in (vs. sneaky) tonight. it was atletico madrid i was referring to as likely getting dqed

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
alright just got in the last game vs. atletico madrid, so looks like schalke will be the odd man out after all unless that game somehow gets in. euro division last spot is also up for grabs based on who gets their games in.

Magicked

AstroLad said:
yep magicked good chance you'll be in. disregard arsenal as well (my brother's rrod team).

i got the owners mixed up, i think/hope that schalke will get his last game in (vs. sneaky) tonight. it was atletico madrid i was referring to as likely getting dqed

Oh! Well sweet! Except I'm going to start off by getting my ass handed to me by Real Madrid.:lol

One thing to note though. I will be going out of town on Friday of this week and will be gone until the 23rd. So I don't know how the tourney will be structured, but I will need to get as much done as possible this week. Of course, that's assuming I win.:D

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lol this is awesome, was checkin yalls scores thru your profiles its very exciting.

I rather play toronto I have lots of trouble with real

Shinobi

You'll regret those words, Goldstein. :lol

Got my last game in...I'm currently holding down the second seed in the east. RobMonge's Athletico Madrid will just need to win to bump me down to third though.

Can't wait for the playoffs to start...played around with some tatics the last couple games that I think could help me out.

woodchuck

once we have all the seeds finalized (and who we're going to DQ), playoffs will begin immediately.

i'm flipping a coin for who gets home first :lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Shinobi said:
You'll regret those words, Goldstein. :lol

Got my last game in...I'm currently holding down the second seed in the east. RobMonge's Athletico Madrid will just need to win to bump me down to third though.

Can't wait for the playoffs to start...played around with some tatics the last couple games that I think could help me out.

haha we´ll see son

Atletico owned you and I beat him

shots fired :lol

Top Bottom