• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Champions League (FIFA 09)

woodchuck

also, if a goalie is man of the match, just include him in the regular player stats.

also, do the valencia players not have any stats (man of the match, clean sheet)?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Good jobs getting your games in early guys. Only thing I ask, especially going forward is to read the rules carefully ESPECIALLY regarding stats. If you have any questions please ask.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
AstroLad said:
Good jobs getting your games in early guys. Only thing I ask, especially going forward is to read the rules carefully ESPECIALLY regarding stats. If you have any questions please ask.

nm

:mad:

It looks like some people have played some their proper matches on League Daddy, yet these were Pre-season matches.

I take it these pre-season games count towards the group tables proper then?

Tf53

Feral Youth said:
It looks like some people have played some their proper matches on League Daddy, yet these were Pre-season matches.

I take it these pre-season games count towards the group tables proper then?
I think the standings are "pre-season standings". They can be wiped out prior to the actual leagu starting, or am I mistaken?

Fifty

Tf53 said:
I think the standings are "pre-season standings". They can be wiped out prior to the actual leagu starting, or am I mistaken?

Correct.

Everything is subject to change, but I can say without a doubt that the standings and stats will be reset once the regular season begins.

woodchuck

yep, everything you see: stats, schedule, standings, etc is pre-season. The pre-season is just to iron out the kinks and to get everyone used to league daddy and entering stats.

Once the regular season starts, everything will reset. We're giving you guys about 10 days to complete the preseason (1 game).

This is subject to change, but keep in mind, that in the regular season, the league will move at a faster pace - approximately 2-3 games per week.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
PLAY YOUR GAMES, FOLKS. First full weekend is this one, as I said if you don't play and don't notify me, you're out. I'm happy to have leaugue of 32 or a league of 8 as long as everyone is committed.

Frenck said:
I'm such a lucky son of a bitch. I found a hidden stash of money on my bank account :lol

YAY

Niiiice.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
A quick pointer--where you enter Shots and Shots on Goal it says "(Avg.)." Obviously just enter actual shots and shots on goal, just a small quirk of LeagueDaddy.

Daigoro

i may or may not get to my preseason game this weekend . wife hogs the xbox on the weekend (and tonight is Rock band night with the guys) . im sure i can sneak on at some point though.

but fivehorizons and i have already played a game together, and our schedules are compatible, so we should have no problem getting in our preseason game by early next week.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
If I can get viva anticon on live, he was on every day the past few days so idk what's up.

It'll be nice to get back to 1 vs 1 after the harsh world that is 10 vs 10 for me.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
fyi

1. Join the FIFA 09 GAF League (in-game)
We'll be using the in-game league to run games, as a friends list/matchmaking tool. The standings, etc. in the league will of course be totally irrelevant, but setting up games through the league will allow us to play our regular season with no OT or PKs. All you need to do is go to Leagues and search for "gaf" and pick the "neogaf league" (it is private and requires a password), enter the password (gaf), and pick your team. If your opponent has not registered you will NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY YOUR GAME.

2. Check the Schedule
You can see your game(s) on the front page of leaguedaddy or on the schedule page.

3. Contact Your Opponent
Get in touch with your opponent to schedule your game ASAP. Please try the following methods: (1) post in league thread on GAF; (2) PM on GAF; (3) contact via IM/e-mail/other info listed on leaguedaddy page; or (4) message via XBLA. Give it a few days and if your opponent doesn't respond, PM me on GAF. People not responding to messages will be booted quickly and without due process.

4. Play Your Game with the Correct Settings
Both players should boot up FIFA at the scheduled time. The HOME team should go into the GAF league (in-game) and invite their opponent to league game.

Before each game, make sure your 360 Controller Settings are correct. Shot/Cross/Pass should be set to SEMI or MANUAL and NOT AUTO. Through pass and Lobbed through pass can be set to MANUAL OR AUTO. This is in keeping with the sim nature of the league. It also makes for a better and more realistic playing experience.

5. BOTH Players Write Down Stats.
Format of schedule is [AWAY] at [HOME]. THE SECOND TEAM LISTED IS THE HOME TEAM AND IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ENTERING TEAM STATS. BOTH TEAMS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENTERING THEIR INDIVIDUAL PLAYER STATS.

TEAM STATS
Both players should write down the following team stats after the game is over (REMEMBER IN LEAGUE GAMES THERE ARE NO OTs AND NO PKs, GAME ENDS AFTER SECOND PERIOD, WRITE DOWN STATS THEN):
goals
shots
shots on target
possession %
tackles
fouls
yellow cards
red cards
injuries
offsides
corners

The HOME team will then enter the stats on LeagueDaddy as described below. The AWAY team will be a backup and can trash the stats after HOME team has entered them and they have shown up on the site.

PLAYER STATS
Both players need to write down the following stats for THEIR OWN TEAM'S PLAYERS:
goals
man of the match
yellow cards
red cards
wins (gk)
clean sheet (gk)

BOTH PLAYERS then go onto LeagueDaddy and enter player stats for THEIR OWN TEAM.

6. BOTH PLAYERS ENTER STATS ON LEAGUEDADDY

We have already set up your team rosters. If you need to modify them, simply:
1. Click the roster button on the “More” menu.
2. On the left is a list of teams. To add/delete/edit your roster, click on your own team.
3. Edit away. You can also add player pictures here.

To access the individual game score/stat entry page, click the “@” OR click the “enter” next to the game on the schedule.

You will then be at the stat entry page where the HOME TEAM will enter the team stats ("Game Stats") displayed at the end of a match FOR BOTH TEAMS. LD will calculate the "Shot Accuracy" automatically. Don't forget to enter scoring by periods as well.

You don’t really need to have to worry about the scoring periods. Also, you have 3 choices for saving game stats. I would click “Save without notify.” This way, it doesn’t send an email to everyone about the stats (in case they forgot to uncheck that option).

After saving the game stats, BE SURE TO ENTER PLAYER STATS. BOTH TEAMS (HOME AND AWAY) ENTER PLAYER STATS.

To enter the player stats, click on your team’s player stats option at the stat entry screen. Each player can only enter their own players’ stats.

You ONLY need to enter stats for players that SCORED A GOAL, WON MAN OF THE MATCH, GOT A YELLOW CARD OR GOT A RED CARD.

If you don’t see a player that you need to enter stats for, you will need to add him to the roster, but this shouldn’t be a problem.

For goalies, just enter a "1" if they won or got a clean sheet. Same for Man of the Match, enter a "1" for him or her.

Be sure to check "Save currently selected players as default lineup." It will save your current players so you don’t have to keep finding them in the drop down window. Don’t forget to SAVE!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
ok me and viva played our match, all stats are entered on my side...he just needs to enter his player stats

---it was a lucky win, damn foul glitch saved me....when you get fouled it will not give you advantage instead it's a free kick....bs

viva anticon

Neo Member
it was a good game, either way. I shoulda converted my chances better, instead of giving up silly balls. I learned how to play better defense and I took it to a few game winning streak in Ranked matches, so all-in-all, I'll say it was positive :).

woodchuck

also, just as an fyi, you don't need to enter "zero" for something that doesn't have a stat.

if henry just scores a goal, you can just leave YC, RC, etc blank. you don't have to enter zero for each box.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
nice work uh regulars. looks like we are about a third of the way through the games. just a reminder games have to be played by end of next weekend on and monday we're just going to boot people and create the final official league. we'll see how many are left standing as it looks like there are still at least ten or so people who haven't even joined the in-game league you need to join to play your games.

also pls enter stats right--home team (team that does the invite) enters team stats for both teams and each team enters player stats for its own team (THIS INCLUDES WINS AND CLEAN SHEETS FOR GKs)

league is gonna be damn damn damn good.

woodchuck said:
also, if a goalie is man of the match, just include him in the regular player stats.

also, do the valencia players not have any stats (man of the match, clean sheet)?

I'm trying to find out where to enter stats, read the guide but can't seem to find it *bewildered*

All my players are active, just cannot find the correct screen.

itxaka

Defeatist
I'm playing with gowans on moday probably, it's a shame I couldn't bring my xbox over work to play some matches :(

woodchuck

Level 8 Boss said:
I'm trying to find out where to enter stats, read the guide but can't seem to find it *bewildered*

All my players are active, just cannot find the correct screen.

2liwgsz.jpg

near the top where it says "valencia player stats"

Magicked

So I'm not able to find the gaf league when I search for it. I've searched for 'gaf', 'neogaf', 'neogaf league', and the abbreviation 'gaf' and it never finds anything. Anyone else had this? Also, do I need to forward any ports on my router to play online?

Edit: Well, I just tried to go to another online section and it said the EA servers were not available. I guess that may explain it. I still need to know about port forwarding though if it's required (I'm guessing no).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Magicked said:
So I'm not able to find the gaf league when I search for it. I've searched for 'gaf', 'neogaf', 'neogaf league', and the abbreviation 'gaf' and it never finds anything. Anyone else had this? Also, do I need to forward any ports on my router to play online?

Edit: Well, I just tried to go to another online section and it said the EA servers were not available. I guess that may explain it. I still need to know about port forwarding though if it's required (I'm guessing no).

Yep, damn ea. Port forwarding not required; they're just down.

TheRoodster

Neo Member
I might be playing my match right now, is it essential to do it through the league then? Who knows when the servers will be up.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
TheRoodster said:
I might be playing my match right now, is it essential to do it through the league then? Who knows when the servers will be up.

Yeah otherwise the stats get messed up and we just want people to learn how to do it and get used to it. If it's a frequent problem (esp. on freaking weekends) we'll have to retool for the regular season, but for now just see if they're back up.

Shinobi

Shockingly, I was actually competitive...till the 90th minute anyway. :lol

I just made a chatroom to help organize games a little easier...

Server: irc.gamecubecafe.com
Room: FIFA09

Gotta finish copying these match stats now...could take a while.

Magicked

Were the league servers down when you guys played? They're still down (I think) and sneaky and I can't play our match... :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yep they're down. EMERGENCY BACKUP PLAN:
-play 6 min game and write down all stats--TEAM AND PLAYER, incl. GK stats- (win & clean sheet)-after REGULAR TIME--this is the result you will enter (HAVE A PEN READY b/c YOU'LL ONLY HAVE 30 seconds)
-play OT and PKs for "fun"
-write down MoTM after match, BUT NO OTHER STATS)
of course ANY OTHER SITUATION you have to use league invite (makes it much easier too)

woodchuck

how many pauses does each team get?

do you think you could pause at kickoff of overtime and still view the stats under:

match details > match facts - team stats
match details > match events - player stats

also, under this situation, if one player quits, you'll be sent to the arena.
please don't quit early until you have confirmation that the stats are all written down

edit- nevermind. don't quit early. just play ot/pks for fun.

but don't kickoff ot until you have confirmation that all the stats are written

Magicked

There are 3 pauses I think.

Fortunately, sneaky beat me 2 - 0, so we didn't have to rush in writing the stats down. BTW, I didn't see anything for writing down both corners and offsides. Were they there and I just missed them?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah they're on the normal stat page, actually everything on the LD stat page is in the same order as the fifa stat page except for tackles, so at the bottom just have to scroll.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Try to send him an XBL message. It'd be better if everyone checked GAF at least every few days but try that. If that doesn't work let me know.

EDIT: One word of warning about games w/ people who don't really check GAF though is to politely remind them to read the rules re posting of stats. If someone doesn't follow the rules that's just as useless as not playing, and it will have the same result.

woodchuck

there's been some confusion about player stats.

If something does not have a stat, you DO NOT need to enter anything. You can just leave it blank rather than entering zero for everything.

remember for players, it's

Goals, Man of the match, Yellow Card, Red Card

if a goalie happens to be man of the match, you can include him in this section.

for goalies, it's

Wins, Clean Sheet

Shinobi

Well I had no clean sheet (fucking Babel), no cards, and no MOTM. So I presume I could just click 'enter' without doing anything?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Correct--if you have none of the following stats you don't have to enter anything for Player Stats:

PLAYER STATS
Both players need to write down the following stats for THEIR OWN TEAM'S PLAYERS:
goals
man of the match
yellow cards
red cards
wins (gk)
clean sheet (gk)

woodchuck

Shinobi said:
Well I had no clean sheet (fucking Babel), no cards, and no MOTM. So I presume I could just click 'enter' without doing anything?

yeah, if that's the case, you don't have to enter any player stats. but since it looks like you were the home team, you'd still have to enter the team stats.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
it is set to six. you don't have to do anything though other than go into the league and send league invite to your opponent as the league already has all the correct settings.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Oh, fuck. I don't think I even joined in the in-game league, yeah.

Damn you, Astro! I expect invites to these things, not have to do it myself!

Myself and Ajay are playing in 20 minutes. I'm going to get slaughtered as I haven't practised at all. Spent all weekend play Saints Row 2 and messing about in Be A Pro with you guys.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
haha. it's easy just go to leagues and search "gaf" it's the one with the pw which is also "gaf." make sure ajay joins too if he hasn't. whoever is home team sends the invite and records and enters team stats. both players enter player stats (for more info see rules; it's VERY simple). nice thing about league is that it's all pre-set, and also no OTs or PKs. have fun!

Top Bottom