• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Champions League (FIFA 09)

Daigoro

sounds awesome. (except that you lost, but still-)

i should be getting my preseason game in tonight.

im having so much fun with this game that now im wishing that i picked a more competitive team. its going to be rough using an MLS team against most of the other Euro teams.

im going to give it my all though, and try to eek out a few wins.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Well we're going to try to keep similarly ranked teams together. So assuming we keep this exact setup, top two teams from your divisions will qualify for the championship playoffs. You may get matched up against Man U in the first round but hey. We're also very likely going to do a UEFA-Cup style playoff for the rest. So, e.g., 6 people from each conference will qualify for championship playoffs, next 6 for uefa cup, and bottom 4 for NOTHING!

Daigoro

AstroLad said:
Well we're going to try to keep similarly ranked teams together. So assuming we keep this exact setup, top two teams from your divisions will qualify for the championship playoffs. You may get matched up against Man U in the first round but hey. We're also very likely going to do a UEFA-Cup style playoff for the rest. So, e.g., 6 people from each conference will qualify for championship playoffs, next 6 for uefa cup, and bottom 4 for NOTHING!

ruh roh. soundd like im going to have to work really hard and get a bit lucky.

Ajay1986

cjelly said:
I lost 2-3. :( Took the lead twice, as well, and Ajay scored in the 90th minute.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.gif

Hehe was a great match overall i'd say you probably played better and should have scored in the first minute. Still I'm happy i got 2 goals with my favorite player Nihat.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
daamn cjelly got Nihat'd.

Nihat-Kahveci-celeb-first-goal-Turkey-v-Czech_952603.jpg

Daigoro

AstroLad said:
yes it would be embarassing to miss both the real playoffs and the loser tournament. *eep*

yes it would. im not ruling it out yet though.

AstroLad said:
TEAM STATS
Both players should write down the following team stats after the game is over (REMEMBER IN LEAGUE GAMES THERE ARE NO OTs AND NO PKs, GAME ENDS AFTER SECOND PERIOD, WRITE DOWN STATS THEN):
goals
shots
shots on target
possession %
tackles
fouls
yellow cards
red cards
injuries
offsides
corners

question: where does one log the injuries on the stat form? under player stats? i dont see it.

Magicked

AstroLad said:
Correct--if you have none of the following stats you don't have to enter anything for Player Stats:

PLAYER STATS
Both players need to write down the following stats for THEIR OWN TEAM'S PLAYERS:
goals
man of the match
yellow cards
red cards
wins (gk)
clean sheet (gk)

I just realized why this is the case. On the league daddy home page for our league, you can see a lot of the Columbus Crew players with "0" for all those stats. Pretty useless information. :p

Fifty

sneaky77 said:
Looks like a lot of people are still to play their matches

They're just so in love with the concept of the league, and so grateful to be playing on League Daddy, that they're waiting till the very last minute to play their games...so that they're able to fully enjoy it. It's like Tantric sex, except on the pitch.

woodchuck

Fifty said:
They're just so in love with the concept of the league, and so grateful to be playing on League Daddy, that they're waiting till the very last minute to play their games...so that they're able to fully enjoy it. It's like Tantric sex, except on the pitch.

so that's what the WE announcers meant when they kept saying "he dicks it through"

Daigoro

uh, you entered the stats fivehorizons? i was supposed to do that.

im not sure if you entered the player stats, and motm stuff. i cant seem to access it.

i still have it all written down. let me know if i need to do antyhing guys.

GG fivehorizons. keep playing hard brother!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah once shinobi enters stats for his game we just have one game left in the NA division. EU division otoh....

Daigoro

dude WTF. i just wrote a lengthy write up for my preseason game (maybe my only win!), and use the stupid "recap wizard". there appeared to be no way to actually submit the entry and now is gone.

not happy. though im sure it was probably a user error.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Daigoro

jesus it was eloquent! (ill rety it tomorrow, but i wont nail it like i did tonight... pissed!!)

and fivehorizons needs to add Drogba for his Red Card. i cant do it.

though neither one of us witnessed it. musrve been after thw whistle.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Daigoro said:
dude WTF. i just wrote a lengthy write up for my preseason game (maybe my only win!), and use the stupid "recap wizard". there appeared to be no way to actually submit the entry and now is gone.

not happy. though im sure it was probably a user error.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

strange. i've never used it before but basically what it does is just apply formatting to your recap that you can then copy paste, e.g.:

TEST
test
test

check your clipboard (i.e. do a paste)

Daigoro

AstroLad said:
strange. i've never used it before but basically what it does is just apply formatting to your recap that you can then copy paste, e.g.:

TEST
test
test

check your clipboard (i.e. do a paste)

eh, i did, but i made a bullshit copy of the topic header before i closed the window. IE i fucked up. :/

itxaka

Defeatist
gowans and I are playing tonigth as well.

Anyone up for some matches rigth now?

GT: Itxaka, add me to play naow!

Magicked

Wow, Daigoro with NE takes the win vs. fivehorizons and Chelsea! Nice one! I'd imagine the 63% possession helped that a lot, although shots and sog went the other direction.

Shinobi

woodchuck said:
yeah, if that's the case, you don't have to enter any player stats. but since it looks like you were the home team, you'd still have to enter the team stats.

I was the road team in this game, but I did save the stats to notepad, so I'll throw 'em into the site later this evening (actually I thought I entered player stats already, but I obviously messed that up somehow).

woodchuck

Shinobi said:
I was the road team in this game, but I did save the stats to notepad, so I'll throw 'em into the site later this evening (actually I thought I entered player stats already, but I obviously messed that up somehow).

alright cool. it shouldn't take long (maybe 2 minutes max).

yeah league daddy can be confusing since it's,

away @ home

in the game, it's

home vs away.

also, it looks like Frenck (werder bremen) got banned. he won't be able to see the online forum either.

i guess if you need to contact Frenck, either send a Xbox Live message or post on the League Daddy message board. I know we said not to post there anymore (since we want all discussion on gaf to make it easier), but I think this is a special circumstance.

woodchuck

AstroLad said:
I don't remember, but is the team that sends the invite home?

yep

replayy said:
Ok me and Frenck have played our game, drew 0-0.

sweet. 9/16 games completed so far.

and just a reminder, you don't have to enter "zeros" for anything that doesn't have a stat. You can just leave it blank. inputting player stats should take no more than a minute. we don't want you guys to have to go through the tediousness of inputting "zeros" for everything.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
replayy said:
Ok me and Frenck have played our game, drew 0-0.

Nice job guys; entered the stats perfectly and everything. fyi you don't have to put a "0" if a player didn't get a stat (e.g., if he didn't win).

Perfect. Then yeah whoever sent the invite (should be the Home team; even if you weren't technically Home per schedule though just to make it easier WHOEVER SENT INVITE) is in charge of the team stats.

woodchuck

yeah, i went ahead and cleared the zeros for those that don't have player stats. The zeros kind of mess up the leaderboards.

The only "zero" you guys need to enter is shots and shots on goal in the team stats...and the score of course.

Gowans

Right off to a shit start, missed two open goals trying to show off.

2-1 to itxake, so good when there is something on the line.
Really great game, my defence played a blinder till half way through the second half and then it was mare time. One goal off a horrible clearance/corner and then another. Luckily I got my shit together for a cheeky one from the midfield and Whitehead near the end.

TEAM STATS

Sunderland - Gowans007
goals: 1
shots: 5
shots on target: 1
possession: 44%
tackles: 21
fouls: 1
yellow cards: 0
red cards: 0
offsides: 0
corners: 0

AT. Osasuna - itxaka
goals: 2
shots: 14
shots on target: 8
possession: 56%
tackles: 10
fouls: 0
offsides: 0
corners: 4

PLAYER STATS
goals: D. Whitehead 1
man of the match: Danny Collins
wins (gk) 0
clean sheet (gk) 0

Now to put this on League daddy, guess im doing it right.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
good job guys, just a reminder only the team MAKING THE INVITE needs to enter team stats (for BOTH teams) but EACH TEAM needs to enter player stats for their own team (g, rc, yc, motm, w, cs). imo though you are always safer off jotting down team stats anyway in case the other person screws up (which if they do enough, they'll be booted for) otherwise we have to make them up and that's not fun.

and yep having something on the line makes things MUCH more interesting (and this is just preseason)!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hot damn look like we won't have to be booting many people out. 32-man league it may be. :D

fyi woodchuck and I have been getting many message from xbl randoms to join the league. go gafleague.

Roxas

Hey , just tried a couple of games with kobashi but the lag was real real bad and it was unplayable. Were not sure what to do now?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
aren't you guys both in the uk? that's weird haven't really heard of that happening and certainly hasn't happened to me (even 7v7 usvukvitalyvwhoknowswhere). try again i suppose. if someone in eu conf is having consistent unplayable lag w/ uk peeps they will probably have to drop out.

Roxas

I know, it was strange and it aint happened to me before either. When i was playing with you yankee doodles the other night there wasnt a problem either. Maybe the EA servers are fucking with us.

Fifty

That's hopefully it. Try switching up the hosts..unplugging your router..aside from those 2 (2nd idea probably won't help) I've got nothing. Waiting it out should fix it if nothing else does.

woodchuck

great job guys for playing your games. now just 4 matches left.

One thing I noticed is that the road team is often not inputting the player stats. I'm not sure if they're just going to input them at a later time or if there is some confusion.

The person that invited inputs both TEAM stats (shots, possession, offsides, etc)

Each team inputs their own PLAYER stats.

woodchuck

following people still have not joined the in-game league:

32. Manchester City (zombieshavebrains/nietzschezombie) EDT
16. Toronto FC (Shinobi/Shinobi 435) EDT
20. AS Roma (FF_VIII/Drunken Hobo 85) UK/GMT
30. Fiorentina (Exypher/Exypher) Netherlands/GMT+1
13. Olympique Marseille (kobashi100/kobashi100) UK/GMT

To join:

Xbox Live > Online Game modes > Online leagues > Search Leagues

It is called "neogaf league". Search abbreviation "gaf". The password is "gaf".

You have to play the games through the in-game league to prevent an overtime/pks.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
fyi you HAVE to play your games through the league. go to my league and send league invite to your opponent.

Shinobi

Okay, got the game stats sorted. For players do I just input the names of those who played, or everyone on the roster?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Shinobi said:
Okay, got the game stats sorted. For players do I just input the names of those who played, or everyone on the roster?

here ya go:

PLAYER STATS
man of the match
yellow cards
red cards
wins (gk)
clean sheet (gk)

BOTH PLAYERS then go onto LeagueDaddy and enter player stats for THEIR OWN TEAM.

6. BOTH PLAYERS ENTER STATS ON LEAGUEDADDY

We have already set up your team rosters. If you need to modify them, simply:
1. Click the roster button on the “More” menu.
2. On the left is a list of teams. To add/delete/edit your roster, click on your own team.
3. Edit away. You can also add player pictures here.

To enter the player stats, click on your team’s player stats option at the stat entry screen. Each player can only enter their own players’ stats.

You ONLY need to enter stats for players that SCORED A GOAL, WON MAN OF THE MATCH, GOT A YELLOW CARD OR GOT A RED CARD.

If you don’t see a player that you need to enter stats for, you will need to add him to the roster, but this shouldn’t be a problem.

For goalies, just enter a "1" if they won or got a clean sheet. Same for Man of the Match, enter a "1" for him or her.

Be sure to check "Save currently selected players as default lineup." It will save your current players so you don’t have to keep finding them in the drop down window. Don’t forget to SAVE!

Roxas said:
Me and Kobashi are having our game tonight.

Roxas I will try play you next time I see you online mate. Dunno why the lag was that bad, never had it like that before. was totally unplayable..

Larsen B

N.A and I had some lag last night. Not unplayable but definitely distracting. Maybe there was something more nefarious going on. The ghost of Frenck, perhaps?

A complete smash-and-grab victory last night. I was always on the back foot and N.A showed some incisive passing. I can see why he toppled the might of (Astro-less) Barcelona!

k0ji-wd

So what's the deal for those (2 of us) still on the waiting list AstroLad? Are you waiting till this weekend to boot people and then give us a few days to play any games we need to play?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
k0ji-wd said:
So what's the deal for those (2 of us) still on the waiting list AstroLad? Are you waiting till this weekend to boot people and then give us a few days to play any games we need to play?

Waiting list people will be added as people drop. If before season starts, pick your team. If someone [read: jerk, absent special circumstances] quits during the season you'll take over their team. Unlikely you'll be asked to do pre-season game, but rather you'll just have to make sure you're comfortable with the rules (setting up games, stat entry, etc.).

Top Bottom