• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Champions League (FIFA 09)

woodchuck

kobashi100 said:
I just played Roxas (Goonyboy). won 2-0 in a tight game!

Roxas, well played mate..

was there an own goal? you have only 1 shot on goal, but 2 goals scored.

anyways, nice. just two games left to be played. we might start the league earlier if everyone finishes their games soon....

Roxas

kobashi100 said:
I just played Roxas (Goonyboy). won 2-0 in a tight game!

Roxas, well played mate..

Yeah good game. If my strikers werent a bunch of donkeys it might've been even tighter :lol

Also, AstroLad is it too late to change your team? Or is everything final now?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Roxas said:
Yeah good game. If my strikers werent a bunch of donkeys it might've been even tighter :lol

Also, AstroLad is it too late to change your team? Or is everything final now?

You can change; league will be final when we make schedules. I'll set the cut-off on that for midnight EDT tomorrow b/c we're going to be making schedules soon.

Roxas

Ok cool, can i change to Portsmouth then please?

woodchuck said:
was there an own goal? you have only 1 shot on goal, but 2 goals scored.

I was confused about this too but i think that headers dont count as shots on target. And one of his goals was a header.

woodchuck

Roxas said:
I was confused about this too but i think that headers dont count as shots on target. And one of his goals was a header.

EA just has to make things more difficult for no apparent reason.

i guess to be sure, i'll play a game against the AI where my first shot on target is a header just to see if it registers as a shot on goal.

Roxas said:
Ok cool, can i change to Portsmouth then please?

Yeah headers dont count as shots.. I noticed that myself!

EA do strange things.. :)

Magicked

Nice, I can't wait to start even though I'm terrible. I played a few matches against the CPU last night and got destroyed. Then I played an online match and lost 4-2. I just can't defend to save my life!

And what do you guys think of upping the match time to like 7 or 8 minutes? I prefer longer halves, but it's not a big deal to keep it at 6.

woodchuck

just a reminder since it keeps occurring,

please do not enter zero for the player stats if there are none. this kind of messes up the leaderboards and it makes you do additional work. you don't have to input players that don't even have stats.

Bad:
29dvgpw.jpg

Good:
2j1wftg.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
like woodchuck said earlier, the only "0s" you need are in shots an shots on goal. we'll put this in the final rules.

woodchuck

Magicked said:
Nice, I can't wait to start even though I'm terrible. I played a few matches against the CPU last night and got destroyed. Then I played an online match and lost 4-2. I just can't defend to save my life!

And what do you guys think of upping the match time to like 7 or 8 minutes? I prefer longer halves, but it's not a big deal to keep it at 6.

if you're having trouble defending, try putting your back line deep. you can do this under custom tactics by decreasing "pressure".

As for half length, we've been debating this. In order to change the half length, we'd have to make a brand new in-game league. It's not really a problem except everyone would have to rejoin. And it could be a hassle seeing as some people took a while to join the current in-game league.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
6 minutes is straight imo. As for the defensive line, you can set your formation manually to be further behind...then change the tactics on the defensive line from offside to cover.
Make sure you save the setting with the x button, then load them up before each game or make sure they loaded cuz some times they wont.

If you time it perfectly you can really burn the offside trap so I'd avoid that.

Magicked

Thanks for the tips. I'll try them out later.

6 minutes is fine if we have to recreate the league. If we have another league when this one finishes, we can talk about changing the half length then.

woodchuck

I've uploaded the schedules for the NA conference. I'll do EU later tonight but first...

NA people: make sure everything looks normal with your regular season schedule. To look at the schedule, it should be under your team page:

"My Teams".

the format of the schedule is :

3 games within division
6 games out of the division (2 random games from every other division)
3 games within division

= 12 total

Make sure you guys have 6 away/6 home. Or that you're not playing two games in the same week.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
looks good to me great work woodchuck (and also damn whatever random method you used that led to me having to play andres)

ps i love the team page that has the stat comparison against your next opponent. that is the kind of shit we paid for right there.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Dude my schedule is tough, I only see two games in there that look semi easy and that's cuz it's against mls teams.

Well it'll be fun either way. I need to stop playing Fable and practice fifa.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
One thing fifty brought up last week is that sometimes both players see a different man of the match. That is odd. I think the solution is straightforward though--obviously you can only enter MotM if he's on your own team, so just enter whatever MotM you see if that guy is on your team. If some games have two, so be it. If you have a MotM from the other guy's team, you don't have to enter anything in MotM.

FF_VIII

Banned
woodchuck said:
just a reminder since it keeps occurring,

please do not enter zero for the player stats if there are none. this kind of messes up the leaderboards and it makes you do additional work. you don't have to input players that don't even have stats.

Bad:
29dvgpw.jpg

Good:
2j1wftg.jpg

I have to admit I'm the bad example :(

I played a match earlier and only took the MOTM instead of the player ratings. I know now though :D

woodchuck

FF_VIII said:
I have to admit I'm the bad example :(

I played a match earlier and only took the MOTM instead of the player ratings. I know now though :D

oh wait. actually yeah, you only input MOTM. it looks like you forgot goals, yellow card, red card, and goalie stats.

maybe i didn't use the best example for "good" :p

but that's the point of the preseason, to get everyone used to inputting stats.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
also you can fix stats whenever. i seriously encourage everyone to write down all stats. it takes two minutes and it eliminates the danger that you lose all your stats for a game just b/c the other guy screwed up, got disconned, whatever.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
AstroLad said:
also you can fix stats whenever. i seriously encourage everyone to write down all stats. it takes two minutes and it eliminates the danger that you lose all your stats for a game just b/c the other guy screwed up, got disconned, whatever.

Yeah I just copied and printed that first page that has all the stats we have to write down and I'll do it for every game I play. I got 7 copies ready to go right now.

Magicked

Nice job on the schedule. Mine's a bit too hard though, so could you fix it? :D

ChrisGoldstein said:
Dude my schedule is tough, I only see two games in there that look semi easy and that's cuz it's against mls teams.

I'm going to laugh when I beat you with my Columbus Crew.
not gonna happen.

Daigoro

looks great woodchuck. us lesser teams (and managers) have a tough road ahead though.

cant wait to start playing. looks like i play sneaky77 Athletic Bilbao first.

when is the earliest we can start, next Sunday?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Daigoro said:
looks great woodchuck. us lesser teams (and managers) have a tough road ahead though.

interestingly of the "lopsided" matchups there were no blowouts. ne rev 1 chelsea 0; liverpool 1 toronto fc 0. my brother said playing in ranked matches he actually does better with lesser teams so hm.

i think earliest we can start will actually be tomorrow possibly.

woodchuck

Daigoro said:

yeah, it'll be tough for the lower division teams. but you guys will be competing with each other for the playoff spots so it evens out.

Fifty

Guys..does anyone know how to reset the roster ratings offline?

My problem is this: Online, the game uses the default ratings, so those are what I'd like to be checking offline, as I set my custom lineup and formation..but since I signed up to that Addias live update feature, I seem to only be able to see the 'current' player ratings.

I'd like to be able to work with the same ratings offline that I would be online. Any help?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Shit I just saw the option a few days ago; it's in a very weird place--I believe under My FIFA 09 and then go through the tabs and it lets you reset.

woodchuck

Fifty said:
Guys..does anyone know how to reset the roster ratings offline?

My problem is this: Online, the game uses the default ratings, so those are what I'd like to be checking offline, as I set my custom lineup and formation..but since I signed up to that Addias live update feature, I seem to only be able to see the 'current' player ratings.

I'd like to be able to work with the same ratings offline that I would be online. Any help?

man...you are so lucky i'm playing the game right now and can check.

My Fifa 09 > settings > advanced > Keep hitting RB until you get to the adidas live season option. you can turn it off there

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck said:
man...you are so lucky i'm playing the game right now and can check.

My Fifa 09 > settings > advanced > Keep hitting RB until you get to the adidas live season option. you can turn it off there

hoooooray fifa09 menu system. my brother and i were going through it yesterday and just laughing at all the shit we'd never use or even understand or find if we needed.

sneaky77

why doesn't the custom stuff carry over by default to online play, I have to re adjust my lineup and make sure the custom tactics are selected everytime I get on.. what a pain

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think it does sometimes. Make sure you save your squad separately under save/load under (i think) my fifa 09. I'll check it out tonight. Blame the FIFA menus like I always do.

woodchuck

sneaky77 said:
why doesn't the custom stuff carry over by default to online play, I have to re adjust my lineup and make sure the custom tactics are selected everytime I get on.. what a pain

you can save all your custom formations/tactics.

and then simply load them online.

Tf53

Hey, time-saving idea time. Would it be possible for someone to collect links to everyone's profile in the OP? That way, it would be easy to find the person you need to PM for the next game. If I had some extra time, I could do it, but as it is, I don't really even have time to write this post. :( Ajay, if you read this, PM me with your suggestion for game time. I think I have some time over the weekend, but I'll be really pressed next week.

Top Bottom