• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Champions League (FIFA 09)

Daigoro

im supposed to play one of my games tonight and one tomorrow. should be wrapped up for this week soon.

damn Magicked, i was about to postpone our game for tonight. i havent touched the game all weekend. i tried a quick game this afternoon before heading to work and im rusty as hell! i dont want to lose to the Crew. :lol

but screw it, ill try my best. the seasons first MLS matchup will take place tonight.

Magicked

Daigoro said:
im supposed to play one of my games tonight and one tomorrow. should be wrapped up for this week soon.

damn Magicked, i was about to postpone our game for tonight. i havent touched the game all weekend. i tried a quick game this afternoon before heading to work and im rusty as hell! i dont want to lose to the Crew. :lol

but screw it, ill try my best. the seasons first MLS matchup will take place tonight.

Lol, Me too! I didn't play at all over the weekend. Should be a terrible match!:lol

dk_

woodchuck said:
kobashi/dk:

I see that you guys played your game. Was the problem fixed or did you just play through the lag?
I seems he went with the wired connection and everything went fine.

Daigoro

Magicked said:
Lol, Me too! I didn't play at all over the weekend. Should be a terrible match!:lol

the employee covering me tonight is going to be about 10 minutes late or so. so im going to be running a little late.

hopefully you'll still be around, or we'll reschedule.

im going to try to send you a friend intvite on XBL now.

Daigoro

GG Magicked.

i sucked the big one. i really should have postpoed this match, i was really fumbling around there. and i dont think the 3-5-2 is going to cut it for me in this comp. i was getting worked on the wings.

unfortunately we lost connection around min 74. so all i entered was the score, 2-0 Crew (boo!).

you need to enter the player stats as far as you can remeber Magicked.

Magicked

Daigoro said:
GG Magicked.

i sucked the big one. i really should have postpoed this match, i was really fumbling around there. and i dont think the 3-5-2 is going to cut it for me in this comp. i was getting worked on the wings.

unfortunately we lost connection around min 74. so all i entered was the score, 2-0 Crew (boo!).

you need to enter the player stats as far as you can remeber Magicked.

Fortunately I was paying attention to who scored. Emmanuel Ekpo opened the scoring by launching a rocket into the top corner in the first half, and Alejandro Moreno later sealed the deal with a break away goal. I don't think we'll see too many from me like that first one. Like I said during the match, that was the first shot I've hit in this game from outside the 18! :lol

Anyway, GG. It was definitely a bummer that we got disconnected there near the end. Hopefully that doesn't happen too often during the season...

woodchuck

sucks about the disconnection.

if it happens in the 75th minute, either you can call it a game.

or you can start a new game but only play for 15 min and then end the game.. obviously, the team stats would be borked, but the player stats should be ok.

but of course, this may not work if someone got a red card....

dk_ said:
I seems he went with the wired connection and everything went fine.

I was using wireless! I dunno what was up with that first game. everything was smooth afterwards.

Good game. 2nd half I was rubbish but should of put away my chances in the 1st half..

dk_

kobashi100 said:
I was using wireless! I dunno what was up with that first game. everything was smooth afterwards.

Good game. 2nd half I was rubbish but should of put away my chances in the 1st half..
That first match was the worst online lag I've ever experienced. Maybe someone uses your internet connection w/o you knowing...

Roxas

Right, ive sent 3 or 4 messages to gowans007 to arrange our game with no reply so its up to you now mate to arrange the game.

I'll move on in the meantime to my second match against Larsen B.

woodchuck

dk_ said:
Just for the record. kobashi100 needs to enter his 'man of the match'.

marseille got man of the match but lost 2-0? this game can be really weird with stuff like that.

also, the game apparently does count headers as shots on goal.

Magicked

woodchuck said:
marseille got man of the match but lost 2-0? this game can be really weird with stuff like that.

Nope. This game is fucking brilliant in so many ways, but then there are all these WTFEAs! :lol

dk_

What about Frenck?

woodchuck said:

Lately, a friend of mine and myself got 2 different PotM.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Message him on XBL; he's definitely still involved.

Lately, a friend of mine and myself got 2 different PotM.

Yep, basically the rule is you just enter MotM if it's your own player. Last game I played we entered no MotM b/c I had my opponent's player and he had mine. Silly but hey.

woodchuck

yeah. with Frenck and ChrisGoldstein:

best thing would be to message them on XBL.

pretty much everyone in the league has been on gaf either yesterday or today. So PM'ing would be the best solution.

sneaky77 said:
I should play both my matches tonight

I want to get my games out the way today myself. I'll be on Fallout 3 for the most part after Wednesday.
I've already sent a message via live to Cjelly a few days ago, but he hasn't got back in touch, so I sent a pm here.

Ajay1986

"Level 7 Boss has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Hmmmmmmmm guess i'll have to try through XBL instead.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ajay1986 said:
"Level 7 Boss has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Hmmmmmmmm guess i'll have to try through XBL instead.

Actually it looks like his name here is Level 8 Boss and on XBL is Level 7 Boss.

Exypher

Very sorry for the delay dk_, hope it wasn't too inconvenient for you to play at this time. I got lucky a few times at the beginning but after my first goal things started going better :)

Daigoro

1 down 1 to go. im supposed to play sneaky77 tonight. im PMing him now.

Magicked said:
Fortunately I was paying attention to who scored. Emmanuel Ekpo opened the scoring by launching a rocket into the top corner in the first half, and Alejandro Moreno later sealed the deal with a break away goal. I don't think we'll see too many from me like that first one. Like I said during the match, that was the first shot I've hit in this game from outside the 18! :lol

Anyway, GG. It was definitely a bummer that we got disconnected there near the end. Hopefully that doesn't happen too often during the season...

yeah dude that was an excellent and unexpected goal. good job. congrats and GG, ill get you back in the second half of the season hopefully!

AstroLad said:
Actually it looks like his name here is Level 8 Boss and on XBL is Level 7 Boss.

Cheers Astro. I am contactable on both Gaf and Live as listed by Astro. Wed-Fri is now difficult for me to play. Best bet is to just add me, and if you see me on Wed-Fri grap me for the game. Sat-Sun would be ideal as I'm free. But will be able to play both games by then.

London time for the record. Lets Fifa 09

Fifty

If fiorentina's owner isn't going to give his players pictures, then I will! I won't stand for any of the leaders being faceless logos.

edit: Oh my..this new picture is looking good. Alberto, work it!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Wow, just had a great game with Feral Youth. I was playing awesome in the first half, really passing the ball around well. Scored 2 cracking goals, as well as another cracker in the second half, also by passing it around.

As usual, I fucking suck at defending. I seriously need to get myself sorted it. I can pass the ball around quite well and score a couple of goals, but I ALWAYS, ALWAYS end up Shit Creek without a paddle when it comes to crunch time in defence.

replayy / SVN 19 - Please hit me up on XBL one night this week so we can play our game. I'll be on from 8pm, if you just send me a message over Live when you're ready, even if I am away, cos I will receive it straight away on my PC thanks to XBList.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Yeah, it was a good game. I seriously am pinching myself at how well I was passing the ball around. For a second I thought I'd accidently picked Arsenal. :lol :lol

Apologies I haven't been on here for a bit, though, been playing Fable, fucking around in Gaming Forum and just generally being a tit. Should be back on track now, though. :D

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
woodchuck said:
holy shit. podolski with 4 goals :lol

is podolski starting over klose?
I know. :lol :lol I didn't even realise he'd got all 4 until I looked at the stats after. I was like... 'WHAT THE FUCK?!' :lol

I always do the LT + RB trick when I score, as well, but try not to on League games. For some reason it makes me cringe to do it to you guys. :lol

AND I NEVER, EVER USE A MIC FOR LEAGUE GAMES! Please don't be offended if you don't hear me speak. I get really riled up playing the game, and would rather keep my frustrations (and jubilations, heaven knows do I get excited!) to myself. Saves screaming down your ears.

woodchuck

as for defense,

if it's 1 on 1, I like to hold the left trigger so the defender will strafe. You can also hold LT + RT to do a running strafe.

and you can play around with the custom tactics or formation screen to adjust your back line.

Fifty

Wow..4 goals in one game. I'm jealous. Trust me, I'd know if I had 3 with one player!

5 days so far without a single game down in the Gervais Division. Keep the streak going, guys!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Hmm, Astro, Woodchuck -- any chance of just dropping a reminder to everyones Gamertag? I think some people may not have realised we've started the proper league.

Fifty

Yeah, I guess they could do that..but odds are that they're unlikely to be ideal league members if they haven't checked the thread/leaguedaddy site in over 5 days.

"N/A" "Gowans007" and Shinobi are the 3 people who have been MIA from the League Daddy site for the longest time. Most of the other 0 games played people have at least been keeping up to date, it seems.

I'm not worried about Real Madrid at all, because StrikeV and I played our preseason game so promptly.

Daigoro

bottom of the Dangerfield division!

my D is SWISS CHEESE! wtf. i did have the stupid offsides trap on at first and turned that shit off after the first half, but still fuck. i lost like 7-0 in a practice agame against some dude before this league game.

INSANE game with me and sneaky just now. he was tearing my defense apart, but i actually had some great chances and finished 3 times.

sadly in the first half i had a legit breakaway and sneaky pulled a really foul blatant slide tackle from behind when i was 1on1 with the keeper. red card awarded. i probably would have fucked up the finish anyways, but that was a really shitty foul.

on the flip side my forward got handed a pretty soft red in the second half on a badly times slide tackle.

im glad i got back in the game but shit i suck. i relly need to change my formation and tactics, and get better! more practice for me. 2 and 0 so far. downward spiral confirmed.

gg sneaky.

cjelly said:

dont read the thread or anything.

sneaky77

Daigoro said:
sadly in the first half i had a legit breakaway and sneaky pulled a really foul blatant slide tackle from behind when i was 1on1 with the keeper. red card awarded.

Harsh times require harsh measures, :lol I was more pissed at giving away the ball like that, than anything else.

7 mins is a long time damn lol

edit: thx for fixing my fuck up

sneaky77

Fifty said:
Yeah, I guess they could do that..but odds are that they're unlikely to be ideal league members if they haven't checked the thread/leaguedaddy site in over 5 days.

"N/A" "Gowans007" and Shinobi are the 3 people who have been MIA from the League Daddy site for the longest time. Most of the other 0 games played people have at least been keeping up to date, it seems.

I'm not worried about Real Madrid at all, because StrikeV and I played our preseason game so promptly.

I played against shinobi today.. I pm'd him on gaf and he replied and we set a time, no issues with him.

Daigoro

lame lame lame! seriously dude, you broke away like that on me like 10 times and i didnt resort to the slide from behind. not cool. all is forgiven though. it was an exciting game.

most of the other minor stats were reversed too like possesion corners etc. im fixing them now. still have the screen up on the game.

sneaky77

i probably got messed up with the different sides from home and away between the game and the league daddy screen... shit.. sorry, thanks for fixing my data entry mistake.

Top Bottom