• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Champions League (FIFA 09)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah, wow. even amassing a decent record i'm sure it will take me at least 7-9 more gamse to score that many goals.

Fifty

His game 3 and 4 opponents should put up more of a fight.. He has over 25 shots in each of his two games. That's just ridiculous. I mean, really ridiculous. He's either the God of FIFA, or he's just outclassing his competition, team-wise. I'm Man U and I won't come near those numbers (25 shots in one game) unless I start playing 2 star teams.

Anyone want to bitch about the cheesy tactics he did to generate that many chances? C'mon!

Roxas

Fifty said:
His game 3 and 4 opponents should put up more of a fight.. He has over 25 shots in each of his two games. That's just ridiculous. I mean, really ridiculous. He's either the God of FIFA, or he's just outclassing his competition, team-wise. I'm Man U and I won't come near those numbers (25 shots in one game) unless I start playing 2 star teams.

Anyone want to bitch about the cheesy tactics he did to generate that many chances? C'mon!

I dont use any tactics just the default ones. I just think Portsmouth are one of the better "mid" teams out there. Big strong defenders and two class strikers to put away the chances. These games arent the whitewashes that they suggest. i mean Larsen B had 51% of the possession in our last game!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
so i guess either a lot of people are playing their games tonight and tomorrow or we're going to have many booted come monday

Fifty

OSASUNA! VALENCIA! It's been over a week now, right? Someone should take over for these apathetic warriors. Hell, the stats are so easy to enter and the games are so quick (20 minutes everything included!), I could play as three teams!

If people honestly are having scheduling issues with their opponent (as can happen when both people have lives) I'd totally understand..But let us know! People put a lot of hard work into this league, and to see not everyone totally appreciating that is isn't cool. Even the busiest of people have time to pop in here and say what's up.

Because this league is so massive in #'s, yet such a quiet thread..I'm going to call out a random matchup and see what's up.

Ajax vs 04! Why haven't you guys played? If the problem is not being able to contact them, the solution could be as simple as finding the right means of communication. If scheduling is impossible, either you're really unlucky, or you're too busy to handle the league.

woodchuck

seriously. i've even pm'd you guys individually.

what's the status of your games?

we have about 5 or 6 people who post in this thread consistently out of 32. that's pretty pathetic compared to the other gaf leagues out there

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
New matches of the week are up: http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/?lid=2692

Following people are OUT (and also dubbed flakes forever) if they don't play their games and enter stats tomorrow:
itxaka
level8boss

cjelly, replayy please enter stats one of you. also level8boss. strikevillain, tf53, andres you all still have to play your last game as you know.

Fifty said:
Ajax vs 04! Why haven't you guys played? If the problem is not being able to contact them, the solution could be as simple as finding the right means of communication. If scheduling is impossible, either you're really unlucky, or you're too busy to handle the league.
Damn chill lol.

We played our game tonight. We've been in contact through out the week via XBL pm's. I'm checking this thread almost nightly to see the lastest news but I barely ever post. Dont worry about SC04, just look out for Kuranyi on the edge of box.:D

Tf53

Me and itxaka scheduled our game for tonight (Sunday evening). I've been working for about 65 hours this week, and I'll get home around six today. I hope I can book a slot for the game from the missus, she didn't seem too happy when I got home yesterday. :(

Next week will be a whole lot easier, since we got our deadline done with, and the gaming expo ends today.

sneaky77

I just want to say that if I am not talking back during the game, don't get offended, I hardly ever use the microphone and specially not when I am cussing the whole time lol

woodchuck

thanks for responding guys. we were getting a little worried since all it takes is one person to mess up the whole league.

tf53: check your pm's

Ajay1986

I wrote down the stats for mine and Level's game so if he doesn't play his other match and enter all the stats i can fill in the ones for my 1-0 win.

woodchuck

Ajay1986 said:
I wrote down the stats for mine and Level's game so if he doesn't play his other match and enter all the stats i can fill in the ones for my 1-0 win.

thanks.

we'll give him until the deadline.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
wow i've never missed so many chances. wow just wow. i'm just going to erase that entire game from my memory. moving on

woodchuck

Games still needed to be played

Match 1: Valencia at Osasuna
Match 2: AC Milan at Real Madrid

Games still needed to be entered

Match 2: Villarreal at Valencia (level 7 boss needs to enter score + team stats + any player stats

and wow. toronto fc beat down barcelona! shinobi is the truth!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
strikevillain said he was having a little trouble entering stats so i think that just needs stats too

Tf53

Me and itxaka played our match, and I think he and Level X Boss also played theirs. Itxaka, it was nowhere near as bad as the score suggests. If you'd scored from those early chances, I would've faced an uphill climb, and a steep one at that.

Fifty

Tf53 may have taken his time to finish his games, but his recaps more than make up for it. It's nice to read them. I started out last game entering in the minutes of my goals, but you inspired me to write up a (very brief) recap of my 3rd game.

woodchuck

Shinobi said:

i think i play arsenal later in the season. if i get a throw in the attacking 3rd, i'm just going to launch it into the box so one of my guys can chest it in past a flailing almunia

Shinobi

woodchuck said:
i think i play arsenal later in the season. if i get a throw in the attacking 3rd, i'm just going to launch it into the box so one of my guys can chest it in past a flailing almunia

:lol Also feel free to slide into any of their forwards, as you'll probably be able to injure them and not even get a card for doing so!

woodchuck

Shinobi said:
:lol Also feel free to slide into any of their forwards, as you'll probably be able to injure them and not even get a card for doing so!

so no adebayor or rvp next week against manU? yikes....

Tf53

Fifty said:
Tf53 may have taken his time to finish his games, but his recaps more than make up for it. It's nice to read them. I started out last game entering in the minutes of my goals, but you inspired me to write up a (very brief) recap of my 3rd game.
Glad to hear that! It would be nice if people would mention if anything interesting happened during the matches. I just played a quick match online, and lost by one of the most unlucky goals I've ever seen. A corner came in near the penalty spot, a forward nicked it towards goal, but only hit the post. As my goalie turned to get the ball, it hit him in the shoulder and bounced in.

Guys,

I appreciate that it's taken a lot of time and effort to create this league. I've entered the stats, I'm just on online all the time, but will adhere to all the deadlines.

Just waiting for Itxaka to enter the stats for our game.

woodchuck

Level 8 Boss said:
Guys,

I appreciate that it's taken a lot of time and effort to create this league. I've entered the stats, I'm just on online all the time, but will adhere to all the deadlines.

thanks for posting. we understand people may be busy or things come up. it's just a lot easier for everyone if people drop a quick post that they're going to have a really busy week or something came up.

also, under certain circumstances, we can have people sub for others. for example, in another league, someone went on vacation. he simply posted that he was going on vacation and we were able to get a sub for him for that week.

itxaka

Defeatist
Level 8 Boss said:
Guys,

I'm here.

Just remembered that I have to enter the stats while almost sleeped and wake up in order to do so xD

I am sooo pissed off with my team, it looks like fifa is really life-like as the osasuna hasn't win a match yet in real league, so do I :lol

Also, don't worry for me guys, I played other leagues and never failed to appear, it's just I don't normally post about updates on the forum and rather pm/xbl message the other guys in order to fix a match ;)

arrrg, fuck osasuna and fuck portillo, the idiot is always alone against goalkeepers and always fails!

Magicked

Just finished 0-0 with sneaky. Damn, I am horrible at putting my shots on target! There was one moment where his keeper was out and I intercepted the pass and could have put a lob over his head. Of course, I took a touch to set up the shot and got the ball stripped away.

Anyway, it was definitely tough match. GG.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Magicked said:
Just finished 0-0 with sneaky. Damn, I am horrible at putting my shots on target! There was one moment where his keeper was out and I intercepted the pass and could have put a lob over his head. Of course, I took a touch to set up the shot and got the ball stripped away.

Anyway, it was definitely tough match. GG.

:lol tell me about it. Sometimes I'll just nail every shot in a game and other times I'll hit six crossbars and miss the goal on four one-on-ones. Ah well that unpredictability is what makes it fun.

sneaky77

I think I played well against fifty too.. but his dang forwards are so much faster than anyone in my team that it was bound to happen.

Magicked

The biggest problem for me with shooting is just getting used to semi. It's not like PES at all, so I have a habit of pushing the stick way too far in the direction I want to shoot. This seems to take far more skill to pull off than PES because you have to keep your cool and really focus on what you're doing. I like it, but I really need more time to practice!

I cant stop playing Fallout 3 to practive but i have Andres and Regret or something to play. I talked with Andres the other day Ill try and be on today or tomorrow.

sneaky77

Magicked said:
The biggest problem for me with shooting is just getting used to semi. It's not like PES at all, so I have a habit of pushing the stick way too far in the direction I want to shoot. This seems to take far more skill to pull off than PES because you have to keep your cool and really focus on what you're doing. I like it, but I really need more time to practice!

My problem is the delay online with the shoot button so I always shoot too late, or end up hitting the goalie lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Magicked said:

yeah, I was good at shooting in 08 and UEFA but I keep on shooting the ball out of bounds or straight at the keeper and its driving me nuts. I facepalmed myself several times yesterday playing strikevillain. And he scored in like the 87th, a little finesse shot off my keepers hand.

I really gotta work on my shooting, I think my d is pretty good...unless I stupidly fail to clear the ball with the keeper. Oh well, it's been exciting. Yeah fivehorizons dude I'm hooked on fallout 3 big time, game is total crack. I need to get off of it and play more fifa nightly cos I am sucking big time. Still, it's a lot of fun and it's exciting

And woot I'm back after my 10 day ban!

woodchuck

ChrisGoldstein said:
yeah, I was good at shooting in 08 and UEFA but I keep on shooting the ball out of bounds or straight at the keeper and its driving me nuts. I facepalmed myself several times yesterday playing strikevillain. And he scored in like the 87th, a little finesse shot off my keepers hand.

I really gotta work on my shooting, I think my d is pretty good...unless I stupidly fail to clear the ball with the keeper. Oh well, it's been exciting. Yeah fivehorizons dude I'm hooked on fallout 3 big time, game is total crack. I need to get off of it and play more fifa nightly cos I am sucking big time. Still, it's a lot of fun and it's exciting

And woot I'm back after my 10 day ban!

yeah. in my match against strikevillain, he scored in the 90th minute. he was able to curl the ball around the keeper with van Nistelrooy. it was a great shot from a tough angle. but it pissed me off! i lost two points from that.

Top Bottom