• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

ugh the boot said:
Yay this just came!

Is there anyone else in Australia who ordered the uncut version of Left 4 Dead 2 (preferably asian copy)? I'm having trouble finding peepz online playing campaign mode. It says there are no games available which is rubbish cuz the game rocks and heaps of people must be playing.
I briefly read up on that over on the Xbox forums. Seems to be a problem on Valve's end.

2009decpickup08.jpg

Dead Space from BF, LittleBigPlanet Super Book with GOTY and PSP, Baby Blue Wiimote, Mushishishihimemememesama Futari 360 w/ DLC, and my personal fave, Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus. :D

FFXIII, you're next!

edgefusion

Shalashaska said:
Crappy picture of my Dell 24" Monitor. When I bought it, it was $100 off and I recently moved so I wanted a nice monitor for my PC/PS3
2pre6x4.jpg

I have this exact monitor, how do you find the colour reproduction when using it with your PC? Personally I've fiddled with colour profiles and settings for days and it still produces the most batshit crazy colour I've ever seen in a monitor.

Solideliquid said:
nice pickups, how is she liking the Droid?

She is loving it and the Andriod 2.0 is a lot faster than the 1.5 that every other Droid phone has. I'm not a fan of the keyboard and the Eris has the trackball (Which I loved on my BB), so we are both very satified :D

LiK said:
man, everytime i see Mushihimesama pickups here, my heart fills with joy T_T
Hell, the game was totally off my radar until I went into the store today and was told this was the last one they had with the DLC. :lol

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Well technically only the pink and blue are December pickups but I needed a picture of the whole family!

vhc8yu.jpg

Yes Boss!

lobdale said:
Well technically only the pink and blue are December pickups but I needed a picture of the whole family!

vhc8yu.jpg

Damn, this is why these pick-up thread are so awesome. Thanks for posting all four colors together. Gonna have to head up to LA next week to get one of those pink jobs.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
vocelcius said:
You get what you pay for.

Apple fans are so precious :lol

Shalashaska said:
Crappy picture of my Dell 24" Monitor. When I bought it, it was $100 off and I recently moved so I wanted a nice monitor for my PC/PS3
2pre6x4.jpg

Is that the ST2410? I got that also, from Black Friday. I have to second the question from a guy earlier: how did you adjust the color profile?

Leonsito

lobdale said:

vhc8yu.jpg

Where did you order the pink one? I've been looking in play-asia only and it's 30€, but the shipping is always slow to Spain :(

donkey show said:
2009decpickup08.jpg

Dead Space from BF, LittleBigPlanet Super Book with GOTY and PSP, Baby Blue Wiimote, Mushishishihimemememesama Futari 360 w/ DLC, and my personal fave, Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus. :D

FFXIII, you're next!

I'm hyped for Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus! My copy is being sent sail mail so let me know what you think of it over on the official thread...

Facism

lobdale said:

vhc8yu.jpg

I've seen the inside of a swinger's dishwasher that kinda looked like that ;p

LiK

donkey show said:
Hell, the game was totally off my radar until I went into the store today and was told this was the last one they had with the DLC. :lol

heh cool. i tried the DLC for fun. heard it was the harder version which is nuts. i love Arrange mode!

Gameboy415

My private lesson was cancelled on Friday night so I had about 4 hours to kill between finishing work and when my girlfriend was planning to come over. What better way to pass the time than by spending money I don't have?? :lol

0912Books1.jpg

Mother 3 GBA Guidebook - Haven't seen this in stores for ages so I bit @ 525円
The Shinji Ikari Raising Project Volumes 6 & 8 - Finally found these for under 400円. Still gotta find Volume 7.
.hack//G.U.+ Volume 4 - Just gotta track down Volume 5 for the set.
Zenki Volumes 3, & 8-10 - All 105円 each and now I have the complete set.
Soul Eater Volume 15 - Randomly found it cheap. Still need Volume 14.

0912Misc1.jpg

ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat for JP DS - Found it for 105円! I knew I was right to pass on it everytime I saw it for 500円! :lol
Crystal Kay: CK99-04 MUSIC CLIPS JP DVD - 980円 and it has 14 videos from her first 5 albums.
Pop'n Music 10 Kubrick set - Pop'n 10 was the first game I played in the series and I couldn't resist this for 1050円!

I ordered a TON of stuff during Black Friday sales too, but pics of that will have to wait until I head back to the States in two weeks.

When I woke up yesterday morning, this was the farthest thing on my mind. We brought our 2006 Jetta in for service, and walked out with a 2010 Jetta S.

1zmpbau.jpg

rkosqu.jpg

29wvmme.jpg

2lj3hic.jpg

Solideliquid said:
When I woke up yesterday morning, this was the farthest thing on my mind. We brought our 2006 Jetta in for service, and walked out with a 2010 Jetta S.

I hate it and love it when that happens. Congrats on the car, looks great!

tass0

Banned
donkey show said:
2009decpickup08.jpg

FFXIII, you're next!

What is this Japanese Xbox 360 game that everybody in this thread seems to be buying?

red shoe paul said:
Very nice pick up. :D

Stabby McSter said:
oh my D:

how much were those? <3 sb's

Thanks! And these cost me about $180...not crazy about the markup, but since they're a limited run and already discontinued (I missed out when they were first released)... I'm glad I got them anyways. :D

Jason

December stuff...

dec09pickup01.jpg

Mushihime LE <3
Now all I need is a system to play it on. :lol

dec09pickup02.jpg

Misc. music

dec09pickup03.jpg

Manga
GoGo Monster, Moyasimon vol. 1 (non-recall edition), solanin

dec09pickup04.jpg

(un)official candy bar of NeoGAF

Favourites from the past year...

marchpickup01.jpg

SFIV CE

koreeda1.jpg

Still Walking signed by Hirokazu Kore-eda

may09pickup03.jpg

may09pickup04.jpg

A Drifting Life sketch + signed by Yoshihiro Tatsumi

januarypickup13.jpg

HRAP2 SA <3 <3

LRB1983

Banned
T39kr.jpg

[Bible Black The Game]
VYXpk.jpg

[Braveheart, Fight Club and Terminator Salvation BD's]
1orOv.jpg

[World War Z]
The best pick up for this month:
bALAQ.jpg

[Jamón de Jabugo]

Fireflu

Jason said:
December stuff...
dec09pickup03.jpg

Manga
GoGo Monster, Moyasimon vol. 1 (non-recall edition), solanin

God dammit Amazon UK, had GoGo pre-ordered about 5 months ago, now their telling me they wont get it till early February...

Where did you find it so early? and is that some kind of outer box slip case above? I assume it is as the gloriously bright pink/red pages are evident on the book itself below :3

edgefusion said:
I have this exact monitor, how do you find the colour reproduction when using it with your PC? Personally I've fiddled with colour profiles and settings for days and it still produces the most batshit crazy colour I've ever seen in a monitor.
SnowWolf said:
Is that the ST2410? I got that also, from Black Friday. I have to second the question from a guy earlier: how did you adjust the color profile?
It's actually Dell S2409W, nothing fancy.

I haven't adjusted the colour settings at all, although last night I figured I should look into what other people have adjusted them too and see the difference for myself. Modern Warfare 2 looks a bit pixelated if it's not close to the screen so I was curious if there's something I can change or if it's just that it's a small LCD screen. The colour looks fine to me but I'm not really the person that can tell differences between this or that. But nothing stands out to me as poor.

Jason

Fireflu said:
God dammit Amazon UK, had GoGo pre-ordered about 5 months ago, now their telling me they wont get it till early February...

Where did you find it so early? and is that some kind of outer box slip case above? I assume it is as the gloriously bright pink/red pages are evident on the book itself below :3

Apparently it was released November 17 in North America. I found it at a local comic book store yesterday.

And yes that is a slip case. It's similar to the one released in Japan.
http://samehat.blogspot.com/2008/09/taiyo-matsumotos-gogo-monster.html

Hydrargyrus

LRB1983 said:
bALAQ.jpg

[Jamón de Jabugo]

It seems more like "paleta ibérica"

And, seriously, you have to improve you cutting skills. Try with the ham knife (aka "cuchillo jamonero") instead the chainsaw :lol :lol

I have taken one ham too, but this year from DO Teruel, less infiltrated fat, but better performance :lol

And my pickup of the year, put nearly 8,000 miles on it since. :)

mz3c.jpg
[/QUOTE]

nice pickup...I have been looking for one that clean for AGES...

love that M coupe!!!

Echoes

Gyrian said:
My december pickups so far.

decn.jpg

And my pickup of the year, put nearly 8,000 miles on it since. :)

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2978/mz3c.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Great pickups, I loved For All Mankind. And your car rock dude, totally awesome.

Uh, on another unrelated note: everybody should watch [B]Delicatessen[/B]. Best foreign (french) movie I ever saw. Right there with the best films IMO. So original and creative.

[IMG]http://b5.s3.quickshareit.com/screenshot20091205at315pmjpg9853a.jpg

A Boy And His Blob, Okami, Muramasa, Little Kings Story.

Also lots of music and movies purchases from iTunes but I'm too lazy to list them down. Also Suikoden 1 & 2.

LRB1983

Banned
Hydrargyrus said:
It seems more like "paleta ibérica"

And, seriously, you have to improve you cutting skills. Try with the ham knife (aka "cuchillo jamonero") instead the chainsaw :lol :lol

I have taken one ham too, but this year from DO Teruel, less infiltrated fat, but better performance :lol
It isn't pierna it's just paleta but not ibérico XD, jabugo for sure XD,
Yeah I'm shit cutting it XDXDXD.

Johnny

Picked up Bioshock, Pure and Ninja Gaiden Sigma for $40 thanks to Best Buy's B2G1F deal. Also picked up a second Wii solely for 8 and 16-bit emulation as it seems to be near flawless and a lot quieter than my XBOX.

volcer.jpg

Bought a 20" Sony VVEGA to retain authenticity, $50 on Kijiji, pristine condition. The great thing about the Wii is that it supports the original resolutions without the ugly scaling/filtering you see on your computer or whatever. Loving it so far.

28us6x4.jpg

Top Bottom