• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

rykomatsu

Amano Kozue's (ARIA's author) new series, vol 1...Amanchu...slice of life with occaisional diving is the catch phrase. Was extremely good...might actually put this above ARIA in terms of overall quality, even though only 3-4 characters have been introduced. :D

amanchu_01.jpg

sifu

Neo Member
Been awhile since I posted some pickups...

My first Wii
DSC01978.JPG

Some games...
DSC01977.JPG

DJ Hero is the Renegade Edition

Tekken 6 Arcade Stick Bundle
DSC01976.JPG

And something special...at least for me...
DSC01968.JPG

DSC01970.JPG

DSC01971.JPG

DSC01972.JPG

DSC01975.JPG

Would love to have the Fortune Hunter Edition but then again I have to settle with this one :D

sifu

Neo Member
Yeah I know :D
But I got it for 5€...not a big disaster for me...guess I have to wait for the PS3 or X350 version :lol

Flek

Banned
Jason said:
GoGo Monster, Moyasimon vol. 1 (non-recall edition), solanin

please tell me what you think about Moyasimon vol. 1 … i thought about buying it too :O

edit: FFFFUUUUUCK double post :/ iam sory!

my pick-ups from amazon on Black Friday just got here this week

dec09wii3.jpg

Panasonic 50" 720p plasma

Muramasa is getting more play time than NSMB for now since I want to save it for much later
I'm thinking of getting a PS3 next month maybe

dec09wii2.jpg

dec09wii1.jpg

Tadale

Interactive Fiction said:
Ico Poster
Bionic Commando stuff (screw the haters, new Bionic Commando is awesome)

I thought the new Bionic Commando was great, too. I could just do without Nathan Spencer.

steveovig

Smiles and Cries said:
my pick-ups from amazon on Black Friday just got here this week

dec09wii3.jpg

Panasonic 50" 720p plasma

Muramasa is getting more play time than NSMB for now since I want to save it for much later
I'm thinking of getting a PS3 next month maybe

dec09wii2.jpg

dec09wii1.jpg

Muramasa can be played in Widescreen? I've been playing with the black bars for the last few days. Am I missing something?

shawnlreed

Sevket-Erhat said:
Great Bionic Commando Collection for sure. Can you please tell what the Discs next to the wall are?

PS3/360 Bionic Commando Soundtrack US
Bionic Commando/Dead Rising Soundtrack JP
Bionic Commando Rearmed Soundtrack JP

Bii

My favorite purchases of the year.

3376733570_a6a410d90d_o.jpg

IKEA Fredrik desk, TOVO TV unit and Verner swivel chair. March. Got some furniture for my room after using a cheap night stand where I would have my laptop on, an old Sony TV stand that only had two shelves and a vanity stool to browse on my laptop.
Custom Timbuk2 Messenger Bag. February. I take this bag with me everywhere. To work, trips out of town, friends' houses, etc.

3392928913_335425f636_o.jpg

White Apple Macbook 13.3" Laptop. March. Never thought I would ever own a Mac but damn, this is one sexy machine. It replaced my Alienware Sentia m3200 that was stolen the year prior. Also got Delicious Library 2 on it and makes keeping track of my stuff very simple.

3709851749_a88c3d6fb2_o.jpg

Saltwater Aquarium. June. This is one of the first pictures I took of my tank once I had everything set up. It looks much different now. Anyway, I've been putting off getting one for a long time but finally did it this past summer. Next year, I might get myself a pico tank for my desk.

3868197218_01ffc155fa_o.jpg

Korg SP-250. August. Still learning and I'm loving the sound that it produces.

3960845676_449be38cb7_o.jpg

Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash. September. I went so long without an external flash and now it rarely ever leaves my camera. Improved my indoor shots by a lot!

3996270739_28f08ce4ed_o.jpg

Apple TV. October. On top of streaming videos from my computer, I can also browse Youtube and Hulu videos with it. I also like the fact that I can just move it to any room (or my friends/relatives' houses) just by taking the HDMI and power cable along with it. Much more portable-friendly than, say, a PS3 since it's so much lighter.

4099760954_376b377c5c_o.jpg

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.. November. My game of the year. I haven't even touched the single-player yet.

------

And my recent pick-ups:

4163378681_7394d3c8b4_o.jpg

Armani Code 1.7oz. Cologne. $37.
Needed a new scent after depleting my Hollister SoCal cologne. This should last me a year or so before I have to find something new.

4163378755_d38246a6cc_o.jpg

Pelican Dual Triggers. Playstation 3. Free.
Wow, it makes a huge difference in feel. I haven't tried it in any games yet but I'll put it to the test by playing Gran Turismo 5: Prologue a little later today.

4163378875_7155f9d321_o.jpg

House M.D. Seasons One, Three and Four. DVD. $13 each.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Blu-Ray. $13.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Blu-Ray. $10.
My Amazon black Friday haul. I already have Season Two of House so I bought the other seasons I didn't have. I should've waited before I purchased Order of the Phoenix as it was $2 cheaper on Black Friday (placed the order the day before). Oh well, $10 was the price point that I would've locked in anyway. And Transformers: RotF was bought just for eye-candy.

4164138712_ce32c8b1f7_o.jpg

World of Goo. Mac. $0.50.
This was actually bought when 2D Boy had their "you pay whatever you want for it" promotion. Still haven't played it yet. =/

Gyrian

Litflynt912 said:
nice pickup...I have been looking for one that clean for AGES... love that M coupe!!!

Thanks! Nice to see people here who are aware of this one. :)
Went some 1,400 miles away from home to get this one, it was worth it. It was virtually brand new, untouched!

sifu said:
And something special...at least for me...
DSC01968.JPG

Would love to have the Fortune Hunter Edition but then again I have to settle with this one :D

Ooh, what's this? Some kind of press package? Looks very slick! :D

njean777

Jet Grind Radio! said:
ACOMMONTHEME.jpg

Threadless shirt + Borderlands. I'm still waiting for Threadless to send out my other order I placed on the same day.

What the name of that shirt? on threadless

sifu

Neo Member
jaydogg691 said:
What's this and what does it come with?

it's the german/french/english press kit.
it had the game review code and a media disc with it. some cards in german about the game
between some cardboards...
looks nice actually...haven't seen it before

vocab

will52 said:
What's this about anyways? Worth reading? Seen this a couple times on Gaf.

If you like anime and manga, and want to learn about the history or better yet, know more about the golden age of manga back in Japan during the 50's and 60's (Tezuka, etc), Id say check it out. It's pretty much an autobiography of Yoshihiro Tatsumi in Manga form. It's pretty big, but from what I read so far of it, it's pretty solid.

Top Bottom