• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FFXI FAQ/Starter topic Redux

Ploid 3.0

heh, I just want to hit 60 and it's yours again. How close are you to your next level or whatever? What level are you? I might try fishing a bit more. How did Darsh get through all that mind numbing torture... I have no clue.

Spider said:
Oh, I did my first BCNM run over the weekend and loved it! Drops weren't that great though. :p

As a whm huh? I think I'm going to level my whm so I can get in one of those.

Ploid 3.0

Dang man, keep it until you level. Wow almost catching up with spider and me. SoD is a THF LS for sure. (tips sprite can to Hogashi
azcrying.gif
)

Yeah with my WHM.

"I might try fishing a bit more."

It's funny us thf's are trying to do un-thf like stuff for money, lol.

btw, Aelia is like 54, too. :p

Ploid 3.0

lol I'm just trying the tried and true method of making money (trying to follow Dar$h footsteps). I like the part where he said "I have a steadly income of gil that's nondependant on rare drops or anything like that." :eek:~

Belfast

Actually Hoga quit/is taking a break (school-related), you're sorta taking a break, Spider is busy playing WHM, and Aelia is....on sometimes. I'm like the only dedicated THF left! lol

Ploid 3.0

Hoga quit and gave up his gearz and gilz (over a million). I gain my exp through G1 and coffer key parties now (skill up parties). It's what I do when I have nothing else to do lol.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'd pay 1 million gil if some of these fishing changes nerfs sneak fishing completely. Completely. Fish attacks through sneak. Lvl the playing field.

Belfast

Well, if this xp bonus hits tonight, I might be htiting 55 sooner than expected. Still, I don't think it'll make much difference for me, the mobs we're usually fighting don't even give max 200, so I don't think it'll go much over that.

Belfast

Whooo Updating PoL, then....FFXI -_-;; It'll probably take awhile.

Edit: Err....well, PoL updated anyway, guess its still another hour til FFXI.

nataku

I think so.

I really wonder why we can see Wyvern TP with <pettp>. I see no point unless they plan to add commandable TP attacks to the wyvern with CoP.

Kintaro

Bookey said:
Does the lvl capped areas mean we can xp there together no matter what our lvls are prior? :)

I don't know honestly. I dunno how gaining xp would work being lvl capped at 50/60/70 and etc. It like, the xp is applied afterwards, you would exploit that pretty bad I'd think...it's vague.

Kintaro

btw, while the padded cap thing changes things a little, I wouldn't be so sure. I highly doubt you can fish mobs up in Port Jueno. What's to catch in Port Jeuno? Black Sole. 2.5k ea. Stackable. It's a high lvl fish (80+) however, with Lu Shang, you will catch and skill of them no problem.

nataku

I have no problem with people catching fish like that to earn money. If people take their skill to 80+, they have every right to earn great gil from their craft. What I DID have a problem with was your average idiot raising smithing and fishing to minor levels and earning millions of gil easily.

SE really needs to attack the bot problem head on, instead of nerfing the things people fish up.

Kintaro

nataku said:
I have no problem with people catching fish like that to earn money. If people take their skill to 80+, they have every right to earn great gil from their craft. What I DID have a problem with was your average idiot raising smithing and fishing to minor levels and earning millions of gil easily.

SE really needs to attack the bot problem head on, instead of nerfing what people bot.

Problem is, how can they? The programs are so easy to write, it wouldn't matter. The issue is also fishing prices. How hard would it be to write some extra lines so your bot turns around and fights a mob for a few seconds, then fish again?

Fishing, as a whole is a unique and great/problematic thing with the game. Your primary source of income is selling fish to vendors. Bringiing in gil into the economy throughthe vendors. the only difference was the QUANTITY using the caps to do it.

Newsflash, this cap shit would done WAY WAY WAY before US launch. Same with bots. However, of course, because of greed, we're getting it shut down. ^^;

edit: This nerf has cause my girlfriend to consider quitting the game since she was working smithing and fishing up to 50. Considering that's a hella timesink, and hello gil sink, calling her an idiot is unwarrented.

Bottom line is, everything, EVERYTHING in this game is easy. Making gil is the same. The difference is, it's just a timesink.

Charles

Just a heads up, you can update FFXI (and POL) now, but the download is 1616 files long so it might take a while for those of us on slower connections.

Belfast

New PoL interface is interesting.

How do you update FFXI? Can't hit the Play button so I can't get to the update...

Shouta

har har, 200 files left now =P. Too bad I'm not in a position to go camp some NMs (yay for Jeuno and asshatty work being canceled!)

nataku

Sep. 13, 2004 12:44 [PDT]

PlayOnline Server Maintenance Extension (Sep.13)

The scheduled PlayOnline Server Maintenance time has been extended to Sep. 13, 2004 14:00 (PDT) as noted below.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

[Date & Time]
Sep. 13, 2004 10:00 to Sep. 13, 2004 14:00 (PDT)

[Affected Services]
PlayOnline, Tetra Master

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news2608.shtml

I can't get into POL at all now. :(

Belfast

Bah, maybe I should just give up for now and wait til later. No doubt the update server(s) are getting hammered. I probably won't even be able to play tonight anyway. I'm way too tired. -_-;;

Tamanon

Banned
It'll automatically check your version upon logging on. Downloading the update now, lots of stuff changing it seems. Too bad I'm not high enough level to notice most of it:p

nataku

Finally was able to start the update. Over three hours remaining. -_-

EDIT: Woot, going down. Man... I was about to shit my pants. 3 hours on broadband would have been farking huge.

Kintaro

downloading now myself. Will be forever. Not like I'd get a group anyways =P Reactions to the fishing nerf sicken me actually. </Chinn>

"Thank god! I've stopped leveling fishing at 50 until I can get my lushangs (about 4100 fishies caught so far, almost half way!). Rabao is disgustingly crowded.

My computer chokes from all the players there, and it's annoying as all hell to see people making millions off of fishing with no effort on their part. "

Effort? EFFORT? FISHING TAKES NO EFFORT!!! From 0 to 100, there is ZERO real "effort" in this craft! LMAO. You hit a fucking macro /fish 42390742398679023464231789612347894123641237896341278967891234 times! EFFORT!

These people are why I quit fishing. lol

Edit: Padded caps Now 871
Rusty Picks Now 3,571

So, you can make more in Passhow now fishing up Picks with the minor annoyance of catching low low level mobs. Woot!

Xaerus

OMFG, SE has the worst bloody update system on the face of the planet. Keep getting to the update screen, then getting POL 1161's or not even getting that far and getting 1160's.

After finally getting it to start updating, I get an 1161 and this is after it checked all the files. WTF! Now I have to restart the process! If they're going to have update servers they should have at least gotten ones that can handle the load. I mean shit, if they were going to be this lazy they could have at least released seperate update files!

B'z-chan

Banned
Japanese get priority downloading of all updates. Severs are in japan and your connection to download server is based on ping. Sucks dont it? I know i'm still waiting after 3 hours to get it to start, but right now i keep getting 1161

I'm only counting 2 new regions and 31 new areas. What happened to 40+ areas and 4 new regions?Are these, for some reason, just not being listed in "Place names" or did they pull a fast one on us? :p

Other areas might be unlocked later. There were a few areas included on the Rise of the Zilart disc that weren't actually opened until a few months after its release.

Azrael

There's another update next week before the U.S. release of CoP. I'm guessing the other two regions will be added then.

Someone was digging through the update files and discovered the other new regions are Promyvion and Tavnazian Marquisate.

Top Bottom