• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FFXI FAQ/Starter topic Redux

Belfast

Azrael said:
There's another update next week before the U.S. release of CoP. I'm guessing the other two regions will be added then.

Someone was digging through the update files and discovered the other new regions are Promyvion and Tavnazian Marquisate.

Yeah, I saw that somewhere. Also, in that same post I saw, it included 4 new Dynamis areas, too.

Its pretty cool that you can look on Region Info and see where most of the new areas are already.

Zaptruder

Banned
The update broke the windower.

Although it didn't break the very first version, it just broke the versions that supported the gamepad as well.

Unless there's a fix for it... I don't think I can be bothered with FFXI anymore. It's more of a chat room for me than anything else at this stage.

Belfast

Kweh said:
How did they appear on the AH so quick?

Some people can already craft some of the items, I think. So, likely some high-level crafters got the recipe and started working on it.

Tamanon

Banned
Haha, had come home on lunch to eat and get a good half-hour of leveling in. DAMN YOU EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE! Finally wanted to test my new level 15 gear out:)

Ploid 3.0

What server are you on Tamanon? Why are so many people on different servers? It would be awesome if everyone was on the same, but that's impossible I know.

Ploid 3.0

Ding%20Final.jpg

o_O Discuss

Leaping Lizzy said:
I have to change my home point, too much aggro here...

roflmao.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
last time I logged on, it took well over an hour. Then another 25 minutes to get everyone to where we were going to fight. And then maybe actually fought some stuff for an hour.

Belfast

To be honest, I usually just go do other stuff while I wait for a party. Like farming or quests or something. Its gotten to the point where you don't always have to be in the local area to get invited to a party. Sometimes it happens quickly, sometimes it takes awhile.

Tamanon

Banned
Well I do a LOT of soloing and it's easy to solo with a monk in these early levels, I only have to use my 2 hour when I have an even match link. I'm on Midgardsormr personally. Went there to be with my CuddlyGamer crew:)

nataku

rofl

Game servers just all crashed, or something... page says "Partially Down"... right when I was in the middle of helping a bunch of Lv50-55 with G2. Fighting the tiger. Bunch of owned people when we log back in.

Bookey

Professional Monk
lol, thought my connection just became beyond shitty when i zoned and havent got in jeuno yet. Hmm maybe it was for the better that dynamis got fux tonight....

Kweh

Well we got King Behemoth last night, and at 5% HP FN stole it after saying they wouldn't. NA vs JP war on Fairy has now started afaik

Zaptruder

Banned
That's probably worse then getting Fafnir down to 7% and having a member mistarget and hit a darter.

As compensation, the people that watched us sneakily and came back later to fight it were disconnected during emergency maintenance in dragon's aery. They'll probably log back on individually and be killed for their troubles :p

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Kweh said:
Well we got King Behemoth last night, and at 5% HP FN stole it after saying they wouldn't. NA vs JP war on Fairy has now started afaik

The HNMLS wars...begun they have.

Good luck.

Kweh

Lol yea, i think we've all pulled a darter by mistake when camping Fafnir. The whole KB incident last night has seriously pissed off everyone in our ls, we basically wasted 2 hrs worth of time, exp, and hard work only for FN to steal it at the end. They got first pull and wiped, then let us do the job of getting it as low as possible before they moved in. We recorded the end, there was alot of swearing lol.

Azrael

Got my copy around 2:30 P.M. today. Figured I would get some time to play it before I leave for work at 5:00. Took about half an hour to install off the disc and register the content I.D.

When I clicked play, what do I discover but a 10,000 FILE UPDATE. OMG Square's servers are getting pounded tonight. Why you have to do another update in addition to last week's update and installing off the CoP disc is beyond me.

Edit: Well the update only involved downloading about 900 files or so, so it wasn't too bad. But damn did that file check scare me =P

Ploid 3.0

Bah, I have to order mine off the internet. Darn southern somewhat local stores didn't have it in yet. Slow on getting anything. Oh well.

Belfast

My POL is fucked or something. For some reason it won't connect AT ALL. I got randomly kicked off of FFXI, now it just won't work. WTF? I don't really know what to do. It gets stuck at the "checking for version updates" screen then says it can't connect.

Scott

Belfast, do you use a router? I've had that problem a couple times, and I was able to fix it by resetting (or, well, unplugging) the router for a couple minutes.

Don't know if that'd fix your problem, but it's worth a shot.

Top Bottom