• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FFXI FAQ/Starter topic Redux

Foobar

SpiderJerusalem said:
I guess im nearing being a high level as Im catching all the drama that goes on there...wtf. When do I start sneering at lowbies and talk shit about other people my job? :lol

It happens when you aspire to hit the highest levels and do nothing but camp gods 24/7, which are perpetually claimed by JP Bots. You then start to cry about the lacking endgame content and make certian jobs (perhaps even your own) look bad and discourage others from playing it so you can make your cookie-cutter PTs more easily. Or you just sneer from your mighty soapbox while playing WoW after you quit before you actually saw the FFXI "endgame"

You know, typical MMORPG endgame BS. And here I thought it was all about community, making friends, enjoying the story and having fun levelling various jobs. No, appearently I was supposed to be playing it like Everquest :lol

nataku

A good end game is part of having fun. When the game kicks several of it's jobs to the curb in the end game, something is wrong. You can't have fun when you leveled up a job to 75 that is useless in 80% of the game's content. All those friends you make won't help it... as nice as it is to talk to them and hear about what they've acomplished, it's not worth paying 13 bucks a month for it when I can do that through forums and IMs.

Xaerus

Foobar said:
It happens when you aspire to hit the highest levels and do nothing but camp gods 24/7, which are perpetually claimed by JP Bots.

Um, gods are popped Foobar, you can't camp them.

Shouta

He's probably talking the other "gods" or "kings, Nidhogg, King Behemoth and the one that spawns off Adamantoise or whatever.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Shouta said:
He's probably talking the other "gods" or "kings, Nidhogg, King Behemoth and the one that spawns off Adamantoise or whatever.

The "great" thing about these JP LS' are that if you're nice to them, and keep in touch, you may get what you want at a reasonable price (i.e free). Hey, if you can't beat em, ask em. =)

Shouta

More or less. The JPs aren't unreasonable folk as long as you know how to communicate with them or can communicate with them.

I mostly wanted it because it looked cool haha...and in case you're sleepy. ;) I do stuff with just one or two people a lot so I thought it might help there too, like on skillup partys and NMs. Hate doesnt matter because I was getting Sapient Cape and that new belt. :p

BUT just when I almost had enough for it, its hitting 4 mil so fook that! I'll wait for it to drop or save for Noble Tunic and Raise3. ; ;

Rorschach

I've tried updating, but POL keeps crapping out on me. Looks like I'll be missing out on the fun :(

Happy Treant hunting, all.

[edit] just got on, but got kicked off...RAWR

christmas.jpg

:D

Yeah, it was that and the hat. Now they're doing some Moogle vs Goblins thing where you dig up cards and get belts that turn you into monsters and warp you to cocobo stables. I havent got to it yet, Ive been distracted.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Finally got some more time: my Red Mage is now Level 7 ;).

Yeah, I know amazing achievement of the year... stop... stop the praise, I am blushing now :p.

I will post some picture of my gear as I have some leg armor that makes me look particularly... ahem... well if you have seen me on Fairy, let's say my male Hume looks appropriate for the server ;).

I do not have a leg armor that go along these other leg armor I have so it looks like my character has NO pants and two leather straps (one on each leg) above knee level.

You still find quite a bit of helpful people onloine and there is still a good inlfux of players starting new jobs or starting FFXI for the first-time thanks to the new players coming from Europe and BEta players coming from Australia and New Zealand.

Tabris

I look absolutely pimped right now.

I can now wear my Diamond Shield, Espadon+1 and Hercules Ring.

I'm also wearing my goldsmithing glasses. Which fits my character model perfectly. I'll post some screenshots when I'm back home.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Shouta said:
You're on Fairy now Pana? What's your char name?

I'll leave you guessing... you can never figure out what nick-name Panajev is using ;).

Well, besides the case in which I tried to use Panajev everywhere I went... :D.

nataku

Shouta = Lenneth

So, uh, how's it going everyone? Haven't really been paying attention to FFXI lately. Anyone know how that new THF abilit and DRG Wyvern MB worked out?

Tabris

THFs and DRGs still never get PT invites except by desperate parties.

...or in the case of THFs, if they don't have a great NIN.

RuGalz

New THF abillity kind of helps them not slowdown the xp party waiting for their SATA since SA and TA can be done seperately now.

Tried the Wyvern MB with Nightwing's 67 Drg on Toramas. The MB was doing 200ish damage. Not bad. Not sure how it fairs on xp mobs though.

Foobar

Completed my full DRG AF tonight and I'm still just 54. Now just to get BRD to 40 and BCNM my brains out for some slick extra goodies for DRG and BRD ^^

I will post some picture of my gear as I have some leg armor that makes me look particularly... ahem... well if you have seen me on Fairy, let's say my male Hume looks appropriate for the server

And how was your evening at the Blue Oyster?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Foobar said:
Completed my full DRG AF tonight and I'm still just 54. Now just to get BRD to 40 and BCNM my brains out for some slick extra goodies for DRG and BRD ^^

And how was your evening at the Blue Oyster?

:lol

Shouta

SATA damage is boosted a bit too when combined it seems. Not huge but it seems to be noticeable. The Wyvern MB spiel probably refers to the same concept as the Magic Bursts for for spells where MBing it increases the accuracy and there's less of a chance of resistance so the wyvern gets much better damage on the breath. A bit more of an incentive to have DRGs and their Wyverns end a skillchain it seems.

Kintaro

To those on Fairy:

TheForsaken become the first NA LS on the server to beat down Tiamat. =D

"Tiamat Trouncer" is a title I hold onto proudly now =)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Tiamat was beaten on our server the other day by a group of mostly NA people.

It was a bizzar, but sucessful alliance of nothing but BST and SMN. It was a huge orgy of Tracker Antlions and Courier Carries.....

Kintaro

DrForester said:
Tiamat was beaten on our server the other day by a group of mostly NA people.

It was a bizzar, but sucessful alliance of nothing but BST and SMN. It was a huge orgy of Tracker Antlions and Courier Carries.....

Yeah I saw that. ^^ Tiamat about the only one you can handle like that though. Jougie and Vrtra... whole different story (mainly cuz of the types of adds...bombs/elementals/skellies ;_;)

Rorschach

Kintaro said:
To those on Fairy:

TheForsaken become the first NA LS on the server to beat down Tiamat. =D

"Tiamat Trouncer" is a title I hold onto proudly now =)

Cong{tab}

Ploid 3.0 said:
Woo! I now have Full RDM AFs and THF AFs ^^. Now to get alchemy to 100 and pimp out my THF and RDM with HQ synth gil :eek:~

Grats. Wish I had RDM AF T_T

Rorschach

Shouta said:
You should've stuck with RDM. They get the luv now that n00bies know about Dispel
I was planning on it, but I wanted to raise my BLM level first so I wouldn't have to worry about leveling sub anymore. The only problem is that I can't get a single party as BLM after I got to Qufim. Every time I log on, I just sit there with my flag up doing nothing. :(

I have my RDM gear and spells all ready to go, btw. With a little bit of cash left over, but I guess now cash is worthless :|

Rorschach

Shouta said:
WHM sub d00d. That works quite well too.
WHM is even lower level. Stuck in the Dunes. :lol

I used to use WHM, but I thought maybe that's why I didn't get pts (blm sub is usually the "norm") and BLM would raise my int/mp, which is what people complain most about when it comes to elvaan.

Ploid 3.0

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten as much invites as I have pre 41 if it wasn't for my WHM sub. I was main healer and only healer many times. But now I <3 /blm. Can't imagine having to bring a warp scroll lol. Yes I'm selfish*

Rorschach

Ploid 3.0 said:
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten as much invites as I have pre 41 if it wasn't for my WHM sub. I was main healer and only healer many times. But now I <3 /blm. Can't imagine having to bring a warp scroll lol. Yes I'm selfish*
I can't tell you how excited I was just to be able to warp around. :lol

For parties, I enjoyed /whm more, though. I was usually the only healer, anyway.

Foobar

Man, my back really screwed me with my new account, haven't been able to play for over a week since I haven't gotten my new card yet ><

My BRD is sitting with middle of Yhoator, just waiting to be slaughtered by a Goblin Pathfinder. T_T

Xaerus

Here's something funny that happened last night:

http://www.xaerus.com/images/ffxi/mgkill.jpg

notED and TG (my ls) were both in Sky, farming for god pop items and we both got to the Mother Globe spawn at the same time, and it was up. Neither of us had all our people there, but notED claims it anyway. They take it down to just below half hp, and then they wipe. We take the NM (since they wiped) now that all our people were there, kill it then raise them. Their fight was sheer entertainment, Dbaby got killed twice in a row! :lol

Top Bottom