• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FFXI FAQ/Starter topic Redux

Shouta

You need a measure of luck with any class that isn't a heavy DD like MNK, RNG or SAM (jeez SAMs ream this ENM bad with their 2hr). PLDs can do this ENM pretty well granted if you have the skills leveled up for it. I was pretty much neck and neck with the mannequin for most of the battle until he got a few extra heals from the dice.

Azrael

This wasn't just a little heal though. The puppet went from 40% HP to 100% HP after one roll. Short of having brought about 10 Hi-Pots instead of 4 I was screwed at that point.

I beat it with whm pretty easily. Glad i used my AF he seemed to whiff a lot.(not bragging, more like surprised. I was expecting to get hammered...HAHA!)
Didnt get any drops though. :(

Ploid 3.0 said:
OMG I wish I could have at least watched this party. If only I wasn't a THF and having HDD problems :'(

It was all SoD lol, you could have been in it.

Xaerus

More like I got Spirit Within'd for 950dmg which is more than my HP at 60. Spider there isn't really all that much it can do to you, WHM's can't do all that much damage. So you were just better than it at causing damage. :)

Ploid 3.0

A comic I made for the "GAF" linkshell.

Shouta is the PLD

Hogashi is the WAR

Rufusmackain is the BRD

Had to rush the last few frames because I made a mistake and saved over my main scan (had already tossed the sketch). Oh yea, the only people that might understand any of it is the people from the shell or quit the game like Lonestar, Ror, and such.

1519458Finished.jpg

Still a amature at doing comics but it's all good funz.

I still can't play FFXI due to the HDD so I made this between making the above comic.
1514860MPK.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
everytime I look at this topic, that twinge of addiction pains starts acting up...

A comic on everyone's Most Favorite Useless Warrior/Paladin would be nice ;)

Gee....I can't remember my name...HIS name I mean.

Ploid 3.0

lol you was like my partner in crime during your last few days. I'll do another comic (still trying to make a good one, although the socom comics got good marks, but they were very group based and everyone in the clan got the jokes). I learned a lot from this one though. Draw more simple cells, and lesser text.

1520068Plo041009231314a.jpg

You live in my daggers.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LMAO, I remember that!

What a glorious way to end my run in the game. Running chickenshit scared over Tiamat and getting lost with, Spider(?). And Getting lost in Gustav (?)

I'm starting to forget the names of the places now.

Rawk Hawk

Hm, just out of curiousity, anyone still playing? A friend and myself will be starting this summer, in a week or so. Of course our characters will be level 1, but maybe if you are starting a new job class or something you could join up with us. Let me know.

Rawk Hawk

This may be a dumb question, but we are going to get one guy up and running now, and one in like a week or so. But will there be server issues and stuff to play together? And if we wish to play with you guys, what server/world should we choose?

Rushmore

Yeah, I just came back to the game yesterday. Prices have skyrocketed, but it's actually not as bad as you might think. It's easier to make money now and low level items for beginners are still dirt cheap. If anything, it's now easier for new players to the game.

Hey, this is Rawk Hawk's friend, Rushmore if you just started up again would you like to party together? Or did you kep your old character?

Rawk Hawk

Okay LittleTokyo just made his character, but we couldn't select a world it seemed, and no Fairy was kisted as a town, he selected Bastok, not sure what it means, but I'm going to start their too, maybe when we level up a little some of us can hook up to play a little.

Rushmore

LittleTokyo said:
Hey, this is Rawk Hawk's friend, Rushmore if you just started up again would you like to party together? Or did you kep your old character?

I kept my old character but I'm currently working on one of my low level jobs (5 WHM) to get used to the game again.

If you guys want, I'm sure one of our richer LS members (ahem, SHOUTA) would be happy to hook you guys up with a World Pass. The thing about this game is that you can't choose which server you end up on unless someone gives you a specific world pass for that server.

Once you guys get on our Server, post your usernames and we'll get you started.

Rawk Hawk

Alright, well he is in a server now, although god onlt knows which one, but once my copy gets here I'll set it up too, I ordered it today. So how do we get hooked up with one of these world passes?

Rushmore

Well, one of us who is currently on Fairy will need to purchase one in the game. I'm not sure how much they cost these days but it's generally not *too* much.

This world pass is basically a code number. We give you this code and you enter it in when you create your character. What this means for Tokyo is that he will need to create a new character after we get the World Pass. The World Pass has five uses, so one should work fine for you two.

We should have one ready for you guys within 24 hours.

Rawk Hawk

Sweet, I'll have Tokyo get his ready then, what town should he dwell in? Like which one are you guys most frequently visiting these days, as we are running around fighting and stuff now, and not sure we could stray too far as of now.

Rushmore

Rawk Hawk said:
Sweet, I'll have Tokyo get his ready then, what town should he dwell in? Like which one are you guys most frequently visiting these days, as we are running around fighting and stuff now, and not sure we could stray too far as of now.

Here's the thing... the vast majority of the LS has been playing for over two years now and they're all like level GODULAR. So generally, if they hang out anywhere it's in Jeuno. Jueno isn't exactly accessable until you reach about level 20 which, with dedication, can be done in 1-2 weeks.

If we get your screennames, we can at least put you on our friend's list and have one of the LS leaders to give you guys Link Shells so we can communicate at all times. I'll be happy to help you guys out in the early stages. You can choose whichever starting kingdom you want. You might want to do a little bit of research before you do, though. Right now, I'm leveling up my low-level job in Windurst because there's barely anyone there to compete with for mobs.

Rawk Hawk

Sounds good, but at least if we both get the World Passes we can play together, and that is our main goal. He has played before, so he at least knows a little he had a level 10 monk about a year ago. But we might be calling on you for some help :) As for the link shell that would be sweet, we are going to just go fiddle around with everything to see how it all works and stuff, I'll keep checking back every time and again, let us know when this World Pass can be done.

He doesn't know what server he is on, or how to check but his PlayOnline account is Sarpedon and his character name is Yeshua right now, he is a little short guy (the name starts with a T) and a black mage, most likely he will keep it the same when we switch servers. As for me, I'm not sure yet. I'm think Elvaan and Warrior, but as for a name, I don't know.

I'm Rawk Hawk's buddy who just resigned back up for the game and wow, the towns are just empty in comparison to the PS2 launch period of the game. I figured it would be less lively but this was still a little startling. At any rate, it's much easier to to level because of the fewer amount of players so I'm not really complaining. Plus, this is about the only game Rawk Hawk and I can play together because of the cross PS2-PC compatibility. I really appreciate the help from you GAFers in terms of getting us a world pass and a link shell, that's awesome. :)

Rorschach

Yeah, the "main" towns are kinda empty at night these days, but Jeuno is always packed. Sandy is usually heavy on the traffic too. Do you guys still need a pass? I can get you guys one since I'm not doing jack shit with my money, anyway. :p

Rawk Hawk

Yeah I guess we need them to even play with eachother, it's kind og gay the way they worl all that, but either way. LittleTokyo can use one whenever, but I don't even have my copy yet, it all depends on how long it takes to ship. You'd be surprized, but in upstate NY I guess this game is like liquid gold or something, not a gaming store or even walmart like store within 50 miles has the damn thing. We had to resort to ordering. But by next week I should have it. Thanks so much guys, and when you do get one of these pass things, you might need to include a short summary of how to use it... Tokyo probably knows, because he's played before, but I don't. :)

Thanks again.

Rushmore

Lenneth (Shouta) hooked up a Gold Pass. The only stipulation is it's a one-time use, so I guess this one is going to LittleTokyo.

On the plus side, both he and Lenneth will get special hats for using this code. Remember, you have to use it when creating a new character. Cheers!

Rawk Hawk

Well that was quick, I'm over to LittleTokyo's house and he is playing now, I'll probably start playing Thursday or so, so if you could get me a pass that would be amazing.

Rawk Hawk

Sweet, Walmarts site says 6/3-6/10 it should be here, but I'm not expecting it to be too long, all they have to do is box it and ship it. But thanks a million.

Rawk Hawk

Rawk on, got my copy and Tokyo and I have been logging in quite a few hours over the last two days. He is up to level 11 Black Mage I believe and I'm a Level 10 Warrior. I just wanted to thank you guys so much for helping us get in the same server. The only other thing I had a question about was this Link Shell thing, now I have little to no idea what it is all about, but I know Tokyo got one from some guy the other day (Along with some gil he wasn't up for splitting... jerk) but I still don't have one. I didn't know how I could join yours and/or how much it would cost me, I don't mind fronting some of the gil, I just want to have that little thing next to my name. :) Not to mention the ability to chat with you guys when I need help, and oh dear lord do I. Thanks again, let me know what I got to do anytime, talk to you all soon.

My information:
Play Online tag: Achilles
Character name: Joachim

Tamanon

Banned
OK, I'm going to go ahead and reinstall this game and give it a whirl, need something a little different from WoW so I don't get burned out on it! What server is GA on again and can I get a worldpass? I forgot my old Content ID name so I can't get my old SAM back:/ C'est la vie, starting anew will work also.

Ikse

Is there any way to retrive your password? I cant remember mine, and their support section isnt much help either.

Top Bottom