• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FFXI FAQ/Starter topic Redux

Kandinsky

Dont know if this is normal or what, but every time i start a new character (mule), it "lands" in Fairy, never needed a WP or anything, it ALWAYS ends there, all four times.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
It's setup that way so any characters you tie to your existing handle are automatically put on the server of your main. I wasted money on a worldpass because I didn't know this :x

Rawk Hawk

I see, well ManaByte if you need anything let me know. I'm still learning all this stuff myself, I only started at the beginning of the summer, but I've got no problem trying to help out with anything. Once I get my Samurai to 40 tonight (hopefully) I'm going to pick up whm for a sub, so maybe if I log in enough hours this weekend by Monday we can party together in Valk or Qufim.

EDIT: Dur not much help if I don't tell you my name, lol. Just send a /tell to Joachim. :)

ManaByte

People who MPK their own group three times in a row causing most of the group to delevel need to be shot in the face.

Shouta

Those are different from intentional MPK though and what are you talking about, you haven't actually played in like 5 months :lol

Rorschach

Shouta said:
Those are different from intentional MPK though and what are you talking about, you haven't actually played in like 5 months :lol
Well, when I was playing in the dunes with Ranger, some dude tried to have us all killed 4 times in a row. I wasn't dumb enough to stay behind, but he intentionally wiped the party out multiple times. I left after the second time, then got a kickass pt that did all dunes levels in one night :D

Rawk Hawk

Multi Person Kill, basically they drop a bunch of agressive or linking mobs near you so you can't handle them all, either by zoning them, and as the mobs head back into the area they attack your party, or I suppose they could pull a sleep and log... But either way they purposely attempt to kill you. Once you get to GC around lvl 32 you'll learn all you'll need to know, and more, about it.

Heh, some idiot tried to MPK my group in the Crawler's Nest by bringing one mob over and then NIN 2hring. Ended up doing us a favor, as it was the same monster we were exping off of, and we had just had a full rest. He was in our level range, too. We all thanked him for the free pull and /comforted him. :lol

ManaByte

Ok fuck this. I got in a party tonight and the group was in an area blocked by about 10 VT or IT gobs that I could not get through. I apologized and said I couldn't get to them and disbanded, so for revenge they MPKed me twice causing me to delevel and they are shouting in the dunes area for no one to group with me.

Rawk Hawk

I'm going to try to level my White Mage tomorrow. Maybe Mana, I can get up to your lvl and just party with you. I'm in Windy now, I'll just change jobs and start lvling it, when you get on send me a tell and I'll let you know how long I think it will take.

EDIT: BTW I soloed up to almost 15 anyway, don't waste your time sitting around the dunes, you can put up your party flag and always solo in Konst Highlands or La Thiene, just focus on Easy Prey mobs and you should be fine even without a sub job.

Zaptruder

Banned
Rawk Hawk said:
Multi Person Kill, basically they drop a bunch of agressive or linking mobs near you so you can't handle them all, either by zoning them, and as the mobs head back into the area they attack your party, or I suppose they could pull a sleep and log... But either way they purposely attempt to kill you. Once you get to GC around lvl 32 you'll learn all you'll need to know, and more, about it.

The M stands for Monster or Mob.

... because you can't actually directly PK people in the game, only through kiting mobs onto people and then zoning or dying and having those mobs aggro the intended target.

Rawk Hawk

Hahaha oh I've been known to put them jerks in their place. Expecially in Valk, oh man I hate that "PULL" at least say "Ready!" or "Okay Joa." Something about just like 3 "PULL"'s spaming the text box .3 seconds after the mob dies just doesn't make me happy.

jiggle

Hmm, that must be what this group of ppl were doing at Valkurm, had like 10 gobs chasing them, and killing ppl in their path, including me...

another stupid question, for the moghouse furnishing, is there a way to rotate the furnitures? What keys do i press to do it?

Rawk Hawk

Yeah I thought you could, isn't it on the menu when you select layout? I run the PS2 version, so I suppose if you have the PC one it might be different, but I thought it was on the menu.

DarkAngyl

Anyone here play on Remorah? I've got a 24rdm/12blm there. I'm really struggling trying to get my Khazam keys. :/ I got the Ghelsba key after a day and a half of orc slaughtering...man was I sick of orcs. Now I'm in Palborough trying to pick up that one, and having no luck. I did hit 25 last night...then lost it thanks to a link. ugh. :p

My LinkShell died an untimely death, so if there is anyone else around on Remorah, send me a tell. Character's name is Alain. :)

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Yeah, what is up with the impatient assholes who keep spamming PULL? I took THF to 37 and RNG to 20 on one character and THF to 25 on another, and I never got over it. The worst is when your party has completely depleted the mob population in the immediate area and you need to wait for something to respawn, and they still demand that you pull, like you can just create mobs out of thin air.

Or (this is my favorite) when another impatient cockgobbler in the party gets so fed up from having to wait that he goes out and pulls something himself without saying a word, so I come back to camp with a mob while they're already fighting one. Somehow, in the end, it's my fault.

cloudwalking said:
Yeah, what is up with the impatient assholes who keep spamming PULL? I took THF to 37 and RNG to 20 on one character and THF to 25 on another, and I never got over it. The worst is when your party has completely depleted the mob population in the immediate area and you need to wait for something to respawn, and they still demand that you pull, like you can just create mobs out of thin air.

Or (this is my favorite) when another impatient cockgobbler in the party gets so fed up from having to wait that he goes out and pulls something himself without saying a word, so I come back to camp with a mob while they're already fighting one. Somehow, in the end, it's my fault.

Sorry, this was totally my post. Forgot to log her out.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
0916_ex.gif

mages from the new FINAL FANTASY XI expansion, "Treasures of Aht Urhgan," have finally been released to the public at the Tokyo Game Show (September 16-18)! And soon, players will be able to view a sneak peek of the new content from this site!

This page will continuously be updated with the most up-to-date information on exciting new content from "Treasures of Aht Urhgan," so keep your eyes peeled for more!

Also,f rom gamefaqs MB (Unconfirmed)

There're 3 new jobs added. 1 was mentioned in day 1. (TGS has 3 days showing)

Geomancer, a tank job who creates shields using MP to reduce damage. The effect of these "shields" depend on geography, and weather as a bonus. After you activate this shield ability, your MP is consumed. However, Geomancers are mages, they only wear mage's costume.

The video shows that when it's snowing, an ability that acts like Ice Spike appears. This weather-related ability doesn't require MP like normal "geo-shield". Earth weather, you get free Stonskin. Wind weather, you get free Blink. and so on.

Well, this looks promising. Be interested to see where tehy take the FFXI story now that they've really wrapped upa ll the loose ends with CoP. From that one shoot, it looks as if we'll be visitng the "Far East" continually mentioned by Tenzen durring CoP. His country was supposedly hit much harder byt he effects of the emptyness.

TomStrong

This Geomancer sounds lame. How will they keep hate? They are mages and as such don't hit hard enough to keep the hate from the DD. Even if you pair it up with a warrior subjob and voke, after on or two rounds assuming you have a good DD the mob will turn on the DD.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Rawk Hawk said:
So with this Geomancer and the rumors of Blue Mage, anyone willing to take a stab at the third job?

There is a NPC in Tavnanzia who makes mention of someone who went to study Necromancy.

Rawk Hawk

DrForester said:
There is a NPC in Tavnanzia who makes mention of someone who went to study Necromancy.

Hmm that could be interesting..

So these are being named at the Tokyo Game show? (Which mind you G4 is airing on TV in like 10 days, so after I hear all the news from you guys I get to hear it all again. Which in all fairness I will be and probably tailgate for. lol)

EDIT: Still a no go on the link, Linux can be a bitch with this stuff, how is the trailer?

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Ok my bandwidth got absolutely NAILED.

Who would have thought a few 20MB videos could lead to 270GB in bandwidth.

Jonnyram

That Geomancer stuff wasn't mentioned at TGS at all, afaik.
I was stood there when they talked about the Blue Mage, though they didn't mention the job name specifically, just dropped massive hints by saying things like "they can learn monster's skills, err...". They didn't say three jobs either - though I have heard it could be around that number.

Ploid 3.0

TomStrong said:
This Geomancer sounds lame. How will they keep hate? They are mages and as such don't hit hard enough to keep the hate from the DD. Even if you pair it up with a warrior subjob and voke, after on or two rounds assuming you have a good DD the mob will turn on the DD.

Maybe Geomancer will make war tanking more efficent if they happen to have utsu down or /mnk sub. If it turns to the other dd (like blm) it may end up taking PLD like dmg. I don't know much about Geomancer though just going by what was said in a post on this page.

jiggle

Will there be another Halloween event this year?

In the past events(not just the halloween one), how low-lvl friendly were they?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
final-fantasy-xi-treasures-of-aht-urhgan-20050929091613638.jpg

hot, hot... I cannot wait until it is out on Xbox 360 as being in Europe I am kinda left out the PlayStation 2 one and I prefer playing it on TV :D.

Rawk Hawk

Congrats.

I am almost to 50, depending on how much school work I get this week, I might be ready by the weekend for G1 if anyone can help. Just a heads up that I'll need some help. If you can help me out, post up when is good for you, I'm available almost any time (unless girls are around. :) )

Rawk Hawk

Reached lvl 50 this morning, just curious if there is a chance we all can hook up for G1 within a few days. I'll be on today, let me know. Thanks ^^

Top Bottom