• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FFXI FAQ/Starter topic Redux

Ploid 3.0

A picture of Shouta fighting a antlion.

boneyardgully01.jpg

And you guys said the PS2 graphics sucked.. >.>

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

SkooBrink

Banned
DrForester said:
DONT BUY IT! ITS CRAP, IT CANT KEEP TIME WELL.

The timers on it are nothing mroe than countdown timers, it's not like the vanadiel navi (Like i thouht) where you can see airship arival times, guild shop times, etc. ALL it does it time, day of week and moon phase. This thing is a total POS.

F****

Shouta

SkooBrink said:
lmao gamefaqs is mostly Fairy too, wtf is with that!?

That's cause Fairy has a higher than normal concentration of idiots, especially ones that inhabit forums. We're the only sane ones on the server, that's for sure.

Do any of you guys on Fairy belong to any good Linkshells? I just came back from a two-month break and just about everybody in my old LS has quit. I find it impossible to mindlessly farm without being able to BS to a bunch of other people.

61 SAM LFLS :~(

Ploid 3.0

Stars of Destiny is the LS Shouta started at his start (oldest NA LS) and it's still going. So many sams in it that it should be called Samurai of Destiny heh.

aceface

I just bought a computer with good enough graphics to run this, but since I'm in the middle of DQ8, my wife started a game instead. She started two days ago on Fairy as a Mithra Black Mage in Windhurst. Her name is lilpix...help her out if you see her laying dead in the field. :lol

Shouta

Hey Sac, Mika's looking for you.

Fairy has tons of high level idiots and prices are still insane (although dropping off).

BlackMage

Banned
So I got back into this game after 1 1/2 years of being gone. Unfortunately, I had to start over, but this time around, I'm gonna take things slow and go at my own pace so I don't get burned out like last time. My server (Midgardsormr) still has a good amount of people playing and there are still a lot of old friends out there to help me out. I plan on playing Bard as my main and a little bit of BST for those late night sessions.

Kandinsky

Thanks Len, please tell her to check her p.m. on the SoD forums :)

Edit: Um....., for some reason i cant get in, can anyone link me to SoD boards prz.

Ploid 3.0

Rawk Hawk said:
lol Ploid, but we all know who the best Sam is!!!!

Joachim FTW!!

mt

lol but really level for level you probably are. I can't play sam most of the time. Starting to hate my thf for not allowing me to use another job.

Rawk Hawk

Ploid 3.0 said:
lol but really level for level you probably are. I can't play sam most of the time. Starting to hate my thf for not allowing me to use another job.

I wish I had a high level thf right now tough. Finally got a haubergeon and I really could use some Ochiudo's Kote. Been in the castle trying to get a claim, I get a lot with sam/thf for flee and steal, but thf/war would just be so much better. But oh well, I can live without the kote, been doing to for quite a few levels already lol.

Ploid 3.0

OK now i'm 3/5 sam relic af. Soon I can join the full relic af club. Feet, legs, and kotes are what I have. The other two are completely useless.

Ploid 3.0

I wear wyvern mask during just about everything but sam/thf. The AFII hat for sam is worthless since I have optical hat >_< they should have gave it 10 str or something useful >.>

Seriously people tell me that af2 hat is better than optical for some silly reason (In game).

optical%20hat.jpg

vs

Saotome-Kabuto.jpg

Added:
Wyvern-Helm.jpg

The stats optical have over saotome kuboto are: Rng accu+5 evasion+10 Def-25 enmity-1 Edit: Oops forgot about the -20 hp.

What's so bad about not having not having the 25def, I don't think def means much to anything outside pld. I never paid attention to def gear. If I had to have def why not wear genbu kuboto >.>. And +1 enmity woot. Sam have the worst iceland af I think. Thf would too but people think TH+1 = a whole trait upgrade as in TH2 vs TH1. Gotta love how those steal+1 items work aye? ~.O How about double attack +1 does that mean warriors get double attack2 or whatever the limit to double attack+ items are?

I can't wait to be able to lot RDM af in icelands, that is all that seem to matter for performance.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Pretty simple. The Saotome looks a fuckton better than Opti hat. =)

Bout it really. Well, one could argue about the Enmity helping a tiny bit when SATAing onto someone. Can't SAM wear the Wyvern Helm? Macro it in for SATA then macro out. If it's wearable (IIRC atm) then it's a waste not to use the STR for the SA. =x

Shouta

Well, you'd be surprised how much a little extra defense helps and the HP gives you a better chance of surviving an AoE. So I'd say the Saotome is better for big group situations (unless there's hate problems) and the O-hat is better for small group situations.

Also, like Darsh points out, the Saotome looks a bajillion times better. :lol

Ploid 3.0

I use wyvern helm majority of the time unless i'm having accu problems. Or if i'm using /thf but swich out for ws (str). Just can't see using saotome. Oh I mainly get to use sam for only dynamis >_< Thf is even more popular for exp (lufa
on the birds. People seem tired of sky). And yea, if I use a ws wyvern mask is automatically equipted via macros.

Question for those who know what they're doing with the FFXI beta on 360. How the hell do I get it off my hard drive? I go to the Memory option, and it's not there. So how do I remove it?

RuGalz

ToyMachine228 said:
Question for those who know what they're doing with the FFXI beta on 360. How the hell do I get it off my hard drive? I go to the Memory option, and it's not there. So how do I remove it?

Uninstall from logon screen iirc.

Rawk Hawk

Ploid 3.0 said:
I use wyvern helm majority of the time unless i'm having accu problems. Or if i'm using /thf but swich out for ws (str). Just can't see using saotome. Oh I mainly get to use sam for only dynamis >_< Thf is even more popular for exp (lufa
on the birds. People seem tired of sky). And yea, if I use a ws wyvern mask is automatically equipted via macros.

I don't know your other gear, but I currently use a Valkyries Mask and I love it. Assuming I can keep up enough STR gear to support it in melee at 75, I was debating still wearing it over the Wyvern Helm. I'll probably get an O.Hat if only because it's a mile stone in the game really, plus I'd like to have it incase I run into acc problems or am our soloing. As for the AF2 I think once I hit 75 I'll probably use that over the O.Hat for acc problems. If only because is job specific over the all job O.Hat. I dunno got a lot going right now anyway, been trying to level Thief and Beastmaster up, just because they will help me make more money and make my life as a Samurai much easier. Plus in my other LS we seem to have a problem finding a TH2 when someone needs drops for something. 3 hours in Bibiki and only one air tank dropped. Had to buy the others so we can go out tomorrow to get those boots. But overall Ploid assuming you have enough STR gear to break down the enemies VIT, I'd use ATK headgear to further break down his the enemies DEF.

Belfast

Just in case Aht Urhgan tempts me, the 360 will support the regular servers upon actual release, right? I know the beta servers were different...

Shouta

You're supposed to be able to shift servers from the 360 beta one to the regular ones I hear but I don't know for sure.

hgplayer1

Belfast said:
Just in case Aht Urhgan tempts me, the 360 will support the regular servers upon actual release, right? I know the beta servers were different...

yes the retail version will be played on the same servers that PS2 and PC players are on. before the beta ended it gave everyone in the beta the opportunity to select which server they would continue their character on.

Shouta

It works like SMN auto-refresh which means it stacks.

Also, the Shield Update is off the charts. S-E really delivered this time.

LRS

You guys think it's worth coming back to FFXI for the expansion? I used to play a 75 rdm on Fairy named Rilix and I think Blue Mage seems like it could be a fun job to play.

Shouta

Not really sure, it'll remain to be seen. The new jobs definitely look interesting though. I'm sitting pretty right now and getting ready for expansion goodness in like 90 minutes.

teiresias

Shouta said:
Not really sure, it'll remain to be seen. The new jobs definitely look interesting though. I'm sitting pretty right now and getting ready for expansion goodness in like 90 minutes.

Are all of these new jobs only available once you reach a certain level?

Top Bottom