• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! + Your BEST of 2011!

20120106_161637cojef.jpg

Wildlife by La Dispute

Ordered it back in October and it FINALLY arrived on Friday because JB HiFi has a horrible tracking system. Was sitting at "Awaiting Stock" for the whole time.
Sounds fantastic, played the album out by the end of the year so now I am rediscovering bits and pieces which is fun.

Some books I got this week.

A Game of Thrones Deluxe Edition

AfQOs.jpg

TbNCj.jpg

Some Hard Case Crime Novels (Little Girl Lost, Top of the Heap, Grifter's Game, Fade to Blonde,

r2i0b.jpg

Rtas

W536y.jpg

Microsoft points, Halo encyclopedia, Batman Arkham City, Inheritance by christopher paolini, Halo CEA soundtrack, and Black Sabbath Heaven and Hell, good haul in my eyes, and the significant other got me an old gameboy colour with pokemon gold which I've wasted about 19 hours on already.

FHIZ

Got this a few days ago.

imag0231j.jpg

27" iMac, i7 processor, 8gb ram, and one ridiculously high res image of Oliva Wilde that I am never changing

Cheska

Even as a straight woman, I have absolutely no issue saying that Olivia Wilde is stunningly beautiful! I <3 her.

alphaNoid

Banned
Got this a few days ago.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/8572/imag0231j.jpg/IMG]

27" iMac, i7 processor, 8gb ram, and one ridiculously high res image of Oliva Wilde that I am [B]never changing[/B][/QUOTE]

The woman in your monitor is facing the wrong direction.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Some recent pickups:

6651776273_39e3b478cf_z.jpg

Re-bought both of these. Returned older copies when I found better deals; $20 for Rayman and $30 for MW3.

6651778273_a333e2b6be_z.jpg

Got a great deal on a couple Booq skins for iPad. $7.50 shipped for both... I don't even have an iPad, lol. But I gave one to my mom for her Touchpad, and I'll hold onto the other in hopes that the iPad 3 keeps a similar form factor.

6651781921_aace9175f5_z.jpg

6651780225_04f5381622_z.jpg

Upgrading my old full-size, crappy mattress to a nice queen.

6651783825_58a1b4f266_z.jpg

And finally picked up Darksiders! I've heard a lot of great things; and you can't do wrong for $3.51/shipped.

My best pickups of 2011?

6485324947_76505160dd_z.jpg

6572695865_f9124855e5_z.jpg

Zelda LE 3DS. I really love the system, and had a regular Cosmo Black since launch. But I absolutely LOVE the looks of this limited edition. I've also gotten plenty of use out of it and its library - I've added a few more titles since I took the pics.

6262080434_16cba6e8f5_z.jpg

iPhone 4S 16GB White. I bought a $600 launch-day original and a 3GS a couple years later. But with the 4S, it's the first time a phone has done 100% of everything I could ask/hope for. IMO, it's the very first "perfect" phone.

6067236358_1bfc14126e_z.jpg

Four years of payments, but I finally paid off my car this passed August!

5698851926_fe2c70accc_z.jpg

Completed my Bachelor's Degree from the University of Missouri. I majored in journalism with an emphasis in strategic communication.

6180269290_c4ebb72352_z.jpg

GTX570 AMP! Edition, which was a replacement for my AMD 5870. This 570 is insane. I've got a pretty substantial overclock going, but it's stable with just the *tiniest* bit of extra juice. It gets pretty damn warm, but it runs like a champ!

6572474657_03c5dac4c4_z.jpg

A nice Blu-Ray burner. Got this for Christmas - thanks mom! She did an AWESOME job. It's exactly the one I wanted :) My old one was driving me nuts, so this is probably one of my absolute favorite things of the year.

... and finally, out of all that... the most exciting pickup of them all...

6546820999_74f6325077_z.jpg

I feel like I waited FOREVER for this game to come out! I can't believe I'm playing it regularly now. SOOO GOOOD.

Sylver

Banned
First 2012 pick-up (manga)
Vol. 3 (Majora's Mask) from Zelda series, I missed that number when it was published, so now I'm in time :D.
jzQNI.jpg

Last 2011 pick up was HighSchool of the Dead volume 7, very manga ongoing.

B.K.

Gundam!

UnYOX.jpg

Buy.com had a pretty good Bandai sale going on last month, so I ordered these. I also ordered 08th MS Team, but it was out of stock. I'm waiting for them to get more. If I'd known what was going to happen to Bandai, I would have bought a few more series.

dc89

GBA Micro. Wanted one for ages. Shame about the sleeve on the box but it's not the end of the world. The device is brand new and immaculate.

MvgRp.jpg

m78Xu.jpg

rmPzf.jpg

Also picked up this iPod Nano 1st Gen. Loads of refurbs are appearing on eBay now due to the recent recall. I bought it because I sent mine back as part of the replacement programme and it seems I'm going to have a 6th Gen returned to me. I don't like them.

brsGy.jpg

The marks on the screen is it's protective plastic which it ships in. Again this is immaculate. I'll probably pick another one up to use and keep one mint. When I get my 6th Gen replacement I'll sell it and pick another one of these up, keep one mint and use one.

I hate how iPhone's cast this blue haze over your pictures. -.-

Gundam!

UnYOX.jpg

Buy.com had a pretty good Bandai sale going on last month, so I ordered these. I also ordered 08th MS Team, but it was out of stock. I'm waiting for them to get more. If I'd known what was going to happen to Bandai, I would have bought a few more series.

Nice pickups dude.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Got this a few days ago.

imag0231j.jpg

27" iMac, i7 processor, 8gb ram, and one ridiculously high res image of Oliva Wilde that I am never changing

The photographer who owned the studio I was using for a shoot today had one of these on his desk. I told my model to go sit in a corner so I could continue to stare at the monitor. That thing is so sexy.

leng jai

Woow, the box is larger than I thought. Are you satisfied with the quality of it? I have the FFXIII Limited Edition Soundtrack, so I'm considering picking this one up as well.

I have that FFXIII (one of the best LE soundtrack sets IMO) and alas this one isn't in the same stratosphere. It looks nice but the cardboard is way too thin and flimsy. Its basically like two sheets of paper in thickness. The CD packaging is also in cardboard and designed in a way that deters you from ever wanting to take them out. On the plus side the booklet is quite nice and high quality, but smaller than the XIII one.

Alebrije

Nostalgia time. Saw it today on a local Wallmart (Mexico) , I know these times you can play free on the web all the Atary games but I could not resist buying it

img2336ro.jpg

img2338p.jpg

"Console" near the size of a dvd case , controls are almost the size of the original ant they give you the feeling of an original Atary 2600 control.
img2339cg.jpg

Nice poster included
img2342k.jpg

Manufacturer web page : http://www.atgames.net/front/bin/cglist.phtml?Category=100395

-PXG-

First 2012 pick-up (manga)
Vol. 3 (Majora's Mask) from Zelda series, I missed that number when it was published, so now I'm in time :D.
jzQNI.jpg

Last 2011 pick up was HighSchool of the Dead volume 7, very manga ongoing.

Oh shit son. This is quite a unique pick-up.

Upgrade from a 9600GT, the difference is amazing.

I am so terrible at cable management lol.

Great card. Most bang for your buck you could get at the moment.

kx11

Banned
How much was it? Does it require an external power source or is the USB connection enough?

it cost me 250$ with DHL shipment ..etc but the drive alone is 184$

and it comes with external power source and usb cable

this drive ripped Lion King bluray pretty fast it took me i think 20min to make an AVI-h246 video file

aGf4I.png

o5FFs.png

N1NMu.png

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Gundam!

UnYOX.jpg

YES. Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory is my favorite UC series of all time <3

Top Bottom