• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year!)!

MisterNoisy

How is it?

So far, I'm pretty impressed. Performance is good in everything I've tried (a couple of games and some HD video), the browser and UI are quite nice and the battery keeps going pretty much all day and then some on a charge, even considering pretty heavy 'new toy' usage levels. I love the size/form factor - anything bigger would be a bear to thumb-type on, but the screen feels plenty big.

Balboa

tDJQIl.jpg

My first android phone, Samsung Galaxy S3 in Pebble Blue

r8kApl.jpg

So far I'm loving it, but I'm a little worried about it's battery life.
Which time/weather widget is that? Thanks.

Alpha_eX

734824_10151360961626413_627411160_n.jpg

Friend got this for my birthday. Huge surprise as I gave up looking for one (but always wanted) as it was sold out.

Updated pic of completed Unimog I got yesterday for New Year's Evening/Day build.

Epic set. Totally fricken HUGE!

[IG]http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv358/gbuczek/679FB543-84D1-4950-83FB-CF80314C363F-15769-00000F86C4EB405B.jpg[/IMG]

Wow, you are quick! I usually take my time building a little every day. I ordered the Unimog today, hopefully it gets here early next week. Am building the Imperial Flagship right now.

bitoriginal

Heres some stuff I picked up recently. Boring stuff first...

O3Yovl.jpg

gLpuHl.jpg

I managed to snag these SNES games at a local market. I paid £5 for the lot. Thats just over $8. All boxed with instructions. Couldn't believe my luck.

qfmSml.jpg

I've been getting my Megadrive up and running recently. Got these games from a local game shop after asking if they've got anything out back.

6vgpVl.jpg

So after spending money on some games, I thought I'd take the plunge.

oxwtvl.jpg

Non-TMSS Megadrive

Qkb82l.jpg

My personal Megadrive holy grail...

tl6bOl.jpg

Loxley

My first ever "new" car (previous ones were all used), 2013 Hyundai Elantra (hatchback) with two-tone black/beige interior:

car1h.jpg

car2iq.jpg

car3lm.jpg

So far I love it. This thing has so many features for the price that I don't even know where to start. I tried about five other cars while shopping around, including the Ford Focus, Dodge Dart, Subaru Legacy and the Mazda 3. The Elantra was far and away the best choice in my mind.

Touchdown

Banned
My first ever "new" car (previous ones were all used), 2013 Hyundai Elantra (hatchback) with two-tone black/beige interior:

So far I love it. This thing has so many features for the price that I don't even know where to start. I tried about five other cars while shopping around, including the Ford Focus, Dodge Dart, Subaru Legacy and the Mazda 3. The Elantra was far and away the best choice in my mind.

Could I ask how much it cost ya? :eek: I'm currently looking for a new car.

Loxley

Could I ask how much it cost ya? :eek: I'm currently looking for a new car.

The MSRP is $25,000, however I'm leasing it for $3,000 down and about $247 a month over the next four years. Took a long-ass time to get the dealership to agree with me on a price, but eventually it worked out :)

brettreyu

Just got this the other day I bloody love it:
F07CDC04-22E5-4C67-AD2A-6858474F471C-196-0000001CAFF8C408.jpg

Very nice. My old Denon just got re purposed as an office turntable and retro gaming station receiver, needless to say it slaughters the Onkyo that I have in the main area which was only purchased because of its HDMI functionality.

F-Zero GX ($15) and my Club Nintendo case just got in.

jHsyq1j4YNRTR_ss.jpg

jLaZsWFQyfKlu_ss.jpg

Can't wait to break into GX, had a blast with it when I was younger. Never owned it though, it was always played at my friend's.

Also downloaded some eShop titles with a few gift cards I got. Sakura Samurai, Crashmo, Link's Awakening, Nano Assault Neo and Trine 2.

jb1BDOTBcwwSXQ_ss.jpg

jblIX3qS5ssBdz_ss.jpg

jba3uFFCCGgIj6_ss.jpg

jHygib62yQix7_ss.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture quality.

734824_10151360961626413_627411160_n.jpg

Friend got this for my birthday. Huge surprise as I gave up looking for one (but always wanted) as it was sold out.

Still so pissed off at BigBadToyStore for the whole Link figure debacle. Pretty much quit doing business with them and am ordering the Pit Figma figures from Play-Asia

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Half-off guides at Gamestop! Woo! About $50 for the lot. Not quite a penny; but still love a good guide as in-flight reading material, lol.

8339478111_e8c96f5e41_c.jpg

Mercutio

Barbour Bedale jacket w/hood attachment:
c6829f79b42b2d753a70422a12d8ca29_zps994af72a.jpg

Awesome. Properly cared for, a Barbour could be the last jacket you ever buy. You can even re-wax it at home if required.

Just watch out for heated car seats. They'll melt the wax, and you'll be both one jacket and one car-seat shorter.

Awesome. Properly cared for, a Barbour could be the last jacket you ever buy. You can even re-wax it at home if required.

Just watch out for heated car seats. They'll melt the wax, and you'll be both one jacket and one car-seat shorter.

Thanks! Also will be minding your advice, especially with the heated car seats. My car doesn't have heated seats, but other friends and family do so I'll probably opt for non-heating.

Spike

Still so pissed off at BigBadToyStore for the whole Link figure debacle. Pretty much quit doing business with them and am ordering the Pit Figma figures from Play-Asia

It's not really their fault, though. Blame Diamond Comics for both advertising that they would be distributing the figure and also allowing stores/customers to place orders even before they had even come to an agreement with Max Factory. They are the only ones to blame for screwing the pooch on this one.

This is the problem with having a monopoly.

The vast majority of my Christmas stuff.
  • Tenchi Muyo OVA
  • Ninja Scroll
  • Three Fragments of a Lost Tale (aka The Crippled Boy)
  • Autographed still from John Frame's above movie
  • Persona 4 Art Book
  • Life Photography Collection Book
  • Both Tame Impala albums

It's not really their fault, though. Blame Diamond Comics for both advertising that they would be distributing the figure and also allowing stores/customers to place orders even before they had even come to an agreement with Max Factory. They are the only ones to blame for screwing the pooch on this one.

This is the problem with having a monopoly.

So it is Diamond then that said go ahead with the preorders?

Then my mistake

eXistor

WDeHm.jpg

Latest Futurama release and also pictured is Crimson Shroud (great little game, if you're into D&D or table-top rpg's at all, check it out). Not pictured, but also downloaded from the eShop is Denpa Men they Came by Wave.

How is this for a new logo MarkMan?

jbiEFjdBhYlIgU.jpg

Hey! There's my WiiU with ZombiU. And Raitosaito, lovely kitty. :D

At work right now, so I still need to gather some stuff, but I got a Rilakkuma mug from the waifu for Christmas and a neat little plushie from our trip to Loch Ness. Good times. :)

64905e3855b311e29b6422000a1c00c6_7.jpg

NeoRausch

a lego themed moleskine? you've gotta be kidding me!

can you post a picture of it without the yellow wrapper around it?

Axelums

Neo Member
Can't find (Or afford) a 32 so this will have to do for now. Time to download some PSN+ games. 4gb as a starter card just wasn't enough.

A_tBTdOCUAAg_jd.jpg

Also got a case for it. Cheap but does the job.

eggwolio

Some really random stuff this month. lol

iV6hvpr8Xom5V.jpg

If those Alf DVDs are just a repackage of the original releases, be sure to watch the outtakes on season 1. Quite possibly the funniest thing ever. Parts of them are even better if you watch them frame by fame in slow motion. Easily worth whatever you paid for all four seasons.

Tomodachi

thanks man! that's sexy! i guess there is no chance to buy it now?
I'm not sure where I got mine from since it was a gift but I'm pretty sure I've seen it in stores here in Italy. Also it looks like amazon uk has lots of them (and I just noticed the brick glued on the cover comes in different colors... damn, now I want them all).

XNarte

Pardon the low quality Instagram pic, but it's all I have that shows my wife and I's Christmas haul, and what we got my nephew who lives with us.

081d60cc4efd11e2819022000a1f99d8_7.jpg

We did not expect to get so much for Christmas this year, so it was nice.

Playing Xenoblade finally...drool.

Top Bottom