• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year!)!

feli

This are my pick ups of the Christmas Day, it was a pretty good day:

IMG_0006.jpg

Grief.exe

WDeHm.jpg

Latest Futurama release and also pictured is Crimson Shroud (great little game, if you're into D&D or table-top rpg's at all, check it out). Not pictured, but also downloaded from the eShop is Denpa Men they Came by Wave.

Pardon the low quality Instagram pic, but it's all I have that shows my wife and I's Christmas haul, and what we got my nephew who lives with us.

081d60cc4efd11e2819022000a1f99d8_7.jpg

We did not expect to get so much for Christmas this year, so it was nice.

Playing Xenoblade finally...drool.

I'm jealous.

I want all black 3DS XL in America.

jbueno

First pickup of the year for me is the Club Nintendo Ball G&W replica, I hope to have it in my hands by the end of the month.

I found the title that got me over the 1200 coins limit while browsing a bargain bin in a local shop, a sealed copy of Planet Puzzle League. Pretty cheap too.

I continued my search for Secret of Mana and Super Metroid yesterday. Found both, but Super Metroid was pretty fucked, so I didn't take it. Got a Chrono Trigger and a few other things though. And I really didn't expect to find a Secret of Mana, so I was beyond happy to find such a great condition copy.

AC1pq.jpg

Out of Christmas money so I'm done collecting until I start my new job (outside of the Earthbound and New Ghostbusters 2 repro carts for NES I have coming).

I managed to snag these SNES games at a local market. I paid £5 for the lot. Thats just over $8. All boxed with instructions. Couldn't believe my luck.

Holy shit. That's crazy.

Smokey

Did you use the set's game mode or have an AVR hooked up? Both need to be set to game mode to eliminate input latency. If you have an AVR that has a video processor it absolutely needs to be set to game mode or disabled entirely, especially on Demon, Marantz and Onkyo AVR's.

I've encountered no issues and there's no reports of input latency on the avsforum. I'm using the set mainly for movies and my 55" HX929 for gaming.

Yep I use game mode. Not sure what AVR is, but I'm sure I don't have it/one. There is input lag you just may not notice it. I'm assuming you haven't game on a PC monitor? It's what I'm using now via HDMI, and there is a noticeable delay when going back to the Samsung.

It's tolerable on 30fps, but trying to play BLOPS II on the TV is pretty frustrating.

LadyRiven

Picked up my 1/8 scale Ultimate Madoka from the post office today. Biggest figure box EVER. She needed it though. Despite being only 1/8 scale, her bow, wings, hair and skirt make her massive!

Her box insert works perfectly as a photo backdrop, too. :3

Sagitario

Supportin' a fellow GAFer and his game. It is pretty good too:

21D4ED64-52A2-4C2A-A2A1-983A70F6473E-17133-0000108B48BC010E.jpg

I just bought it! :D

First pickup of the year for me is the Club Nintendo Ball G&W replica, I hope to have it in my hands by the end of the month.

I found the title that got me over the 1200 coins limit while browsing a bargain bin in a local shop, a sealed copy of Planet Puzzle League. Pretty cheap too.

I love finding cheap DS games here!
I got Hotel Dusk for $100 the other day.

You have a relative/friend that receives your Club Nintendo stuff? Cool!

Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5, 2gb SDRAM, ATI RADEON 9600 Pro with 64MB DDR SDRAM

Just installed Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard and this should be good enough for a casual browsing computer

Would make a fine browsing machine. Always wanted a macpro, such a great looking machine.

These are my last purchases from 2012:

GZLrX.jpg

Yesterday I got my Christmas Gifts from my girlfriend:

LucYk.jpg

A wonderful essay about Japanese animation, a nice transparent plexiglass drawers narrow and a Maneki neko! (there's also a nice pair of underpants but I'm wearing them)

And I found this for 7,99€:

yJ4J0.jpg

Such a wonderful way to begin 2013!

EDIT: Sorry for the crappy quality, I haven't got a nice camera. :(

Tiduz

Eurogaime
bought this as a mediacenter for my dad:

Raspberry Pi, AWESOME little thing, 1080p smooth playback.

and just unlocked this if it counts:

jbueno

I love finding cheap DS games here!
I got Hotel Dusk for $100 the other day.

You have a relative/friend that receives your Club Nintendo stuff? Cool!

Oh I love finding sealed old games in stores around here since usually they go for pretty cheap. For old DS games I have found that Sears and Mixup are goldmines, lots of good titles from 2005 to 2008 or so are easy to find clearanced out for around $100 pesos. I bought Hotel Dusk and Kirby Canvas Curse a few months ago, but I gifted them and I´m still on the lookout for those for my collection.

And yeah I have relatives in both sides of border cities, they´re actually pretty cool about letting me order stuff and having shipped to them. Ordering stuff from Amazon and Play Asia and would be pretty expensive otherwise, specially if shipped from Japan because of import taxes for Asian goods over here.

Yes Boss!

Couple of big movie releases from last year. Jab Tak Hai Jaan as the final Yash Chopra. And Raacha, telugu movie from 2012:

16C28A84-26E1-4584-B54B-57D6487776F9-17748-0000110CC0FE144E.jpg

And a Euro RGB cable for my Saturn and a special SCART-to-J21 for my XRGB Mini.

9D9C128C-395B-489F-AE9D-4A0F5D41D261-17748-0000110CC6111440.jpg

Sagitario

Oh I love finding sealed old games in stores around here since usually they go for pretty cheap. For old DS games I have found that Sears and Mixup are goldmines, lots of good titles from 2005 to 2008 or so are easy to find clearanced out for around $100 pesos. I bought Hotel Dusk and Kirby Canvas Curse a few months ago, but I gifted them and I´m still on the lookout for those for my collection.

And yeah I have relatives in both sides of border cities, they´re actually pretty cool about letting me order stuff and having shipped to them. Ordering stuff from Amazon and Play Asia and would be pretty expensive otherwise, specially if shipped from Japan because of import taxes for Asian goods over here.

Sears is where I got Hotel Dusk (we don't have Mixup here). I sometimes find cheap games at Walmart, but rarely.
And finding Canvas Curse at that price after so many years = :O

And lucky you about having relatives there! (Y)

Top Bottom