• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Ettie

Blyss said:
Why would someone buy so many copies of one game? I can't seem to find an explanation.

Buying for friends who he/she wants to play with, but said friends are broke or for some other reason can't get a copy themselves?

drkOne

MarkMan said:
3674554954_30c0743b51_b.jpg

Win.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Blyss said:
Why would someone buy so many copies of one game? I can't seem to find an explanation.

Why do people buy Beanie Babies? A better question is, why do you care? I think every person who worked on the game, who works at the store that sold, who works for the company that shipped etc is happy that he bought 7 copies of the game. It feeds a lot of mouths, so if you're going to care about something, why not be happy for all the people that benefit from his purchases. We have a shit economy after all, coupled with a one party rule style of government that happens to be hostile to business.

Yes Boss!

BB for the MS box. I've got it arriving towards the end of the week for the Triple but I wanted a copy the day it released. Gonna attempt to give this one a go online...usually I'm a total solo player:

P1010415.jpg

My brother wants to read this one together this summer as part of the Infinite Summer:

P1010416.jpg

I thought MarkMan was an employee of Aksys - which would explain the number of copies.

Here's my pickups - DSi STYLE (They really should give the DSi camera a Game Boy Camera mode filter. I'd love that. Anyway- IT'S PAYDAY

HNI_0008.jpg

Just about done with Prototype, and although Ninja Blade and Conduit aren't great.. they're fun, guilty pleasure type games. I absolutely adore Prototype though and will be tearing into RFG after finishing prototype first. I bought these a few weeks ago, so not recent.

HNI_0010.jpg

Could be the start of a Game Boy system collecting phase - The Big Konami Logo is on a peice of plyboard from a destroyed arcade machine at the amusement auction I went to recently (I didn't buy anything) I just salvaged this classic konami logo as a souveneir.

HNI_0013.jpg

I'm nearly done with the Game Boy Retrospective and it's so, so good. Some of the best games writing I've ever read. Edited by Jeremy Parish.

HNI_0015.jpg

I'm not sure I'll get into it, but it looks fun. Plus it's HD 2D. Had to buy.

HNI_0014.jpg

Bully and Mercs 2 were B1G1 at BBV - Overlord for $10 is a lucky find because I never played it back when it came out.

HNI_0012.jpg

Found these at Half Price Books - I'll be honest, they're going to amazon.

The following are the PC games I've collected since I bought my laptop a few months back - Tons of awesomeness for really cheap, mostly thanks to half price books finds.
HNI_0011.jpg

HNI_0005.jpg

HNI_0006.jpg

The stalker games are SO GOOD - I've also got The Witcher that's sitting somewhere else in my room.

Yes Boss!

^^^ Wow, payday indeed! Some shit-hot stuff in there. I've got that Gamespite quarterly coming from my brother. All the good impressions have got me pretty amped for it. Seems like Toasty Frog put together something nice.

Yes Boss! said:
^^^ Wow, payday indeed! Some shit-hot stuff in there. I've got that Gamespite quarterly coming from my brother. All the good impressions have got me pretty amped for it. Seems like Toasty Frog put together something nice.

Well, it's not all today - all the PC games are from a few months buying.. only a few of those were today.

You need to get gamespite quarterly if you grew up with a Game Boy - it's a huge nostalgia-gasm.

Yes Boss!

SonOfABeep said:
Well, it's not all today - all the PC games are from a few months buying.. only a few of those were today.

You need to get gamespite quarterly if you grew up with a Game Boy - it's a huge nostalgia-gasm.

Oh yeah...excited about the quarterly. I was actually a well into high-school when the Game Boy was released (so, an adult, basically). Looks good, the magazine. My brother worked with Jeremy at 1up so he is bringing me down a copy in the middle of July. Looking forward to it and I anticipate re-buying an old classic Game Boy to get in on the fun. Been a long, long time since I've gamed on one of those machines.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
SonOfABeep, haha you know I'm not an employee of AKSYS... btw do you still post on CAG? I barely see you on there.

MarkMan said:
SonOfABeep, haha you know I'm not an employee of AKSYS... btw do you still post on CAG? I barely see you on there.

Ah sorry - It's MadCatz, right? I thought you had some connection to AKSYS tho.. but MarkMan got mad connectionz EVERYWHERE right?

I post more infrequently now that I've got a job.. and GGT isn't what it used to be.

I didn't know the new Call of Juarez game was already out. Also, why is the original game on Amazon for sale for $69.99 :lol :lol. It's actually Amazon selling it, and not a 3rd-party seller. The PC version is $6.99 :lol

Struct09

Valkyr Junkie said:
I didn't know the new Call of Juarez game was already out. Also, why is the original game on Amazon for sale for $69.99 :lol :lol. It's actually Amazon selling it, and not a 3rd-party seller. The PC version is $6.99 :lol

Looks like it is a 3rd party selling it, but Amazon fulfilling it. Why they do that or how it works is beyond me.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
SonOfABeep said:
Ah sorry - It's MadCatz, right? I thought you had some connection to AKSYS tho.. but MarkMan got mad connectionz EVERYWHERE right?

I post more infrequently now that I've got a job.. and GGT isn't what it used to be.

lol, I just like video games :)

But yea, I hear you, GGT is lame. I don't even post, let alone read that thread anymore. You're always welcome in the FGT.

---

Stopped by GameStop today... had to support my friends...

3676794453_12f0a20124_b.jpg

+1 each on NPD. Go BB.

billy.sea

Banned
Blyss said:

If you look at his past pictures, he always stock several copies/pieces of everything he bought. Probably too rich or he owns a library.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This was funny. It's like.. "why's everyone buying BlazBlue all of a sudden??" :lol

isny

napkin dispenser
1.21 jiggawats?

I was wondering how the June thread had doubled in the course of a few minutes...lol

t1mmmy

Neo Member
First time that i've posted in this thread, but was really proud of my pickup! Went through alot to get it.

2wpnhwp.jpg

Top Bottom